Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Paul Murray gives me the shits ...
by dedja
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I give way to anyone who's front bumper is in front of mine.

Isn't that the rule?

The thing that shits me the most is not getting a wave when I let people in. Thats when I start yelling "Where's my **** wave ****?!?"
by HH3
Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (Miscellaneous debris)

Abbott v Keating in Question Time would be interesting viewing.

I would've also loved to have seen how Keating would have reacted to someone like Christopher Pyne.
by GWW
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Nothing has happened yet to base a judgement on as the Liberals are still trying to decipher the confusion in the mess left behind and work out what they have to do. Only prejudicial presumption rules here at present.

As I've said before, though I am a Liberal Party member, I'm not a big Abbott fan either.
But I'll wait and see before I start pushing for his replacement.,

He did do a good job sorting out the mess his (Liberal) predecessor had made of the Health portfolio, when he took it over in 2003.

- Signing/Threating to sign the TPP 'agreement' before the Sentate sees it. Phillip Morris is planning to sue us to get their prett pictures back on their deadly product. Expect more of this shit if this agreement gets signed
- Gonski backflip when Pyne hasn't even read the report
- Threating to cut the funding of the ABC because it dares to bad mouth the government
- Offending China
- Offending Indonesia
- Offending East Timor
- Deleting articles from the Tony Abbott website that contradict his current position on various matters
- Censorship being raised to an artform - authorising the Militar to say **** all on Soveriegn Borders
- High court challeges to prevent homosexual marriages
- Establishing a debt-ceiling at a time when he was supposed to be reigning in debt responsibly
- Introduction of new powers to prevent protestors in Tasmania from entering a 'worksite'
- Dredging the great barrier reef marine park
- Raiding Women's superannuation
- Reneging on a payrise for Child Care Workers while at the same time handing out the usual Tax cut to the Rich
- Repealing Anti-Vilification legislation
- Closing down GrainCorp negotiation in a so called 'open for business' government, now he has to play tough on Holden and QANTAS.
- Despite the meltdown in Japan, thinking of creating a Nuclear Power plant in FNQ
- Attempting to change the rules on how the Governor General is selected because of Quentin Bryce's dissent

This is a corporate dictatorship, paid for by Murdoch and Reinhardt. These clowns have no idea that they were voted in TO REPRESENT US, not sell us as products to multinationals. Abbot doesn't give a shit because like George W Bush, he's been bought and paid for and they are now coming to collect.

It will take us decades to recover from this government.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why should people with the cash get here when other more worse off refugees have to wait in camps because of the cue jumpers.
Stupid post!

firstly, if you are going to call someone stupid, at least make sure you can spell queue.

when you say "afford" to get here, most of them literally spend their whole family's life savings to get one family member out here, and then hope to bring the rest out when they save up enough money. this is how desperate they are.

and im not sure about you, but if i had a shot at not living in a refugee camp, i would do whatever i could.

there was a show on SBS called go back to where you came from, i encourage you to watch it. they depicted a sudanese lady who was in a refugee camp in kenya, where they literally slept on the floor under a tarp. no clean water. they got rice once a day, but quite often the gangs of men would come and steal it from her just after she got it. her and both her daughters had been repeatedly raped. if i remember correctly she now had HIV.

but yet you are telling me she should sit there and politely wait her turn? put yourself in her shoes for a second. what do you think you would do? would you sit there and be like fk me, i better wait my turn? of course not, you are going to do everything you can to get to safety.

and before you say well you could catch a plane here, well thats more problematic than you think too. if you are being persecuted in your own country, you cant exactly rock up at the airport with all of your id cards etc, you are basically waving a massive sign saying come and kill me!

so thats why these people travel overland from places like afghanistan, to pakistan, india, malaysia, indonesia.

the problem then is, none of those countries are signatories to the UN refugee convention, which means if they are caught they can be deported straight away. so you cant jump on a plane at any of these countries either.

so what are you left with? paying some people smuggler your whole life savings for one shot at a country that will have you. but lol, jokes on them, we send them off to squalid conditions in papua new guinea never to set foot in australia.

and before you say well there is plenty of other countries they can go to, well yes thats also true. but do a bit of googling and you can find places like turkey, jordan and greece are straining massively with the problem of refugees.

i read somewhere (ill have to find it) that the official population of greece is 10 million or so, and they have 1 MILLION refugees or other illegal residents. now that is a problem. a few thousand arrivals into one of the richest countries in the world is almost a non issue, unless you want to politicise it for your own gain, which is what abbott did with his "stop the boats" mantra which appealed to the lowest common denominator in australia, white racist bogans who believe they own the country and forgot that them, or one of their previous generations also came here, a lot of them in similar circumstances.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only a white Christian would say Australia isn't religious based.
by The Sleeping Giant
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shoe boy wrote:Tonys mate Pyne at it again!!! If he has his way kids will be singing "god save the queen" before class! :evil:

Cool! 8) And the line "no future for you" would be quite apt. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WOMENS ASHES

meh, who gives a fu ck, really, wearing the same garb as the men, boring as batshit, get back in the kitchen woman ffs
by stampy
Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The Sleeping Giant wrote:What a shame. Such a beautiful down to earth couple.

Now that they've called it quits, can someone **** her back off to Seppoville?
by Failed Creation
Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Serious question. How do the LNP voters on this forum feel about the Great Barrier Reef being damaged or old growth forests in Tasmania no longer protected. Forget ideology or whatever is THIS what you were voting for, and what you thought would happen?
by Leaping Lindner
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Death Penalty

Let me simplify it for you... as you seem to need it to be dumb down a bit.... If the punishment for speeding is the death penalty would you speed?
Realistically. there is no way a death penalty for speeding would become a reality.
I'd certainly be on the streets protesting the idea if it were mooted seriously .

By contrast, while I wouldn't vote for a death penalty for crimes like murder, I probably wouldn't be out on the streets protesting against the idea either.
if they can put you down for speeding, i dont like your chances if you protest ;)
by woodublieve12
Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

That doesn't make it ok to put them back in a boat.

And how is running for your life selfish? 90 odd percent of boat arrivals are assessed as genuine refugees
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Survey results confirming what most already knew *grins*

Do you find it interesting that what you are saying about religious people you actually practice yourself?? You are unable to accept the opinions of people who have faith yet you criticise them for not accepting yours *winks*

Science isn't a faith, it just is. Science doesn't require you to believe in it, it carries on quite happily regardless. It is also not opinion.

Faith, by definition, requires you to accept things that cannot be proven or are completely false.
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survey results confirming what most already knew *grins*

I don't feel sorry for them, and I'm certainly all for freedom of religion. All religions not just Christianity. Where I have a problem is when they start teaching it on schools as an alternative to evolution etc
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've started just BPaying weekly money into the electricity and gas accounts. Softens the quarterly blow.

ditto, fortnightly B-payments quite often mean I don't actually have a bill to pay when it comes in.

Why would you give them your money before they require it. Why not put it aside in your own account and then have it ready to pay?

Because I'd spend it on cocaine, hookers and cologne.
by Q.
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should mull be legalized for medicinal use?

And of course it should. And not just for medicinal reasons.

Free the green.
by The Sleeping Giant
Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Cricket Association

B Grade grand final. Port Noarlunga def Flagstaff Hill.
C Grade grand final. Noarlunga def Armidayysdcbysdcgv North.

A Grade grand final is Flagstaff Hill v Noarlunga.
Noarlunga would be favourites but Flagstaff Hill has won the last few finals games between the 2 sides including last seasons grand final.
My prediction is Noarlunga by 60 runs or 4 wickets
by tazz
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes its certainly payback time now and Rupert will reap the rewards of years of smashing Labor with his mouthpieces Jones , Bolt and CO.

But I fear worse is on the horizon...
When the GST was conceived and pushed through after a lovefest between Howard and Meg Lees ,(a decision that was the beginning of the end of the Democrats); it was legislated that the 10% Gst could not be increased unless consented by all State Premiers.
As it stands today the only 2 states with a Labor Gvt in power are SA and Tas, both with elections almost upon us.
Dont tell me that The Mad monk and his sidekick Hockey are salivating at the thought of the next Premiers meeting in Canberra when all seats are filled by Thatcherites. Tony will stand up and say we are going to up the GST by 2%... happy with that?? and they will all nod like those stupid dogs you see in the back window shelves of cars you see.
by blueandwhite
Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Andrew Bolt - is he a credible journalist?

only just saw this.

andrew bolt is the worst journalist out there, on the same level as alan jones.

cannot write anything with an ounce of balance, and yet has the gall to accuse the ABC and others of bias or partisanship as soon as they write an article that disagrees him.

anyone that uses terms like "leftist" intended in a derogatory manner, as opposed to just criticising a policy, is clearly biased.
by bennymacca
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

I doubt as some posts have suggested that Noarlunga have lost the amount of players they have because Trevor is an abusive Coach , Once in my 5 yrs @ the club have I seen one spray that I considered over the top or uncalled for , love him or hate him Trev has been a great servant of the club , is very thorough in his preparation and quite forthright and honest in his assessment of team and player perfomances , dont think for one second that I am one of Trevs yesmen , couldnt be further from the truth , we have banged heads on more than one occasion and no doubt will disagree on future issues , to blame him for the Exodus from NFC is both cheap and ill informed .
Some have retired , some have returned to former clubs , some have gone chasing better $$ on offer , some maybe see that Trev can't take the club further and some have simply gone elsewhere because they lack the bottle to Step Up and are Sh*t Scared of having to put in the HARD YARDS required to take the club forward
Regardless we will do the best we can with what we got ,
SEE YOU LOT @ THE FOOTY
by Oldman Munga
Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Downer is only marginally below the Poodle ... righteous, silver spoon, useless git
by dedja
Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Downer is only marginally below the Poodle ... righteous, silver spoon, useless git

To quote PJK, "The idiot son of the aristocracy"
by Gozu
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Death Penalty

Life without parole for sex offenders? Going to be a lot of innocent people locked up forever.

Sex offenders found guilty of rape AND murder , yes, life without parole, unless the perpetrator was ruled not responsible for his/her actions due to mental illness. Those found guilty of rape but not murder , a period of incarceration and treatment such as is available. For multiple sex offenders who have not committed murder , a period of incarceration and then some form of detention or restrictive measure to reduce the risk of reoffending. Whatever supportive treatment there is should also be made available and probably mandatory.

What exactly do you mean by innocent people, by the way? Do you mean people convicted wrongly, or do you mean that sex offenders are not responsible for their actions? I think the latter would have to be considered on an individual case basis - are their actions a result of an illness, or a compulsion? (And yeah, I said earlier 'life without parole without considering individual cases' but I meant for those who were both a) found guilty of rape AND murder; b) judged to be of sound mind and responsible for their actions. If those criteria are met - automatic life sentence without parole.)

Some people are made bad by bad treatment - is that what Ned Kelly said? I think that's true a lot of the time. And it's terrible, and I don't know what can be done about it because the systems that are meant to care for people are underresourced and understaffed. I was involved with Child Protection services briefly and there's only so much they can do for families at risk, because there are so many who need help. But regardless of upbringing or trauma, people still have to be held accountable for their actions. It's no good, but show me a better alternative.
by fisho mcspaz
Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Firstly because we don't want to encourage queue jumping.

if you had read anything in this thread, you would know that there is no such "queue" you are talking about.

They can stay in Indonesia and apply to come to Australia like everyone else in the world who wants to come here.

also not an option, given indonesia is not a signatory to the UN refugee convention, they have no obligation to any asylum seekers, and will not help any of them. they are not allowed to work or have access to any sort of services including healthcare.
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have tried to stay away from the Politics forum lately as I tend to have my blood boil when I read some comments on here (and I have a feeling that mine would have the same effect on other people).
However, I am not sure why Abbott is madly looking around for other countries to host asylum seekers if no asylum seekers are coming anymore. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Or, is he actually anticipating a whole lot more asylum seekers coming, knowing that his 'turn back the boat' policy will not work once the weather is improved and they are out of typhoon season.
Even if it is working, it really just means that Australia are expecting the rest of the world to comply with human rights legislation whilst we don't. It is just shifting the problem to another country. The number of asylum seekers in the world won't decline just because Australia refuses to do its part. It really is a terrible stand by the Australian government.

I agree totally with Bennymacca btw that the Labor Party's policy is just as bad as the Liberal Party's. Both of them make me want to cry at times, with the lack of compassion they are showing.
by bulldogproud2
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

really good article about the failings of labor in recent times, particularly with their failure to differentiate themselves on key issues, especially on those issues where left and right are usually ideologically separate, asylum seeker policy for one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-10/green-labor-plays-the-losing-game-of-imitation/5379688
by bennymacca
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Mr O'Farrell had demonstrated "integrity" by resigning over what he said was an innocent and inadvertent misleading of ICAC.
"We are seeing an act of integrity, an act of honour, the like of which we have rarely seen in Australian politics," he said.
"I admire him tremendously for this, although I deeply regret the necessity for it."
"Obviously, as we now know, he innocently, inadvertently misled ICAC yesterday and he has taken the utterly honourable step of resigning as Premier."

:shock:
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

Tough run of games now for Everton

Mancs at home
Hamptons away
City mancs at home
by Bully
Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

it would be like me complaining everytime I get a hang over when I go and get drunk the night before.....
by Johno6
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It appears that many of the Ministers are out of their depth. Pyne was terrible on QandA on Monday night. Admittedly he was being hounded but as the old saying goes - don't dish it out if you can't receive it. Hockey is also unconvincing, Sinodinas is facing serious allegations, Hunt is weak, Brandis has his foot permanently in his mouth, Abetz sounds dead, Bishop looks dead, and Barnaby is just a dumb ****.

This lineup does not fill a voter with confidence.
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Thu May 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a world we live in when Clive Palmer is the saviour of a viable society. I am counting on him big-time to block the university reforms and Medicare fees in the Senate.

Crime will f***ing skyrocket, I predict. If young people can't receive the dole for six months - there just aren't enough jobs to employ all the youth! What are they going to do with no job and no prospect of assistance either?

I do think that, although the government played their cards very cunningly and very well, it wasn't enough to offset the general horror in response to the budget. As much as people believe political spin, they still only see what’s in front of them and right now they see that they stand to lose a lot of money (even if it doesn’t actually belong to them). I think that Labor will be voted in next election - hopefully this time they don't f*** it all up by fighting amongst themselves, and can actually consign the Libs to the political wilderness they should've still been in from '07.
by fisho mcspaz
Wed May 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Sooking - debatable

Proud and defensive of our League - guilty

How do you suggest I should approach it?
Stop carrying on as if anyone cares would be a start

I care, that's all that matters :)
by Look Good In Leather
Mon May 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

all in the name of democracy ... :lol:
by dedja
Mon May 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep he did ok.....but still spun a bunch of political bull!

"Its not a tax, its a payment.....ok its a tax...call it what you want" his response to the medicare payment.

But they still havent broken any promises? Delusional much?
by tigerpie
Mon May 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

did anyone see Pyne on the project last night. How can someone talk so much jibberish. He was an embarrassment :oops:
by gossipgirl
Tue May 20, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think I can tolerate Christopher Pyne in the media for the full term of this Government. Please Tony, send him to the backbench before he drives us all insane with his poorly constructed arguments, false analogies, and hideous voice. I'd rather listen to someone run their fingernails across a blackboard several dozen times.
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Tue May 27, 2014 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On a totally different note-

Club legend Wade Stone will be playing his 400th Senior game for the FHFC this Saturday in the B Grade against Hackham.
If you have been in some way involved at Flaggies or have been fortunate enough to meet the bloke get out there and pay respect to a great club man!
Looking forward to a big crowd.
Cheers,

MatteeG
by MatteeG
Tue May 27, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Does anyone know the ruling on Saturday comp players playing in the Sunday comp? How many can you have each week? What happens in finals etc?

Pretty much open slather.

Generally the college clubs with these two teams have all their college players in their Sunday team but they rotate the cream through the Saturday team during school holidays and once the colleges finish so that they have the 6 games and are qualified for finals.

Come finals the dual team clubs seem to have very different teams on the park and the teams they had close games against during the season suddenly get smashed off the park.

There should be set squads for each team, back when we first had two teams, we had to apply for clearances to move a player from one team to another, and once cleared they could not be cleared back again - that's when the league used to put value on the credibility of each competition, rather than just bragging about how many kids are playing whilst glossing over the fact that some clubs do not field teams at all.
by Look Good In Leather
Thu May 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lets all start chanting :D

Kum bay ya, my Love, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's laughing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's crying, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's praying, Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.

Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya;
Someone's singing, my Lord, kum bay ya,
O Lord, kum bay ya.
by gossipgirl
Fri May 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love your passion Jimmy. The libs need blokes like you right now and wow how they definitely do need them. Defence of the indefensible like a knight of Malta you will be remembered for your loyalty and valour in the face the tidal wave of opposition set out to overthrow those who have set out to deceive and disempower us. Bless you Jimmy for you are the last of the true believers.
by Roxy the Rat Girl
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gee, sorry for selectively using the actual budget which only goes to 2017. Silly me, reading the actual document. Wot wos I thunking?
Obviously (due to my sudden loss of education) I should just listen to the "majority of commentators and analysts" and not read the damn budget myself. Maybe a couple of you should read it for yourselves. (BTW, I actually posted the 2013 budget but none of you picked that up)
Maybe I'm wrong though. Should I be looking at Table 2.4 that shows overall payments to the States?
http://budget.gov.au/2014-15/content/bp3/html/bp3_03_part_2b.htm

However, the real disappointment kicks in in 2017 when the actual amount of funding being provided for health decreases by a whopping $50 billion over the next eight years. Jimmy has selectively only worried about funding until 2017, this avoiding the truth about the decrease in REAL spending.

So, you're worried about 2017 onwards? When's the next election? "Before 14th January 2017 "
When Labor get back in, they can give it all back. You're worried about a period in the next term of government. They can change the budget just like this Government have. That is the right of every Govt.

I'm not being selective - I'm just being real and not listening to the hysterical like Koutsantonis who probably wrote his script before the budget was even handed down. Cutting 600 beds when he's getting more money than last year.

Its all a huge con. These cuts to the SA Health expenditure budget were in last years MYBR:

Commencing in 2013–14 $116m
To commence in 2014–15 $100m
To commence in 2015–16 $106m
To commence in 2016–17 $ 57m

So, there were going to cut their expenditure by over $1b pa by 2017 anyway

Just shows how much you actually read on here bp2

????? The link you posted on your previous page was to the 2013/14 budget, which of course was set by Labor.

You then gave, on this page, a link to Table 2.4 which did come from the 2014/15 budget delivered by Joe Hockey. However, this is only a selection of the budget. To give the true picture you need to look at the ACTUAL FULL budget for the Commonwealth Department of Health. If you do (and I hope you do) you will find that there is a total DECREASE in spending of over $8 billion planned by the Liberal Government over the forward estimates.
How can you say that I don't read when there plain and simply is a decrease in spending proposed by the Liberal Government on health of $8 billion over the next four years and then a further whopping cut of $50 billion over the eight year period commencing in 2017???

You now try to change the subject to looking at the State budget. This thread Is about the Commonwealth Government, not State politics. Don't try to change the topic just because you know you are wrong.

Now, please stick to topic and tell me whether there is an increase (as you claim) on spending by the Liberal Government for Health over the next four years or, as everyone else knows, a decrease.

Cheers

Cheers
by bulldogproud2
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Immigration - where is Australia going?

bennymacca wrote:you say it is an attempt to unite ireland, but what divided them in the first place? i can give you 1 reason.

English invasion
by Jimmy_041
Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pilmore Cup 2014

DTH What is happening at Bomberland?

After all the years of the BDOS Secretary attending meetings at the SFL and canning representative football
"We are a metro League not a country league we should not be involved"

Bugga me tonight I see in person the Said Secretary wearing the Maroon shirt dressed like the rest of the Maroon crew treating the weekend of football very seriously..

I can only assume that he has become a Latte land country hobby farmer.. who now embraces both jetty (Latte) Road Brighton and the Bush

I think you may be quoting the BDOS Secretary incorrectly. Those comments were directed at the Country Football Championships I would suggest. I think most of us would agree that they are a meaningless waste of time. Unfortunately we have bastardised our association game so that a team can be picked for a silly lightning carnival that acts merely as a weekend long piss-up for the CFL.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dazza44 wrote:
The rationale was that was what the clubs wanted, as all changes in League structure are. Ultimately, the clubs (or at least a majority of them !) decide what the League structure will be.

Apparently not,,,
by lion heart
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So a Future Directions Committee was created, they came up with ideas. A majority of clubs agreed with them but the league shuts them down. What is the point of the FDC then. The league wants what they want, not the clubs.

"Change is the law of life And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." ;)

JFK
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Working in front of the blazing fire while the rain lashes the outside of the house. (I don't rate the working part, working at midnight sucks dog's balls, but the fire is terrific.)
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A huge pat on the back to Simon Robinson his army of helpers on Saturday. Possibly one of the best days ive had at Emu Park, for PINK DAY. The only blemish (for an emu supporter) was that Noarlunga were just too good on the day, getting the chocolates in the main game. Word is that over $12000 was raised throughout the day for Breast Cancer research, which is a phenomenal effort. Over $1700 of that was raised to see Emu star Tim Howell shave off his beloved Dreadlocks, with another $7K being raised with the auctioning of the PINK guernseys. Also like to say well done to Booga Schutz, who I believe played his 350th game on the weekend. Great effort. All in all, a great day of suburban footy.
by Leo
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things I learn from press releases

We need to pray for Ian Thorpe:

Monogamy and fidelity are the exception rather than the norm in any sexual relationship.

fixed that for them.

what world are these people living in? all of a sudden it is only homosexual people that have multiple partners or cheat on their current one??

hang on, different tack. if we allow "gays" to marry that will solve this infidelity issue they suffer. it is obviously because they cant marry that they have multiple partners..... seeing as marriage is such a sacred right, no one would ever cheat on their legally married partner would they? :roll:
by tipper
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shoe boy wrote:The lack of apathy for the daily ( not just the last 2 weeks ) murder of Palestinians.

"Naughty Israel" ?

I blame the Jews 8-[
by Spargo
Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |