Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

This is my favourite forum and note that no one has posted for a while where previously was new posts daily so i thought i would just post anyway.

I love sanfl and hate afl footy -- love all football player of any grade
by oldfella
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Your a legend mate
by oldfella
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Somber note

Copied from the official west adelaide site

Never to be forgotten

Our under 18s will take on The Eagles and will play for the Jake Watson memorial trophy. In this round we remember the young lives that were so tragically taken too soon, including Jake Watson, Ben Mitchell, Glen Knot and Corey Siemers. The players memorial plaques are in the players race and are never forgotten. We would love as many people to stay for the under 18 game which takes place prior to the league game.
by oldfella
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I am not a subsciber to the belief that we need a port adelaide in the sanfl rather given the reduction in sponsorship we need an 8 TEAM COMPETITION.

i agree it is dumb that the 2 afl teams are in under different conditions but surely that says something about the sanfl commision and senior staff --- think about it. If one talks to the various sanfl clubs one will soon find that one of the afl teams has continually caused continual bachground issues whilst the other has with one exception has treated the competition with respect --- interesting

I would not allow an afl academy nor would i allow an academy based team to play in the sanfl reserves competition ---- it robs young talent from the true sanfl clubs
by oldfella
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 North V West Sunday 1310

I find it interesting that the President of the WAFC tells us we paid o profit but then we are told we have no money to recruit.Who is telling porky pies.I think heads need to roll from the top down to the Footy manager who should stick to doing what he is getting good money for.

Firstly, letting your personal feelings about individuals cloud your judgement is poor form or has the latest banning from another site caused you rage bundy ---

Whilst you have been made aware of the acurate facts in reference to salary cap shortfall before try and read the following carefully as it will answer your question

1. Profit or not has absolutely nothing to do with salary cap! --- two totally separate matters that do not relate to each other ---- salary cap is set by sanfl which all the money in the bank does not change

2. Amount is set by salary cap which in westies case has been reduced below that available to most other teams with (as you have been previously advised) most was used in getting recruiting former players coming back from afl

Facts are facts --- emotional outbursts are not facts
by oldfella
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

from 2018 -- information on Power SANFL Salary Cap and Leadership Player. (below is just an extract -- need to read it all LOL)

The SA Football Commission concluded the annual review of the license conditions and list regulations pertaining to the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Club participation in the SANFL competition and has approved the following as players eligible for the AFL clubs supplementary lists:

Any South Australian player who is attaining the age of 19 or older and who is not on the Senior List of a SANFL Club (which is a list of 40 players).

One Leadership Player who has attained the age of twenty six (26) years prior to or during the calendar year in which he is first included on the supplementary list who has been on any AFL list in the season immediately prior.

A maximum of four players from interstate that have attained the age of 18 on January 1st in the year in which they are first included on the AFL club supplementary list (turning 19) but who have not attained the age of 21 on January 1st , each of which can be listed for a maximum of two seasons

AFL approved Next Generation Academy (NGA) and Father Son players can be temporarily permitted during their 18th and 19th years (the years in which they are eligible for drafting with concessions) if nominated by the AFL club they are aligned to. It should be noted that this is subject to the player electing and agreeing to being nominated by AFC and PAFC for temporary permit.

In the 18th year, such a player can be permitted for a period of four games, but will not be eligible for a permit if they have already played League Football at their SANFL club. The SANFL Club will receive a fee in the sum of $2,500.

In the 19th year, a nominated NGA and Father Son player would be available for selection at AFC or PAFC only. At the conclusion of their 19th year SANFL club will have the right to list the player on their senior list. The SANFL Club will receive a fee, in addition to any fee received in the players 18th year, in the sum of $5,000.

Also, a player payment cap will be introduced for the AFC and PAFC in line with the other SANFL clubs, consisting of:

Match payments at a maximum of $400 per League match.
An upfront/base payment maximum (per individual) of $4,000.
Total upfront/base payments (collective) of not more than $20,000 .
In addition, the Leadership Player can only be paid a maximum upfront/ base payment of $20,000 and match payments of $500 per match. If the player was drafted from a SANFL Club prior to his AFL listing, there will also be a transfer fee payable to the SANFL Club in the sum of $25,000, as is the case if the player were to play for any other SANFL Club.

The AFC and PAFC contracted supplementary list will include:

A maximum Contracted Supplementary List of 10 players (including NGA and father son players in their 19th year, such players in their 18th year would be excluded).
A contracted supplementary list player is protected and cannot transfer without consent of AFC or PAFC. Only supplementary list players can be paid a base or upfront payment. Contract period is limited to 12 months (or one season).
Any player otherwise eligible for the supplementary list can be registered to play on permit from their community club with AFC or PAFC. There is no limit on the number of permitted players.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sanfl-rule-changes-to-affect-magpies-structure-and-contracted-players.1206542/
by oldfella
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Westies Book Launch

Looks like it will be a great read for Westies fans, its not clear what that link is trying to achieve though, obviously trying to raise some funds before it goes to print, but if that doesn't occur does it still get produced?

It is for pre-ordering and isn't charged until the book is available. The book will go ahead regardless of the number of pre-orders and will be available at a launch in late October.
by oldfella
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

I'm going to book in to Tom's Court Hotel for a week.

Then I'm going on a tour of greater Melbourne. Might even spend a day in Geelong for good measure. I'll be leaving my contact details at every AFL club.

Expect another 8-team pure SANFL competition to be announced shortly thereafter. You're welcome.

I know it is early in the year but this post has my vote for post of the year --- well done my friend
by oldfella
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |