Search found 84 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Congratulations to Daniel Cross who plays his 200th game for the Westminster tomorrow. A two time premiership player and former A grade captain, he has been a great stalwart for the club. With a supporters luncheon with Knuckles Kerley on we are hoping for a big crowd and hopefully celebrate a couple of wins.
by WOS Dragons
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Westminster Old Scholars football club is delighted to announce that coach Paul Sherwood is going to coach the A grade again in 2015. Paul joined the club last year and has taken us to back to back grand finals and his signing is terrific news going into this weeks game.
by WOS Dragons
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WOS!

WOS are deadset my second favourite team. Legends.
by morell
Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WOS are the finals giant killers coming from 5th for the second year, a very tight knit group who play for each other. Well done hope they go all the way.
by chief
Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Yes the president is back out again and looking good. We've lost a couple and gained a couple but very early to know how we will go in the higher div.

To clarify for you Bandar, Bletho's nickname at the club is The President.

Yeah worked it out eventually he gathered a few nicknames in his time with us The Velvet Sledgehammer and Alphonse ( Gangitano) most notable.
by bandar
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was Elizabeth by plenty, and congrats to Payney and their lads. They played well and with the squad they have, should go very well in Div 5.

We, on the other hand, will now not bother turning up for the rest of the Div 4 season based on our March 1st trial game result.
by Pag
Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Key Defender/Forward required.

haha, good fun.

The fact he specifically mentioned 6km from the city, means its probably close to the 6km mark. So if we run 7km buffer (because lets be honest, there needs to be some degree of vaguery) and then take out all of the clubs within 4.5km, to create a "likelihood ring" and then select all the clubs which fall within that region, we get the following results:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/potential_clubs_zpsq7peeqxs.png

And these clubs:

Broadview
Colonel Light Gardens
Fitzroy
Flinders Park
Gaza
Hectorville
Mitcham
Payneham NU
Pembroke Old Scholars
Plympton
Scotch Old Collegians
Unley
Westminster Old Scholars
Woodville South

Could remove quite a few based on the "finals last two years" and "next step" statements....
by morell
Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hear talk of game plans and full presses etc. I haven't been involved with a senior team for awhile but have watched a bit of Div 4 down, I would of thought you keep it pretty simple. Win the footy, use it well, play in front, tackle hard, pressure, beat your opponent etc etc

Westminster's success over the last few years would owe something to them having a very solid game plan
by Boosh
Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hear talk of game plans and full presses etc. I haven't been involved with a senior team for awhile but have watched a bit of Div 4 down, I would of thought you keep it pretty simple. Win the footy, use it well, play in front, tackle hard, pressure, beat your opponent etc etc

Westminster's success over the last few years would owe something to them having a very solid game plan

High class coaching on both grand final days in the last two years played a big part in both their victories. Obviously the players have to execute but they had a plan, stuck to it and it paid massive dividends.
by BFG
Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Kilburn
North Haven
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Westminster OS

Hope Valley
Hectorville
Glenunga
Salisbury
Eastern Park

how many did hope valley have out against elizabeth ? was going to put you higher up the ladder until i heard you lost

You do know it was a trial game, yeah?
by S Demon
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nichdanmatt wrote:at least the ridiculous money you have spent will have been worth it boosh.

thats quite amusing..but im always a sucker for some comedic irony..
by zedman
Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:I lost a tooth once because someone recklessly collided with me.

Did you shake their hand after the match?

only because they played well
by Q.
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisburys scorelines look really impressive thus far, I haven't looked at ins and outs, has the team changed much from last year Pag ?

I find this pretty staggering. Last couple of years Salisbury have been noncompetitive in Div 3, losing a lot of games by 100+ and now they have had 2 solid wins against sides that have won their other game. With Salisbury being a club that doesn't really have a high turn over of players, what's the go here? Is it just reflective of the gap between Div 3 & 4?

We find it staggering too. We picked ourselves for the spoon just like everyone else on here did.
by Pag
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think i can count his kicks on one hand (but i was too busy yapping and nursing my beam cans to really notice ;) )

Having said that - after the game all the guys were saying how much they wanted bag on him out on the field but they simply couldn't because he was THAT nice a guy.

He said he was encouraging blokes and praising BOTH sides when they did good..

Didn't begrudge anyone who wanted a chat and to shake his hand after the game - there is nothing obnoxious about this bloke at all and I seriously think he was just happy to run around out there and not get in the way too much. .Kenilworth have picked up a winner here.

Well done to them.
by Footy Chick
Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's because in rugby, your head is usually stuck up someone's bum so you can't see anyway ;) :lol:

Isn't that the definition of rugby? One guy, pushing 2 guys heads into 3 guys asses? 8)
by Footy Chick
Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kookas over sailsbury by 12 points in the As enjoy 3rd lel
Kenilworth clearly better than us after quarter time, got a bit of work to do before next week.

Why the lel about finishing 3rd?

I'm not sure I'm following this either but if I have it correct a member of a team that won't be playing finals is "laughing even louder" at a team with a double chance in the finals.

Second worst sledge I have heard today after I heard a footballer tell our bench they are "mint"
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Pooraka - too good for us on Saturday. A good, tough contest, they were just a bit more efficient going forward. Also - credit to them for sticking around and having a beer in the clubrooms. Proud of our boys, finishing 6th in our first year in div 4 since 2011. We ended up playing 47 blokes in the a grade this year. Its not an excuse but will hopefully hold the club in good stead as a heap of young kids were exposed to senior footy. Kilburn and Salisbury the best two teams I saw this year but I think any of the top 3 can win it. Good luck to all playing finals - after the success of the last 2 years its going to be strange not playing.
by WOS Dragons
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So they lost?
by HH3
Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury has come a long way since losing a trial match.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Rowey is a gun and deserves the medal but to poll in 15 games means your loved by umpires a little way too much !!!

Alternatively, he could have been in the best 3 players in 15 games.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

I'm sure Para Hills would've been allowed to train there, had they asked.

Training there means SFA anyway. We managed to train on Campbelltown in 2008 before our GF against WOS and we lost.
by Footy Chick
Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great game of footy today - both sides would match any divvy 3 sides on that performance. Pity the PH skipper lacked class in his acceptance speech. Bring on divvy 4 - young side with plenty wanting to join!
are you serious about matching it with Div 3 sides or has the time posted got something to do with that statement :shock:
by TIRED TIGER
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No disrespect intended but if both those sides played at a div 3 standard yesterday then I saw some games in div 4 this year that are a div 2 standard. Good game of footy but let's not get carried away ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic game yesterday. CLG threw everything but the kitchen sink in the third quarter and we couldn't get near it and we looked down and out. But the boys responded in the last and made a real game of it and never felt safe until the final siren. Congratulations to bangers and all the players. Fantastic effort after a few tough years.
by BIG_REDS
Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know about the Truscott red card and how long until he was replaced, but to anyone who thinks our A Grade was drinking alcohol in the last quarter while the game was in the balance is completely delusional. I would know, I was drinking from the said bottles during the game. Its good to see facts aren't getting in the way of the drunken rumours though.

Duncs, you clearly weren't at the game, if you were you would know that at no stage would anyone have said the game was done. Instead of relying on misinformation, if you wanted to get something as stupid as that confirmed or denied, how about just flicking us a PM instead of running with tripe?
by Pag
Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The grey area is allowing umpires to do this can create bias its either a yellow off for 10 can replace or a red off for the game can replace after 10 mins
The whole leave it up to the umpires is rubbish they can barely call the game right let alone have the right to pick and choose if a player can or cant be replaced !

Sigh......please take it as ABSOLUTE FACT

Yellow card - player off for ten minutes and CAN BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY

Red Card - player is reported and sent off for a minimum of 10 minutes, or up to the rest of the game (at the umpires discretion) They are allowed to be replaced after 10 minutes - not "maybe" - but they will be allowed to - no grey area, it is clear.

If a team has not sought to replace them after 10 minutes - that's their own fault.

You had two highly experienced Division 1 Umpires (both have done Div 1 GF's) - so they would have done exactly the right procedure.

And Wonder Kid - saying the umpires can barely call the game right.........you are a knob.
by ezydoesitbigfella
Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's no way any club in D5 has 21 paid players.
by Q.
Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

With all this talk about it, can they stage manage it through and not announce it until after the Brownlow.....then, would Dangerfield want Grand Final week to be about him / Geelong / Adelaide?

I think they should announce it now, nobody would question him going to or being at the BnF or the Brownlow as an Adelaide Crow. Technically, he is a Crow until October 31 regardless.

agree, no crow fan would care if he announced it now and then still sat with the crows at these events.

Im seeing a lot of spiteful comments on Facebook news posts from Adelaide fans that seem to go against what you are saying.

There is going to be a lot of hate for the man in this town when he leaves I think.

I find that the most vocal Crows supporters are usually the worst! Personally I cant fault the way he has gone about his business, was probably always going to leave but has handled it so well all season. I certainly wont be one of the Crows fans booing him when he plays against us. The guy just wants to go home, simple as that, he is taking less money than what he could get elsewhere (or even here for that matter), he is getting married and would want to start a family near his own family. Pretty sure his teammates wouldnt care if he is on their table or at B&F, these guys will always be mates. As an Adelaide fan I cant stand a lot of Adelaide supporters. We were voted the team all others loved to hate and I would say 90% of that is down to the fans IMO.
by TEX07
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there is no way carlton wouldnt jump on him if he went in the PSD

Carlton, Essendon and Brisbane would fall over themselves that fast in jumping on Dangerfield. All have the cap room and really a gun midfielder in there prime via the draft, lol no brainer.

Its a poor bluff from Dangerfield's camp.
by stan
Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows 2015

Players who are under contract or restricted free really shouldn't have any final say in where they end up via a trade. (If RFAs have offer sheets matched)

Only unrestricted free agents should have that right to pick their employer.

This current system of players being able to tell clubs who they must deal with is an absolute joke.
by jakovasaurus
Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Crows have to play hardball with Paddy and Geelong, they are already known as a club where players leave easily and if they fold on this one then it won't stop, the clubs will continue to go hard at any decent talent on the Crows list.

I don't like the Crows but I really hope they make a strong stand here otherwise they are shot as an organisation, even if it means getting nothing for Paddy they will benefit in the long term.
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Crows have to play hardball with Paddy and Geelong, they are already known as a club where players leave easily and if they fold on this one then it won't stop, the clubs will continue to go hard at any decent talent on the Crows list.

I don't like the Crows but I really hope they make a strong stand here otherwise they are shot as an organisation, even if it means getting nothing for Paddy they will benefit in the long term.

Agree
by whufc
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You cannot compare Bock and Davis. They were offered overs to the expansion sides with extra salary cap space. Do you say the same about Geelong who couldn't keep Ablett for the same reason?
Gunston was never going to stay and that was a mistake by the Crows by not doing their due dilligence on his personality.
Tippett is...well Tippett.
Danger we know why.
Worsfold its been said his family do not want to live in Adelaide. It would have been the same situation if he helped Port Power out.

As far as recruits are concerned, Betts, Jacobs, S.Thompson to just name three have been brilliant.

Having said that, getting Boak to stay when Port Power were on their knees was massive for them and no doubt gave the club a boost in retaining talent. For the Crows the test next year will be to get D.Talia to stay now, so the saga will continue, just re-hash the same articles and replace the name.
by MW
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget Jenkins and lynch as well that we got from other clubs.

Sloane cried on draft day when he found out he was drafted to the crows and is now the heart and soul of the club, and signed this year even after missing out on the captaincy.

Whufc you seem to have lots of opinions for a non afl fan. Not too many of them are anywhere close to the mark.
by bennymacca
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Saafl did this when they let brahma go down to div 5!

And history will suggest saafl knew exactly what they were doing because they had all the information. Even letting them into Division 5 didn’t save them from relegation to Div 6 and they were 1 win from relegation to Division 7 this year. It’s not like they went to Div 5 and won a flag so hardly apples for apples. What happened to Brahma resulted in a new rule of 3 player limit from one club to another state wide too

As keen as I wasn't on it at the time, the reality is the brahma thing was another chapter in the “beware Div 4 clubs going to Div 3’ book…….Kilburn, Salisbury West, and now Salisbury. Saafl should have had the power to say no to Salisbury based on below

Salisbury A grade played in grand Final and lost by two points.
Salisbury B grade went through the season undefeated winning a flag
Salisbury C grade won 7 matches (no forfeits) in C2
Salisbury have an U 18 team

Seaton Finished 9th (bottom) in the A grade and won 2 matches
Seaton B grade won 1 match
Seaton C grade won 5 matches in C3 (3 by forfeit) and forfeited 4/5 times themselves.
Seaton do not have an U18 team

if it was an application to stay down as against a right, there is no way Seaton should be in Division 3 over Salisbury.
by Footy Chick
Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As long as you approve, that's the main thing. ;)
by Footy Chick
Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was told he was retiring so had a crack at talking him out of it, didn't work out which is no big deal, blow it out your ass jetters ya flogga
by bubba love
Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="wonder_kid"]at least Shrek gets me! don't worry nth haven will be flag favourites in January only to fail like the past 5 years I've been involved in the lower grades of ammos! A lot of cashed payed out for 0 a grade flags!

Great Engrish by the way but get your facts right, we have been choking for 30 years.

Maybe you need new glasses? I said the last 5 years i have been involved in the lower grades! Whats this engrish word you speak off. ..
*paid

Thanks mate!! Your so learned![/quote]
You're
by Mr Beefy
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Well this is typing but its nice to know you can write good!

*it's
by afc9798
Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

afc9798 wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Well this is typing but its nice to know you can write good!

*it's

Well this is typing, but it's nice to know you can write good!**
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We already know that Salisbury will lose their first trial game and subsequently be doomed to relegation.
by Footy Chick
Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's called a prediction and t's a common thing found on discussion forums, hence my contribution. We will see at the end of the year if my thoughts were ill informed. Thanks for joining in the discussion.

As for piles of wank. I am sure you are an expert in that particular field..
by zedman
Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gonna need someone to be able to jump into Daniel Wakelin..
by S Demon
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shattock will go very well for Westminster.
by jo172
Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172 wrote:Shattock will go very well for Westminster.

Certainly will. As will Ben Fisher.
by Former Glory
Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

were WOS missing a few of the big guns on Saturday?

Great win by Salisbury either way.

Are North Haven going to be THAT good or are Kenilworth destined for the bottom 5?

Plenty more questions to be asked and answered this weekend, looking forward to heading to Hope Valley this weekend for what will be another good test for us.

Missing 4 or 5 but no excuse. Salisbury just too good. Ran harder, played smarter and generally wanted it more. Disappointing start but we'll bounce back.
Wakelin, Blesing, Shattock, Tasborski may have made a bit of a difference.

WOS will definitely be around the mark this year, will only get better and the oval didn't suit them, compared to Glandore anyway. We wasted our chances and were lucky to get away with it. Thanks to the WOS lads who came in for a beer and a snag afterwards, looking forward to the return leg.
by Pag
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

bennymacca wrote:Reckon there is a few tough ones this week.

How the hell do you tip crows gws?

By picking GWS.
by Gozu
Wed May 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Westminster gave us some beer tickets on Saturday, and their president came in the rooms and gave us some nice words after the game. Love having a beer on their decking after a game.
by Pag
Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hard to if playing across town and have to pick up missus & kids to get back to your own club for pressos, some times there just isn't time
Make excuses or build a good culture with the playing group.

maybe put on a couple of free jugs and let them know

that's how I always remembered it

Maybe if they bothered to come in they would see the free jugs! North Haven & Westminster have looked us when visited this year. :D
by Demon Juke
Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Looking at the ladders in the Sunday Mail yesterday got me thinking, with the new clubs coming in would it be fairer/preferable for two clubs to go up and three clubs to come down in at least some of the effected grades? Just noticing that a few clubs potentially sitting 7th/8th in the affected grades have only won 3/4 matches for the year. Might be best giving them a year in a lower grade to re-group and promote both grand finalists?

Or is the League's premier only two team's relegated option better?
by jo172
Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |