Search found 39 matches

Return

Re: Essendon 2014

In a word, Watson keeps his Brownlow, yes or no?

For mine, no.
by Booney
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

If any of the remaining clubs fold or merge the SANFL is finished, more so if it is a club like Glenelg. There is a massive supporter base at that club, they'd fill half of Adelaide Oval on Grand Final day if their club could actually get there (No need to worry about them winning the thing :lol: ).
Too much of the character has been drained from the SANFL already with the merged entity, Port throwing in the towel and the Team for all South Australians competing with..... wait for it, other South Australian teams (For some people this idea makes sense?). The loss of another club would be too much of a blow.
by therisingblues
Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

This is my favourite forum and note that no one has posted for a while where previously was new posts daily so i thought i would just post anyway.

I love sanfl and hate afl footy -- love all football player of any grade
Keep the homefires burning, oldfella.

Patience, grasshopper - there'll be plenty of teeth-gnashing to come once the season proper kicks off.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is my favourite forum and note that no one has posted for a while where previously was new posts daily so i thought i would just post anyway.

Completely agree Oldfella.
I think that the existence of the AFL reserves in our competition has killed off the passion for the majority of those that used to post throughout the summer. I now find that ironically, when posters talk about this thing that has largely killed off discussion on this forum, there are people who will post basically to yell them to shut up and move on! So you have to be careful not to disturb the silence at times.
by therisingblues
Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Completely agree Oldfella.
I think that the existence of the AFL reserves in our competition has killed off the passion for the majority of those that used to post throughout the summer. I now find that ironically, when posters talk about this thing that has largely killed off discussion on this forum, there are people who will post basically to yell them to shut up and move on! So you have to be careful not to disturb the silence at times.
Definitely some truth in that. Mind you, at least from my club's point of view, there's not much going on to discuss during this off-season. Which is only marginally more quiet that during any of the last few on-seasons. :?

That said, I understand North have re-recruited into the fold former benefactor, businessman and philanthropist Rob Gerard as a sponsor. The cogs are spinning pretty fast down at Prospect. Hopefully he can bankroll some more recruiting before off-season's end ( :lol: ), or lend his likeness to the creation of an exclusive Rob Gerard poker machine that pays out only if you do its bidding.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Smart ****, aren't you? :lol:

The article was pre-Xmas 2016, as I take a holiday from work I also take a holiday from the smarmy Port bashing **** on here at the same time. ;)

Only posted it today as there wasn't much activity in here and figured someone would come in and sink the boot in to get things going. Sure enough....
by Booney
Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon both AFL teams should make the SANFL finals this year.
Doesn't leave much room for the real league clubs,Norwood could be the trend setters of this group.
The roosters,tigers and bloods will probably struggle to avoid the spoon given their recent 2016 form.
Not if they are riddled with injuries which I hope will happen just to make things fair
Careful now...too many injuries and the dreaded permit system might suddenly rear its ugly head.
by Magellan
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

It's a sure fire way of securing valuable off field property long term. Obviously Simpson rates Mitchell's coaching abilities from his time at Hawthorn so the best way to secure him off field is get him on field for a year or two and tie him up.

With free agency, future draft pick exchanges, rookie lists etc clubs will be happy to "carry" an older player for a year or two for either on field or off field specific needs. West Coast just rookie listed Drew Petrie FFS!! :lol: But, he fills a need they have and costs them nothing in a monetary sense and takes up but 1 spot on their list ( if elevated ).

Will see more players move for a year to secure a coaching gig from now on, no doubt. Stevie J at GWS another example, even Thompson at Adelaide ( despite not moving clubs is probably getting an extra on field year to secure him off field long term ).
by Booney
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

"My short-term memory has been erased. This, I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short term memory appears to have been erased. This, combined with the erasure of my short-term memory, has left me a little disoriented, disoriented, disoriented."

I like that can I use it next week with the job provider .

Honestly I can't recall the player or the young lady who came up to me in Rundle mall kept saying my name took her four mins to realise I had no clue who she was . She even told me we worked together at my last job of 21 years no clue who she was .
by Mickyj
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"My short-term memory has been erased. This, I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short term memory appears to have been erased. This, combined with the erasure of my short-term memory, has left me a little disoriented, disoriented, disoriented."

I like that can I use it next week with the job provider .

Honestly I can't recall the player or the young lady who came up to me in Rundle mall kept saying my name took her four mins to realise I had no clue who she was . She even told me we worked together at my last job of 21 years no clue who she was .
Micky you old player, couldnt remeber her name. You old dog you ;)
by stan
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck micky hope all goes well for you in the end (mob of pricks)

I actually know what you mean about memory as i had to retire due to severe clinical depression and honestly there are things in that last 12 to 15 month both personal and work that i genuinely do not remember and when prompted still do not have a clue. Even now i can be very frustrating for my daughter when we discuss something and i do not remember.

Take care mate but be warned westies will be back in the 8 this year and we will be hunting the eagles in the grand final
Well being back in 8 is better I guess than bottom ;)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by stan
Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck micky hope all goes well for you in the end (mob of pricks)

I actually know what you mean about memory as i had to retire due to severe clinical depression and honestly there are things in that last 12 to 15 month both personal and work that i genuinely do not remember and when prompted still do not have a clue. Even now i can be very frustrating for my daughter when we discuss something and i do not remember.

Take care mate but be warned westies will be back in the 8 this year and we will be hunting the eagles in the grand final

Thanks oldfella guess the Eagles had to lose 2016 so I could remember how it felt
You take care to mate .
It is hard phone call before I turned 54,being told I'm old I don't medically take care of myself
My diabetes my BP and my head injury if all that didn't through me being told I have Centrelinks permission to attend the ENT department and get treatments . That last bit through me I kept trying to contact the ENT department ended up going on and seeing them.
I knew I was supposed to have an appointment but treatments no clue the ent department had no clue I wasn't on their computer for my review I am now but like me they have no idea about treatments .
So I thought while I'm there I'd tell the rehab docs name that was pushing for that appointment and Centrelink saying I have treatments .
I have found Centrelink either tells lies or runs with lies I was stressed out for days with that plus Centrelink telling me they had information I was lying and could drive again refused to tell me who told them I called up services SA no your blocked who told you Centrelink but thru can't access our system .
This is some of the shit I've been through other things like exemployer making me go to Hampstead daily for therapy because they decreed home therapy was not therapy . 8 hours for 7 days a week didn't happen thankfully
by Mickyj
Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oldfella wrote:be warned westies will be back in the 8 this year and we will be hunting the eagles in the grand final

My team's looking to break into the top 8 as well. ;)
by Magellan
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oldfella wrote:Your a legend mate

I've got to say it in my lunch box lol

Thanks old fella
by Mickyj
Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
oldfella wrote:be warned westies will be back in the 8 this year and we will be hunting the eagles in the grand final

My team's looking to break into the top 8 as well. ;)

But there are only eight teams?
by RB
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't that exactly what we are doing? Crows trying to paint their existence in the SANFL in such a beneficiary light that has turned out to be shaded in an unfortunate tint of horseshit.
Get them out of the SANFL and they can paint their turds red, gold and blue and you won't hear boo out of me about it. But I am not going to be thankful for a sum of money that was never delivered yet is supposed to be some sort of justification of them destroying what I love.
by therisingblues
Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Lol
I've read the Facebook sanfl page and it's not exactly brimming with positivity about how fantastic the league is and that crowds are at record levels with clubs just making so much money they don't know how to spend it

Ok I'll end it here
All I'll say is you guys are more doom and gloom than the liberal party out of office
I will let Wedgies work place alone

And calling me names or suffering from
Alziehmers you need to take lessons from a female solicitor that took over an hour yelling at me calling me worse

That's it from me
Carry on with the doom and gloom
by Mickyj
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

The whole point of listening to a radio means you can be doing something else whilst listening.
If you're watching it on your phone you can't really be doing anything else............. unless you're female and you can do everything!! ;)
by amber_fluid
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mark Mickan

A gentleman respected in the entire SANFL community, I wish him well and well done to Lee and the entire West community for supporting him, life is bigger than footy.
I would love to see West turn things around and do well from here.
by Wedgie
Tue May 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

Westies president and two board members have made public statements advising that there has been no merger discussion at westies.

I have a slightly different view point that others may disagree with but any discussion about the sanfl on radio or in advertiser that raises awareness of the sanfl is not necessarily a bad thing -- at least the competition is being discussed and being given some recognition --- i would prefer good things discussed but i will take any discussion over no discussion anytime.
Good points all round Old Fella.
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

We have won 2 games since the premiership and about 25 losses. I have said previously that we were lucky to win the premiership in 2015, not the best team of the year just was the best team on the day. I cannot say I have ever been a great fan of MM as a coach but as a past champion player of the club, premiership coach and with his illness he does deserve to go on his terms (thanks to testy for reminding me of that). The club doesn't deserve to sack him but IMO he should stand down on his own accord.

Certainly there is another at the club who should stand down for the good of the club.

The new President Lee Harradine, someone I seem to butt heads with (how surprising ;) ) does deserve a bit of credit for the work he is doing in the background. I actually think he is starting to listen which IMO has been one of his downfalls in the past.

Gavin Colville is the reserves coach and should take over if he does decide to stand down.
by Brodlach
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL ROUND 14

I demand to know why Crows officials and Weslo Security did absolutely nothing about all the shocking
noise created today by outrageous Norwood supporters yelling and banging signage around the ground.
Surely these utterly biased mavericks don't believe they have a right to celebrate their goal scoring ???

Not once did the honest doyens of civilised behaviour remonstrate with these guilty NFC individuals.
Beware SANFL, Adelaide Crows Reserves & Weslo Security, legal action is being considered !
Your failure to stop one of the worst offenders has left me with a sore throat and a bruised hand !!!
O:-)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Six new player life members

Probably should come up with a better name that "merit award" then!
by Dutchy
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Six new player life members

Dutchy wrote:
Blacky wrote:Some people get them and some people don't

Obviously hoping you get one eh?

I won't get one mate that I do know
Oldfella will back me on that one
by Blacky
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

So I am open to ideas re the new pre-game show.
Normally it will run 1pm to 2pm before crossing to the broadcast game starting 2.10pm.

The show will be ONE hundred percent SANFL ... so what do you want included?

A bit of coverage about the magoos players pushing for senior selection from all the sides would be good.
by Grenville
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL competition review

Panther Pack wrote:With Adelaide & Port's reserve teams leaving the SANFL could this open the door for 2 other clubs to enter the competition?

No way, a 21 round comp is perfect.
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 North V West Sunday 1310

Rd 2 NA WA.png
by PhilH
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually struggled to understand his point.
by Dogwatcher
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think too many people would be surprised as to how West can go on such a downward spiral from putting together a premiership side to where they are now. It's a shame, lot of passionate Bloods fans out there who I have a lot of time for.

I'm more surprised how they managed to put together a premiership!

Good on them though, lots of long suffering Westies fans and many of them mates of mine deserved a break from the same old same old they suffered for many years.

Wonder whether it's time for some new blood , not sure where they're coming from or how they'll attract them though.

Are you channelling Magellan ? ;)
by Pseudo
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oh we've got patience ffs
by MW
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v West Sat 1410

Well done West Adelaide. To the genuine West Adelaide supporter who came out to Elizabeth, you are what this great competition is about.
by wild dog
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Junior development should be targetting developing future sanfl league players --- those kids with afl potential will still get there

Interesting with all the sanfl bend over tactics for afl u/18 potential players last draft i believe was the smallest number drafted from sa

Who cares how many get drafted from a club ? They dont get rewarded for it . What SANFL tactics ?

What should happen is a player can only be drafted once 19 / 20 and there can be 1 special talented 18 year old drafted . State leagues will be stronger and see the better players for a year or 2 and then physically ready to play AFL. That means less cost the AFL clubs and stronger state leagues . I would love to see the stats of young kids languishing in low state leagues or ones that are injured early due to the rigors of AFL training.
by Michael
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West vs Norwood 9/6

For Jason Porplyzia to keep coming back at this level shows he must be a true club man, the amount of injuries this guy has been through is ridiculous, much like Phillips for us. You've gotta love people who put their body on the line for your club when their body consistently says no.
by norwood8
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

carey wrote:Coke

Gee he was right when he said he needed to get his personal life straightened out.
The key will be when he realizes he isn't a victim and takes responsibility. Good luck... can play.
by northerner
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFC President

Probably an issue of respect and this is not the only issue which i prefer not to discuss.

You say one on one on a phone ok in a business environment but in a footy club environment especially to a long serving life member,maybe not right perhaps a one on one face to face was more appropriate but we all have different opinions which is great.

I guess by the time a face to face meeting was arranged the news may have filtered out another way which would be much worse than hearing the news over the phone.
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Over the phone! You must work for a bank.

He was the Clubs President. Not hard to have called them in to tell them first then announce publicly.

Agree 100%.
Over the phone is taking the easy way out.
by amber_fluid
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If they walk then neither party wins
by Brodlach
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

Dutchy wrote:Not sure how you can do a extra point rule with different playing conditions/times over a weekend.

Sometimes different weekends too.
by Wedgie
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In regards to tenant and landlords the point is valid about Port and the Crows, however the issue remains in my opinion around the SANFL being part of it. Using the Victorian example which has been brought up, the VFL are not part of the MCG or Marvel arrangement at all and also the WAFL are not part of the new stadium in WA either. Sa seems to be a unique case at the moment.

I’ve probably cocked up quoting again- but expanding on the above its worth noting the VFL & WAFL are both under the control of the AFL and the SANFL isn’t. (At least not officially..)
by Hazydog
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |