Search found 219 matches

Return

Re: Round 8 - North v Port - Post game

To win each quarter despite losing two players in the first 10 minutes was a great effort and showed the heart of our great footy club out there.

All class those North supporters - one got reported for racial abuse against Jake Neade.

They are indeed the classiest of classy SANFL fans.

I must have dreamt the cheery 'p**fter g**k c*unt' Sudjai Cook was getting called from the outer at Alberton a few years back.
by topsywaldron
Sun May 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Viable Alternatives

Agreed all round. It should never have gone up from $10 and the extra money made from charging people extra would be lost five fold from the less people coming and the money they'd spend on food and drink not to mention the flow on effect from future memberships and interest. Really dumb business.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

We were told by our league director and president [ THE BUMBLING BUFFOON] Jaworski that the North Adelaide Football Club would be voting YES purely for the survival of the SANFL. Because of clubs like your own that can`t get there shit together $$$$. YET somehow you [STURT] were one of the most active clubs in the off season.
Gee that story sounds familiar.
I recall Norwood fans being told that Sturt and West would probably not survive much longer without a YES vote
by Jim05
Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

I think Boomer is just one of the old school blokes who has struggled to adapt to the new form of the sport called AFL.
by whufc
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harvey free to play - sanity prevails
by Spargo
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just wish swallow had of gone through with what he was going to do when Harvey approached

would have been quite funny to see team-mates knock eachother out

I agree, what the hell was Swallow doing?

I have no issue with what Harvey did, other than it was stretching the distance from the ball. He wanted to stop Selwood running further forward. If he just stood infront of him it would have looked soft.

Bloody hell, how is a bloke supposed to impose himself physically on the game anymore?

After watching that vision I would be giving Swallow two weeks for a pi$$ poor attempt at striking
by Armytank
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From a report on AFL.com

"..Represented by Will Houghton QC, Harvey told the Tribunal he laid a block on Selwood because the team had been focused on stopping the star Cat from receiving follow-up possessions after he had disposed of the ball..."

For which he needed to jump in the air to collect him??
:-J

I have no issue with jumping in the air. If you are going to bump someone running at you, you need to jump at them or you will be the one being cleaned up.

It is not like Harvey split him open with a blind shirt front.

Maybe Selwood should wear a helmet to stop his head from bleeding if he is worried about how much time he spends off of the field being patched up. The only reason this went to the MRP is because Selwood got the blood rule.

No Blood = no suspension
by Armytank
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

Wedgie wrote:Also just noticed 5 games at Prospect over 6 weeks in the coldest wettest period of the year. Yay. :roll:

its ok Wedgie, the priviledged few will be cosy and warm in their glass taj. you know, that building the average members arent even allowed into on match days.....
by tipper
Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL fixture is a joke, why so many byes?

Did they pay for their accommodation, or sleep on the streets?

Apparently they were the guest of a Sheikh, 'His Majesty'. Something to do with Darren Burgess' previous involvement with Liverpool I think. It didn't get a lot of press (I can't find a solid link of than this http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-12-15/jonas-journal-dubai-day-8) but I remember hearing that a huge chunk of the cost of accommodation and the use of the facilities was taken care of by this bloke.

Now we all know where Robert Allenby came up with his inspirational late night Hawaiian fantasy tale, meant to extract the same level of sympathy from the public, just like the Port Flowers millionaire lifestyle on workmen wages and conditions!
Ripley's Believe It Or Not :roll:
by holden78
Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

Your comment re the vote being a "club's decision" is a moot point.

When I attended the Information Night (The lets lie to the members meeeting) at North, the President said to the assembled masses that regardless of what the members wanted or what the Board wanted (North's Board voted unanimously against the AFL teams coming in) that the Presidents had the right to vote how they felt and for what was in the best interests of the SANFL and Football in general in SA.

Bohdan made it clear that regardless of what the members and the board thought he would vote based on his feelings which no doubt as a League Director where influenced and pressured from the likes of Whicker and Co. and those useless fat cat drunks who parade as the Commission. He (Bohdan) not 18 months earlier addressed a Presidents lunch and was publically deadset against any AFL Teams fielding reserves sides in our comp - both in the Seniors and the Reserve Grade.

Anyone who thinks he was not "got at" is a fool and I suspect others like Chiggy, Slaven and certainly Tripodi where all got at hence the YES vote.
by on the rails
Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

Further to my earlier post - the two clubs that voted NO were not penalised, both still got their AFL Funded dividend and were no better or worse off than the 6 clubs who voted Yes. The spin doctors who point to crowd stats to support the argument about their inclusion are people who can't see that stats can be manipulated to suit an arguement depending on what view / angle you take.

I have read just about all the Clubs financial reports for 2014 and I cannot see anywhere in any of the figures where the inclusion of AFL Clubs into our comp helped or looks like helping long term re the perilous situations some clubs find themselve in re revenue and servicing large debts. I think personally that the situation will get worse over time and the spin fed by the likes of Trigg and Chapman re the $$$ windfall would bring the SANFL will prove to be what it is - a bunch of lies.
by on the rails
Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.

Possibly the funniest thing I've read on the interweb this year.
Grow the pie hey.
I was just passing on the info, but I agree its hilarious thinking Port might get off their arse and stop being a charity case, I think we all know that would never happen from past experience.
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Speak for yourself Mickyj.

Fuller and Godden are premiership coaches. Fuller got a more consistent performance from the team. Godden seems to do all the right things and pulled off that incredible premiership in 2011, but hasn't won a final since.

At the moment, Fuller is still the most successful coach the Eagles (inc WT) have ever had. His record demands respect.
Some people are never satisfied
by johntheclaret
Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

U18's - With the left over league players can play in (Maximum of five and then the rest assigned to an amature club)

So you're saying the SANFL clubs should start treating a Amateur club each with the same disrespect and inflict the same disruption on them that the Cows and Pork did to the SANFL clubs up until 2013?

Leave the ressies alone, the only thing that needs fixing is get rid of the 2 reserves teams in the league comp and increase the salary cap to something that actually reflects the stature of the SANFL competition
by Ian
Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

The SANFL comp is messed up enough already without stuffing it up with more changes
by Reddeer
Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Oval

I'm not a Port-hater, but have a question for Port supporters. Did you feel at all weird about the PAFC hosting a game at Norwood Oval? Surely for those of you who have followed Port all our lives and hate Norwood with a passion, it must've felt a bit un-Port like?

In a word, "meh".

It's a practice match, members got free entry, so hardly a money spinner. While there was (IIRC) 9000 people or thereabouts spending on catering, it's no real issue for mine. We played at Richmond last year.

More of a waste is the last NAB game against Adelaide is at Footy Park, seriously, WTF? The place has been laying idle for nearly 2 years now. Besides a One D "concert", they'll have to stock everything up, fire up the kegs etc....what an absolute waste.

I'd rather that be at another SANFL venue. Why not the clubs who need it the most, get it? Glenelg could do with some extra coin, send the people down there to buy pies and beers.
by Booney
Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

On the game, interested in the opinion of those there, was Allan's game as amazing as his stats or were a lot of them ineffectual?
Looks damn good on paper.

37 disposals
18 kicks
6 marks
6 tackles
6 clearances
6 Inside 50s
0 score
Imo, his role has changed dramatically since leaving North. I felt he was more of an outside player at prospect, however, he is often at the bottom of the pack and getting the hard ball.

Warren Partland has a lot to answer for. He repeatedly peddled the myth that Jimmy was an outside player. Jimmy always won his fair share of hard ball. I saw all of his games at North and quite a few at Norwood and his style hasn't changed at all. The only thing that has changed over the years is that his delivery improved markedly around 2009
by robranisgod
Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Either way, it shows what a farce the competition has become when people support two teams in it.
by RB
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL club reserves restrictions

Kick 'em out. All problems solved.
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There is a lot of discord on here and a lot of " get over it" or "move on"
But step back for a second. Those who feel passionately about not having Reserve teams in the SANFL have a right to push their cause, and where else are they expected to do this other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL.

Anyone who suggests they should raise it with their clubs should think first.
A) Don't you think these people, so passionate about their league, haven't already done that?
B) During the whole 'debate', such as it was, how many of the 6 clubs that voted yes actually asked for their own members views?
C) Ergo, the clubs not having asked for views let alone votes from members, how many are likely to acknowledge or accept any dissension from any members?

In other words, where else are these passionate supporters of the SANFL supposed to vent their protests other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL ?
I note that many who take the "move on" or "get over it" stance are either Port Adelaide supporters or have the Crows as their AFL team. Either way those same people have an obvious loyalty to the AFL or their reserve sides and not ultimately to the SANFL.

Personally I think it is a shame what has happened to the SANFL forum on SAFooty.net and feel for the administrators who need to generate income to pay for the site. Many members have stopped posting, traffic certainly seems to be on the wane and this might be a worry for the admin team ?

I am sure the "move on" or "get over it" brigade will point the finger at the 'whingers' for driving posters away, without a single consideration that some posters have "moved on" and "got over it" by changing sports codes or just lost interest altogether. Or god forbid decided that the SANFL is no longer for them and neither is an SANFL forum.

I have a genuine sympathy for those SANFL supporters who oppose the unilateral decisions made by 'Their' clubs. I've taken the stance to continue supporting my club by way of memberships and sponsorship but I certainly feel the SANFL has been degraded by the inclusion of the AFL Reserve sides. But it is an easier decision for me, not standing on the outer every week watching my team.
I also acknowledge the absolute frustration, anger and genuine angst many members feel that a club they have supported all their lives made a fundamental league changing decision without having the opportunity to not only vote on the issue but even have a say.

Remember for true SANFL fans, like fans of other sports, their club is for life. It's part of their family, it's their wife, son and daughter, it's their best mates and a way of life. Those who feel betrayed by their club will feel genuine anger and heartache which sometimes you can't just "get over it" or "move on".

And if you think it's all bullshit, think how you feel when your team loses a grand final !! Now transfer that feeling every day of the week, every week of the season. It might be a bit easier when you have 2 teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team and therefore you genuinely don't understand what all the fuss us about? Well good luck to ya. Not everyone feels the same.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Can we see the weekly attendance at Adelaide Oval / Footy park with the average attendance figures.
I think you will see a direct relationship. I predict there is a stable weekly fixed number of people attending matches in Adelaide . If AFL number goes up, SANFL number total goes down.

i disagree. last season the "pro" afl reserves people were happy stating crowds were up on 2013, at the same time that adelaide oval was sold out every weekend (from memory it was pretty much sold out wasnt it?) you cant get more people to the afl every week than the stadium can hold this season, so therefore there must be less people attending footy this year with the dramatic drop in sanfl crowds.

funnily enough, the "anti" afl reserves people pointed out the novelty factor last season, and that once it had worn off, reserves attendances would drop (we even saw evidence of the fact between early season attendances and the drop to late season attendances for the reserves sides), but we were told we were doomsayers and pessimists. funnily enough, it seems we were right. also funnily enough the "pro" reserve people are strangely silent on attendances this season.........
by tipper
Tue May 05, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^^^ This
It's about the SANFL promoting it's league. And the SANFL clubs jumping on the marketing bandwagon.
Do something to attract new fans and draw back the old fans.
The SANFL didn't want to pay $6000 to have the SANFL show on FIVEaa this year, so it doesn't look like they want to do much in the way of advertising.

It used to be marketed as an alternative to the AFL. Now it is part of it. Rusted on supporters are dropping off, a few AFL lovers have been picked up. Id rather they save marketing dollars and subsidising AA under the current model, and find a way to get back to an AFL alternative. Then market it.
Centrals were blamed for years for the dropping off of the crowds. Now we have Norwood and Port back up the top, with Sturt not doing too badly. Theoretically crowds should be up. Not only are the crowds so far this year severely reduced, there is bugger all atmosphere.
by wild dog
Wed May 06, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

Bounce of the ball wrote:Playing for the"lets slag our clubs " cup. North by 4 to 5 goals .

If you ever find a club, feel free to slag it
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

Coach fronting the board tomorrow - make sure Bohdan goes too!
by on the rails
Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

The verbal attacks on mitchell and butcher go a bit over the top, they areyoung men just trying to have a kick of footy and cop far to much abuse from supporters at this level. All day its relentless. I reckon they do a good job of ignoring the tirade (most of the time).
Anyone would think the other sanfl clubs have never played a borderline afl player before.

They have, and they copped it from supporters as well.

AG, do you think the verbals are more virulent than they were in the past?
The verbals are getting far worse, supporters have had a gutfull of these frauds running around in the comp and the players are copping the brunt of it.
Definately a lot more hatred at games involving the two AFL sides
by Jim05
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect

Felt sorry for the Crows players having noone cheer their big win.

So in 1972 North were the champions of Australia. Who would have thought they would fall so far.

To be so uncompetitive against the RESERVES of a struggling team. It's a disgrace. And a team with no fans. Ah at least we can feel sorry for THEM.

So sad that North voted to play this reserves team. So did my club. If North weren't so $hit at least we could have had a playoff for the biggest joke of the SANFL.... but sadly i don't think we (Sturt) can win another spoon from here. Not this year anyway.

Gain comfort in feeling sorry for players of a reserves team that no one cares about, even when they thrash us. It's all a bit weird.
Yeah that 43 years just raced by :roll:
by johntheclaret
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect

Wedgie wrote:LOL
The Crows players at Prospect yesterday had played more AFL games than the North players had played SANFL games!

Not to mention the Crows wage bill yesterday would of been more than the whole SANFL's budget
by Jim05
Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Glenelg 2.10 Saturday

Wedgie wrote:Football will be the winner.

RSL will be the winner :drinkers:
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont care about what the standard is like.

If my favourite football team plays in a comp with integrity ill be there every week.
by whufc
Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont care about what the standard is like.

If my favourite football team plays in a comp with integrity ill be there every week.

Absolutely correct, well said.

Standard is not an issue, get clubs playing in a genuine competition on an even playing field and you have a great starting point to develop a fantastic 2nd tier competition that attracts ex AFL players and retain ones that currently go bush to early.

It will just take some work, need to get the SANFL exec's out of their AO Corporate box and earn their keep along with the clubs.
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep, get back to a more family-orientated club, less emphasis on the big dollar, more emphasis on the supporters, more chook raffles & meat tray raffles, downsize the size of the clubs, make it cheaper to get in to the footy. You get my drift.
by CENTURION
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alan Obst to Retire Tonight?

Douglas Mawson wrote:Serious question keyboard folk:

1. You have no talent, fitness, physique or idea; versus
2. You have talent, fitness, a physique like Alan's, but a body that just won't stay resilient.

What do you think would be more frustrating ?

Following North
by johntheclaret
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What hurts most for me is it the people who are meant to protect and promote the league who are killing it!!!
by whufc
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

400 per game over 80 games so far is 32,000 down so far
It's like playing the GF at an empty stadium

No, it would be like playing a grand final with 14% less people?
You can miss my point as much as you like Bennymacca. Based on the current average crowds, that's going to mean 36,000 less bums on seats for the year, or equivalent to approximately how many might attend a GF,

In cold hard cash it equates to just over $500k. Assuming those missing fans threw in just $5.00 in spends (I think that is a fairly conservative amount), on the day then you can add another $180k. Use the same analogy for lost merchandise sales and the clubs could be looking at something close to or possibly more than $1m.
Add into that the free entries mentioned elsewhere (albeit quite small numbers by all accounts) and you end up with a product in significantly worse position than when the reserves were admitted.
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

On behalf of most.......who cares.
At last, back to something constructive. Well done.

Well really, the comp is a joke. Thanks to Friar Tuck (Olsen) and cohorts. Nothing left in it for most people, hence the non attendance, unless you feel otherwise?

EDIT, I should add, I have more emotional appeal to my Ammo club these days. Sad, isn't it?
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

When We beat South this Saturday, We'll be in the mix to win the flag, I know what you're thinking BUT, IF We win Saturday, all we have to do is beat Norwood (big deal on their current form), The Power reserves (all depends on how they stack their side), West (they only just beat Us recently) & then The Eagles, that's the tough ask. So it looks like a Central v Eagles Grand Final. :D :D

Back to the glory days of the SANFL!

If it was back to the glory days of the SANFL you guys would be looking for a 3rd club to help you out
by JK
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can't compromise on this, there is only 1 solution, kick them out......and if we go arse up, well we were going to anyway BUT I'd rather go arse up under our terms, not theirs.
NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
by CENTURION
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My response to Rucci...
Well done Michelle, put my name on there as well, plus the thousands of diehard SANFL supporters that are against this infiltration!
That letter has to go straight to the poolroom!
I think the next step is writing a generic letter that can be copy and pasted by supporters and sent to all SANFL clubs and Jake Parkinson.
by cennals05
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

While you are all at it, why not chuck Simsy`s effort in there. :oops: Anyhow back to the topic. Well done Westies on beating the Salary Cheats. :D

I was about 50 metres back towards the southern goals when Sims hit Matthew Simpson. Have to say that when Sims swung his arm the ball was about a metre or more in front of Simpson. No way was he trying to get the ball.

I've heard stories that in the first quarter of the game, Simpson was giving Darel Hart the shits by constantly niggling him. Hart, sick of it allegedly said that if someone didn't get Simpson off his back he'd end up thumping him. Steve Sims stepped up and did just that. It arguably won them the game though because from that point on Westies forgot about playing footy and just wanted to beat the crap out of Sims.

Steve Sims may have finished that GF looking like he'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but he had the last laugh didn't he. He had a premiership medal.
North were well in control of the game when Sims hit Simpson. Hart had already scored 4 goals on him. If you watch the replay the commentators are very critical of West's discipline from the start of that game. To say they only started fighting from the Sims incident is not correct.

These comments are in no way to defend what Sims did but it is interesting to note Mark Naley's comment at the time that he had wished that he had done the previous week what Sims did in the Grand Final.

Anyway congratulations to Westies on this year's win.
by robranisgod
Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Think this is a West v Eagles 2015 Post. Not some rant about the Past. Go Bloods. 2015 Premiers. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Gotch = Overrated!!!!

Making finals once.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by UK Fan
Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Geez Summerton must love budgetting on his $400 per game! Remarkable how that much money made him stay given how much he publically slammed the PAFC Reserves model initially. Strong brown paper bags at Alberton.
by on the rails
Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the wizard wrote:
DOC wrote:Lewis Johnson a is a Redleg.

if this is true im done with the roosters

I would be happy to off load a non team orientated individual....
by heater31
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Lewis Johnston should be used
by LBT
Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

holden78 wrote:Those 3 clubs may well fit right in along with the ammo's by season's end....... realistically ;) :twisted:

Bet they don't choose the soft option & merge...
by Spargo
Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

holden78 wrote:Now we're firing...... we love some banter with these bottom clubs.... great sport! ;) ;)

Maybe we could start a useless banter thread for people that can't read the 'SANFL Player Movements 2015/2016' thread title. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Brodlach
Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |