Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Upthefalcons wrote:PNU coming second in the poll. What's the information coming out of PNU? Have they recruited? Any big name players?

This means there is a fair amount of Payneham people on here!!! :lol:
by Footy Follower
Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous at times.

Mitcham have formally agreed to remain in Division 3 and the Lodge have rightfully used their option not to be promoted and therefore will stay in division 4

This is BS! If Brahma Lodge buy premierships than serves them right when the paid players jump ship. Paying big dollars for recruits only to have them leave a year or two later for more money elsewhere is not how you build a strong club culture. They should have to serve their time in div 3 and deal with it. If they get smashed every week then the people running the club only have themselves to blame!
Disappointed to hear the Amatuer league have allowed this.
by Footy Follower
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Umpires

I have seen the COACHES & TRAINERS thread, but haven't seen any threads for prospective club umpires.

Old Ignatians Football Club are looking for central umpires for 2014 in 3 different grades:
- B Grade in Division 3 Reserves
- C Grade & D Grade (yet to be nominated but potentially Division 8/8 Reserves)

We would be keen to hear from reliable people with umpiring experience would would like the job for the year. Remuneration negotiable, with potentially a higher rate for umpires who want to double up in the lower grades.

Anyone interested please PM me.

Cheers,
Peter Tyson

Please ignore any applications from TTG, Modbury or Eastern Parks B grade umpires. :lol:
by Footy Follower
Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nichdanmatt wrote:Anyone want to show there final ladder ,here is mine for what it is worth.golden grove 1,eastern park 2,pooraka 3,Salisbury west 4,woodville south 5,kenilworth 6,hope valley 7,glenunga 8,pulteney 9,hectorville 10.

So if you think Glenunga wont win a game how do you have them 8th? :roll:
by Footy Follower
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:Is the Eastern Park 'b' grade field umpire the same one that did there "c" last year?

Unsure, but when we played them a few years back their B Grade umpire had a face plate and was a dead set cheat.
by Footy Follower
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

It's pretty simple IMO. If they only have one side then they need to be treated the same as Ovingham was and play in the C divisions or a reserves comp in div 6 or 7. If the club recovers next year then they start from div7 again.
If they can still field 2 sides each week then yes they should remain in division 3 and cop it sweet as many other teams have had too in previous years.
by Footy Follower
Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

:roll: Within the SAAFL they are worth 0 points

This is where I think the amatuer league need to look at changing some of the rules regarding points. At present if you are moving within the amatuer league and have played a grade football at a previous AMATUER league club, then you are worth 2 or 3 points. But if you have played majority b grade at your previous amatuer league club in your final year there than you are worth zero.
This is where it is a silly to me. I think most people will agree that the higher the division the better the standard, therefore the majority of players playing b grade at div 1 or div 2 would more than likely easily slot into a lower divisions a grade. But they are worth zero points with the current system. But if a player coming from say div 6 a grade team wants to try his luck at div 1 or 2 football, he is worth 3 points. Seems a bit backwards to me. This is exactly what has happened at Rosewater this year.
by Footy Follower
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

so the question is what happen at hope valley last night and did they vote to go into div 3 or stay in div 4 ??????

come on footy chick spill

Buggered if I know, I"m not at Hope Valley anymore.

I couldn't see them voting to go up though, FWIW.

Why would any club not want to play as higher division as possible?? As most know, it is pretty hard to make a grand final and go up a division (just ask golden grove), so when it is handed to you on a plate why not take it? Your club may not be in a position to challenge or play finals in the higher division, but still it is worth a shot.
by Footy Follower
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Jetters wrote:Gepps were close to 100k last year in player payments and its unsustainable.

Maybe they are just cutting back to what they can afford

Wowsers that is a lot of dollars for Player payments. Especially when the club avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth!
by Footy Follower
Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Minion Master wrote:flinders park BBQ = 7 the oldies serving were fantastic, real piece of steak but selection was limited, no bacon, chicken or kranskies

So can we get a summary Minion? Top to bottom in Div 3?
by Footy Follower
Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |