Search found 4 matches

Return

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Jake King - Richmond......

Massive loss to the competition and Richmond. Although people around the football world will take the piss out of Jake King, as a Richmond supporter it's sad to see him go. Never had the most natural talent but I always watched knowing he would work his ass off every week, unlike some others we still have at the club. Can't ask for any more than that from the man. Managed to reinvent himself midway through a career too which isn't always easy.

113 games is a top dig from the Push Up I would have thought. Good career.

Also fantastic what he did for the young lad from WA who is very sick and Jake was his fav player. I think credit where credit is due and in Jakes case with this young lad I thought what he did was fantastic.
by Footy Smart
Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

I might be speaking for a minority here but im astounded at the negativity around trying to get football underway.
Whilst I understand people are concerned about loss of income crowds etc I think we all know the SANFL and the government would have plans to support this. I would have thought people would be hanging to get out have a kick and get back into it....what`s the alternative ?? sit home and mow the lawn 4 times a week? Maybe its a sign of the times but football used to be a major part of people lives who would jump any obstacle to get out on the field.

Couldn't agree more, imagine getting to early August and all restrictions are lifted and there is no footy to be played or attend. The impact on the communities cannot be under estimated.
by Dutchy
Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

I might be speaking for a minority here but im astounded at the negativity around trying to get football underway.
Whilst I understand people are concerned about loss of income crowds etc I think we all know the SANFL and the government would have plans to support this. I would have thought people would be hanging to get out have a kick and get back into it....what`s the alternative ?? sit home and mow the lawn 4 times a week? Maybe its a sign of the times but football used to be a major part of people lives who would jump any obstacle to get out on the field.
I'm not against it starting, I love my footy, and not trying to be overly negative.

However, if this has taught me anything it's that maybe I spent too much time/energy/money on footy previously, probably to the detriment of other things and relationships in my life outside of footy. I have enjoyed being at home to have dinner with my daughter (and wife I suppose) each night and hearing about the day at child care, as opposed to doing a 5.15pm child-care pick-up, drop home, grab bag and run to footy training in 10-12 degrees. I haven't been on the phone on a Sunday morning dissecting a loss with coaching staff, instead I've been out pushing my daughter on her swing or playing in her sandpit, things I probably wasn't doing enough beforehand.

Everyone is looking at it through a different lens though.
by Pag
Thu May 14, 2020 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |