Re: Look-a-likes

A chicken

Greame Swann

by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Apparently you gotta kick it in the guts if it starts rooting other dogs infront of people.
by HH3
Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

a recent study has found that women with large backsides live longer than the men who mention it.
by Strawb
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

whufc wrote:Did I hear correctly that its not a record showdown crowd

Lowest ever crowd for a Showdown at Adelaide Oval
by mal
Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

lol to the scum when we lost 3-2 to stoke and them saying "you lost to a pub side"
by Bully
Sun May 10, 2015 5:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confirmed Transfers - 2015/2016 EPL Season

but can he do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?
by jakovasaurus
Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

MW wrote:I didnt say anything about Lynch, just find it hilarious that anyone would remotely believe what is printed in that rag

Unless it makes it on to Facebook it's nothing but heresay.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WHUFC and Nuggety would both buy their pants from the kids' section, surely...
by Dogwatcher
Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

JK wrote:It was an Allens snake - Pretty sure I ate it before I made the post, but I figure they are pretty durable anyway

Well then, I could've dropped it, posted, then ate it....................if it was red of course, the green one may have been put back in the bag.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Penultimate Round - Round 22

Fremantle clear on top so do as they please but they've done the right thing as a matter of courtesy and they have asked the AFL where they stand.

Either way, 6-8 older Dockers won't travel, even if they get some "general soreness". They have the right to do as they like in this last round, they've earned the right to manage their playing group.
by Booney
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nuggety goodness wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Tipping Geelong. In front by 1 tip with 3 blokes all behind me. Hopefully they all picked the Crows

Bet you didnt pick Brisbane![/quote

Bet they didn't either ;-)
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

My 6 year old on entry to globe derby.

Baylee- "Dad this is really nice dad"

Me- 'What nice darling'

Baylee- "They have horse racing for disabled people"

Me- hmmmmmmmmm
by whufc
Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My youngest, who will be five in a week, had been in bed an hour last night, then comes out to us crying.
"What's the matter, Sweetie?"
"I don't want to get old, I'm scared of it."

Midlife crisis hits early these days. Haven't even had mine yet.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolute worst was at the Victor Harbor public toilets. I'd taken my son, then three, into the women's with me. One of the cubicles was occupied. My son asked quite loudly, 'Mummy, is that lady doing a wee or is she doing a poo?' I muttered that I didn't know, whereupon he bellowed ' I think she's doing a POO!' I picked him up and legged it before the woman came out.

We were walking past the cemetery at Pt Vincent when my youngest pointed at it and yelled out 'Look! That's where the zombie holes are!' :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of this...

85oxhPlKqXU
by Failed Creation
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

This note from a parent this morning, and the plenty of others like it:

'Can you please excuse ....... from any oral presentations today as she ate a packet of chips last night and has an extremely sore throat today".

Wow.
I trust this student will be graded 'D' or less, and a comment about non-participation in class activity will be made on the report card?

I've been told by my mother in law, who has been teaching for a very long time, that they are not allowed to write anything negative on report cards anymore. She's not happy about it.

She's also being pressured to give a kid an A, that she doesn't think deserves one.
One of the big issues is that during school years we seem to reward mediocrity. The system it seems would have us all tell someone good job for trying hard even if your not even close rather than addressing the issue at hand.

This is literally a parent allowing a student to get out of an assessment task because said student may find it a bit intimidating, scary, or perhaps out of her comfort zone. How the parent expects the child to improve any skills without having to develop and apply a bit of resilience, I have no idea.

The student is doing it tomorrow, on the last day of term, although said student (and parent) doesn't know it yet.
by Pag
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 3 - Preliminary final week

nuggety goodness wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:Bit worried about North, have a feeling it is going to be very very close to an all time record belting

That's better...

Nah NG, we won't give them a record belting - it'll be close...
by Spargo
Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Wedgie wrote:Not that it means anything of note but an interesting titbit in that Spurs have now supplies the most English national players (74) out of all clubs.

And people wonder why the English national side are a laughing stock ;)
by Jim05
Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Stoke are playing like Barcelona.... [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]
by Jase
Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Ever wondered whether there was a canteen somewhere inside the Death Star?

Wonder no more...

by Magellan
Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Mum bought Mrs. Valleys and I a voucher to the Lakes Hotel.
In-laws bought us ticketek vouchers and gave us a bit of cash
Also got the Chris Judd bio from my KK.

Junior valleys got spoilt rotten, seeing him open all of his presents, and the joy on his face outweighed anything I received.
by valleys07
Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - discussion

hope we don't get flogged*

*(on repeat till Rd 23 2018)
by gadj1976
Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:tipping Melbourne and for that matter North melbourne feels dicey to me. But thats what I have done

North have played in the last 2 prelims. Not dicey at all.

If only you could hang your hat on losing prelims, I would be a much happier crows fan

North are easily the worst team in the 8.
by Spargo
Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day 2016

cennals05 wrote: Unless of course you were a perfect child who never once threw a tanti in public.

Far from a perfect child - in fact probably the opposite, but never chucked a tanti in public.. because I would've got a boot straight up my backside quick smart :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8, mate.

#freekickcrows
by Jim05
Fri May 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Patrick Dangerfield leaving Adelaide on Sunday

by cracka
Mon May 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

I thought Norths draw was rated as the hardest...not judging by your first 8 opponents
Sydney to come twice, Hawthorn twice, West Coast in Perth, Adelaide away, Geelong, Bulldogs again, GWS also.

Could miss the 8, that would be horrific.
Lose those 9 games and they will. Also 2 other tricky ones with Port and Richmond, not beyond those 2 if they are up and about at the time
You missed the St.Kilda, Collingwood & Carlton games...
We'll probably lose our last 14.
by Spargo
Tue May 17, 2016 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

daysofourlives wrote:Why are the umpires in Richmond Guernseys?

they left their Hawks guernseys at home....
by mighty_tiger_79
Sat May 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arnott's "new and improved" shapes.

Some of my favourite snacks are now ruined.

What a load of shit.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue May 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Womens Teams Announced

Could be a lifeline for Travis Cloke and Daisy Thomas.
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Hate Port v Hawthorn matches. Barracking for Port Adelaide goes against everything I believe in.

regards,

REB

#youareportadelaide

#iamgeelongandanyonewhoplayshawthorn

:)
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

saintal wrote:Also, hope Eberts ok. Very nasty.

Instant coughing up blood looked nasty. Hope he's ok
by MW
Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

nuggety goodness wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
JK wrote:Mills will be close to Rising Star favourite by next week.

Staggering how he hasn't been nominated yet

Spot the difference...

Bruce into Cyril
WUB into Mills

[emoji6]

Difference is I will admit it :)

Delicious
by woodublieve12
Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Euros 2016

I can handle Portugal winning if Ronnie had nothing to do with it.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

So let me get this right all of the swans success or longevity of continually playing finals is only because of cola??? Nothing to do with good list management, solid work at the draft by getting quality with late picks, picking up players from other clubs who struggled and in turn turned into quality for us (Kennedy, Richards and Mumford just to name 3)?

Yep. Same with the Hawks and their bulltish flags. The Lions only won because of the merger and their brand of COLA and the Cats only won because of the Father-Son rule and because the weapon worked there. The Eagles only won their flag because of the fizz. No such thing as a legitimate premiership ha ha.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

woodublieve12 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Is CEY out of contract at then end of the year?

Free up some space for him?

COLA

Swans were keen on him last year... Being wasted at the crows

Will swap him for either Hannebery, Mitchell, Kennedy, Heeney, Parker or Kieren Jack. Seems a fair trade to me. :D
by cracka
Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Volta vinte e um ( Round 21 )

Up the Isotopes!!!!!
by Jim05
Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

Bolt taking the piss in the 200m
by Jim05
Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

C'mon, Jim, don't make it that easy for us, you Bomber supporter, you ;)
by Dogwatcher
Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Should have made Cyril cakes, they're delicious!
by Wedgie
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 3 LIVE Scores

12.5 SCORING GOAL OR BEHIND AFTER PLAY HAS ENDED

12.5.1 Goal or Behind Recorded in Certain Circumstances
Even though play has come to an end, a Goal or Behind shall be recorded for a Team if:

(a) the Goal or Behind is scored by a Player from a Free Kick or Mark
which was awarded to the Player before play came to an end; or
(b) the Goal or Behind was scored by a Player who disposed of the football before play came to an end; or
(c) the Goal or Behind is scored by a Player who was awarded a Free Kick under Law 12.6.

12.5.2 Football Touched in Transit
A Behind shall still be recorded under Law 12.5.1 if the football is touched in transit by another Player, provided the field Umpire is satisfied that the scoring of the Behind was not assisted by a Player from the same Team.
by RB
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Hi guys, have decided to take the plunge and go along to the GF. However, if there is anyone who would be willing to swap a seated ticket for my standing room one, I am very happy to pay the difference plus a fair margin. Hoping it is okay for me to say that on here!
Cheers

Hi mate,

Check out BigFooty via this link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/grand-final-tickets-official-bulldogs-bigfooty-buy-swap-sell-thread-please-read-and-post-in-this.1146759/

There is an entire thread dedicated to buying/swapping or selling of GF tickets in the WB board.

Create an account (if you haven't got one already) and you might find someone in there willing to swap.

Great to hear you have made the decision to go. Having never been to a GF, I would give almost anything to be in your shoes this weekend, watching my team play off for the flag.

Enjoy, and good luck with the swap.

Valleys.
Thanks for that, and to all here for the help and advice you have given me, truly appreciated.
Cheers
Doggies Premiership at the 'G, here we come!!
by bulldogproud
Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I love is how the Bulldogs are everyone's second favourite team today and the football romantic in us all wanted them to win

Fast forward to 2020 Bulldogs into fourth GF in a row and watch everyone rag on them lol
by whufc
Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus you guys are a bunch of grumps. Two years ago they were a basket case and bob has obviously played a huge part in helping turn it around, just look at the way the players get around him. He deserves credit along with beveridge for creating an indredible atmosphere and culture at the club. His off field work has been much more important then on the field.
by batmanbegins
Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The handing out of medals in the final analysis means pretty much **** all, apart from a ceremonious bit of post-match nonsense. No one plays to get a medal, you play to win that trophy and flag. Everyone knows Beveridge was the premiership coach, and none of the payers, club people and supporters need to reference a medal to know who the winning 22 players were. They are all immortalised, as is every premiership side (although this one has a special claim).

Murphy knows he didn't play, and Beveridge's medal won't change that. Murphy might give it back, and probably will, but for the reasons above Beveridge probably doesn't give a shit. In a footy achievement sense, some AFL-minted jewellery means nothing. But it was the symbolism of giving something up in such a public manner that demonstrated how the club feels about Murphy as a person and long-term contributor, and in their view, all round top bloke. He deserved something out of yesterday's win, some recognition, and the medal gesture was one way of achieving it.

All in all, the main thing was for Beveridge to invite Murphy up onto the stage to accept the cup. He did, and it was the right thing to do.
by Magellan
Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |