Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Congratulations to Travis Sharpe on playing his 300th senior game for HWE today. One of only a handful to have played in all 5 of our premierships. I hope he was able to enjoy a few hard-earneds at the Wakey club after the game today. Top effort from a top bloke. =D> :prayer:
by The Jack
Sun May 08, 2016 12:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Great win yesterday by the (mainly) young HWE lads in front of the 2006 premiership side, which had gathered for the reunion. So good to see a win against the old enemy in both As and Bs, made for a very large night. :partyman: Hopefully the lads can see a good future in store if they stay the course and stick together.
by The Jack
Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

woodublieve12 wrote:;)

Interesting Fact:

1933 South Melbourne Win 3rd flag,Bombers wooden spoon!

2016 Can Swans win 3rd flag? (as Sydney) Bombers wooden spoon!

Another Interesting Fact:

(Sydney) Swans have only finished minor premiers twice before - 1996 and 2014. Didn't end so well in those years! ;)
by The Jack
Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Brodlach wrote:
bennymacca wrote:my god how good is bont.

if he keeps this up he will be the best player in the comp in 2 years

Brodlach wrote:That deliberate was a shocking decision

what else was he doing?

Where else could he go?

Most obvious call of the night I would've thought...
by The Jack
Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

I think it's FINALLY safe to write Hawthorn off... Thankfully. And the best thing about the Dogs winning is we get to see another banner next week! Oh, and we get to see the Bont again. =D>
by The Jack
Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Maybe the Eagles' injuries last year weren't the reason they lost?? As has been suggested ad bloody nauseum since!! :lol:
Last year was like 2011, the hunters were bulking up nicely and the rub of the green went against the hunted. Still doesn't excuse the way we played or how good west were, centrals in ithe same situation were able to get within a kick
This year, well the last 40 minutes can be considered a choke because up till then i thought both teams were in the contest. As mattner said he thought this was earlier than their planning expected.

Appreciate all that, was more a crack at the media constantly referring to how unlucky they were last year blah, blah, blah. Even with all the late setbacks the Eagles faced last year, they were still the hot favourites, and deservedly so. While on the media, do you think they could fit any more AFL references in to the commentary today?? Seriously, between Casey and Soders at least a hundred I reckon. Flogs.
by The Jack
Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

AFL has determined it will retain the week's break introduced this year between the end of the Home & Away Season and start to the Finals.

Patrick Keane

Of course they have. Another week the AFL can cut in to other sports' time in the sun is always a good thing to those flogs running the comp. :evil:
by The Jack
Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

That is always a consideration in this day and age for the AFL apparently. Not just the A-League, but cricket, racing etc just lose another week to the Might and Power ( ;) ) that is the AFL. As if it isn't enough to stagger/drag out all the post and pre-season "events" out like they do. I love Australian Rules footy, but not at the expense of the other sports mentioned above. Something about the golden goose...

Yes, I'm sure the AFL sit around and instead of pondering what would improve them, they simply wonder what would disrupt other sports. If the rest of the sporting calendar is so weak that it needs the AFL to give them a break then they're already in trouble.

Kidding yourself. Of course they're thinking of extending their reach as far as possible. They're in competition with all other codes/sports for the mighty dollar. If they could, they'd make them play all year. Women's comp Feb/March? No worries. The fact that a bye before finals extends the season another week would've been very much top of the "pro" list.
by The Jack
Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

locky801 wrote:Wont be long before snicko Marsh lives up to his name

Looking all at sea at the moment... Meanwhile, Steyn is bringing some serious heat! 150 in the last over. Thought those days might've been past him. Dead set champion.
by The Jack
Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Wont be long before snicko Marsh lives up to his name
Looking all at sea at the moment... Meanwhile, Steyn is bringing some serious heat! 150 in the last over. Thought those days might've been past him. Dead set champion.
Yes very nice to see him bowling 150 kmph once again. Looking forward to watching him live during the test match here, hopefully he brings the heat then.

The negative is he's getting obsessed with the sort stuff and leaking runs. All over Marsh early and it was good to watch but now giving Warner easy runs.

Definitely, got a bit carried away with it. Was all good while he was only bowling to Marsh who was 1 from 24 at one point, but Warner soon brought him back to Earth! Philander's day getting worse by the ball now...
by The Jack
Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Mentally weak pea hearts.
This side is miles off the pace

OK Jim, I get it, you're always trying to write us off, permanently playing the underdog card, but the above comment is absolute bollocks. Mentally weak is not a term that should be applied to this team, you should be ashamed. What is your problem?? If you can't be a little bit excited about the way we're playing and where we're heading as a club, I really feel sorry for you. :roll:
by The Jack
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Lol calm down mate
Agree reg season he goes but finals he won't

See this I don't agree with. You're either trying to protect the head from potential brain injuries or you're not. The instigator having a grand final to play in the next week shouldn't make any difference to the penalty. With all that we now know... It's just a game.
by The Jack
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me. Eagles through is the only solution. Scored 8 points with a man extra, take those points away. Simples. If it was a horse race... Margin on the line insufficient to cover interference caused to the 2nd placed horse at the top of the straight, protest upheld. Amended placings are...
by The Jack
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |