Search found 137 matches

Return

Re: AFL 2019 season

I only wore a few from you, you looked after the bunnies. [emoji3]
Your mate at the other end though [emoji23]
Newman?
Yep
Best bowlers I ever faced and both had beautiful actions to boot. I used to bat near the square leg umpy when facing these. And if ya got one through slips early in there over the rest of the over was usely coming at ya scone.
by Robran
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Two little ducks

amber_fluid wrote:#bringbackJJ

No
by Robran
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Failed Creation wrote:Hey guys, my club's season is over, so I thought I'd head out to the Two Wells - Balaklava game tomorrow.

How much does it cost to get in?

$ 6 BUCKS
by Robran
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Failed Creation wrote:
Robran wrote:Osborne gone

For real?

His choice or South's call?

From what I heard the clubs.
by Robran
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Sorry but why wouldnt the div 6 gf be played at Salisbury?

Boy, you're getting grumpy in your old age ;)

THey're not going to programme a GF based on the closeness of the away team in the C grade granny :lol:
Old mate will be the difference this week hasn't played for 3 weeks he cherry ripe ready to go as long as he doesn't hurt himself having his morning poo.
by Robran
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where's the GF?

These changes are all because one player - Rooboy - complained about the necessary travel for a C6 game.

The league agreed he was right, apologised and changed it all.

8)
And trust me Bedge he is taking all the credit for it. funny thing is has whinged all week about the travel, then just said he doesn't like playing at centrals.
Believe he will get onto HQ Tonight and see if game can get changed again to his back yard.
by Robran
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Not only should Marsh not get a game he should not have been given a contract from cricket Aust. But langer loves the kid.ok we have regained the ashes but f@ck the poms we want to win the series not finish 2 all.
by Robran
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your kiss o death - 2019

C6 Elizabeth- without the inspirational Capt Roo Boy so sad that me mate had to go out this way I hope the Eags can pull it off for him in all seriousness . Not the way he wanted to end his 40yr career but he made the hard call last night and pulled the pin and refused to let someone miss out so he could try get his last game in. Great character well done on a stellar career old mate.
by Robran
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong v West Coast

LMA wrote:
Robran wrote:Cheating umps poor w caost lol clearly touched.

Tough to call that touched. That happens half a dozen times in every game played anywhere

Was just taking the PI55
by Robran
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Good luck to the Blyth/ Snowtown cats tomorrow hope they can hold the cup aloft.
by Robran
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Meter maids
Warwick-Caper-with-fellow-meter-maids-5629008.jpg

Are they still around? I didn't see any when I was there.

Yeah they still float around but they want $10 clams for a photo now ffs so i spent $50 in the half hour i seen them when i was last up there lol.
by Robran
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Spargo wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dougal Howard requesting a trade.

Some port fans won't be impressed

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Being reported he’s off to Moorabbin.

Can't understand why port have just let this kid go great pick up for the saints bet ya he starts off down in the back half too.
by Robran
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

whufc wrote:I like the Twitter post, clearly a ploy and worked well.

Well played social media manager or whatever job title the person running their socials has.

Probably be our next coach after Nicks
by Robran
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

MW wrote:Mead is getting interest from Freo too who will drive the points up

His father rates him
by Robran
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

whufc wrote:Lindsay Bassani to coach Blyth

Was a done deal some 3 weeks ago.
by Robran
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:Shouldn't affect the angle vale games :lol:

Depends on how many of the away team supporter's rock up to watch
by Robran
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Norwood v North Adelaide

goddy11 wrote:1 point in font. About time North brought on the 19th man. :D

Hey in the first 1/4 I thought we had a few missing my thinking was grigg ate a few. Good win by the boys.
by Robran
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Jim05 wrote:Getting very embarrassing and we are only 10 minutes in

Do opposition coaches not rate Neale running around on his own with no one even going close to him. And hit the score board with 2 goals. Surely someone has to run with him
by Robran
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Dutchy wrote:I love Melbourne losing more than both Adelaide sides this year 8)

They are a sh*t club fighting for a finals spot and look about as good as my beloved crows surely goodwin is gone. And he better not be back at Adelaide as our senior assistant.
by Robran
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

Rumour has it one of the umpires from the Elizabeth vs St Paul’s game on Saturday in Reserves game has been stood down!!
Any truth to this?? The bloke was an absolute cheat!!
:twisted:
I heard about this Monday apparently paying frees against Elizabeth for going into hard to get the ball and being aggressive. think he even made comment to one of the players no need to go in so hard also giving 50 metre penaltys at the right time too I here against the Eags. You shouldn't
be surprised mate. I didnt know there was a rule for unrealistic dangerous attempt when a player goes for a mark and gets both hands on it. And what a call he made with the deliberate out of bounds at the perfect time in the last minute to go which they goaled from and cost eliz the game.
by Robran
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

I Was told this about 6 weeks ago , Paul Thomas will be the next coach.
by Robran
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Sad thing is not knowing this fella that's taking over probably hang around the club for couple years get his coaching resume updated to being a senior coach walk away take players with him and never been seen again. Knowing zwecky loyal, club first person and if they had come to him and said ha you can have the job but you will get no payment etc we want to put into the playing group the man still would have said yep done deal. Because he cares about the football club. The right thing to do if they wanted this other chap would have been steve we want u to teach this guy what u know and when you are ready this fella can step in and take over.Good luck steve you will get snapped up in a heart beat. Dont let this stop you get right back on the horse.Lockleys loss is another lucky clubs gain.
by Robran
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Wedgie wrote:Dakota Nixon from North Adelaide has won the reserves Magarey.

So proud for Dakota poppa and nanna will be looking down so proud mate well done.
by Robran
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Fantastic appointment Cotts is dead set one of the nicest blokes you will meet, and he knows the game inside and out , i think he will be brilliant in his new roll as senior coach, If Abbsy stays there he will tear it up. Makris will add some real bite to the midfield group nice and hard around the contest, the kids will really feed off him. well done units on this selection.
by Robran
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite player from rival clubs

Was Daniel Kerr from WC nowdays probably Boak I hate everything about port but I love watching this guy and his loyalty to port has been first class.. josh Kelly as well
by Robran
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you wanna fix this league..... Remove Angle Vale and go back to having 7 team comp again and bring the bye back. I personally think it’s the worst decision the league has made by allowing Angle Vale to join. Constant crowd abuse/reports, No netball comp, worst ground/changerooms in the league. Give me one positive that they have bought to the league since joining 5 years ago?
10 mins away from me house to go watch me boy that's about all I got.
by Robran
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs best 22

Mcleod
Roo
Mods
D Jarman

cant think of 18 more Damm it !! Oh you mean this year um ill Pass
by Robran
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

You sound like a pack of sooks. Oh you got to travel for your Friday night final - boo ******* hoo!

There are sides outright clear in 5th position who have been denied the chance to compete and no doubt would love to be playing.

First final for Units in what like 10yrs? Would’ve thought you’d spend the week embracing it instead of crying like a baby.

If you take a 15 minute walk from Mofflin Reserve to Haydown Road to catch the J1 at 3:01.

That will get you into the city around 4:08 where you can alight at Grenfell Street to make your wake to King William street to board the 723F @ 4:19 to get you to stop 23 on South Road leaving you a 5 minute walk to the Kenilworth Football Club.

You'll have enough time for a dart during the city changeover and then again walking to the ground from South Road.
Make sure you grab the day pass think you will be able to get back as long as before midnight, value for buck those bus day passes well they were 15 years ago.
go the units all the best.
by Robran
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

am Bays wrote:Umpires

Thank christ dont have to listen to the little pecker head chamberlain.
by Robran
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

HBF and Zed together again.

It's a match made in heaven ;) :heart:

Kinda disappointed we won't meet next year now :lol:

which club?

Woody Souths in Div 4. Knowesly making a great start to life at the Cattery.
Very good pick up in both Knowesly and Zwecky ripper blokes good luck to you both!!
by Robran
Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Constantly mentioned on here that players dont wont to come to Elizabeth because its to far to go .That is just a COP OUT if they really wanted to play for us they would .James Boyd when he played for us would commute from Woodcroft at least a 3 hr round trip so it can be done.

Boyd was just 1 player,
people these days are different, they want things as easy as possible,
Hannath didn't want to come back to Centrals because he (or his missus) wanted the beach lifestyle,
2 Gold Coast lads that we're in discussions with right now want Us to find them a house near the beach,
name a player for Us that lives north of Lightsview!
Even our CEO told me on Tuesday that no player wants to live out north,
and can you blame them?
Nothing wrong with living in the north if they don't want to live here well f@ck em.
by Robran
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Doc you would have to be happy with your clubs siginings.

In the main, yes. Not a fan of the FIFO model for Keegan Brooksby.

Has been heartening to have players approach the club (still chasing an AFL spot) as opposed to having to entice players for money only. Sure we have lost several of them, like Knoll, Skinner and Highmore, but we appear to be a club that players see as their best chance to play at AFL level.

The absolute no dickheads policy has also been a significant factor in retaining players as well. The significant investment in our juniors has proven to not only just produce good players, but better individuals as well.

Like Centrals, bordering the strongest country leagues makes it very hard to retain players who don't see reward for effort.

Many see South sliding this year. I remain quietly confident that we can win enough games (by a point) to play finals.

I reckon you have touched most of the reasons why South seem to be recruiting better than Centrals over the last few years. Also a high performing team is likely to help the young recruit develop faster (e.g. if you are a forward you will get better delivery and more forward entries than a team on the bottom of the ladder) and will probably play finals footy giving the player more exposure.

Surely distance from CBD isn't a factor given Elizabeth would be about the same distance as Noarlunga?

It's a huge factor!
I just had a phone call from Kris Grant, we need to find a house/houses for some recruits but they want to live near the beach, or no further north than Mawson Lakes.
get em to move in with Kris then
by Robran
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1, 2022 - Tips, banter & results.

Crows have got a good one in Rachelle.
His a cracker but like the rest of them he will leave first chance he gets. I'm a fan of Nick's but our forward structure is amateur at best. When the talls constantly lead to all the wrong spots and poor little Rowe and mchenry have to make a contest for us in the forward half, easy misses at goal are very costly between that and kicking the ball to the crowd probably 5 to 6 times the skill set must improve quickly I think this team will be struggling for the remainder of this season and for a few season yet. well done to keays today incredible work ethic.
by Robran
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

am Bays wrote:North fans, no one goal in mind jibes thank you

Port should’ve got that 50 m for the protected area at the 6 min mark

Ha ha back when Port Adelaide was actually Port Adelaide.
by Robran
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Bailey Smith has not been off the ground fn machine.
by Robran
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

mots02 wrote:So with Erin now officially joining the Power, how many days will it be before the first campaign begins for the AFLW Power to wear the prison bars?

Does this now mean that the woman's side has also been around for 150 years + like the power ??
by Robran
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal 2022

Riley Knight (Eagles)
Aaron Young (North Adelaide)
Mitch O'Neill (South Adelaide)
Harrison Wigg (North Adelaide)
Luke Partington (Glenelg)
Patrick Wilson (Sturt)
Campbell Combe (North Adelaide)
Nikolaus Rokahr (Norwood)

Aaron Young
Campbell Coombe
Harrison Wigg

Riley Knight
by Robran
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |