Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

If a club is continually struggling, year after year, then by all means investigate a way of helping that club become competitive in some form. Its unfortunate that this happens to some clubs, but its reality. Reality is, Noarlunga were about 5 minutes of footy away from playing in a Prelim last year. They were beaten by a team that used next to zero points. The league is ASSUMING that Noarlunga will fall down the ladder. Until we've seen the REALITY, then assumptions are crap. Other clubs lose players, Reynella lost plenty, won a flag 2 years later. Brighton lost plenty, still very competitive last year. Emus continually lose players every year, but get up off the canvas. It only takes a bottom club to lose 1 quality player to make a huge difference, but im sure that goes unnoticed. This is probably the weakest decision I have ever heard of by an organisation. They should do their time at the bottom like other clubs that battle year after year. But that's only if they fall down the ladder. Noarlunga might not, and probably wont use the extra points, but this decision reeks of putting the interests of some clubs before that of others. End of rant.
by Leo
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree absolutely disgraceful and you'd have to be pissed when some of these clubs only won a few games for the year but have less points. I'd imagine some of these sides will come close to using there allocated points each week and shouldn't have to restrict recruiting due to points, aren't we looking for a competitive league. It's not Noarlunga's fault they would have asked for 23 from the SFL but the CFL came back with 19.

The issue I have is as a governing body like the SFL, how can they allow this to happen when other clubs don't get the same or greater concessions? If they sent the CFL a recommendation for 23 points then other clubs should have at least been offered the same concessions.

Imagine an organisation like the AFL for example having concessions for some clubs and not others and the angst that would cause, oh wait, where's Buddy?

Are you serious KS the AFL is the most rorted comp I know!
Just for the record Noarlunga did not request 23 points or any number just a review!
We played Victor in a trial on the w/end and that side was worth zero points!![/quote]

Your missing the point SB. Nobody has a beef with any of the clubs for asking for extra points/reviews/etc. The beef is that the SFL has even considered doing so for some clubs. Rules are there to maintain stability within an organisation. In EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES, I fully understand exceptions to rules if its in the best interest of the league. I think you would have to agree, that your club is far from an extreme circumstance at present. A person I spoke to recently said their club was in the early stages of investigating other options outside of the SFL. It sounds like the relationship between the League and some clubs is at an all time low.
by Leo
Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A huge pat on the back to Simon Robinson his army of helpers on Saturday. Possibly one of the best days ive had at Emu Park, for PINK DAY. The only blemish (for an emu supporter) was that Noarlunga were just too good on the day, getting the chocolates in the main game. Word is that over $12000 was raised throughout the day for Breast Cancer research, which is a phenomenal effort. Over $1700 of that was raised to see Emu star Tim Howell shave off his beloved Dreadlocks, with another $7K being raised with the auctioning of the PINK guernseys. Also like to say well done to Booga Schutz, who I believe played his 350th game on the weekend. Great effort. All in all, a great day of suburban footy.
by Leo
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently Crate has been told win a final next year or see ya later. Spent big $ on recruits this year and didnt get any closer. Got some juniors coming thru so interesting to see which direction they head.

pfffft! told by who?? hank and the other pissheads up on the hill? stop talking tripe

Ok then your right :roll: it's unlikely anyone will make a hard decision to make the next step!

If things don't progress as quickly as you like, then the "HARD DECISION" would be to persevere with what the club has started. How do you know another coach could "take the next step"? Every coach does it differently, so bringing someone else in would mean starting all over again. In his 1st 2 years in charge at the Emus, Trevor Potts missed the finals in his first year, and finished 8th (lost the elim) the 2nd year. Building a successful football club is more than just the Win/Loss column. Sounds like your after the "Easy Decision".
by Leo
Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |