Search found 344 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

No, we arent looking like we would be competitive in any divison at the moment, hence my disappointment.
But the club has made a decision and weather anyone of us like it, its too bad.
We need to just accept it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Big games coming up in A2 - all games havbe something riding on them.

Winner of Para Hills v SPOC to go minor premiers and into A1 (loser could miss finals)
Loser of AHOS V Brahma Lodge to get wooden spoon (both clubs doomed for A3)
In other games.... teams have to win to play finals

Both teams still a LONG mathematical chance of staying up.
Result for the winner would need to be winning outright whilst scoring 250-300 first innings runs and taking all 20 wickets. Also walkerville would have to have a lowish scoring loss to Ingle Farm.
by Groover
Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need Help Please

pm sent mate
by Groover
Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

Id say anything over 2150 is a pass with 2300+ being very good

by Groover
Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mickey wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Groover wrote:Calling up 5aa this morning and winning tickets to the showdown :)

What was first prize??

Not having to watch Glenelg play

People still watch that mickey mouse competition that has B grade afl teams in it?
by Groover
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Calling up 5aa this morning and winning tickets to the showdown :)
by Groover
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Discussion

I was looking good until Sunday, then my players from Melb (except Dom Tyson), WCE and Bulldogs failed to fire a shot and I finished 2089 :(

I was the opposite, average all week, had the vc on hodge so it was crucial i got my captain right.
Gambled and picked sandilands last minute as captain and that decision turned my week around. Good performances from zorko, tyson, mcdonald and ellis dragged me just passed 2200

by Groover
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

many thanks to ben and the BLFC for their efforts yesterday..we know they are struggling a bit atm but they presented in both grades and never stopped giving an effort and we respect that a lot..well done to groover for winning the anzac day medal for his club..bennett won the CLG medal..

Fantastic day put on by CLG, and easily the best team we have played this year.

Great day was mared by a few of us having $$$ taken out of bags in the changerooms. I hope those that took it need it far more than I / we did.

They definitely moved the ball alot swifter than any other team we have played so far. Game was played in good spirits and even though the result was one sided, I feel we could take some real positives out of the day.
As said above it was a pity that there was some valuables taken, but we can't go pointing fingers at anyone in particular as there seemed to be many people (from both sides/grades) that could have had access to our rooms at any stage.
Just reiterates the fact that any club should have someone looking after valuables (or dont bring them) if changerooms are accessible to anyone other than those that need it.

Apart from that, it was a really good day and CLG should be proud that on such a day they can bring so many people out to an amateur game of football, kudos goes to them.
by Groover
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Can/Will Harvey kick 100 goals again this season?

When was the last time someone kicked 100 goals in back to back seasons?

To answer your question
Can he? Yes
Will he? More than likely

The real question is can he win the free carton of red tins on the channel 9 SAAFL facebook site for lucky player of the round?
by Groover
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your Fantasy/Supercoach situation

Similar thread on another website had some very funny posts.
In pictures/videos explain to us your current situation.
To start us off.

This is my season so far
by Groover
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 Jargon

What a day today, usually Sundays have been sad for me this year, but today had some mixed good luck.
Pre Sunday games
Me - boomer, Tyson, montagna
Spuds - Murphy, Simpson +132pts
I was somewhat of an underdog until
Murphy late out (obrien 50 scores) and Simpson scores 32
Montagna pulled out leaving me with shenton to cover (he scored 69)
Then boomer and Tyson got me well passed the line to keep my season alive :)

If I was spuds I'd feel pretty ripped off today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
by Groover
Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carnage!

What a crap week, only scored 2543 with danger captain :( FMSC!

by Groover
Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the date - medal count night

Pretty sure they spelt my last name wrong ;)

by Groover
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

Brahma lodge fc
A grade:
J sobels
R/up
D grgurovic

B grade
P golden
R/up
K smith

by Groover
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The Ash Man wrote:Tom Koutsantonis. Absolute flog.
While on the topic, Jacqui Lambie, what an attention seeking whore she is.

Is there anyone in government (at any level) that is likeable at the moment?
Clear out the lot and start from scratch IMO

by Groover
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SUPERCOACH PRESEASON 2015

4th ruck was my most captained player in 2014... FMSC!

by Groover
Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Frank Worral and Ashes Tours

Cheers!

by Groover
Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite League 2015

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438518729.447449.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438518741.062539.jpg

by Groover
Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite League 2015

Darksiders 2,392 51,218 total
League rank 97th

by Groover
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Rankings Thread 2015

Come on REB the SuperCoach season has been over for what seems like ages! Where are the final rankings!

Haha

by Groover
Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Angle Park Tonight
Race 4
3 - Leica Drill should be winning this race easily, has the class over the trip and is just returning to peak form, get on while the odds will be good :)
by Groover
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supercoach rd 1 let the games begin!

All hail the mighty Gawnstein!

by Groover
Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Elite 2016

Will hear about this from cossi at training Tuesday too! Grr

by Groover
Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

BL def HFC by about 35pts in A grade
BL def HFC by a couple goals in the B's

by Groover
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Went to Houghton today and thought they were dirty as! They had a bloke sent off which IMO doesn't reflect very well on their club image.
Obviously going there today thinking that we would have a nice and fair game was something that I must have been mistaken by.
Also their supporters kept sledging me and my fellow team mates and made our self esteem reach new lows.

Can't wait for the return leg.

by Groover
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pokemon GO!

Imagine if any coffee shops, food stalls, bars or pubs (with a pokestop) caught on to this craze!
Buying pokecoins (14,500 @ $160) and using them on lures to provide 7 days of 12 hour non stop lures would easily generate the $23 a day outlay back in general sales for as long as the craze lasts.
No brainer!

by Groover
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

I will be very interested to see Ingle Farms thoughts on the game.
Out of a retirement for a short time only.. :D

Brahma Lodge were very impressive, particularly the 3rd quarter. In the first half though, it felt like it was "Steele v Spence" - both forwards were running riot. Steele is a FREAK! He must've kicked 7 goals on the weekend. quick on the lead, strong hands and a beautiful kick, but very clever as well - worked players under the ball well. Combined well with Wanganeen, and the ability to free up McIntyre to run through the midfield was very clever by Lodge.

McKee v Gannell was a good battle all day, but felt when the game was there to be won, Gannell took it up a level. A few contested marks across half forward as the Tigers looked to clear from defense were telling.

Huitema mopped up everything down back with ease, and I was actually surprised by Tippett - he moves well for a bigger lad, and he exposed the Farmers lazy forwards.

Big blows losing Savage and Brooks for this clash, but i think it was almost a blessing in disguise - forced Lodge to select Craven who proved a valuable foil for McKee, and Cook & Krelle who added much needed outside speed to the lineup.

One thing is certain, the Lodge can score heavily and they can score super quick! If they can tighten up the defensive aspect of their game a bit, they'll be genuine contenders next year - they have a lot of game breakers, and a lot of guys who can break lines with run and foot skills.

Terrible that there had to be a loser on Saturday, because that was genuinely one of the more enjoyable matches to watch this season, both sides could've/should've/deserved to win. Hats off to Brahma for their never say die attitude - 7 points down with less than 5min remaining and fought back to level.

Congratulations on a wonderful season in both grades, always a formidable opponent.

Oh and in closing, the Lodge have a bit of coin.. how about making some room in the budget next year to buy Groover a decent hair cut! That's the worst do i've seen since my mum made me sport a mullet back in year 3 :lol:

Growing while I still got it mate haha

by Groover
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got 2 of our pups in on Sunday at Sandown.
These are our quicker ones (re break in times)
Race 1 box 4 miss bellawood
Race 2 box 2 mister harlewood

I’d say get on the 2nd as he has been quite impressive on the trial track

by Groover
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2nd and 3rd

by Groover
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

Both of these are in Thursday for the final
Race 1 at Sandown boxes 4 and 5
Also Thursday night we have at angle park
Race 2 box 4 miss breakout

Litter sister is also in tonight at angle park
Race 4 box 1 silk worm

by Groover
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Just so no one gets confused and we don’t have a 100+ page long winded argument about it, I can confirm BL do pay A grade players (how many and how much I don’t know) Hopefully that can put a stop to anyone involving us in this innuendo.

by Groover
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paid well too!
She’s not super fast but she can put down some good early splits with a clear run.

by Groover
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R2 box 4 at angle park is a LAUNCH at $17fixed
Should really be around the $4-5 range

by Groover
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I fixed at $17 but could have got $18 now haha

by Groover
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beaten by 5lengths, winner was too good on debut and ran good time, we weren’t really a winning chance but we did beat the rest of the field convincingly (blackbook for later)

by Groover
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beaten by 5lengths, winner was too good on debut and ran good time, we weren’t really a winning chance but we did beat the rest of the field convincingly (blackbook for later)

$2.90
R2 tonight.

Winner 29.97
Well done!!!
Just needs to rail, almost cost it tonight.

Was very happy with her run, seems to like to run in the middle of the track like you said, will cost her some races but she is pretty strong so hopefully she can remain a handy type.

by Groover
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

Miss Bellawood is fronting up again at Sandown on Sunday R1 box 2
And Mister Harlewood has been nominated for Thursday’s maiden heats at the meadows 525mtrs.
Silk worm is in on Sunday at Gawler R3 box 6

by Groover
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Tauwitchere won the big final in Melbourne last night.
Messy old race though!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Got offered 200k for the litter before they hit the track, lucky they didn’t take it as last night they earned 165k between them

by Groover
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And Mister Harlewood has been nominated for Thursday’s maiden heats at the meadows 525mtrs.

Miss Bellawood gets up by a half length, had good support across the totes

by Groover
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well done!

Cheers mate, it’s good to see them show what they can do!

by Groover
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From May 2, Greyhound Racing SA (GRSA) will commence a trial of G-SIX racing at Angle Park, Gawler
and Mount Gambier. As the names suggests, G-SIX racing involves six-dog fields being drawn as the
norm for those venues through until the end of July.
The G-SIX form of racing mirrors the traditional approach at English tracks but with the additional
appeal of dogs being more generously spaced at box-rise. In a constantly evolving market, and having
regard for different wagering client needs, this change reflects a willingness by GRSA to challenge
traditional thinking and explore new approaches to the delivery of its racing product.
This innovation is expected to drive a number of immediate benefits for the sport in South Australia:
- Maximising the racing opportunity for trainers and breeders in each of the key TAB-track
regions of South Australia
- Driving up participant returns by the equivalent of more than $1 million annually
- Cleaner racing with less interference
- Scheduling of two weekly meetings at all South Australian TAB venues
How G-SIX racing works:
- Maximum of 6 dogs in each race
- Vacancies in the ‘3’ and ‘6’ alleys
- The 6 dogs will utilise the rug colour which correlates to their box draw – ie red, black/white
stripes, blue, yellow, black, pink
- The two reserves will be numbered 9 and 10 and carry the standard rug colours for reserves
The trial format has been made possible with the assistance of Tabcorp working with GRSA. Tabcorp
General Manager of Wagering, VIC, TAS, SA, NT, Trevor Parkes said: “GRSA is a key partner of TAB and
greyhound racing is an exciting sport within the Australian entertainment landscape. We have
supported the trial of 6 dog races with scheduling on Sky Racing and looking forward to seeing how
participants and punters respond to G-SIX racing.”
GRSA Chairman Grantley Stevens is just one of those expecting big things from the introduction of the
concept. “In this instance, less really does amount to more. The G-SIX initiative will allow us to run
more race meetings and more races on each card. Participants will race for the same stakes, but more
often, and wagering clients will be offered more choice” he observed. “South Australia is a proud
innovator and one which believes in pushing the boundaries as a driver of positive change.”

Not many dogs should be missing out, I think it’s more a ploy to have to stop extending nominations

by Groover
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From May 2, Greyhound Racing SA (GRSA) will commence a trial of G-SIX racing at Angle Park, Gawler
and Mount Gambier. As the names suggests, G-SIX racing involves six-dog fields being drawn as the
norm for those venues through until the end of July.
The G-SIX form of racing mirrors the traditional approach at English tracks but with the additional
appeal of dogs being more generously spaced at box-rise. In a constantly evolving market, and having
regard for different wagering client needs, this change reflects a willingness by GRSA to challenge
traditional thinking and explore new approaches to the delivery of its racing product.
This innovation is expected to drive a number of immediate benefits for the sport in South Australia:
- Maximising the racing opportunity for trainers and breeders in each of the key TAB-track
regions of South Australia
- Driving up participant returns by the equivalent of more than $1 million annually
- Cleaner racing with less interference
- Scheduling of two weekly meetings at all South Australian TAB venues
How G-SIX racing works:
- Maximum of 6 dogs in each race
- Vacancies in the ‘3’ and ‘6’ alleys
- The 6 dogs will utilise the rug colour which correlates to their box draw – ie red, black/white
stripes, blue, yellow, black, pink
- The two reserves will be numbered 9 and 10 and carry the standard rug colours for reserves
The trial format has been made possible with the assistance of Tabcorp working with GRSA. Tabcorp
General Manager of Wagering, VIC, TAS, SA, NT, Trevor Parkes said: “GRSA is a key partner of TAB and
greyhound racing is an exciting sport within the Australian entertainment landscape. We have
supported the trial of 6 dog races with scheduling on Sky Racing and looking forward to seeing how
participants and punters respond to G-SIX racing.”
GRSA Chairman Grantley Stevens is just one of those expecting big things from the introduction of the
concept. “In this instance, less really does amount to more. The G-SIX initiative will allow us to run
more race meetings and more races on each card. Participants will race for the same stakes, but more
often, and wagering clients will be offered more choice” he observed. “South Australia is a proud
innovator and one which believes in pushing the boundaries as a driver of positive change.”

Not many dogs should be missing out, I think it’s more a ploy to have to stop extending nominations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk It is to combat low noms.
But they are still going to have reserves. It makes no sense.
They should give every dog nommed a start.

Yeah reserves for this are a negative to this concept, I can only assume that they don’t want to draw 6 dog fields and then have 2 or 3 scratchings leaving basically nothing.

IMO should have stuck with current day format, and just drawn small fields to make up 12 races if the nominations were low.

by Groover
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Groover"]Miss Bellawood is fronting up again at Sandown on Sunday R1 box 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well they are in good hands in Vic!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Silk worm 4th last night at Gawler
Mister harlewood has drawn R1 box 1 @ meadows Thursday, should be a very good chance
Miss breakout is in again Thursday at angle park R3 box 7, goes close if gets clear run
And miss takiri will be making her debut at Gawler on Friday R1 box 6, will be watching her with interest, she trialled 23.30 first look 2 weeks ago

by Groover
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can finally get in after the event

Papa ran a handy 3rd at MB.

Now off to Gawler friday week for heats/final series over 400m

Slingshot Storm
Ran at Shep. The boy gets worked up in the kennels and runs his race before hitting the track.
Jumped good, thought we could run 2nd on turn but he tires halfway up straight as the fatigue of playing up sets in.
1st/2nd splits were quick though.

Good for guiseppe to get some form up, hopefully that can continue for ya [emoji106]

by Groover
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Groover"][quote="Groover"]Miss Bellawood is fronting up again at Sandown on Sunday R1 box 2

Mister harlewood has drawn R1 box 1 @ meadows Thursday, should be a very good chance
Miss breakout is in again Thursday at angle park R3 box 7, goes close if gets clear run
And miss takiri will be making her debut at Gawler on Friday R1 box 6, will be watching her with interest, she trialled 23.30 first look 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

MH 2nd In slick time at meadows (drawn box 2 for final next Saturday)
MB 4th in best on the night, not a bad run just couldn’t get around the ones in front of her
MT 2nd in a very fast run for maidens, makes final against same field next week

Miss Bellawood is in tomorrow at the meadows R1 box 3, needs to jump and get some luck as the inside 2 are very strong, place bet only imo

by Groover
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Groover"][quote="mighty_tiger_79"][quote="Groover"][quote="Groover"]Miss Bellawood is fronting up again at Sandown on Sunday R1 box 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

MH 2nd In slick time at meadows (drawn box 2 for final next Saturday)
MB 4th in best on the night, not a bad run just couldn’t get around the ones in front of her
MT 2nd in a very fast run for maidens, makes final against same field next week

Miss Bellawood is in tomorrow at the meadows R1 box 3, needs to jump and get some luck as the inside 2 are very strong, place bet only imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]MB just didn't jump as well as it needed too.
The 2 in that race, ex Tassie dog had trialled twice. 4.57/4.60 & 29.78/29.80
But its a fighter.
They backed it in from $11 based on trial times.

Based on those times I can see why it got backed in. Did nothing in a field though...

by Groover
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloody Hell. Owned by the former leader of the ALP! Lol, not quite! He runs a syndicate that I'm involved in. Good lad.
He did ask if I wanted in on this. But with G6 approaching next week, I want to see how the trial goes before committing to anymore runners here.

G6 will help this dog, he’s very strong and smaller fields will give him space to use his strength. Depending on how much they are asking for I’d say he has a lot of upside.
Trainers wouldn’t be silly to target the small fields of the 731mtrs at angle park with him either

by Groover
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloody Hell. Owned by the former leader of the ALP! Lol, not quite! He runs a syndicate that I'm involved in. Good lad.
He did ask if I wanted in on this. But with G6 approaching next week, I want to see how the trial goes before committing to anymore runners here.

G6 will help this dog, he’s very strong and smaller fields will give him space to use his strength. Depending on how much they are asking for I’d say he has a lot of upside.
Trainers wouldn’t be silly to target the small fields of the 731mtrs at angle park with him either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Mark got the dog and asked if I wanted in.
Its initial asking price on G Data was $7k.
I had it about a $3k dog.
I think the 600m are a target.
Looks a good race for it tonight. But I was hoping it would be double those odds.

Yeah I think 7k for anything in SA that’s staying here is a bit steep, unless it’s a proven performer, as we just don’t have the prize money here to get that back efficiently enough.
You probably made the right call, still will be handy though.

by Groover
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Papa drawn box 2 on friday in heats over 400m.
The 8 is an ex NSW, so im trying to get some trial info.
On paper we look solid top 3 hope

Pretty strong field, should get some decent odds, hope he gets up for ya!

by Groover
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |