Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

A Grade top 4 getting established with teams at 5, 6, & 7 still a bye to come. Nevertheless, next weekend HV v Bushpigs (at HV) will be a cracker!

Notice one S.McKenzie played B grade for HV today. Will he step up to A's next week .......... hope so.
by King
Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Front & Centre wrote:5 good games footy, raising money for a good cause and a keg ready - looking forward to a good day

A bloody good day for HV ......... 5 / zip ............ I certainly didn't see that coming ........ but then again I am a senior citizen who wears glasses!!!!!
by King
Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy

What was the result of the FH v MV B grade game yesterday?

All other results are on sporting pulse except that grade!

Final score was Flaggies 11-20-86 to MV 4-2-26. Flaggies kicked 1-12 in the last quarter. I spoke to the Flaggies team manager this morning and he has no idea why the result and details are not on the SFL site as they have ben inputted through Sporting Pulse and are in the system.
by King
Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great game of local footy at Flaggies today. Saints lead most of the game then fell behind before finally getting up by 3 points. Good crowd, good atmosphere, close game, tough and hard with plenty of mistakes caused by the pressure and a swirling wind, kept the crowd on their toes. Also a pat on the back for the umps who did a good job in the conditions and whilst both supporter groups could point to individual decisions it was pretty even across the board. A bloody good day at the footy!!!!!!
by King
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2016 will we see 4 clubs introduced to the SFL and 2 divisions in place ?

2016 will we see SFL and HFL merge into 3 divisions ?

Leadership needs to take place as doing nothing is easy to do !
"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion"

WOW!! A Shoes boy into philosophy. Now I'm afraid of that!!!
by King
Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might also be an idea for clubs who are struggling with junior numbers to come and have a look at how the likes of Reynella go about running their junior program. Playing with your mates does play a role, so does parents who have had a positive experience at a club talking to other parents.
Yes Reynella do it well at the moment, as do Happy Valley, Flaggies and Brighton. It's all about a positive culture, football runs a distant second to that.
Strong clubs are all about people, and using football as a medium to make young men into great citizens.
Parents look at clubs as a whole, the clubs mentioned above work extremely hard on their culture and their overall image.
Something several clubs don't seem to get!

Great post Boof! "Positive culture" is something that the long serving Flaggies president has been going on about for many years and whilst we have had outstanding junior success that is now transitioning into the seniors, whilst being maintained at junior levels. Like you said its about people, footy runs a distant second, and we are blessed at Flaggies to have many many great people.
by King
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like a good crowd down at Dingy today....couldn't believe how big the crowd at HV last night for the C grade GF, reckon there was at least 1500 there, great night.

https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/14142017_10208874944763871_6654758928163196674_n.jpg?oh=5eac5edf575b655bbac980c226e897bd&oe=587C51CB

Yes Dutchy it was a great night (winners are grinners) and that comes from someone who is totally against playing the C grade GF on a Saturday night. I know it's done for money but to play a Sunday comp main game of the year on a Sat. night is ridiculous. A lot of these guys play Sunday because they can't play Saturday. A good few of them are more mature age and have difficulty seeing the ball under lights and very few of them would ever train under lights. I'll also add that the HV lights are adequate, but not good enough. Most spectators struggled to identify players on the other side of the ground to where they were situated. The lack of a microphone for the formal presentations is a further black mark.
Now for the positives.
Despite the loop hole in the governing rules, both clubs played teams according to the "spirit" of the rules (unlike one of the eliminated finalists) . This is a great credit to both clubs and deserves recognition. The game itself was good quality and exciting; again a credit to both clubs. Most of all in was played with what a lot of us don't see often enough, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. This is a trade mark of the C grade and something that appears to lack in a lot of the other grades. In closing my sincere gratulations and kudos to the Reynella Football Club and their supporters for their attendance throughout the presentations, their applause and excellent demeanour. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is not dead ................ at least in the SFL C grade!
by King
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Oldman Munga"]Congratulations to Flagstaff Hill , too good on the day. All the Best in the BIG DANCE[/quote

Yeah I think Flaggies had most of the play, except for the second quarter, but both defences were pretty much on top and thus the relative low scores. This belied the weather and oval which were as good as you could wish for.
29 years since Flaggies were in the BIG DANCE, so new territory for us, but we're there and obviously a chance.
As one old timer said to another; "how hard is it?"
by King
Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not here trying to stir trouble just looking for so serious answers, but on HFL Div 1 forum it has again been said Flaggies and Valleys are looking to move to the HFL. Simply like to know if either club has talked about it and have any intention of doing so. Also read here the Rams are leaving, if so to the ammos?

Not Flaggies.
by King
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

King may have had a few reds by the time he posted.

Apparently a good comeback in the last by the Falcons in the As.

Yes in deed, King had enjoyed a few reds (as he is now!)
Nevertheless, the elder Bush Pigs have endured 25 years of snide comments against the FHFC.
Now it’s time to gloat.
If you don’t like it don’t read it!
by King
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must be a worry for the SFL Board. The same five clubs playing finals in the A’s and B’s and four of those in the C’s. Three of them in the U 17.5 finals.
Perhaps the player point system requires a review if not a complete overhaul. As a side note and of interest Porties finished sixth in those four grades.
by King
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Divers wrote:Will all there succees flaggies cant hold into there coaches

Where has Kirkwood gone?

Retired (Family priorities).
by King
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |