Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Kilburn WILL be competing in Div3
by Nearly Was
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Yeah, and as has been repeatedly said, the measures are a start, the first step. It's not yet perfect. But you cannot argue that because people will flaunt the rules and that they're difficult to catch, that there shouldn't be something done.

Financial fraud is difficult to prove, there are lots of things that people shouldn't be doing that the authorities of various types have trouble policing. Doesn't mean we should just let it happen though.

It will only take one or two clubs to get pinched and for the penalty to be severe enough for the measures to begin to take effect. From there tweaking the points system will make clubs think more than twice. But you're right, it wont be enough to stop everyone.

In my mind the biggest challenge the administrators have in this space is changing the mindset and culture, as this board proves, it is still accepted in the footy world to out-pay your opponents and buy flags. It's deemed as "success".

What we need to do is change the culture so that over paying players beyond the salary cap is considered blatant cheating and is abhorrent. That way, you won't need to catch anyone and it will be a self-policing type process.
But its not financial fraud!
If I own a business and want to pay a bloke $40k a year to work for me thats my choice, whether he actually rocks up or not is no ones business as long as taxes are declared.
No rules are been broken
Hey Jim can I apply for that job?
by Nearly Was
Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

You missed out on a bloody good era to watch footy and have a half decent child hood mate ;)

Woollen guernseys, bogged grounds, swigs of port and ciggies being lit up at half time, pre-season starting in March (at the end of cricket season), coaches being appointed on the basis they turned up pre season and had "credentials", blokes passing out in changerooms after the game, blokes sleeping in cars in the car park or rocking up to Sunday sessions in the same clothes they left in, "the green room" being the most occupied room in the house, game plans being "kick it long", coaches telling you you were no good and the reasons why in front of your teammates, and black footy boots.

That's what I remember of footy in that era.
Just how I remember it BRILLIANT
by Nearly Was
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Kilburn player in Div 4 "Bruno" OLoughlin HUGE chance if the umpires know anything about the game
by Nearly Was
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One idiot makes an uncorroborated comment and every body assumes it's the truth. The guy from Kenilworth carrying on like the knowledgable saint he thinks he is then says he is not sure if it is right!. The Club is actually going quite well and if a couple of players (with their consent) agree to wait for a weeks payment due to cash flow issues that week only, I believe that is sensible man and money management. Forget the innuendo talk footy not fiction. Whoever can beat Kilburn in the finals will go Premiers. I don't think we will lose another game.
by Nearly Was
Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

with out cash ifKkilburn go into div 3 they will be similar to how they failed in the div 3 the other year
Rob what would you know! Kilburn have been a powerhouse in Amateur league before you had long pants. Yes things have been difficult for a couple of years, mainly due to the multitude of immigrants that now call Kilburn home . These new Australians (Somalians, Iraquis, Indians etc) are not Australian rules orientated (yet). This causes Kilburn huge problems getting juniors for our junior teams.
As for payments, pretty much every player who came back to Kilburn is there for the right reasons and have re signed for next year. Yes all of them.
The Amateur league has been hurt badly the last few years with ridiculous $$$ being offered to local talent. Lets hope this stops soon and blokes get back to playing with their mates for enjoyment more so than $$$.
by Nearly Was
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always been a club that can secure sponsorship and money, .

True this, however it is of my understanding that the reluctance to be promoted is coming from those who have come back and resurrected the club.

I know Kilburn have never backed out of a challenge before and have taken everything that's come at them on the chin but if they do happen to lose the core of players back to the country, they're going to find it hard to compete and even hopefully they can see this.

At the same time it would be pretty annoying from many peoples perspective to see yet another club opt out of going up.

What's the happy medium here?
Footy Chick I always thought you had a handle on Amateur League. In this rant here you show you have no idea what is happening. The main person who got us back to where we are is also our main sponsor and his want from day 1 was to go back up the grades. He has pushed for that from day 1. Also, ALL of our players bar 1 (who is retiring) have resigned. We have also recruited one current SANFL player and 2 A1 players. Not for big dollars, for mateship and a few bucks. They are the facts.
by Nearly Was
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

easy TIGA wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I like Zhivagos[/quote

Are u still there?

Getting thirsty easy Tiga ?
by Nearly Was
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

jo172 wrote:Wonder if Salisbury North can get Paul Thomas to pull the boots on for 4 celebrity games given today's announcement

If he does it should be with his original team, KILBURN
by Nearly Was
Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Mr Beefy wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Boosh wrote:let's get back to talking about clubs in Div 4 most notably Salisbury.

Will this be the side North Haven defeats for the flag?

Yes, even says so on their 2016 Premiership T-Shirts

ARE THEY THE 2015 SHIRTS THEY HAD PRINTED BUT COULDN'T USE THEM, SO THEY HAVE RE- NUMBERED THEM?
by Nearly Was
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |