Search found 855 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Mitch Thorp should dominate in the SANFL with the Tigers, he is avery good player...

What is the salary cap in the SANFL at the moment? I assume Glenelg would be paying these guys between 30-35k each, so between Joseph, Thorp, Lonergan, Stark thats probably $130 - $140k.

Mitch Thorp is taking on a playing/coaching role, so I would think his coaching payments are outside the cap.

Nope. If coach is playing all football related salary counts against the cap.

Wowee, salary cap advice from a Redleg :shock:
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Ok, I will play devil's advocate here. Is anyone taking the positive view that this coming season will be the first time Glenelg, Central, North, West, South, Sturt, Eagles, and Norwood will play each other without AFL listed players since 1991? It is club versus club back to its purest form. Be kind.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multi bets

Spargo wrote:
beeroclock wrote:How you going with these Spargs?

Like a busted arse!
Having said that, if I can get the 2 horse legs up, I reckon the others will go pretty close this weekend.

Two legs up is a good weekend for a lot of people.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I think I can sum it up this way
From the people I've talked to about Port Reserves being 1870-2013 or 1870-2014+

NON PORT BARRACKERS
About 95% say Port Reserves is a new team in the SANFL

PORT BARRACKERS
About 50% say Port 2014 are still Port Adelaide 1870+

I say its a new team
All past records from 1870-2013 should be put in the archives

Just one more observation
Crows barrackers accept that the Crows reserves is the Crows reserve team in the SANFL
Why don't Port barrackers ?

Well what else could they be ?

The Power isn't just a idea concocted in Max Basheer's pool room. They are a push from the most successful SA football club to expand into the highest comp in the land (crows fans can thank them for that) to say they should abort their history is garbage. Magpies, Power, Wharfies, Scumbags or whatever the nickname they are all products of the PAFC and it's history. Call it Power reserves if you want, it's still the PAFC.

Just like the the Crows reserves are still the AFC.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Just about to board my flight for Cambodia. Only away for a week but should be awesome.
enjoy mate, my dad and step mum were there for 10 days... Thought it was to long there. so i'm intrigued to see what you think

Had a great time away. Could have done longer than 5 nights, only had 1 day in Siem Reap and the rest in Phnom Penh. Food was good, weather hot, beer cheap and cold, locals very friendly. Some of the most intense traffic I have encountered.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Port will finish 4th, danger of straight sets. Just my opinion. Don't think they can go another level which is vital towards the end of the year.

Probably a fair assessment there.

We lack KPP depth which is what the top 3 sides in Sydney, Fremantle and Hawthorn have in abundance.

Until of course when those 3 team sget their fair share(of injuries) and those below regain their top liners.

Different ballgame then.

Dont chuck in the towel just yet Port fans

Yep, Port haven't been settled for several weeks, since Polec went down against Hawthorn we've had Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi, Impey and now Trengove and Carlile miss some time.

I'd rather this little run of bad luck and niggling little injuries be in round 15 when we are second on the ladder and not in a semi-final.

Don't under estimate Cassisi missing from our back half, he is the general down there and free's up Broadbent and Hartlett to set up the play.

Essendon (H), Richmond (A), Melbourne (H) all very winnable and loseable games in the next three weeks for Port.

Will be interesting to see how we structure up in the back half in coming weeks.

A genuine top 4 side would not drop games against Richmond or Melbourne.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best restaurant in Adelaide

Failed Creation wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
Gozu wrote:Fine dining with sophisticated clientele? The Pancake Kitchen. at 4am on a Sunday

edited to make it better! ;)

Stockman's Brekky, all the way!

I am a German Feast man.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Cameron looks to be leaving

Yeah going to the Crows :roll:
For B.Crouch ;)

There would be one we would certainly trade for crouch haha.

Highly doubt he comes to the crows but I'm sure we will he trying. Apparently we still have a bit of cash there that was going to Tippett, but I guess we will still need to save for keeping danger next year

Both will probably end up at Sydney.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Red Rocket wrote:Crows officials are really concerned now, Eddie has been missing since 7:30 last night.
Maybe the club can name the pocket after some other overated player or think of another wanky gimmick

Maybe he is with Bennymacca who also appears to be missing?
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Hawthorn

i do find it amusing how people ay we bought our flags... No bitching back in 2012 when we had the exact same budget...
No top 10 draft picks in the past decade, and only got two key players (big name) in that time. We've recycled other clubs slops and turned them into good footballers. Richards, Mcglynn and Kennedy.
Blooded some really good talent...

Alastair Lynch wrote a good article about it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/alastair-lynch-sydney-has-built-great-afl-superpower-through-elite-culture-and-strong-staff/story-fnp04d6z-1227065138730?nk=82439631aa2910d765f6f9ced20aa546

That is where you lost me.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale Robbie Flower

Whenever the conversation of "best players to never win a flag" comes up, Robbie Flower's name is always front and centre. Silky skills, lion hearted determination, and an ability to lift and lead his team mates when needed. Very sad news. A true champion of our game.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-15/speedster-stanley-a-cat

Stanley a Cat.

Cats get Stanley and pick 60 for pick 21.

I happy with this trade Stanley is a decent player when on but i like the look of spencer white and Tom Lee when he finally gets going, also if we pick up Membery which should hopefully happen in the 24 hours, then id reckon they would all pass him in the pecking order.

I hope we dont trade out pick 1 like all the reports are saying.

what are the swans getting for this and is it a certaintity?

Ryder and Dangerfield.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

Coach Bombay wrote:hopefully carlton dont play any firday night games/minimal free to air games.

They had their turn last year

As opposed to the crows being on free to air every single week?
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Spargo wrote:
HH3 wrote:But if I get a fleshlight (tm), its weird...

Isn't that what you do to oncoming traffic when there's a radar on the other side of the road?

I hope to God I am never a part of said oncoming traffic.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Meanwhile, back at the cafe....

guy smiley.JPG
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Not getting any sort of acknowledgement when letting someone into traffic. That really grinds my gears.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Booney wrote:Getting 3 wisdom teeth out in the chair this Friday.....

At least it will take your mind off your broken toe.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

And so it begins - the fixturing whingefest is upon us :((
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

I moved house about 3 weeks ago and stumbled across a box of items that I never unpacked from my previous move (5 years earlier!) I found a few cd's that I have been playing endlessly for a few days now. Bands include Pollyanna, Jebediah, Magic Dirt, Hoss. It was like finding a 90's Australian Rock time capsule.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What have you heard Rusty?
Building being refurbished, looks like bar moving to ground floor. Adelaide Uni ignoring questions about the status of live music in the future but happy to answer anything else
The bar was opened when I was still at Uni, I think, but I've never been in it.
(The Bot was more convenient for Med students.)

Spent more time in there than in lecture theatres ...

I was enrolled at Flinders but spent more time in the Adelaide Uni Bar. Last time I was there I saw Tumbleweed rip it to shreds :supz:
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Compared to teams like the Hawks who were missing up to a dozen of their best at the same time id say Port's injuries were not that bad

Hawthorn had a very bad run no questioning that. But to say Port didn't have is just ridiculous. Only having 1 ruck men available for majority of the year, missing our 2 key defenders and missing some of our best midfielders all at the same time, if that's not bad I'd hate to see what extremely bad is to you then.

Games played including finals in brackets :

Ebert (25)
Gray (25)
Cornes (25)
Wines (25)
Westhoff (25)
Schulz (25)
Broadbent (25)
Pittard (25)
Boak (24)
Lobbe (24)
Wingard (24)
Polec (24)
Hombsch (24)
Jonas (22)
Hartlett (22)
White (22)
Trengove (20)
Carlile (20)

Who's being ridiculous?
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Homer smrt.JPG
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Johno6 wrote:I didn't mind the mother, but ive only ever had one
but vee is easily the worst of the lot

ive only had the sugar free ones tho

except for before I was diabetic having jager bombs

After a boozy session at the old Pier and Pines in the Grand I would head up to Horizons for some mother cans....
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Spargo wrote:We have an addition to the safooty family.
I'll let Dad do the honours when he has a moment......

Not much gets past you Spargo. The early hours of this morning ushered in a beautiful baby girl. GFC memberships have risen by one.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

bennymacca wrote:why would you even bother watching it? did you really think it would be good? haha

Had the wife's family from interstate staying with us and her 18 year old brother had the remote. I sat through one out of courtesy. Even beer didn't make it any better.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL SANFL Football Footage Collection

What's it like playing in a GF and losing....

Hard to watch, but i'd rather be there then not..

what's it like not watching your side not play in a grand final since 1998? What's it like to watch your side lose two prelims to west coast? whats it like to watch your side not make the 8 more times then not in the last 5 years? whats it like to see your club cheat of the field?

:D

Wow, struck a nerve there.... :lol:

Sydney 5 flags in 116 years, 4.3%. Longest drought 72 years

Adelaide 2 flags in 24 years, 8.3%. Longest drought 16 years

Just as I suspected, Crows are twice as good as Sydney. ;)

Your recent success has been built around an inflated salary cap and after the last effects of COLA are gone, so to will your beloved side be.

South Melbourne also won 2 flags in their first 24 years, and their longest drought in that time was 12 years.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Auckland 9's for SANFL??

Watching Auckland 9's as first hit out of the NRL season

Could we create something similar in SANFL?.

Have a lightning carnival before the trial games. ie early March

Something to focus attention on the league

Have it say at AAMI Stadium and Max Basheer ... just the 8 solo SANFL clubs ... twopools of 4

3 minor games say each 10 minute halves

Top 2 play a final .... 13 games in total, run over a 4 hour period.

Chance for fans to see their recruits in a hit out, clubs to sell some membership & merchandise

Thoughts?

What about :

Have it say at Elizabeth, The Bay, Prospect, Norwood, Noarlunga, Unley, Richmond and Woodville ... just the 8 SANFL clubs ... one table of 8

21 minor games say each 20 minute quarters

Top 5 play finals .... 88 games in total, run over a 6 month period.

Chance for fans to see their recruits and favourites, clubs to sell memberships & merchandise each week.

Thoughts?
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenn BIG show Maxwell

mal wrote:Globe Derby
Saturday
7/2/15
R8-8
The BIG show

They are now naming horses after the great one
Having its first run

There is only 1 Big Show.

Original Big Show.JPG
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Fox Footy are currently showing replays of what they title "close encounters". Right now is the prelim from last year between hawthorn and port. Next is the elimination final between port and richmond......
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Afghan beat Scotland by one wicket in the last over of the game

That was a classic!
Only saw the final 6 overs but what a ripper. And to think the ICC wants to cut the number of teams for the next WC

I am happy for the same amount of teams to be included, what they need to cut is the length of the tournament. No more than 4 or 5 day breaks are required and the whole thing can be wrapped up inside a month.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

2 out of 3 Booney, the heart's fine. I reckon it was $21.00. I did seem to be a bit short of breath for a day or 2.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Rising Power wrote:
heater31 wrote:The Cows are sponsored by CUB are they not??

As are Port Adelaide.

And Norwood by Coopers.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rushed behinds in AFL

No, overs are the standard goal, unders are like Super goals, if you wanna look at that scoring system.

You would only go for unders in one on one contests with the goalie. Any other time, you aim for an over. Which makes it not like a point in AFL, which is considered a miss.

If what you are suggesting was even discussed by anyone involved with running the AFL, i would never watch a game again.

There is no problem with the current scoring system. Even if there was, do you think they wouldn't find another "problem" to "fix" just so there was a job for someones mate who has nothing to do after finishing playing/coaching.

These discussions (even hypothetical ones) annoy the shit out of me.

Why compare this sport to other sports? They are not related to each other and dont need to function the same way. If you wanna play a sport where an own goal counts as a full score, watch/play soccer.

your life must be very boring if you cant even discuss some random hypothetical without acting like a tool about it.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a tool.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I watched the final David Letterman show the other night. I am not really a talk show kind of person, but this guy always had my attention. I was lucky enough to attend one of his shows a couple of years back and it was a great experience. His finale the other night was fitting, and the Foo Fighters closed it out in style.

Thank you Dave.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat May 23, 2015 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dean Jones makes Ambrose take off sweatbands

I regard Curtly as the most lethal of any of them, he just wasn't as angry.....................most of the time.

So do I probably, but geez Marshall was quick .. Croft, Roberts , Holding, Garner, Davis, Walsh bloody hell so many to choose from.

As a kid I always thought Garner was the one, but the memories of the sheer devastation Curtley caused are fresher.

I was lucky enough to meet the great Andy Roberts on day 1 of the final test in Antigua in 1999. A very humble man who loved talking about cricket. He stepped behind the bar we were positioned at and proceeded to pour our rums for about half an hour. We also had a chat to Richie Richardson and the great Sir Viv during that particular test match. Another highlight was a brief chat to the 'Supercat' at a club on a beach after the nail biting 3rd test in Barbados.

One of the best test series of cricket I have ever seen.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 stuff

Eddie McGuire was outstanding yesterday, that game was easily the most exciting vision all year and his commentary and adrenaline made it that way

Last nights port game in comparison was dead shit dull & boring, it sounded like a morgue, or a bunch of nuns commentating a mouse race in a library

10 out of 10 for eddie

You are fking kidding right? The single most biased call in the history of the game. It was a disgrace.

Incorrect. The most biased call in the history of the game happens every week on FiveAA.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:People that drive into petrol stations the wrong way.

Eh? In through the exit?

Yep, and thus have their vehicle pointing in the opposite direction to the other 98% of re-fuellers.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Seeing a baker from the bakery at seaford shopping centre take a piss in the island garden beds in carpark when they have access to the centres toilets.....

Should have "rolled" him.....

;)

Did you see their buns?
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:He's overseas that much, that collecting his mail & putting his bins out is now a part time job...

You can fill up the green bin before putting it out if you like?
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

Get there early Wild Dog to take advantage of the premium parking.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

If trolling is a trait
and he aint your mate
and his posts aren't that great
i give you holden78 8)
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Just got home from work and Mrs Pirate headed out for dinner with the girls. Sitting in front of the TV about to give Junior her first Ashes tutorial.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

I heard something similar while having coffee at Cibo on the Parade.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

John Fidge?
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Id have Roughy over Buddy

If I were picking a team from all available players he would be my first pick. Most valuable player in the league.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

All of a sudden this thread is stationery.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 stuff

How many members between the clubs? 110k? To get 27k is embarrassing for both Carlton and hawthorn. If the crows or even power got that sort of crowd against Carlton questions would be asked, so why doesn't it matter when two Melbourne clubs do it, especially two of the bigger ones?

If the crows were travelling like Carlton then their crowds would be down too. And I dare say the full house down the road would've been more appealing. You shouldn't compare a 2 team town with a 9 team town either.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |