Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

That's it then......you've convinced me. See you at the Swanny for a beer on the weekend!
by On The Pine
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The introduction of BSR and Ramco to the Independent competition has been amazing.
Both have lifted the standard of the competition to a greater level and I would hate to see the Redbacks move to another league.
Like BOM said, you only had to watch last year's grand final to realise that.
Despite what some people say (mostly the 'big six'), the Independents has thrived in recent years, at least in the A grade.
The colts is another matter and something certainly needs to be done there.
But the A grade competition has expanded to nine teams and Moorook and Lyrup have come back from having no team at all to both looking like quality teams for 2014.
You only have to look at the teams who have made the grand final in the past decade to see that success could be just around the corner for some clubs.
Paringa, BSR Ramco, Lyrup, East Murray, Wunkar, Cobdogla and Moorook-Kingston have all played in at least one GF in the past 10 years. The only team that hasn't is Brown's Well and it showed huge improvement this year.
by Baron Greenback
Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not an ordinary look for the league. It's sad for the league and the farming community that their football club no longer has the numbers to survive.
I had some good contests with East Murray blokes in the past and while they played it tough, they were good blokes - most of those fellas are still around the area and would be heartbroken.

It's possible, that eventually, with the Riverland's population drift, the Indies will disappear. Why anyone would take any glee from the death of football clubs is beyond me. Once the Indies are gone, the next focus for concern will be the Riverland B grade sides...
by Dogwatcher
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't say Payney throws his head back alot, but he does get a lot of free kicks that probably aren't there. He certainly isn't alone in that in our comp.
But he is also one of the fairest players going around and does get a lot of 'attention' from the opposition each week. Can't imagine there'd be too many mornings where he wakes up without feeling like being hit by a truck.

The amount of free kicks he gets is probably proportionate to the amount of footy he gets in my opinion... He has no control over the standards of umpiring.

On the "attention" he receives the thing I find funny is that after all these years so many players/teams haven't worked out yet that it doesn't affect him in any way! He usually gets up shakes it off- has a laugh at how piss weak they are and goes on to rake up the touches!![/quote]

Spot on and I wasn't having a go at him. All he can do is go out and get the footy. Which he does A LOT of.
by Baron Greenback
Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BOM wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote: Hyde - 3 matches, with one suspended.

Would BSR have wanted more than that?

No comment!!!!

That's plenty of comment.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |