Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Scott white is handy but def not worth anywhere near even half that amount if it's true
by Undercover agent
Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

A lot of 'Div 1 Guns" go to country footy expecting to dominate... usually its a huge reality check for them. Country footy is a totally different style of footy to the ammo's
by RooShootOhh
Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Stackson wrote:Halfway through the year it looks like a Grand final between Gawler Centrals and Tanunda or Barossa maybe throw Kapunda in the mix
Medal race looks very open predictions?

Predicted a GC v Barossa GF before the season started and I still think that will be the case.
Centrals won't lose a game
by Jim05
Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

For the eighth time in nine years, North Melbourne has recorded a profit.

The club recorded a net operating profit of $470,046, while again reducing the club’s overall debt by a further $400,000 in the last financial year.

Managing Director and CEO Carl Dilena said North Melbourne was in a strong financial position.

“We are very pleased to post yet another profit in the past financial year,” Dilena told NMFC.com.au.

“We are fully aware we operate in a really challenging financial environment, so our staff deserve a massive amount of gratitude for their hard work and dedication in helping us record this result.

“In 2016, we saw an increase in total revenue to $38 million, thanks to the growth in gate receipts, membership and merchandise sales.

“We’ve also continued to increase our investment in our football department, ensuring that we give our players every chance to succeed in the years ahead.”

North remains as the only Victorian-based AFL club to not rely on revenue from pokies and gambling.

Dilena also paid tribute to outgoing Chairman James Brayshaw, saying his leadership was pivotal to the club’s current financial position.

“During James’ chairmanship, we saw a turnaround in the club’s fortunes and we owe him a great deal for the work he put in behind the scenes during his nine years as Chairman of the Board,” Dilena said.

“Since James took over, we’ve doubled our membership from 22,000 to a record 45,000 plus, as well as doubling our sponsorship revenue, allowing us to invest heavily in growing our workforce. We of course played in five finals series in those nine years, including two Preliminary Finals in 2014 and 2015.”

Under Brayshaw, North built its elite training facilities at Arden St, returned the club to a ‘member-based club’, established The Huddle and its leading community programs, as well as the significant debt reduction seen under his watch.
Key points – 2015/16

- Net operating profit of $470,046
- Football Department expenditure increase of $496,000
- Reduction of debt by a further $400,000 to $1.25 million
- Revenue of $38m, an increase of $1.09 million on 2014/15
- Gambling and pokies revenue $0
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Jim05 wrote:Don't see a problem with it TBH.
I know we made over $2.5m in profits from pokies this year and most clubs would do similar

Crownbet are a partner of the AFL too.
by Booney
Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Pity he was not Butchers goal kicking coach.
by goddy11
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Absolutely delighted to admit i was wrong apparently Jack Hannath
signed with Centrals tonight
by southernbulldog
Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Draft discussion

:shock: LMFAO - Welcome to struggle town pal, population, YOU!

If he thought living on a couple of hundred thousand was tough, welcome to the real world pal!

Prior to the trade period :

SYDNEY Swans grand final player Xavier Richards has requested a trade to a Melbourne club and his manager says the cost of living in Sydney is the key factor in his desire to move.
The Swans lost their cost of living allowance (COLA) in controversial circumstances after they recruited Lance Franklin on a nine year $10 million deal on the back of signing Kurt Tippett from Adelaide the year before (2013).
But Richards’ manager Phil Mullen said the expense of living in Australia’s biggest city was a real issue for players down the pay scale from Franklin and Tippett.
“Xavier wanting to leave the Swans has nothing to do with being unhappy with the club,” Mullen told The Daily Telegraph.
“If you’ve got money to spend you’d get better value in Queensland or South Australia than you do in Sydney. Living in Sydney makes it tough on a lot of players.”
The advent of free agency is seeing the game’s best players getting richer while those down the financial ladder aren’t making as much ground. For the very well paid players such as Franklin and Tippett the cost of living in Sydney isn’t an issue but Mullen believes for journeymen players like Richards it’s a struggle.
“He will be able to go home to Melbourne and live with his parents initially and put some money away, that’s been impossible in Sydney,” Mullen said.
“I can’t understand why the AFL got rid of COLA.”
Carlton player Andrejs Everitt left the Swans in similar circumstances to Richards two years ago and said there was a real need for it especially for the less well paid players.
“It is pretty expensive to live up in Sydney, just the rent, everything to do with Sydney. I’m not sure what the figures are but I do think it (COLA) is pretty necessary,” Everitt said at the time.
The prospect of COLA being reinstated looks extremely remote after AFL Chairman Mike Fitzpatrick made his feelings known about the allowance last month.
“I was quite disappointed (when Lance Franklin switched to the Swans). I was the last defender of COLA. That announcement convinced me I had been wrong for a long time,” Fitzpatrick said at the time.
Richards has played 12 games in four years at the Swans including the last 10 of this season. His older brother Ted announced his retirement this season after 261 games for Sydney (228) and Essendon (33).
Mullen believes a deal with a Melbourne club is imminent.
“Xavier has been around for a while and knows the game,” Mullen said.
“He had a pretty good second half of the year when he was moved forward and he has plenty of ability there is no question. I’m confident a deal will get done in the next couple of days.”

:shock: :shock:

Fair to say that for Xavier Richards, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans/xavier-richards-signs-with-neafl-team-sydney-university-for-2017/news-story/92e203a096fc422d665dbf797920df58
Definitely not a full slab.
by stan
Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

!@#$%*$#!! You Supercoach!

This thread is for anyone wishing to vent against the evil SuperCoach Gods. Naturally enough, we don't actually need the season to start before the bad news starts.

With the new third man up rule, giant Ruckmen have the potential to be if you'll pardon the pun, big scorers. Now the granddaddy of them all, Big Lurch Sandilands is cheap as chips because the giant goose keeps breaking down. All good...the big fella has been 'training the house down' like every other player in the league. All aboard! Now the latest news from C0ckburn is that Lurch has strained a calf and will miss the opening 'what the hell is it called this year' challenge on February 25. FFS the season hasn't even started and Sandi is in the medical room. Sandilands has an ownership of about 20% with many coaches opting for the Gawnilands ruck combo which allows them to put in a gun on another line.

This injury news will cause a massive amount of restructures in SC land with the first lock out 50 days away. !@#$%*$#!! You Supercoach!

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: !@#$%*$#!! You Supercoach!

Big Mummy being injured as well does not help in the big man stakes.
I had penciled in young Sharenberg in as a defensive cash cow. Buckley in his chat today said he would have to work his way through the VFL. Back to the drawing board.
by Alaska
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Jim05 wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Looks like Josh Glenn heading to Norwood easy for them
as they are the only club without a salary cap

Dogs under no obligation to clear him so it’s not a done deal yet. I’d be surprised if we cough up the transfer fee they want either

with his recent history, why would anyone want him.
by GMcG
Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Port Adelaide has nominated Next Generation Academy players Martin Frederick and Kai Pudney.

Frederick could attract a late bid in the draft, Port could only use pick 85 so he could be taken, if not both will join Port as rookies.
by Booney
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Dixon and Motlop dropped.

Ryder and Garner in.

What does Drew have to do or improve on to get a game?
He looked the only Port player interested in the weekend and had a decent crack from what I saw
by Jim05
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
He'll play SANFL. The ground covered in the two is chalk and cheese.

He'll play as a forward and kick 4 or 5.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Your best 22 has 25?

That aside good squad.
4 talls down back will be envied by most teams.

Charlie Cameron will be shitting himself when he has to stand either Jonas or McKenzie.

It's almost like players can play in different positions next year to the ones I've rattled off in November. :lol:

In the ‘Oracle’ we trust. ;)
by amber_fluid
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 16- I hear Delta is the worst house on campus

Well well well me lovelies. Four weeks to go for premiership hopefuls and relegation battlers alike. As all the teams gather in Melbz and Scott wants the whole comp played in Geelong, what news is about? First up, the Tigers have once again been decimated by injury but rook Mansell RCD is back to earn you coin. Perhaps Lambert is the only thing close to SC relevant on the outs list so Dusty, Short and CCJ are safe. For sun tan suns Zac Smith and Greenwood are out so Bolton should be expected to bounce back to improved scoring.

My man 'in the media' has heard a whisper that Lachie Neale has been suffering back spasms and could be in some doubt. Haven't heard much else on that so digest that one with a large dose of Essendon fan brand salt. Remember folks, it it turns out to be true you heard it hear second and if it's bullshit it's clearly nothing to do with me lol.

Good luck to all SuperCoaches this week except my BIL in the family league.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tassie - Yay or Nay

Yep and a NT team.
20 team comp
by amber_fluid
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tassie - Yay or Nay

Yep and an NT team.....

Tassie Islanders in a green, yellow, red guernsey will be great to see.
by whufc
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2024 AFL tipping

No need to pay up front, when the winners are decided I ask that people EFT them the money direct.

Nice and easy that way. We only ask that if you enter you agree to pay up at the seasons end.

Welcome aboard!
by Booney
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |