Search found 860 matches

Return

Re: Worst AFL media person..

She fills the void that Sandra Sully left behind.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga

Groucho wrote:Well done SANFL programming u18 game straight after League game , made Central wait out on the ground in the cold while Glenelg u18 came through the player's race to enter the ground. Serves them right for losing I suppose. :roll:

Gee, I hope nobody caught a sniffle.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

No, happy for it to be commemorated, but tone it down a touch and focus more on the important win they need

I am sure the players and coaching staff are concentrating on the game. Everything else the club are doing to mark the occasion is peripheral to their preparation.

What about when Eddie Betts played his 200th? It was only his 16th game for the Crows but everyone was given yellow T-shirts to mark the occasion. The Crows lost that game so I guess they weren't focussed on the game as much as yellow T-shirts.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

think boomer should have ran and olympic torch through the suburbs of melbourne

or wait no, bartlett runs it to tucks house, passes on to tuck, he runs it to boomer, boomer runs in to the stadium just before the game wearing tucks long sleeves and the flame comes in and stkilda piss all over it :D

Or use it to ignite a midget.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just quietly....isnt Pavlich playing game 350.

That's massive as well. Jumping on a plane every second week. I can't believe people are so focused on the peripherals. We won't see another round like this for a long time, perhaps ever. Even Boomer should get a bit of love this week. For a runt to break the all time league record when most players these days are 190 and quick with it is absolutely massive. North have never been a favourite of mine but I hope they have a big win for the little champ because that is what he is.

As for Pav an absolute freak. He has BEEN Fremantle, the best player in the club's history. Durable, dependable and just bloody good. Perhaps one of the best SA players to play the game I believe he is incredibly underrated even by many South Australians because he plays in the West. Imagine the hype over Pavlich in Adelaide if he was a Blackbird? They would have renamed a suburb for him...say Alberton ha ha.

I'll also get in with my Boris and Bartel tribute before daisy does. Boris Enright, if I can recall was actually a Port prospect at some stage. I think he might have had a run around with the Magpie Juniors at some stage. I reckon he's the most dependable defender I have seen over a long period since the great Bruce Doull. After 327 games I reckon you can count the bad ones on one hand and about three of them were last year. The recruitment of Henderson and the evolution of Koladajshni (I'll never learn how to spell that) has rejuvenated a career that looked like it was stalling. Last year the Catters put in a stinker for Boris' 300th so I'm pretty sure we won't tonight. As for Bartel too small, too slow, too bloody good. A lot of non-Cat fans can be a bit dismissive of Bartel as he isn't flashy as Ablett, explosive as Chapman or as unstoppable as Scarlett but Bartel is right up there with the best Cats of our era. The big thing about Jimmy is just how well he marks the football. This is why he has bobbed up all over the ground even though most Cat fans would prefer not to see Jimmy in the backline, especially at the moment. Bartel has an excellent football brain and a penatrating kick and is also good at ground level.

There should plenty of great moments in Footy this week to distract us from the inevitable batting collapse against the Sri Lankan spinners on the weekend.

regards,

REB

I have always rated Bartel very highly. He will join Simon Black in the 300 game, Brownlow winner, and Norm Smith winner club. Very exclusive.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Test Tour - Sri Lanka 2016

Starc just brilliant. Best bowling effort by an Aussie against this mob, and also the best ever at the venue.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R21 - WWT Eagles v Glenelg @ Woody

Yet the only report I can see from the game is James Boyd for striking.

Thugs indeed.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can Rory Sloane play 1st final for the Ravens?

beef wrote:Cant think of any reason why they would select him. They will just flog him at training, no point risking an injury

I know he's popular, but they might be better off getting him to do some running and skills work.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Blues currently 6 wins 5 losses, just looking at their remaining matches as which ones might be winnable and how many games they might win for the year....

saints *
giants (away)
magpies *
crows
eagles
swans (away)
hawks
saints *
lions (away) *
demons *
bombers *

i think they should be favourites to win 6 of these

LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
LOSS
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Flood Pants.jpg

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse.jpg
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Looks like ex on the beach or similar from what I can see. Doesn't bother me as I've got the chicken sticks sizzling along and the pork mignons ready to go on. Oh, my beer glass seems to have a hole in it too.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

I wonder how many of the crowserves will be withdrawn for season ending surgery if the Kangaroos were to get up on Saturday night?
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think I need a new Korea

What about a professional punter? You get Tibet all day long.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

I love the contests.

The game is looking more like soccer these days. Pass it back, then across, then hold it, then back across, then a long ball maybe. It is all very safe and bruise free with no real risks being taken.

This is not all games that are played, but certainly happens in a lot.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Marriage equality.

inside word wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:So "minority groups" should be discriminated against?

yes.

Is it easy to type and read your screen whilst wearing your white hood?
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

daysofourlives wrote:Massive Wanker still have something stuck in his throat?

I think I found him.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re:

Yeah it has helped Geelong st hawthorn who were at the top at the right time. Of course they are well ran but teams like Carlton and Brisbane would otherwise have 3 or 4 more top 10 picks on their lists each. Which would make a massive difference.

Also Kevin Speedy :)

Port were F***ed when the expansion teams were first given their concessions and they turned around to be within a kick of a GF. The Bulldogs might have been aswell (not sure when they started stockpiling their talent?) The theme of what Sheedy has said there isn't inaccurate and has some merit. The likes of Carlton and Richmond have made some lousy calls since then.

Melbourne, St Kilda and The Dogs obviously all appear to be on the way up through improved drafting and trading.

And coaching.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penultimate Weekend Ponderings and Pontifications

Dutchy wrote:The have emergency goal umpires? :shock:

Maybe in case someone does as Carey suggests?
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

The tornado warning has been upgraded to a Sharknado warning.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We lit a heap of tea light candles , used the gas stove to cook dinner, the family then had our nightly game of UNO Deluxe (which I won) we all then had our head torches on reading books and chatting... the boys went to bed at 8:30 and 8:45 the lights came back on...

The only issue we had was you couldn't easily tell the difference between the blue and green UNO cards... Not sure how we survived

I went the tea candle option too. It was hilarious watching my nearly 2 year old daughter running around the house and singing Happy Birthday to all the candles and trying to blow them out.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Magellan wrote:Apparently when the publisher told McDermott that the book had to be ghost-written, he replied he didn't believe in the afterlife.

I heard he got upset because he didn't want to work with Jim Jess.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2016/2017

HH3 wrote:Yeah I did!

Cinci.JPG

But still sitting second for the round?

I guess another genius on a higher total score nailed the result and margin too 8)
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

RustyCage wrote:Trying to work out what's worse, the sleeves or that big "G" on the front

What a pity Dennis has retired from commentary. When a Geelong player takes a chest mark I can hear him saying "it hit him right on the G spot".
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

I see now that Beveridge has given the medal to the Bulldogs museum to display...fair dinkum this is getting out of hand.
People tend to forget how this guy treated a young player at the end of last year and ran him out of the club

The only thing that matters is what the Bulldogs think. It's their club, they can display whatever the hell they like. Is Beveridge's medal the property of the Australian public? No, it's not. It is his to do what he chooses. Some of you blokes need to get a new hobby as this is serious mountain out of a molehill stuff.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hurricane Matthew in the Caribbean looking ominous. Many locals fearing the skull appearance is a deadly omen.

Hurricane Matthew.jpg
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Possibly. Might be better numbers tomorrow. Today might take a few by surprise given the recent inclement conditions; more prep time may be required.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Me and the Mrs alternate cars every day because we have a single car width driveway, so every two days Im driving a Fiesta with a flamingo sticker on the back window.

The amount of people that try to bully me is ridiculous. They back off a little bit once they see the manly beard though. ;)

This morning I had a Reliable Energy truck right on my arsehole all the way up Victoria Rd. Every single morning, I get tailgated. Then they get to the right turn towards Birkenhead Bridge and get stuck 10 vehicles deep in the turning lane, while I beep beep past onto the expressway. Bit of a head scratcher.

People need to chill the f**k out.

What type of car does your missus own?
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Doesn't Wells play for Collingwood?
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2016

I heard that HH3 is in the market for a new job.

Straight swap for Rucci perhaps?
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Western Bulldogs 2016

MW wrote:F..k me they are still having a whinge about Talia brothers...

Are they whingeing or did a reporter write an article about the incident?
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Having the office to myself this morning until 11am. Amazing how much work can get done without the surrounding bullsh!t.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Never won a BnF! didn't realise that...what a decorated career though. Well done Jimmy.

The only thing missing from what would be the complete CV.

Along with Simon Black, the only players with 300+ games, Premiership(s), Brownlow, and a Norm Smith.

Only other players to have it all without 300 games are Hird, Judd, and Diesel.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Working hard to get all my work done so I can leave the office at 4pm today and get in the car to turn the radio on.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Agree 100%, played poorly and the WCE were too good. Would Gibbs take us to the next level, not sure. I'm not saying this in hindsight as I said it right at the beginning. Has Gibbs even played finals?

Thanks, wasn't sure. Any idea of his performances?

2009 lost to Brisbane, 18 touches.
2010 lost to Sydney, 15 touches, 6 tackles.
2011 def Essendon, 17 touches, 3 goals. Lost to West Coast DNP.
2013 def Richmond, 27 touches and 3 goals. Then lost to Sydney, 22 touches and 1 goal.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Apparently Nick O'Brien has left the Eagles.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

I really like Krabi and more than happy to stay in Khao Lak too.

It all depends on what you want to get out of your holiday.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Maybe give this guy a call

Leon Byner.jpg
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just remember they were Asian and could hardly speak a word of English but we're fantastic, they way they moved our massive fridge down a hallway that curves was a work of art.
Just checked my contacts and found a "Pom", might be him lol
Bob from the Reepham (now the Albion) put me into them so if I see him I'll ask.
Cheers, I'll be on to them, it helps that they can fit into smaller gap s aswell I suppose.

Apparently wedgie can too...
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This would have been compelling viewing :

Fair Innings.jpg

10th wicket partnership was an unbeaten 61. She also took 2 wickets.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bring on Monday Morning

The North Is Steeler Country.jpeg
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

This is why social media in India has gone into meltdown haha.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

The BBL is still getting bigger.

Tonight is the first time the Gabba has been sold out for 10 years.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Johno6 wrote:how is a baseball team going to help him find it...........................

I thought a picture of Chuck Norris might have come first.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League season 2016-17

mighty hounds wrote:Woah, we won! How did the new Korean go?

Moved really well and could have been on the scorers sheet not long after coming on. Pretty happy with him and will only get better as he adjusts.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Renshaw is an absolute beauty.

He continued to get runs even when he was off the field.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Warney is having a lend saying 250 plus on this deck is good. We'll get rolled inside 4 days.

Depends how long India want to bat for

O'Keefe could be the Ace in the deck here. This pitch is bullshit and if he can get the ball to grip and bounce/turn on the right handers then a bag is to be had.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kohli gone second ball!!

Hahahahahaha!!

F%$# off hahahahaha!!
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Test Cricket can bring so much joy. A first duck for Kholi on Indian soil warms my heart. Occupy the crease will be the mandate And the lead will blossom.

I love that the Indians lost 7/11...

Who would have forecast that SOK would be so integral?
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SOK has 9 for the match. I am enjoying this Saturday afternoon like no other hahaha.
by PatowalongaPirate
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |