Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

Being a long time observer of hills footy unless echunga attract a shit load of players they will get smashed in every grade(except maybe the A's) I think it could be a huge mistake going to central Maybe a huge ego trip for the Champ and Pocock If they do go up i think Mt lofty must bite the bullet and go to country div for a year or two

Firstly pocock has absolutely NO ego! Nicest bloke you'll meet! Secondly - I have a huge ego but that doens't count for much as I support two HFL clubs.
Now with all of your 'long time' observations do you sincerely believe for one minute that a club being promoted following one teams premiership is going to be ego filled or stupidly approach the new competition without so much as a recruit.
If I was a betting man I'd say that Echunga would have two directions in 2014, don't come bottom and bolstering the juniors.

If it evenutates that the Demons go up I will stand by my word they will not be a spot to be relegated at the end of the 2014 season. Otherwise I will eat your head.
by Champ
Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

This is a very sad state of affairs for the Echunga FC but you're all very smart people on here and I'm sure you can see what's happened.
Echunga can't afford lawyers and the CFL wouldn't be reactive enough this side of Christmas so where'd that leave club preparations.

For the record Echunga' predominately B'Grade side comfortably beat Lofty's predominately A'Grade side in a trial this year, Echunga would be a strong candidate for a top five spot.
by Champ
Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rather than rant, tell us who's fault it IS then.
No shit having the same people come together each month & achieve nothing is stupidity. How about you come along to a junior directors meeting & offer some constructive thoughts rather than crap on this forum.
You're probably right that the sooky kids would quit anyway but those are the kids the clubs who have excess players will send over. All it will do is WEAKEN the LEAGUE & bigger clubs, NOT strengthen the league or smaller clubs.
You're last line hit the nail on the head, maybe the clubs who have good junior numbers ARE structured differently & focus on the club as a whole, not just the seniors.

Really... I'm ranting... If I am I'm clearly not alone.
Still I haven't heard a solution from you and you seem to be the resident HFL genius.
Which position do you currently fullfill and will i expect to see you at the meeting?
by Champ
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing a man on man game is likely the best option re Uraidla.

They come out the back of the stoppage nearly every time and have great skills.

Also prepared to hang on to the footy until someone is there to assist - even if it means getting caught.

Superior voice also and direct the match well among themselves.

It seems to all be about possession - if they have the footy you don't!

Spoken like a true coach..
by Champ
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope everyone is right in saying Lobey don't play well in the wet.

Echunga is still in pretty good condition at this stage though - albeit probably deteriorating after the colts and B grade games.

Round 16 looms as the relegation decider with Echunga playing TV at Mt Torrens velodrome.

If both club's A'Grade win no more or less than they did in the first round I'd imagine it's already pretty much decided?
by Champ
Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs man I love your passion for your team. I love the way your A grade play but the rest of your club , well .............. As for beating Mt Barker and Uri's well we hope you can, but I doubt it. Cracka and Elma you actually have to train to play senior footy so maybe Daniel Philp would be a great player if he was committed and young Tommy Smith has struggled at times this year. Ironbank where actually trying to win B grade as well so Jarman can't win ? Tommy's time will come and he knows that. Once again shut ya mouths unless you know the full circumstance. Ironbank have turned over a full A grade team basically over the past 2 years and promoted youth and I think you will find 16-17 local players last week and we are a team that actually plays within the points rules........ As stated previously the club knows what needs to be done and don't be surprised if in 18 months all the knockers are eating their words.

Judging by this post I think that LM's passion for his club is easily rivalled by yours...

At any rate, I think a lot of people are forgetting... Echunga were supposed to be the easy beats hacks of the comp and would never match it with anyone let alone even be a consideration for finals... Now they're in the five the attention has been turned to how bad their B'Grade are! Se3riously talk about rubbish! Their senior colts are 7th, junior colts 9th which in my opinion is not actually that bad considering they've come from a competition where you dont need to necessarily train to play and you have a bye every bloody fortnight. The b'grades another story but I dont see Onkas on here celebrating their b'grade success when their A's are sitting bottom so fair go you blokes.
by Champ
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

interesting isnt it. We have 2 clubs in echunga and TV who spend the bucks and have half decent a grade sides yet crap junior programs. Will it be that when they play in a few weeks time that the winner of the a grade game will determine who gets relegated ? One would think TV would win the first 4 games that day so if they won the a grade game echunga would be staring relegation in the face. Clubs like Bridgy and Ironbank and Onkas will be fine even if they dont win many a grade games as they have developed their kids and get an even points spread in the MC shield. They dont deserve to get relegated as they will be strong clubs in the next year or 2 due to their good local content coming along. It will be a great last 5 weeks of the season.

Interesting but uneducated comments by SC - perhaps some sour grapes or a feeling of guilt taking into account the money IB are paying for Jarman, Alleway and Motlop without gaining the results they should.? (taking into account Echunga was also negotiating for Motlop and IB offered more so we have an understanding of this and what IB have been spending.)

I would also suspect Jarman is the highest paid playing coach in the HFL. (At his age and being the coach should he be in the side before a local?)

Uraidla,TV, Lobey and others also pay players - but maintaining a good local player number along with recruits as we are doing gives the up and coming senior colts something to aim for. (well that's the plan anyway)

Lobey and Uraidla also seem to take this path which we have adopted looking to succeed.(I am not sure of TV and how they roll except to say that the money being spent to avoid relegation is over the top)

Echunga actually has an good junior program in place but found it hard to attract junior players while playing in Country div.
Now that they are in Central - albeit with very late notification - the junior sides are on the improve with respect to both number of players and results.

All clubs recruit within Central div to compete - and it has become a vicious circle with respect to this.
Fortunately Echunga has a good spread of locals in its A grade complimented by some good recruits - which anyone who has followed our player stocks in country div would know.

Our senior colts hold their own and junior colts are slowly developing along with our under 13 side.

I also think it is reasonable for Echunga to be given the maximum allowable points when coming up from the lower division - but they were not - and hence are playing at a disadvantage against TV who have up to 18 points.

Again I pose the question - why have TV been given more points than sides below them after the 2013 season?

It will certainly be an interesting few weeks - but my money is on Echunga avoiding relegation - even with one hand tied behind it's back!

Legs - don't get sucked in by SC and then resort to his level of making statements of which you are clearly not informed enough about to make. .. you may know stuff about Echunga but you don't about IB.
i.e. - Alleway played one game during a bye for Glenelg and received no payment.
i.e. - IB offered less than Echunga to Motlop i.e. - Jarman played one sole game

Categorically 1million percent untrue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Champ
Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a load of toss you blokes are primarily speaking!
If the club shield system is stuck to then the demons head to country, do a lofty and return again in 2016.

Truly, one minute Echunga won't win a game, then they won't win another game, then their clubs got a crap b'grade, then they've bought a side. Just let up, they're a very good side predominately made up of players who played in the country division other than Aish and Lindsay from first look.
The club as a whole we're always going to struggle coming up in its first year when you consider their senior colts are primarily players turned away from other clubs because they weren't 'good enough' and their reserves have had to leap from country reserves to central - arguably the central div b'grade should be able to match most country div a grade sides. So you blokes pull up and give credit where's it's due for once, the club came up and might have to yoyo for a season or two - so what! It just makes for some nervous clubs at the end of 2015...
Legs man I think you're incorrect about Echunga playing a senior colt every week as looking at sporting pulse it tells a slight different story?

Now any chance we can get of next season and start talking finals this season?
by Champ
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double Demon Grand Final!
Looks set to be the first league in Australia to demote a grand final side :shock:
That would be genuinely embarrassing for the HFL.

This 11-team comp stuff would surely only work if the clubs rule in favour and not the league; lets just hope the misery of losing to a better team on the day doesn't decide which way a couple will go.

At any rate pretty bloody amazing stuff!
Looking on sporting pulse Echunga have achieved a grand final place with the inclusion of two recruits, two senior colts, a b'grade from barker and the return of Harland and Liston. And they said it couldn't be done....
by Champ
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |