Search found 47 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"

No one i know would hold any animosity towards Callinan, clearly there are things the Crows can offer him off field that will help him along the way.

But the structure that he operates under is untenable, you tell me how a quality, stand alone competition is enhanced by a system where the clubs are operating under 3 different sets of rules and conditions (SANFL clubs, Ravens, Port Magpies) thanks to an SANFL commission that hasn't had the courage or integrity to stick by it's own statements and past commitments.

The SANFL should not be sacrificed to the almighty AFL, just because of the massive power imbalance between the two.
by Ronnie
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ronnie Biggs dead at 84

dedja wrote:Villain or hero?

Well who gives a toss 'cause he's dead now.

Hasn't stopped the debate about Ned Kelly going for 130 odd years :D

As for Biggs, obviously no hero. Thought his wife maintained a certain dignity in a TV program recently despite having been treated like rubbish by old Ron.
by Ronnie
Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But these players aren't getting in on a talent basis. They're going to be getting league games to fill some holes in the AFL Reserves sides. Sure some of them might be okay league footballers, but they're obviously not the best on offer; their payments reflect this. Either way, they're not getting picked on talent.

This is why it would have been much better if the AFL Reserves teams were in the SANFL Reserves . Nobody would mind if hacks were getting games there. I know the SANFL isn't what it was pre-1990, but that doesn't justify giving players league games who haven't earned them. This is what people meant when they were talking about 'integrity'.

The SANFL shouldn't be a development league - that should be for the U/18s or Reserves. In my mind, as soon as it becomes about development, or 'giving guys a chance' at league level, the SANFL loses its integrity. These things are not consistent with winning at all costs.

Would've been the sane option, to protect the integrity of league football, and, to give the Crows essentially what they were after. But of course, under the brinkmanship of Trigg, it was a case, allegedly, of knicking off to the SAAFL instead of accepting the Reserves option!

I've got no time for the plastic Adelaide Football Club and what it represents, but even less for some of their supporters who abandoned the SANFL when the circus came to town. They know who they are. They should hang their heads in shame.
by Ronnie
Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Precious few people would support an SANFL team with undiluted passion and still have the time/passion to follow an AFL team with equal fervour. Those people exist but they're a tiny blip on the landscape. Certainly no one with work and/or family commitments.
I'm talking about people who actually attend week in week out whatever the weather etc to support their team as well as participate in other ways.

It's almost always one team that takes priority over the other, even if most do profess a following of two teams in two different comps. For practical and emotional reasons it doesn't happen with equal commitment.
by Ronnie
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The Crows= arrogance on a plate.
by Ronnie
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

It's lamentable that a state jumper has been appropriated by a club for it's own ends. As has been pointed out we will have the peverse situation where a section of the state will be supporting the opposition at that match.

The line between state and club should never have been crossed, the Crows, in their hubris, have made a massive mistake.

It's only when you look at the people in charge at the Crows, all with their personality deficits, it starts to make sense.

But the Crows have always tried too hard to manufacture a heritage, possibly to take away the focus from the fact that they are a 23 year old club, a minnow really. It's a pity that the state jumper has been caught up in their juvenile campaiging.
by Ronnie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

None of those conservatives will switch sides even if they vote to do the right thing. The fact they tony Abbott is effectively looking her sister in the eye and saying fk you I am better than you is deplorable

I'm glad everything in life is so simple for you, your values never get challenged?

I daresay that Abbott is questioning his views on this issue, given what his sister has confirmed. Whether he changes his stance on the issue remains to be seen.
I think it's bulldust to pretend that it's goodies on one side, baddies on the other, regarding attitudes to gay marriage. Barely twenty years ago the idea was a joke, it wasn't spoken of in the 50's, 60's etc. Are we better Australians than the generations that grew up in those era's? I highly doubt it, but a large body of people seem to think, with a fair degree of moral vanity, that the fashionable, 2014 version is all so superior, and if you dare worry about the traditional family unit your some kind of dinosaur, or far worse. Sometimes, decent people exist on both sides of a debate, believe it or not.
by Ronnie
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I was at Unley on Saturday and the Crows' crowd was minimal, dwarfed by double blue. That is undeniable. Those that were there were almost apologetically quiet. Even a half respectable turn out of crow would've boosted the crowd into the 5000-7000 range.

Let's be realistic, if they won't turn up to an eastern suburbs venue on a superb, sunny afternoon on a weekend when their AFL side is interstate, god knows what contribution they'll make by mid winter.
by Ronnie
Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

bennymacca wrote:Guessing it was moved to give westies an extra days break?

or to give you a chance to see Centrals play :lol:
by Ronnie
Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt - Post Match wrap up

But it does beg the question, how good is "Buddha" Hocking? Is it too early to tell or is it such a bastard system that no one thinks it's a question worth answering or even a legitimate question at all? Strange times in SANFL.
by Ronnie
Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

The Crows turned football park into a haven for louts, drop kicks, and general abusers of anybody who dared to turn up in opposition colours.
Now we have Trigg imploring them to not take that behaviour with them to Adelaide Oval.
It's more than a bit rich for them to turn around now and complain about their reception in the SANFL.
by Ronnie
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.
by Ronnie
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Sturt v North @ P.Motely Oval (Sat 2/5)

Unley Oval looking a lot better with the picket fence now circling the oval. Point of interest too with a number of the pickets now with small "naming' plaques on them. A number of ex players, a lot of familiar family names too. Captures some of the heritage of the club. Plenty of gates too for the residents who think a small fence was too big a concession to make.
by Ronnie
Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Just saw this posted on Facebook by a Port supported in response to a post made by a Sturt supporter, why do Port not get the same kind of criticism that Adelaide do?

"I watched our reserves beat your A grade the other week; I realised how grateful I should be that my club has moved beyond the second-rate feeder league that the SANFL is."
I think you should remind the moron that far from moving beyond it, his club recently joined the second rate feeder league when they entered their bloody reserves team in it!
You can also tell him if he really does wish to move beyond it, then good luck finding another second rate feeder league to accept his idiot filled reserves side which seems to have trouble understanding which comp it is in.
The internet, providing a podium for retards since its creation.

There are many honourable exceptions but there is a sub set of Port supporters who are viciously anti SANFL. Apparently the SANFL is to blame for all their ills and they feed off that.
Never mind that when the going got tough in the Primus years so many of them jumped ship quicker than they could belt out NTUA.
For many years it was the easiest thing in the world to say you followed Port, when finals came around year after year and there were always teams like Woodville to beat up on.
In the AFL they experienced hardship in a football sense for the first time in their lives and their instinct was to cut and run. A rancid lot.
by Ronnie
Mon May 25, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 - Adelaide v Sturt @ Thebby

Conlon makes it sounds like he's going to watch his grandkids play on opposing teams in an under 8's match or similar. Self parody it has to be.
Wishful thinking, Ronnie. I'm not sure Mr Postcards possesses that degree of irony, given he's a dyed-in-the-wool Crows fan. He's just demonstrating with saying it outright that he's not really that much of a Sturt fan anymore. A real Sturt fan would support Sturt at all costs.

No doubt, exactly like my neighbor. He would also be able to tell me that a Crows-Sturt game is a win win situation. He would be the same vintage as Conlon too, and saw the Sturt glory years, basked in the glow. He's free to spend his time as he likes of course, but I'm also free to think of him as a disloyal w**ker ;) If the Crows ever really stink, I wouldn't be surprised if he buggered off again...
by Ronnie
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Chiropractors calling themselves "Doctors".
by Ronnie
Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Australia Day date be changed?

Leave as is, although of course there are other dates that could be used. But this one has been recognized for a long time.
Shouldn't be a day of triumphalism, but a day of thanks that we live in a country still incredibly well placed by world standards. Lucky to have a British heritage, but one that has been built on by various groups over many years. Understand though the issue of indigenous dispossession.
by Ronnie
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Australia Day date be changed?

Most people don't handle criticism well. But most people don't criticise well. Engaging someone thoughtfully to confront a flaw can easily feel like a personal attack.

A perceived flaw perhaps, just because one person's opinion on something differs to another doesn't necessarily make it a fact or flaw. It's just that, an opinion.

"People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Opinions are usually very revealing.

Sure, but what happens when good people disagree on issues? You can't reduce everything to a good v bad scenario.

Good people disagree on a whole range of issues, it doesn't make them morally inferior if they disagree with your view of the world.
The worst thing that can happen is if you think that everyone that disagrees with your is somehow a lesser being, for holding contrary views. Your set for a massive fall somewhere along the line if you go around thinking you know best. You don't , no one does.
by Ronnie
Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Crows members are not allowed to attend their AGM.

The team for no South Australians!

Seems to work ok, if you accept your football club is actually not really a football club ;)
by Ronnie
Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes I think Russell is on board with the set up now.

The mindset has changed with a few people. KT did his best work I believe.
by Ronnie
Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Dutchy"]Can anyone tell me if the Crows are visiting zoned schools in the week leading up to their game against SANFL clubs as promised? ive seen no evidence of this.

Even Rucci has said that this isn't happening. Whether SANFL clubs themselves don't want this to happen I don't know. But you would think school visits in the lead up to a game at the local SANFL venue would be beneficial.

Anyone who enters into a contract or agreement should surely be measuring these undertakings. But like a lot of people on here I suspect the SANFL just thinks it's all academic anyway.

The trends are there if the SANFL want to act on them. The AFL is slowly disappearing off free to air television, many people are simply not able to afford the serious money required to attend AFL games on a regular basis. The SANFL should be perfectly placed to offer a serious alternative that is sustainable and that the fan, for moderate financial commitment, has a real connection to, watching players that are more accessible to them.
by Ronnie
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13

OK, my tips for this week, FWIW:

WWT and Sturt on Sunday is a GF preview, hard to go past the Iggles at home but Sturt will give them a run for their money, especially with Aiden Riley back in. As a consequence the Iggles will gain a useless psychological advantage for the finals.

The POSAs should knock off the resurgent Westies, especially with the return of 'Crows ball magnet' Scott Thompson (if he's such a ball magnet, why isn't he still in their AFL side?).

The Bays to pip Soufs at their home ground in a tight encounter. The knives will come out and the Panthers move one step closer to apostasy for Buddha.

The Never Tear Us Aparts will probably do that to Centrals. Butcher to cop some mild abuse from a young teenager in an Port jumper...could be on or off the field, hard to tell at this stage.

Norwood can pick their own margin against North. If they're smart they'll wait until 'lemon time' to turn up at the ground and do enough to win by simply walking onto the oval and gently gesturing in the direction of the footy. Also, Leigh Ryswyk to enjoy his own personal mid-season break interstate, the club will advise when his testimonial slide-show evening will be held in due course.

An alarming thought! If it gets to that point then 'Buddha' may start to grow his hair long and sport a longish beard whilst wearing a long robe and sandals. His magnetic boards will be discarded, to be replaced by stone tablets with player names etched onto them. His assistant coaches will be renamed Peter, Paul etc, you get the drift...
South to beat Glenelg in a close one, though Glenelg at home are usually very tough, they seemed to have lost a little zip since the beginning of the year.
by Ronnie
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well we've got no hope of promoting the SANFL with the insane media coverage for the AFL (or is it sponsorship these days?? ) . Last night watching the Channel 7 nightly news, the first story was about a homicide. A young man lost his life and Police are investigating. The second story was, lo and behold, Eddie Betts has had an appendix operation, a relatively straightforward procedure these days. The roving reporter stood outside the hospital and gave the solemn news. Stories like serious claims about ambulance shortages came later. Maybe we really are an odd town.
by Ronnie
Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District coach Roy Laird to coach again in 2018

He's got some credits to his name hence surviving some ordinary results of late. Every time I see the Dogs they have that full on commitment every supporter loves to see. Not much commented on but Dog's juniors have for most of his tenure been very ordinary. That can't help him.
by Ronnie
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Dutchy wrote:What RMFL club?

I think Imperials
by Ronnie
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I have a fair bit of time for Graham through some personal dealings but as for Chad and Kane, someone said something about petulance? Spot on there :lol: Massive dose of it.
by Ronnie
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAFC "Football Department Review"

These Master Plans are great but if they're too grand and expensive they just don't see the light of day in Adelaide. Usually if anything happens it is around the 4-7 mill mark like Prospect, Cambelltown, proposed Norwood and Unley Oval plans.
by Ronnie
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

A football club without club rooms is the real issue. I assume they are biding their time for a move when they are able to do so.
by Ronnie
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

Thanks for the insight goddy
No doubt, in terms of win-loss, the merger itself has been a huge success.
I have connections to Sturt. That is a club that has seen some extreme lows and extreme highs and hasn't been consigned to history only because of some generous support and the unlikely outcome which saw the club get back to Unley Oval. But for all clubs now it is hard yakka to try and keep the comp in some sort of viable state. There is no easy solution either.
by Ronnie
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of our Universities will surely start up a course, Critical Port theory. Exploring the structural deficits of the code of Australian Rules Football and how the code, at all levels, is set up to perpetuate injustices against people of Port background. Visiting Professor will be Dr David Koch (honorary doctorate in Media work and financial planning). The course will probably be run out of Sydney, as Koch would not want to spend too much time in a Port postcode.
by Ronnie
Mon May 17, 2021 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Thankfully Kirkwood chose to stay in the SANFL, as I believe he was seriously looking at a move to Victoria when the Magpies were ended by the stoke of a pen. Certainly has been outstanding at Sturt, will be part of their all time greats now which is a fair effort. Hope he pursues coaching.
by Ronnie
Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

Surely retiring.

Why at his age and where the Crows are at would he want to deal with the reintegration at the club, the inevitable boos, the constant reminders from the media.

Yeah he could come back kick a ton of goals and go out on a better note but nothing he does from now forward will make those forgot about the racial incident.

I'm sure the Crows aren't there with open arms either, for good reason they distanced themselves in the initial press conference and the club would have to be thinking do they need this added pressure to the playing group. Can you imagine next years first round draft pick in his first press conference being asked what the 'culture' 'relationships/friendships' are like at the crows with Walker now back. Its just a distraction a young playing group doesn't need.

Sometimes you need to stand by people, not abandon them, even if it is hard. I'm sure most of us have seen friends, basically good people, do the wrong thing, and people can melt away pretty quickly from their side. But it's part of the human condition, that people can stuff up.
That of course depends on whether or not Walker is remorseful and ready to go again and recognizes what has gone on here.
All of us may need to see a way back from a dark spot at some point in our lives. If you close that off then I can't see that helps anyone.
by Ronnie
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Hayes should've gone in the regular draft. Bus as I've said before, all AFL clubs have a bias or blind spot when it comes to mature agers like Hayes. Instead, a speculative pick on some kid is deemed somehow the more sensible use. Hayes is speculative too to some degree but is proven at a senior level. no way known given professional training he wouldn't be better than a number already on AFL lists.
by Ronnie
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 Sturt vs Dogs Wigan Oval Sunday 2:10

What Sturt do do well is develop their own and produce league players out of their system because recruiting has been very low key for a few years now. Challenge is will this approach be good enough to go against the likes of Eagles and Glenelg who supplement their lists with quality recruits year after year. Apart from Tom Lewis who I think skipped Reserves football most of them (Illman, Coomblas, Grivell, Voss etc) spent at least a year or two playing reserves football. It must be a reasonable environment as well to keep them there as even Penfold, a fringe player is still running around for Sturt and I remember him playing reserves footy back in 2014!
by Ronnie
Tue May 10, 2022 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sheeds is getting worse, more in tune with the martians that earthlings I think these days...
Met him a couple of times, lovely guy. Takes an interest in SANFL and teams like Sturt that he played against.
by Ronnie
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

All 3 brothers are worthwhile additions for Centrals. If i'm being a tad critical, Anzac appears to float around a bit and not apply much pressure. But overall good acquisitions. time will tell which club benefits most from their careers.
by Ronnie
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Almost a team in itself if you look at the number of Central's recruits. Now that is a lot to integrate in the one season and obviously will mean a number of existing players will be out the door. That might not be a bad thing, if you look at Centrals over the past 5 years they probably need a shake up. Like any club a number of these recruits will not play league footy, they'll play reserves for a while and then drift off. But if they can find a few for the future then it could set them up for the long term.
by Ronnie
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturt appeared to have improved their recruiting results, after a few quiet campaigns since 2016. Of course, recruiting will need to be judged in the rear view mirror, but on paper at least this off season has been a better one. Gives them a much better shot at genuinely contending again, not stuck mid table
by Ronnie
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Unfortunately for West Adelaide as with any SANFL who has a run of wooden spoons, they are in a rut which is hard to get out of.
This isn't the AFL with a draft, priority picks, and largesse from the AFL for struggling clubs.
As with Sturt during their horrendous run in the early 90's, recruits of quality dry up. Finances tighten, and your more susceptible to your best players getting poached. Brett Turner for one would make a big difference to Westies but he got lured by Glenelg. You end up with a team that is too inexperienced and not good enough to go the distance. They have to back in Hartlett and show they are heading in the right direction.
by Ronnie
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After years of very little being done, there has been a flurry of upgrades and proposed upgrades to all SANFL ovals in the last few years.
Good to see as some of the venues were looking very tired and not really in keeping with the status of the competition.
by Ronnie
Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

While nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems the Liberal party has a serious identity issue in terms of its core beliefs.

That is, main-stream conservatism is only appealing to people who have something to conserve. If you look at the rate of renters in what have traditionally been the bluest of blue liberal seats you will notice that they have expanded drastically over the last 3-4 decades. Fundamentally, if you don't have a significant ownership stake in the body polity a conservative approach is going to be less appealing. You have less to lose from a fundamental change in the system.

Further, in respect of some of the culture wars the orthodox "right" position would seem to be contrary to what would be put as a conservative position. Take for example anthropogenic climate change, a burkean view of climate change would suggest that we would take steps purely to mitigate risk (in that it might be real, it might not) particularly given the material risk would appear to be a significant change to the status quo.

Similarly, orthodox conservatism propounded primacy of the family unit outside of government obstruction. Most people accept that a traditional family unit can come in a significantly different way to which it might have in the 1950s by way of same-sex relationships. A burkean view would have been to embrace and strengthen the family unit, rather than to resist it.

Maybe there is a conservative case for same sex marriage and some expound it, but the bigger issue to me is that
conservatives basically didn't even fight for the conservation of the traditional family unit, didn't even try. The breakdown of the family unit is, in my opinion, the biggest crisis in western societies like ours. To point out the bleeding obvious is to invite scorn and accusations of being judgemental but it's time to start being a bit honest about our situation.
by Ronnie
Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 SOUTH VS STURT FLINDERS UNI STADIUM SATURDAY 27/5 2:1

The margin between a win and a loss in games like these is so slim. A tackle, smother, umpiring decision here or there. South matched Sturt in almost every aspect but couldn't get it done. Credit to Sturt, they hang tough and find a way, particularly after a poor start put them in trouble.
Brooksby still so important to South, very strong again. Not too late for South to salvage the season but will need to get going now.
Not many Kingstonians back at the club afterwards but it was good to see a couple and have a catch up. Palpable sense of gloom in the room which is understandable i guess, particularly with a few players nearing the end of their careers. I sense a lot was riding on this year.
by Ronnie
Mon May 29, 2023 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sheedy did say on the SEN interview that he felt some coaches stick around too long and it can be unfair on players to have one coach on their journey.
Geez, he's no Kenny Hinckley :)
by Ronnie
Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Central v Sturt

Just as an aside the Reserves match between 2 and 3 returned a result of 42 points to 33 in good conditions.
Some good defending but some diabolical ball use as well from both sides going forward.
by Ronnie
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

This is completely on Albo, it should have succeeded, but the complete lack of leadership on a number of fronts caused this outcome. Mistakes everywhere.
not arguing that. but this looks really bad.

It does look really bad, if you put up a referendum proposal and can't even get to 40% community support, then you would have to question why it was held in the first place. Clearly Albanese didn't think it mattered to try and build support, or to put some detail behind the proposal.
It's difficult to get referendums passed at the best of times, but this was diabolical on a number of fronts.

Get a decent leader like you said and this passes.
It was held because it needs to be done.

Dutton went the Trump route to garner no votes. Hateful and incorrect information and the majority of simple minded folk followed along...

Would like to state, that not all no voters are simple minded. But Dutton certainly appealed to that group

A tiny minority go in for hate, you could say the same thing about the yes campaign. A few of their public proponents weren't exactly all sweetness and light, Thomas Mayo for one.
I think it's a juvenile approach to say that hate wins because your side of the debate lost. The vast, vast majority of Australians make a judgement call and they found this particular proposal wanting. That's all, doesn't need to descend into a smear campaign.
by Ronnie
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

This is completely on Albo, it should have succeeded, but the complete lack of leadership on a number of fronts caused this outcome. Mistakes everywhere.
not arguing that. but this looks really bad.

It does look really bad, if you put up a referendum proposal and can't even get to 40% community support, then you would have to question why it was held in the first place. Clearly Albanese didn't think it mattered to try and build support, or to put some detail behind the proposal.
It's difficult to get referendums passed at the best of times, but this was diabolical on a number of fronts.
by Ronnie
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Brooksby has been one of the best SANFL players in the past 25 years. If he has retired, the club should say so publicly given it's March already.
Hopefully he can play on.
by Ronnie
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |