Search found 43 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

vics01 wrote:
I hear on the grapevine that the SFL are considering Noarlungas request for 21 player points for this season due to the number of players leaving ??

Shoe Boy
Not correct Vics!
Noarlunga has asked the league to review the points for 2014 as has a number of clubs but no numbers discussed.

Smoke and mirrors Shoe Boy.. I believe the clubs will be told on Wednesday that Noarlunga have 21 points for season 2014.. If this is the case the people who made this decision SHOULD hang their heads in SHAME.

The APPS were not designed to give a club finals appearances on a platter. I have had a crack at MParks in the last couple of years and although not agreeing with everything they got. At least it was for somewhat the right reason NO JUNIORS. Noarlunga are not in this position.

So the Shoes lose a few players this season well suck it up you are not the only club to lose players....Having had strong reserves and juniors you should be ok after blooding a few for a couple of years.

Lets hope on Tuesday night at the SFL board meeting common sense prevails and this decision is reversed for the sake of the integrity of the league.

Come on General show some leadership..
by vics01
Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DTH I know that everyone DTH in Latte land thinks that Hackham Grammar is at 1 peter brown drive north field, however you might be in for a surprise in the coming years..

Maybe instead of shafting club footy the effort should go into tackling the colleges through the SANFL .. EG College play during school time, real football played at clubs on weekends..

From what you are saying even in an under 17 comp we wont see the best come back until the SANFL u 16 comp is finished in May
by vics01
Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OMM
His old man is the Chief Purchasing Officer @ Hackham

Go to have a laugh when I see the $$$$$$$hoes make such comments
by vics01
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

do not blame Noarlunga good on them for asking the SFL and recruiting well but it is piss weak by the SFL to allocate the extra points based on the fact that Noarlunga lost some players. Every club loses players at one point in time and you just need to play your kids and rebuild. The SFL panicked and allocated points and now Noarlunga look like one of the genuine contenders in 2014.

So 11 juniors from the Shoe played A grade on the w/end and 15x in the B grade.

And just to clarify NFC did not request extra points!! All clubs would of received an email detailing player lists for 2014. [/quote]

Yep Santa came early down the river
by vics01
Mon May 19, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

afc978

mate you need to get a life and a sense of humour..
by vics01
Fri May 23, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

DUTCHY
Interesting reading match reports on the HVFC website -> http://hvfc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2 ... 31+May.pdf

Over the top or do most clubs do this type of public report with scores, goal kickers and assessment of the opposition?

It appears a couple of the coaches maybe trying to live out their playing days and dreams.

A little over the top for Mini's football I would have thought.. I wonder if you went and asked an Under 10 what a defensive or offensive spread was what look you would get?? Maybe just developing the skills of kick, catch, handball etc is the way to go at this level..

We kept a team scoreless while we kicked 20 goals.. What the the kids from either team learn from this??

Next one takes the cake though..

U12 Black –
Happy Valley Black (81) def Cove Red (2)

This week we travelled to Cove on another perfect day, it was a nice change to play here in something other than gale
force winds or driving rain! Our midfielders worked tirelessly for the whole game yet again which was fantastic to see.
When Cove did get it down their scoring end our defense did a great job at repelling their attacks everytime. With
Coves frustrations building they started to deliver the nastiness we were expecting but to our boys credit they didn’t let
any of their antics get to them and just stuck to our game plan and the quality level of football they have shown week in
week out and stuck to punishing them on the scoreboard. The last quarter we decided to turn the team on its head and
give everyone different roles and we found that worked too, it didn’t matter where we put people they all kept up the
same intensity as if they were in their preferred positions. This also shows in the amount of goalkickers this week, both
in the first time scorers and the regulars. I would like to mention that I am so proud of the way our boys didn’t sink to
Coves level and get involved in the behaviour they displayed, Well done boys!!

Beside the fact this should not even be for public consumption at this level of footy.. One should never throw stones.

Maybe stick to the positives of your team and club leaving the vitriol in the rooms.
by vics01
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

Yep they are recognised in their own little school boy world.. SHC do nothing to develop the kids.. Clubs do and SHC claim kudo's for others work.. Sorry to say it as it may burst a bubble but SANFL footy is a bit more serious and important in development than school boy footy.
by vics01
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only during school holidays.. As school boy footy has precedence.. Play games away until school holidays. Great family atmosphere going to a pub
by vics01
Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edwardstown Football Club

What has been become of this once great club?? It would appear that they have become a bunch of SOOKS.

In the game against Hackham a fortnight ago a bit of a Ruckus happens the UMPIRE yellow cards a player from Hackham for as he described it ATTEMPTING to Strike. The Edwardstown leader not happy with this wants to take it further and asks his club to lodge a club report for striking.

So off to the tribunal everybody heads.. Poor little Edwardstown leader breaks down sobbing at how this affected him.. Result 2 weeks suspension for the Hackham player.

When you start to throw stones in incidents like this you really want to be forever well behaved as a club and playing group eventually you will be bitten on the butt!!

Maybe Edwardstown should combine with Sacred Heart then they could all be little boys playing together away from the real men of football.

Did the said leader suffer?? No played on and played again the next week..

Must have been pretty serious!!

One can imagine all the little perceived biffs and bumps that could be reported in a game if we all head down this track there would be nobody left to play after some games..

Just a sign of the times and society we are living in SPINELESS at times
by vics01
Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting weekend of footy coming up.. Having a look on sportsbet I see you can bet on community leagues in Victoria would love to have a crack here would be dropping a couple of dollars on the Bombers as a smokey. (yes DTH is hurts to say it)
by vics01
Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

STRAIGHT LINE

You both seem to have a personal beef with Clifton. i wonder if you would speak face to face with him the same way? At a guess I would say NO.

What has Clifton done wrong at Hackham?

Yes I must declare Clifton and I have had our differences about his recruiting practices, however he is trying to lift a club out of the pits and he has done pretty well.

He went to coach a club that was on it's knees and has not taken a cent from the club. He coaches for nothing, coaches Mini's runs boundary and water duties for the Junior sides on a Saturday morning.. Uses his own money much to the aggravation of his wife to help out players who are struggling. Collects players and brings them to training and games then takes them home. yep I can that would make him a KNOB?

He has bought some good people to club who are actually CLUB people first and foremost. Farrugia who Clifton got to the club has worked extremely hard to get the 16/18 up and running with Clifton given an even break they just might build enough to sustain the club for a few years.

You blokes sit and fire at them go down and tel them SL.. I have told Clifton in the past but I respect him as a coach and what he is trying to do.

Not everybody agrees with him but that is life.

you want to start naming players leaving that happens at every club.. Some are leaving because they have been offered silly amounts of money to play b grade footy in the Hills Country comp.

BOLLENHAGEN - A poison to any club and good luck to the club they wind up at.. The superstar and his dad undermined Clifton and other coaches and support staff at every turn because Dad wanted to Coach. Thought they were bigger than the club.

Aside from the silly amounts of money some of the others just did not want to conform to what was wanted by Clifton or the other KNOBS at the club (LUKE)

SL I have seen who has gone and bugger me what an ungrateful bunch of modern day footballers.
by vics01
Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BFG
Was informed last night our trial next weekend against Hackham has been scrapped due to lack of numbers on their part. Wasn't going to be a strict A's and B's trial I don't think so im quite surprised in march a month out from the first game that they would struggle to find 25 blokes to fill a side? Might be a long year for the hawks

Hawks have good numbers. New coach did not want more than 1 trial game.. Which is locked in for 21st March..
by vics01
Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jet Airport
The SFL have called an emergency AGM for Wednesday night after the shoes loss on the weekend. The are expected to allocate them as many points as they need to ensure 10 goal thrashings don't happen again.

Shoe boy would have that amount each week in the console of his car wouldn't he ;) :D

Not sure if the horticulturalist at Noarlunga has had such a good year??

I am sure the shoes will find some way to get around their points problem maybe they could rewrite their constitution and gain a new life member or 2?? ;)
by vics01
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you are not convinced?? If kids cannot play with their mates they will go elsewhere. Have a look in E/town backyard.. Before you tell me I have NFI.. I have 2 nephews (unfortunately) playing at E/town juniors. It is a mind set I want to play with my friends.. Not where some old bugger tells me I should be playing..
by vics01
Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Qualified by being named in a game he did not play in.. I also note in the forfeit by OSB in round 16 they named 22 yet weeks either side could only muster 15/16. Wonder when OSB notified of the Forfeit? and how many were playing college and not at MP in any case.. the Word CHEATING comes to mind.. A few other clubs have been penalised and heavily fined for this in the past. I also note the question has been posed on the SFL FB page and basically nothing will be done. How asking the club to fess up. Not fair on the boys from other clubs who did the right thing all year.
by vics01
Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Do have to a bit of a giggle about the complaints of afl (Essendon) recruiting this late in the year.. It has never stopped SANFL clubs from taking what they like from community football clubs if they see what they like.
by vics01
Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DTH

Maybe you should move to Decaf Latte for a while!!
by vics01
Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HOT OFF THE PRESS FROM THE HAWKS:

Just to keep everyone in the loop there have been some un knowns writing on the footy forum we have closed the doors yes this was true the club doors were closed at 10pm sun and re opened 5pm Tues we will continue to close the doors every night and re open every day we are not folding as this forum would suggest but getting stronger daily and the doors will be open for many more generations .So if someone out there in the footy forum world thinks they know more than us please feel free to ring me any time day or night or visit me 'I'll be down the club with the doors wide open
by vics01
Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SFL on Channel 44

Adelaide is just one big country town.
by vics01
Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DTH this is an example of which you speak..
by vics01
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another great weekend of footy.

One game decided by 7 points....Next closest 80 points..

A very sad state of affairs.
by vics01
Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Bays played a good game and were able to add to their percentage!!!

South have been enjoying those pie floaters a little bit too much this winter.

Is Ron Fuller still with the MFS? Could be a chance to return to the Panfers???

Is Gotch in trouble???

When reaing that comment one word comes to mind regarding the author.... FLOG
by vics01
Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dutchy

CAN WE HAVE SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE ON??

More luck than skill.. Bet Morphett Vale are just wrapped to be fronting Hackham the week before finals commence?
by vics01
Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

I wonder about the legality of the stat dec. before the courts? Let alone the overload in the courts what the time frame would be to get something so insignificant as local footy before a court.. Where will the money come from for the CFL to put a matter before the Court? If they win all good and well if they lose the cost will be massive.. Integrity officer really??
by vics01
Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Re: New Clubs for 2017
Post by Down the Hill » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Divers wrote:
Have Brighton lost their Captain, and State player, to a rival sfl club?

Rumours of a number of Brighton players wanting to stay in sfl abound.

Were your first 2 posts as ill-informed as your 3rd post.

Th Beast has awoken... Look out SAAFL thread
by vics01
Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rosewater FC - Public Notice

Amateur footballer Adam Rumbelow ‘snapped’, punching umpire in his 300th game because of work stress and back pain, court hears
Jordanna Schriever, The Advertiser
44 minutes ago
Subscriber only
AN amateur footballer blamed work stress and back pain for “snapping” and punching an umpire in a “vicious and cowardly” attack just seven minutes into his 300th game, a court has heard.

Rosewater Football Club player Adam Malen Rumbelow pleaded guilty to one aggravated count of assault at his first appearance in the Port Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday.

Rumbelow, of Alberton, punched veteran umpire Craig Trewartha after being yellow-carded during a match against Blackfriars Old Scholars at Rosewater on July 16 this year.

The court heard the 36-year old hurled abuse before breaking free from teammates restraining him and landed a single punch on umpire Craig Trewartha after a routine 25m penalty in the match’s opening term.

Adam Rumbelow. Picture: Tricia Watkinson.
In a victim impact statement read to the court, Mr Trewartha described being attacked from behind.

“He shook free from his minders without any warning or provocation punched me viciously from behind in a cowardly one-punch attack,” the umpire said.

“You exploded my face for no good reason. I spent two weeks in pain.

“I do not understand why someone would inflict such pain on an innocent victim for no good reason in such a cowardly way,” he said in the statement.

Before the incident, Mr Trewartha described how he would “spring out of bed and look forward to the game” each Saturday during winter.

“I take umpiring seriously ... I feel like I am making a difference.”

The court heard Mr Trewartha suffered sleeping problems and flashbacks in the weeks after the attack.

Injuries sustained by football umpire Craig Trewartha.
Rumbelow’s lawyer, Stacey Carter, said the former club captain and coach had endured more than a decade of significant pressure and stress while working for a large electrical appliance company before resigning in 2014.

Ms Carter said that stress was compounded by a back problem resulting in “unbearable back pain on the day of his 300th game”.

“Rumbelow remembers seeing the yellow card but has very little memory of the incident itself. He admits that he simply snapped,” she said.

“This game was so important to him ... and he really wanted to play despite the fact he knew physically he was in agony.”

Ms Carter read a letter of apology Rumbelow sent to the SA Amateur Football League four days after the assault which she said demonstrated his sincere remorse and regret.

“I can only sincerely apologise ... I can only hope this doesn’t impact permanently on your enjoyment of being involved (in football),” Rumbelow wrote.

Magistrate Kym Millard convicted Rumbelow and imposed a two-year good-behaviour bond.

“People with pressure and stress everyday get out on the sporting field and none of them do such a thing to take out their frustration,” Mr Millard said.

“The community just can’t tolerate situations where loss of control result in unprovoked, unprecedented attacks on an umpire.”

Rumbelow, who has been banned from playing for 20 years, declined to comment outside court.
by vics01
Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Messenger this week.. six of eight SANFL teams have shown an interest in this PC experiment.. Six SANFL clubs posted financial losses this year.

Norwood suggest the SANFL will hand about 10K to clubs to finance the comp.

Adam Kelly says 4 licences will be issued by the end of the month.. So while we have a PC AFL Gilligan feel good exercise the real deal men's comp. is constrained by financial pressures.. Eventually the AFL/SANFL will ruin the breeding grounds of real football just to feel goo about this nothing comp.

Norwood say 48% of their supporters are female, this does not mean they want to participate or watch this PC exercise... Fantasia why does it make sense to have woman's footy? How many of these supporters go along and watch woman's footy now? bout the same number that watch men's netball I would imagine.

If the SANFL have 40k plus to throw around maybe they should spend it on the product which really does develop the future..
by vics01
Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SB
Give the game away?
I would of thought they just follow the natural progression to play the next level and aspire to play at the highest level possible.

As for under 21 , why not 25 then mum , dad , nanna and poppa will be happy. ;)

Unfortunately SB there are a lot of Soft C**** these days who have been told by their parent for the last 17 or 18 years "You don't have to do that, everybody is a winner"

Not sense of having to achieve.
by vics01
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Don't all the dish lickers play at Angle Park on Thursday night?
by vics01
Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Notice the mercenary brigade is heading to Waikerie!! pay money I will come but will not return anything to the club who funds me..
by vics01
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

To satisfy the SAAFL sooks the cap is in place. Those in the city fail to see without the Bush comps football will die.
by vics01
Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

More evidence that Gilligan and Co. will eventually kill off football. Gilligan and Co. have NFI about any football outside the AFL, such an attitude will kill off the game.
by vics01
Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Saw this on fox footy site today had to laugh..

Thought it appropriate Channel 7 had a cooking show on after the footy.. "You have your fun now get back to the kitchen"
by vics01
Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Coaching Appointments for 2018

Must have voted yes
by vics01
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 fixture

I'm really hopeful that the SANFL will soon run with this as a more regular program - having the women's games prior to the senior matches.
I think that would be a bit visionary, plus it will help to build a strong community around SANFL clubs.

Ressies play when??

Woman as a curtain raiser to the 16's would more appropriate for the standard.
by vics01
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Because Gilligan would rather throw money at LBGTI football
by vics01
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 fixture

Or maybe the Ammo's should be Sundays so as to not clash with the better standard of footy??
by vics01
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

CENTRAL District coach Roy Laird’s fears for the future of the state league have been revealed in a passionate letter to the club’s board.

The highly respected seven-times premiership coach used the letter to lament the declining reputation of the league as well as the lack of urgency among the decision makers.

Laird is also concerned the rich history of the competition is being lost amid the huge success of the AFL.

Central coach Roy Laird at the quarter time break.
Such was the impact of the letter on the Bulldogs’ board, it was forwarded to the SANFL commission as well as all the club directors and chief executives.

“The lack of urgency with the current plight of the SANFL is eating at me!” Laird wrote. “This treasured and history filled competition that has given me and many others decades of

memories now sits perilously close to a point of no return.

“Clubs which once were the pinnacle of sporting prowess and community pride now solemnly reflect on what once was and stare blankly into a future of dwindling supporter groups and financial stress which if not arrested right now, inevitably could lead to the demise of one of our great ‘Football Clubs’.”

Laird admits there will be those who shrug off his thoughts as scaremongering and the coach being “way over the top”, but he noted the comments of Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett on the demise of traditional Tasmanian state league clubs in Burnie and Devonport.

Kennett said he was worried about the declining health of football in Tasmania and he laid that at the feet of the previous administrators and AFL quite firmly.

“I am an admirer of sport at its elite levels,” Laird said. “The corporate juggernaut and the success of AFL is the envy of all sporting codes in this country.

Play VideoPlay
Mute
0:00
/
0:14
Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%
Fullscreen

SANFL Rankine backflip
“Australian Rules Football would become an even more powerful force if second tier competitions felt they were a valued stakeholder in the game.

“At this critical junction in our SANFL landscape, those in positions of power must set agendas to one side and be uncompromised in their decision making. Our clubs must think outside the square in promoting and building new revenue streams, and our supporters must do as they always have, and follow their club in our ‘Tribal Wars’ and protect our glorious history and revitalise a great competition.”

LAIRD’S LETTER
The lack of urgency with the current plight of the SANFL is eating at me!

This treasured and history filled competition that has given me and many others decades of

memories now sits perilously close to a point of no return.

Clubs which once were the pinnacle of sporting prowess and community pride now solemnly reflect on what once was and stare blankly into a future of dwindling supporter groups and financial stress which if not arrested right now, inevitably could lead to the demise of one of our great ‘Football Clubs’.

Central coach Roy Laird has last minute instructions for his players.
‘Scaremongering, and way over the top Laird’, some will idly shrug off. Recently I took particular note of Jeff Kennett’s observations following the removal of 2 traditional Clubs in Burnie and Devonport from the Tasmanian State League. ‘I am worrying about the declining health of football in Tasmania and I lay that at the feet of previous administrators and AFL quite firmly’, he said. Sound Familiar?

Our Clubs’ foyers and hallways are littered with the photos and memorabilia of heroes of yesteryear.

The 1976 shots of Sturt’s Rick Davies sparked premiership over Port, the 1973 team photo with iconic Glenelg men in Kerley, Carey and Cornes, nostalgic 1978 images of the Wynne / Oatey clash and Norwood success and the achievements of the Mick Nunan led Roosters through the 80s and 90s.

I fear a fading appreciation for their and all our past heroes based on the decreasing level of interest and reduction in foot traffic through the doors of our traditional Clubs. What a sad day it would be should our ‘walk down memory lane’ be limited to a visit to the Adelaide Oval and SANFL Museum instead of an appreciation by supporters within our own Clubs.

I am an admirer of sport at its elite levels. The corporate juggernaut and the success of AFL is the envy of all sporting codes in this country. Australian Rules Football would become an even more powerful force if second tier competitions felt they were a valued stakeholder in the game and as a result also rallied behind the AFL competition. That is certainly not the thoughts of many within State Leagues as the strong grow stronger and others are left to fend for themselves, division and AFL sentiment will continue to grow.

Central coach Roy Laird at the quarter time break. Picture: TRICIA WATKINSON
Over the past decade, I have had a front row seat to the challenges, disappointments and mental illness of those who have been spat out of the AFL system or missed out on their dream of an AFL opportunity. This highlights the need for a strong 2nd tier competition for these people to feel relevant in their most exciting sporting years of their lives.

Due to the increasing differential in Salary Caps and falling crowd numbers, the mass exodus of players towards lower levels of football will continue increasing the rate of our overall demise.

At this critical junction in our SANFL landscape, those in positions of power must set agendas to one side and be uncompromised in their decision making. Our Clubs must think outside the square in promoting and building new revenue streams, and our supporters must do as they always have, and follow their Club in our ‘Tribal Wars’ and protect our glorious history and revitalise a great competition - ‘WE ARE PROUDLY SANFL’ – lets hope we continue to be!
by vics01
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL State Squad

How does Abe Davis not get a gig in the squad?
by vics01
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Government have said no crowds or gathering over 500 people.

SANFL have just advised come protocols for this weekends u16/Women games including individual bottled water for each player (no drink bottles), 2-3 minute break in the middle of each quarter, no shaking hands, no ice baths, no visitors in rooms, unlimited emergencies

No Shaking hands.. Tackling allowed??
by vics01
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

AFLW yes, a money drainer at the moment, not sure the SANFLW has the same issues, players don't get paid anywhere near AFLW players.

Surely they don't get paid a cent? Most local under 14 teams would beat them.

They bring no money in just stretch already stretched resources
by vics01
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find it interesting that the CFL has decreed players cannot be paid, but it appears umpires will be/ If this is correct makes a bit of a joke of all in this together..
by vics01
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1
Unread postby MW » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:16 pm

Yank Man wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Broadview 5th by my reckoning
Goodwood relegated

nope Broadies missed out by .3% on 5th TTGully remain 5th

Goodwood relegated

Broadies missed the 5 by less than 3 goals, ouch. Good year for them and a chance to build next year.

Goody Sts to Div 2, the first time ever in their history. Plus with the coach standing down this week they’d be feeling fairly down tonite.

Shouldnt be, their womens have just four-peated and elevated to div 1!

That is like saying your under 12 team got promoted.
by vics01
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |