Search found 540 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

I also rate this article from Vice on the six worst clubs in Adelaide.

1. HQ
2. Red Square
3. Woolshed
4. The London Tavern
5. Mansions
6. Apple

This is a common sentiment. This city has always had a confidence problem and our insecurity soaks deep into everything we do. As a people, we will always be the first to explain, in very clear detail, how terrible we are to anyone who cares to listen. But the moment an outsider has something to say on the subject, we're already halfway across the table with a knife in our teeth.

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/i-spent-a-night-touring-adelaides-worst-rated-nightclubs

:)
by Gozu
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Gozu wrote:Fleurieu Iced Coffee

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Strong but not too strong and a little creamy without being too creamy.

Love it.
by Gozu
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ten to expand 2015-16 BBL coverage

Liking the sound of the double headers.

Mel McLaughlin, Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting, Mark Waugh, Damien Fleming, Mark Howard and Andy Maher will return to commentate TEN’s Big Bash League in 2015 / 2016.

Cricket Australia has confirmed 35 matches played in 39 days, with four double-headers all to be broadcast in prime time, Live and exclusive on TEN or ONE.

Each of the eight clubs will play in four home and four away matches beginning Thursday, December 17, at Spotless Stadium.

The semi-finals will be played on Thursday, January 21, and Friday, January 22, with the highest finishing club to host the Big Final on Sunday, January 24, 2016.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/07/more-matches-for-tens-big-bash-league.html

With more commentators to be announced.
by Gozu
Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Well done to Rogers and 'The Blonde Don'. That was great to see some fight from our batsman this time.

Good to see the Ashes is going gang busters in the ratings for Channel 9/Gem too.

Last night it was all about GEM.

The Ashes drew 782,000 / 440,000 on GEM with 505,000 for The Cricket Show. That sent GEM skyrocketing to a massive 14.2% share, just 0.4% short of Seven’s primary channel. It was the channel’s second-highest share of all time. It was also the third highest-rating multichannel programme of all time.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/07/ashes-delivers-a-whopping-14-2-share-to-gem.html
by Gozu
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

The Dark Knight wrote:My girlfriend and I finished Walking Dead season 5 on Wednesday night, real intense finale, things are really starting to heat up. Really looking forward to season 6 now!

Don't forget TWD spin-off series Fear The Walking Dead starts next month too.
by Gozu
Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Melvins-Bullhead

Melvins-The solo EP's

Misfits-American Psycho
by Gozu
Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Yeah Goodes should man up and apologise to the girl who called him an ape!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/j ... him-an-ape

Unbelievable.
by Gozu
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

also, did anyone else assume her resignation was delivered via helicopter??

Limousine presumably as they're 'faster' than regular comcars :roll:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/bronwyn-bishop-spent-1071-on-chauffeured-trips-same-day-she-went-to-freebie-opening-night-of-yes-prime-minister/story-fn5tas5k-1227466524859

She's just been taking the piss and had disgraced the parliament long enough with her behaviour.

Her 'political love child' certainly took long enough to get rid of her.
by Gozu
Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not liking this talk that the coach and selectors are unpopular with the players at the moment because they were pissed about Haddin being left out last test. He might be the greatest bloke or teammate in the world but he wasn't holding his own and hadn't for a long time.

Nevill's performance last match vindicated Boof's decision to leave Haddin out.
by Gozu
Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Without knowing the dynamics of the incident it's hard to know what the "follow through" would be bu t it may have been more childhood stupidity than pre meditated sinister bullying . .

this...so this. 5 year olds are not pre-meditative criminals. They're just little shits (and that's even without bringing the whole ADHD crap into it) My friends 6 year old was suspended for sexual harassment because he hold a girl he loved her.

Reasons like this, is why I never finished my teaching degree.

The world has gone mad.

Teachers will change their behaviours on the expectations of parents

Exactly, i'm too old school to deal with kids.

I understand they're following acts or whatever but I still dont understand why schools are required to ring a parent because of a scratch. If it's not life threatening or doesn't require hospitalisation, surely a note home would suffice after applying a bandaid for the boo boo.

then, if there is any underlying evil reason why said child has a boo boo, (ie; hit by a little shit with a stick) it is in writing and can be dealt with in an appropriate manner that won't force a parent to leave their place of work unnecessarily.

No doubt there will be some trendy illness that will excuse this young lout of his actions - because everyone is branded now and there's just no such thing as a naughty kid anymore :roll:

Again, the world has gone mad.

I agree with Footy Chick, I must admit I don't have kids and I know if I did I would think a little bit differently but if this is the worst thing that happens to a kid in primary school they've lived a charmed life. Myself I was a little shit and so were plenty of others and back in those days parents only got called in if it were something major, like when I cracked the back of my head open on the playground, broke my arm etc. When I was little I remember one time I ran around a corner and some older kids grabbed me and squeezed my balls just for the hell of it I suppose. I remember one girl stripping naked in the boys toilets to give us all a peep show when we were about 7-8, I walked into the toilet and there she was naked showing the other boys her 'bits'.

These things unfortunately happen with kids and it's a part of growing up and understanding life but I could just imagine the furore now that would happen if this stuff came to the attention of parents/teachers in this day and age. Kids would be getting expelled left right and centre, threats of legal action omg.
by Gozu
Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014/15 NBL Season + Off-season news/Boomers

Final scoreline flattered the Boomers a bit but we'll take that. Means NZ have to win Game 2 by 13 or more to win the series. Crowd was 15,092

Game 1

Australia 71 (Andersen 17, Mills 17, Dellavedova 15) def New Zealand 59 (Webster 22, Kenny 12)

Australia lead the series 1-0
by Gozu
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian cricket & the future

Wouldn't bother with Bailey aside from age is just a mediocre FC batsman.
by Gozu
Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tubby has got Shaun Marsh in his Test squad for the 1st Test at the Gabba this summer, is he serious?

And Healy too, FMD!

Dear God :roll: if he was ten years younger and averaged 10 or 15 more then maybe.

Warnie too has been into the Kool-Aid!

Nicholas left him out, it's a sad state of affairs when Mark Nicholas is the voice of reason.
by Gozu
Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Supposedly this was made by guys here in Adelaide, 'Real Life Mortal Kombat fatalities'.

It's fake but very bloody and NSFW.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/335 ... -gruesome/
by Gozu
Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Talk is NBL turncoat Hugh Greenwood who quit the Perth Wildcats last night one month into his 3 year deal to try and play AFL will be signing with the Crows.

Not happy about that.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/29314873/greenwood-quits-cats-to-become-crow/

Why?

Was a very good junior footballer, good person and has some great attributes

I don't think a 'good person' signs a 3 year deal with a pro-basketball team and then two weeks into pre-season training walks out on the team to go and try his hand at another sport. It's very poor form. I'm no Perth fan but he's screwed up there plans now so late in the offseason comparable quality players to Greenwood have either already signed with other NBL teams or European teams.

He was a fringe Boomer and the Wildcats viewed him as their point guard of the future with Damian Martin getting older and starting to get more injuries now.

He should have made this decision when he finished his college basketball career earlier this year or at least after he put his name in the NBA draft and went undrafted in late June.
by Gozu
Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fear The Walking Dead the spinoff series of TWD started today in the US and I think on Foxtel but haven't watched the first episode yet.

Good news that Ten will be showing the Netflix made 4th season of The Killing (first 3 seasons by AMC) on their One channel starting Tues 1st Sep at 10:30pm.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/08/returning-the-killing-us-3.html
by Gozu
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

Dazzleland up the top of the Myer Centre.
by Gozu
Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

Speaking of planes the old plane that used to be out the front of McDonalds at West Lakes.

http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-3/vh-aer/0250.007.jpg

I like many kids from the area had a birthday party on that plane and I can still remember running through that enclosed walkway from McDonald's to get to the plane.
by Gozu
Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England vs Australia ODI squad named

The Dark Knight wrote:Watson's dismissal was a hilarious highlight

It was, just saw it on the news. Surprised he didn't appeal!
by Gozu
Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2nd ODI

Australia 7/309 (49)

Smith 70 (87)
M. Marsh 64 (31)
Bailey 54 (72)
Maxwell 49 (38)

Stokes 3/60 (9)

England 245 (42.3)

Morgan 85 (87)
Taylor 43 (57)

Cummins 4/56 (8.3)

MOTM: Mitchell Marsh

Australia lead the series 2-0
by Gozu
Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:His attitude annoyed me the most, he seems like a real arrogant and sooking cockhead

I had a good laugh last night when he got out that look he and Stokes gave each other said a million words.
by Gozu
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:I have a million cats pics on my phone if people are happy for me to keep posting them ;)

Yep keep posting them!

by Gozu
Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5th ODI

England 138 (33)

Stokes 42 (51)

M. Marsh 4/27 (6)
Hastings 3/21

Australia 2/140 (24.2)

Finch 70* (64)
Bailey 41* (45)

Willey 1/13 (6)
Wood 1/25 (5)

Australia won by 8 wickets

MOTM: Mitchell Marsh

Player of the series: Mitchell Marsh

Australian won the series 3-2
by Gozu
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's on!

Turnbull officially challenging Abbott for the leadership.
by Gozu
Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Elections. What the f#@% is the point anymore!

To elect the party that governs.
by Gozu
Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Primus-Green Naugahyde

Spacehog-Resident Alien
by Gozu
Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Green Naugahyde is a classy album, although Antipop was quite good from start to finish too, and it features plenty of guest appearances. You're right though; Primus isn't the most listener-friendly band out there, but the high points are epic.

On Spacehog, why the hell weren't they huge? The appeared to have it all; the kickarse songs, the look, the enigmatic frontman...

By the way, Resident Alien is 20 years old next month.

I do really like Antipop I think it's the album with their best songs but Green Naughayde just seems more focused and sits best overall with me.

20 years? My god. I used to have Spacehog's second album 'The Chinese Album' but traded it in many years ago which I still regret. Not too many bands I can sit their and listen to a full live show and start to get bored but last night listened to two full sets of theirs, this one in Toronto is good.

UAbZt5c0QCE
by Gozu
Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

bennymacca wrote:since when was Bernie Vince all australian?

The year after he shot JFK
by Gozu
Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of Bangladesh

Corona Man wrote:Oh for another DK or Ooohh Aaggghh right now!

by Gozu
Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kavinsky-Outrun

Primus-Brown Album
by Gozu
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Isotopes win!

Western Australia 4/350

Bancroft 176 (155)
S. Marsh 109 (104)

Andrews 2/66 (9)

South Australia 4/354 (46.3)

Head 202 (120)
Ferguson 112* (118)

Paris 3/63 (9)

SA won by 6 wickets

MOTM: Travis Head
by Gozu
Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alex Ross & the Redbacks

*drops mic*
by Gozu
Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Queensland 9/279

Reardon 87 (97)
Hartley 79 (113)

Richardson 5/35

South Australia 9/278 (48.5)
(target 275 from 49 overs)

Ross 88* (87)
Zampa 61 (38)
Ferguson 58 (78)

Cutting 3/47

SA won by 1 wicket (D/L method)

MOTM: Kane Richardson
by Gozu
Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Redbacks

*drops mic*

:lol:
by Gozu
Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australia 198 (49.2)

Lehmann 58 (89)
Ferguson 39 (45)

Stoinis 4/43 (8.2)

Victoria 181 (47.4)

Hastings 43 (42)

Richardson 3/23 (9.4)

SA won by 17 runs

MOTM: Jake Lehmann
by Gozu
Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Redbacks

*places mic down gently*

;)
by Gozu
Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australia 5/244 (49)

Cooper 77 (80)
Ludeman 50 (81)

Swepson 2/43

Cricket Australia XI 168 (42.1)

Cartwright 66 (76)

Andrews 4/41
Zampa 4/48

SA won by 79 runs

MOTM: Tom Cooper

NSW have already advanced to the Final on Sunday and the Redbacks now play Victoria in the SF on Friday starting at 1:30pm.
by Gozu
Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Green Day-Insomniac

Sin Dog Jellyroll-Inversion EP

Patient Zero-EP 1

https://retropromenade.bandcamp.com/album/ep-1
by Gozu
Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some cool videos there Gozu. Insomniac is my favourite GD album aswell followed closely by Nimrod (minus Time of Your Life, f**k I hate that song).

Thanks mate. I'm the same Nimrod is my second favourite GD album too. What's interesting is Good Riddance was actually a b-side on the Brainstew/Jaded single and then they re-recorded it with the strings for Nimrod and it turned into a huge hit. I prefer the original version which is also a bit faster too.

This version of Hitchin' A Ride on Letterman was awesome.

5LrHPGsFLs4

NSFW, I still remember during an interview on Recovery they got up and played The Grouch with the house band's gear. They didn't come to Adelaide on that tour and I was going to go over to Melbourne to see them but I had a falling out with the chick I was kind of seeing at the time and going over with so didn't happen. We were going to go to the Recovery appearance too.

g_FoebzeH9s

Those were the days :)
by Gozu
Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's Dylan Lewis.....prior to selling out.

Also, there's Green Day... prior to selling out.

****, Green Day is a watered-down version of the band I loved as a teen.

Do you Green Day fans listen to Pinhead Gunpowder, Billie Joe and Jason White's other band?

To me, this is what Green Day would've sounded like if they hadn't sold out.

Oh yeah very much so. GD since American Idiot (or Warning really) have just been a MOR rock band. Two totally different bands.

I've got all of PG CD's and too thought of it as the 'real' GD. I especially love Goodbye Ellston Avenue which came out in between Insomniac & Nimrod and also the Carry The Banner EP is great too. Love the combo vocals.

I got the PG best of album Kick Over The Traces Japanese import version which comes with a full live show from 2008 for dirt cheap :)
by Gozu
Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everclear-So Much For The Afterglow

Europaweite Aussichten-Purgatory

Console Crusaders-Synthality

http://30thfloor.uk/album/synthality
by Gozu
Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP Jonah Lomu

How sad rugby legend Jonah Lomu has died age 40.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all- ... es--report

I know he had all those kidney problems but to go so young. I've never been into rugby at all but Jonah Lomu in full flight was something.

RIP
by Gozu
Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have seen the first 3 seasons of American Horror Story. At this stage the first I thought was the best.

Agreed they should've kept it at one season. Murder House was fantastic, Asylum a big letdown and Coven it started getting silly.

I still haven't bothered watching Freak Show or the new one Hotel yet.
by Gozu
Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally getting Faith No More's latest album Sol Invictus yesterday from JB for $10!
by Gozu
Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Harrowing footage.
by Gozu
Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rage tonight are showing two full 3 hour episodes of Recovery.

This morning they showed Metallica's special live appearance in the Recovery studios (wasn't an actual episode as such).
by Gozu
Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |