Search found 137 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Is that Former Central District Daniel Schell?
No Daniel has been a player at SW for a long time he then coached there B grade for 2 seasons before going and playing at eliz last season. Very good footy brain will be a very good senior coach, well done Ingle farm in giving this guy a chance will do well for the club. .
by Robran
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Rumour has it Daniel schell new coach of ingle farm will be very good for the club great stuff real good bloke..
by Robran
Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Sorry to burst your bubble tim aloisi has signed at Elizabeth
He had but changed his mind as the offer was way to good to refuse from sedan...
Good news for us other SAAFL Div 5 clubs then Robran!
Lol yeah im sure there a few teams now happy timmy has gone from eliz quality player massive lost for us but gives opportunitys for other guys to step up now and we move on.. will be very good for sedan if theres plenty of ball in there forward half is one of the best I have seen around goals thats for sure..well worth the money his on at sedan and some imo hope he can deliver the goods..
by Robran
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

What a toss I heard marcus trethothic and the old open bowler who, s name escapes me are fuming with this, its my understanding thats both these guys were diagnosed with this illness which has such a sad affect on there lives and u have this muppet using it as a excuse because he was scared and a weak individual... also heard dont think he welcome back in the english rooms nor should he be imo.
by Robran
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Eliz vs Trinity at trinity B grade 3.15 A grade twilight starts 5.15...
by Robran
Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Eags by 10 over cbocc well done to Lutheran ova clg
by Robran
Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweet big show what time does past players day start see if I can get there;-). .Will be a great day for the blodge club always very well organised.
by Robran
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Game over

CLG 17.9
EFC 14.18

Wow, bad kicking is bad footy. Well done zed and the Lions, onwards and upwards. :)

thanks yankman..Elizabeth were excellent, played their hearts out and would have been worthy winners..a great game to watch and be involved in..both clubs should be very happy with their players efforts today..

Well done to clg today well deserved I will say zedman is a great bloke to go out of his way to come say gday is a credit to the man.. to my boys we played our guts out and hopefully next week we can bounce back..
by Robran
Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone want to make my Friday a bit more interesting at work by compiling a Div 5 Team of the Year? I'm sure there will be many points of conjecture.

Okay... so no takers??? Well fortunately I have taken the first-step and pardon my biased selections and I may have a few positions out of place, but it is a rolling team and happy for feedback (rather than direct criticism ;) ).

Division 5 Team of the Year

FOLLOWERS
Shaw (NHFC)
Francis (CLG)
Newman (WOS)

FF Lipson (NHFC) Harvey (CLG) Bamford (GFC)

HF Cree (PH) Reed (NHFC) Payne (EFC)

C Bennett (CLG) Olszewski (EFC) Power (Hills)

HB Koenig (ALFC) Abbott (EFC) Marshall (CLG)

FB Kildea (WOS) Mooney (NHFC) Bowden (CBOC)

INTERCHANGE
Peters (TOS)
Summerton (NHFC)
Puccini (CBOC)
Spry (GFC)

I think it looks pretty bloody good the one for me would be abbott never played a game at chb imo he is the best wingman from this grade this year and easily the quickest.. but overall think ya on the money.. also good luck to the clg and wos boys this week bloody jealous of you blokes great time to be playing footy..
by Robran
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:Elizabeth advertising for new coach? Where has Carey gone?

Have gone nowhere its in the constitution as it is for most clubs..
by Robran
Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players taken in PSD/Rookie Drafts

According to http://www.afl.com there's some whispers around that Gold Coast are interested in Josh Glenn

He got a phone call 5 mins after the national draft and told he will be selected by GC as a rookie hope the kid can does the right thing and sticks to it and has a real go not everyday u get things handed to u on a gold platter.. massive chance to become a elite AFL player and have his life changed for eva.
by Robran
Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Shane Hanson has signed at para hills.

That's a massive pick up for the Big Reds!!! They are certainly looking the goods atm
Flag favorites with CLG i would think...... ;)

I wouldn't count out Elizabeth though either. Payney quietly going about his business........Webber is a massive pick up for the Eagles. Will kick a heap of goals next year.

As u know Hbf webber will be handy but one player want get u the chocolates week and week out now will they... we have recruited very well to date and still have our eye on a couple of others that will hopefully join the club.. must say dont think I have ever been so excited for a season to begin. Best of luck with your new journey as well..
by Robran
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CONFIRMED Trial games 2015

Thanks to michael and the boys from hope valley today for the hitout.. best of luck for the 2015 season.
by Robran
Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

BL will need more than a few players returning to the club to be top 3.
Don't rate them??

There's 2 things I know. How to piss woman off and Football. I watched both Brahma v Houghton today then ventured to Gumeraca the watch Smithfield v Gums and my assessment is simple. Smithfield are even better than I thought they were. Super quick, Super skilful and beat Gums by plenty. With at least 5-6 that I know of out. Brahma were nearly full strength and got done by a div 7 side.

High lights what I've been saying for ages, It's Smithfield (Daylight) then a very even 4 teams behind them in order for mine West Croydon, Trinity, Lockleys then Brahma.

I'm with Tomo. Brahma to struggle. Smithfield dominators

Cmon carey now you had no hickey,huitema,gatto,goldsmith,newchurch??plus the gun himself dutchy plus prob another 6 first choice A grade players missing also heard big signing in joss denglese is a older guy but knows how to find the footy, lodge to finish top 3 easily..
by Robran
Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

I did tell you all that earlier,so it is back to a north haven v hopevalley grand final then.duggan is a classy footballer.best user of the ball in div4.

doubt he is the best user of the ball in div 4
Would be right up there as the best user of the pill. and a fit duggan would be in the top 5 players in this div..
by Robran
Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Im not sure if i missed something but was that worsfold yestie in crows colours and if so wat is his role???
by Robran
Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

The Tea Tree Gully Runner in 8 Reserves on the weekend seemed to take this one step further and had a two way radio out on the ground with him that seemed to be relaying messages from the coaches!
Haha! I've often thought about doing that lol
I did this is 2008 got away with it until later in the season until I think it was athelstone that made a complaint so rang head quaters and they said it's a big no no was good until then ,the runner loved it...
by Robran
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Dogwatcher wrote:Wow - Westfields! There's a blast from the past.

Fair to say we r showing our age
by Robran
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Just a sad day for not only adelaide F.c but the footy community why why why it's a absolute tragedy.. Rip Phillip Walsh.
by Robran
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your clubs awards?

zedman wrote:our emphasis this year was on putting money into awards rather than player payments..
BOG gets $200, 2nd gets $100 and 3rd gets $50 etc etc..

Wow wouldn't mind that at our club for awards we get what your 3rd player gets for our whole awards...
by Robran
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Good luck to all teams today jealous not to be still going on the best 4 teams for the year rightfully are playing each other..

Clg vs blackfriars- will be a good contest but for me clg over the last month seemed to really hit there straps ( apart from there loss to PH with quite a few missing) some very dangerous players and both sides very even all over the ground emett wood needs to be stopped from running free from the back half and he is there link up player very dangerous by foot.. Nice even spread at the blacks the team works so hard for each other that's why they finished top because every player knows there role within the team, will be a belter.
Clg by 4 goals

PH vs CBOCC- Cbocc surprised us last week they got out the blocks and just went on with it no passangers in there side I would have been happy if I was there coach last week as 22 players contributed to there easy win which is a great sign this time of year, PH are a bit up and down at times when there up and about there arguably the best team in div 5 so many match winners in there forward 50 they have the ability to hurt the opposition in real quick time, Powell is a key for them his work rate around stoppages is classy wins a lot of footy and gets his team mates involved, I query PH back half if u get them early then panic may set in and cbocc may be able to get them early with score board pressure,but saying this I think PH have more match winners specially there key forwards get the ball into Hansen and co they hit the score board early think she will be hard for cbocc to get into the game..
Para hills by 6+ goals

Again well done to the teams and good luck today..
by Robran
Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1, 2015 AFL Finals Series

Yeah f&ck yeah hawks YOUR NEXT lol
by Robran
Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 All Australian Squad

Well f&ck me reiwoldt really u r frigin kidding me...
by Robran
Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Not sure where to put it but have it on pretty good authority Josh Glenn has walked out on the Gold Coast and is quitting the AFL and playing in the Barossa next season

One poster on here will most definitely know the answer
Sure has and most possibly be playing in barrossa next year .. Absolute waste of talent. But I'm not sure he cares to much of what people think could be something he regrets Later in life I for one would of loved the opportunity he was given.
by Robran
Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Ex eliz B grade coach Danny Walton announced as united's B grade coach for season 2016 very good get will be a good fit for the club , will bring some very handy B grade players with him as well good luck to him in his new journey out of the saafl.
by Robran
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Josh Glenn has signed at Willaston
And they offer from centrals Sanfl was a real nice offer,from the afl to the barrossa just like that..

Strange,

I know your close to Josh but it seems when it comes to sport Josh just isnt willing to put in any real hard work outside of gameday.

Its a shame because he has more skill in his little toe than most of us in our entire body.

Alot of us would give our left net to have the chances he has had at a variety of sport.

Just an observation is that he seems to chop and change his mind alot and tends to have alot of falling out with people.
I'm not that close to him mate, and everything u have written above I totally agree with. Just a absolute waste of talent . I watch kids that bust there ass off to play at the highest level (Sanfl )some never get the chance to play league not one game but they work there ass off 4 to 5 nights a week to play ressies then u have young josh world at his feet on a silver platter if u will and basically can't be f&cked.. Sad would have loved what he was given at 20 years old..
by Robran
Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Gums started pre season last night any news on any recruits other than the rumour of dyl McIver returning from Elizabeth and mansells services not being retained?
3 big recruits from eliz in Mciver ,olewenski and Taylor very handy players.
Mciver top 3 finish B&F and capt this year
Ollie B&F 2014 and r/u 2015
Taylor B&F 2015
Mciver and Ollie very good mids both have good strengths and can go forward and hit the scoreboard.
Taylor smart around goals great work rate and so strong it ain't funny.
Donners would be happy to have these aboard.
by Robran
Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..
by Robran
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Well done, Dave Rogers, on your first win as A grade coach, as Elizabeth collected the points against Pultney on Saturday.
Would've been a nice boost as he headed off to H's 40th.
Good stuff, I really hope Dave gets through this season and then rebuilds for next season, he's a champion of a bloke and was a true gentleman and club stalwart on the field, I wish him all the success possible, he's had a tough initiation with a lack of resources but I'm sure he'll find the positives out of every game.
Great stuff Dave and the eagles...
by Robran
Mon May 23, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

or maybe it's just we are in an age where everyone is judgemental and shallow

Mate, back in my day If I had taken a photo of myself flexing my muscles in front of a mirror in the gym when I was 18 or 19 I would've been punched out before leaving the premises.
But u had a full goaty beard at 14 u didn't need muscles that was scary enough playing against u :D
by Robran
Thu May 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

big questions is would they beat a div 1 reserve side
by Robran
Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i heard you ate two of them zartan?
Heard Bellman did it every week and he was a dominant ruckman, so thought it might make me more like Bellman 8)
2 was standard for the big fella but normally late in the last he would come off cause the stomach cramps would kick in . But then if executive had some left at the end of the day and gave them out to the players bellman would be first in :-) man can eat.
by Robran
Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umpires are shocking with some of the votes dont they write down player numbers at the end of each quarter player can kick over 100 goals for the year and poll next to nothing take his goals away from Brahma Lodge they would have finished in the bottom half of the ladder he makes them a 5-6 goal better side
Blown away by timmy only receiving 3 votes..although knowing timmy he likes a chat, It's a mid fielders medal simple as that..
by Robran
Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:No shit sherlock, I was there ;)

So was I :D
by Robran
Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Corona Man wrote:
Robran wrote:Afl please allow sub rule just tonight so we can get Jenkins off

Nup **** that you **** can pay him 750k a year for the shit he dishes up!

Thanks
by Robran
Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Well polish my nuts and make me a milk shake Jenkins touched it woop woop
by Robran
Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

The Dark Knight wrote:You f**king beauty. So glad he's won this, athletic ruckman like him don't grow on trees and really happy the AFL recruiters agree by selecting him.

Think the best chance for him to get a game would be with the lions.
by Robran
Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

How many clubs has Trent been at now?

Obviously there's some extenuating circumstances with his Old Man but it feels like a fair few?

SMOSH
Elizabeth
The Lodge
Eastern Park

Yes, his dad is undoubtably a factor but who could blame either party?

Carey knows what he is getting, Trent knows what is expected of him and they get to have father and son time which I'm sure we'd all like more of.
Yeah it has been great getting to coach my son but it's now time for him to get off the boob and do what he thinks is right by his partner and his young son his partner is a player/coach at netball for Williston so this just fits.she rarely gets to see him play and he never see's his son on sat.So this is the choice his chosen and good luck to him.
by Robran
Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

BLFC looking for new players for 2017...

Been a big exit of key players due to the money drying up so are looking for players who are keen to join up for just 1 season!

I'll come play b-grade with you
B grade? I'll be in the C's mate
Doesn't matter mate if u r in the C grade u will still be on $300 a game :D
by Robran
Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 1 - 2017

Mitch sandery off to United F.C in Adelaide plains
by Robran
Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Dale woodhart new coach of greenacres.. Not sure if already mentioned
by Robran
Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

so rumours gathering momentum that greenies will struggle to field 2 sides, maybe the league action now, substantiate if truth to rumours and offer them to re-group in lower division and para hills take their place in div 5.
West Croydon to Div 5
Para Hills to Div 6
Greenacres to Div 7

Problem solvered 8)
Spoke with greenies new coach yesterday he did say they have lost a couple but is happy were they are at ATM, did say the boys he was worried about leaving are staying. No mention of number issues though.
by Robran
Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Footy Chick wrote:GOOOOOO Josh! Well done mate :-BD

Well done legend
by Robran
Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Morell your thoughts on Para Hills being in Div 7 for 2017 season. :D ;)
by Robran
Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Menzel has not got what it takes at this level.always bent over suckin in the big ones.
by Robran
Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazbeen wrote:Scores from today?

Mallala is the 2s
United in the 1s
by Robran
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anthony is an absolute top bloke, who openly admits he made a mistake many many many years ago.

Not only as he gone a long time without a suspension he has become a dedicated family man who was attracted to country football by being able to have his family all play sport on the same day.

I'm lucky enough I get to chat to Ant on almost a daily basis at the gym he trains at and I know his gutters by this

Hope common sense prevails and the deciscion can be overturned asap.

Yeah agree but what other avenue does the lad have, someone was telling me that he was actually going to play for another APFL club but decided against it as they didn't have netball for his wife so he chose To play for united to facilate him and his wife. Then someone from that club that he was thinking about playing for might have gone and said something to the league in regards to his past ??? Hope the lad gets to play again.
by Robran
Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Definition of a win

If you support NTH ADELAIDE in the SANFL a 1 point win over any team is classed as a thrashing for us. :D
by Robran
Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Anthony Rossack is definitely a chance of getting in the A grade the rest look potentially okay-good B graders.
Think Ramsell and Daniels may be better than you're giving credit for..

Walton was the B grade coach a few years back wasn't he? Maybe he's returning to have a leg with the C grade?
Matty Daniels should be in the A grade crazy user of the football on both sides, and brings some experience in as well. Walts should probably just give it up and play in the over 50s I mean over 45s :D
by Robran
Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

This could blow out to 10+ Jenkins u suck
Piss off Carey lol :D
by Robran
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |