Buio Mondo-Italia Violenta

https://nooirax.bandcamp.com/album/italia-violenta
by Gozu
Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The best gig(s) you've seen.

Fantomas @ Adelaide Uni Bar 2000

Their first Australian tour and seeing a supergroup of the hard rock/metal world like that on the little Uni Bar stage was awesome. Dave Lombardo's drumming was earth shattering but all I can really remember was the Slayer medley they played at all their shows at that time. Mike Patton was getting Faith No More & Mr. Bungle requests all night which he refused to play.
I missed this gig, but had a mate who constantly raved about it at the time, in particular the Slayer medley (I'm told it was a medley of "Reign In Blood"). Really wished I'd seen it, if only for that medley of what I'd say is pretty close to the greatest metal album ever.

I saw them the following year at the Gov on the "Director's Cut" tour, hoping for the same Slayer medley, but sadly not. A very impressive live band, but fortunately because of my height and seemingly taler people all around me all I remember seeing is Dave Lombardo's flailing arms and at times a peek of Patton fiddling with his vocal effects unit. Patton's ability to use his voice like an instrument is second to none. Everyone went a bit crazy when they went into their version of the theme from "The Omen," complete with its Latin lyrics.

Yeah it was awesome I even bought a bootleg of the show from Verandah called 'Fantomas-Self-Destruct Adelaide 2000' and also saw Mr Bungle earlier that year and got that bootleg too 'A Dingo Ate My Baby'. The Fantomas show at The Gov doesn't hold great memories for me as I had long hair back then and a small chick behind me kept pulling my hair, I eventually snapped and yelled in her face. Ruined the whole show for me someone grabbing a handful of your hair and yanking it hard every five minutes.
by Gozu
Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Stone Temple Pilots-Purple

Scott Weiland-12 Bar Blues

Stilz-Drug Runner 84

SurgeryHead-Garbage Day aka Black Neon EP

https://surgeryhead.bandcamp.com/album/ ... black-neon
by Gozu
Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 NBL Season

I just need to post this here.

by Gozu
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Art Of Anarchy-S/T

Killer Instinct-Satanico Pandemonium

https://killerinstinctdarksynth.bandcam ... andemonium

Jupiter-8-Outrunnin' EP
by Gozu
Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Not sure about this Simmons business.
by Gozu
Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strikers win by 4 wickets!
by Gozu
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Scott Weiland

As a tribute to Scott Weiland the guys from Art Of Anarchy have made the album available to download for free.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott- ... -download/
by Gozu
Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Faith No More-Sol Invictus

Run Vaylor-Metropolis

Cat System Corp-Class of '84

https://colosseumrecords.bandcamp.com/album/class-of-84
by Gozu
Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last night Rage played Silverchair's Freak video clip and it just struck me how good that video still looks despite being nearly 20 years old now.

This live version of Freak though is where it's at.

by Gozu
Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

THE Turnbull government is in upheaval with one minister quitting over an incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar and another standing aside during a police investigation.

Cities and Built Environment Minister Jamie Briggs announced his resignation in Adelaide over a late-night incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar during an official visit last month.

In a shock move, Mr Turnbull announced shortly afterwards that Special Minister of State and Minister for Defence Materiel and Science Mal Brough had agreed to stand down pending the completion of a police investigation.

Mr Brough has come under fire after federal police executed a search warrant at his home over the James Ashby affair.

The departure of the two MPs will trigger a Cabinet shuffle, but Mr Turnbull’s statement did not say when this would occur.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/south-australian-liberal-jamie-briggs-quits-as-cities-and-built-environment-minister-in-malcolm-turnbull-government/news-story/c38a002e1376b3f22991c5408eabd339

The Libs have been a disaster in government and don't even have minority government to deal with.
by Gozu
Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strikers win by 8 wickets, you beauty!
by Gozu
Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really like this version of Bullet with Butterfly Wings.

by Gozu
Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

36ers vs Melbourne 7pm Friday night

by Gozu
Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watto strikes Jayawardene gone.
by Gozu
Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band-Millennium Monsterwork

Anders Manga-Hexed

20Six Hundred-The Cold Rise From Sleep
by Gozu
Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is music to the ears of us 36ers fans.

‘‘To be honest, he’s the best coach I ever had in my career and you can quote me on that,’’ Randle told the nbl.com podcast.

‘‘Just being an X’s and O’s coach doesn’t make you the best coach ever.

‘‘I think if you can have that great relationship with your players and have an open door policy with your players, I think that’s more important than X’s and O’s.

‘‘If you can get the best out of them and make them understand that this is a game and you just need to go out there and play free.’’

“I’m not too fond of Europe,” he said.

“I don’t feel they have the type of coaching skills Joey Wright has. They change your game a little bit.

“I’ve played overseas and I wasn’t allowed to do the things I’m allowed to here.

“Coach Joey is a great coach and he knows how to get the best out of his players.”

Randle is leading the NBL in scoring at 24.6 points per game, and is second in assists.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sixers-superstar-jerome-randle-rates-adelaide-mentor-joey-wright-as-the-best-coach-of-his-career/news-story/6752e8ad675284feda4aa00c358d6f32
by Gozu
Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Especially when your wife and your mates ex-wife are supposedly best friends and the two families used to go on holidays together when the kids were growing up too.
by Gozu
Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Best wishes for your dad TDK and condolences Wedgie in what must be a very tough time.
by Gozu
Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

So we can't even trust Olsen on terms to be "reviewed" annually.

I miss Whicker he'd of called bullshit to the entire operation upfront.

Olsen = clueless sell out

“Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable – that will not be part of our discussions on the licences, We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams).”

"A deal is a deal."
by Gozu
Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Aldi.

What overhyped rubbish.
by Gozu
Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melvins-Stoner Witch

Melvins-Lysol

Melvins-Electroretard
by Gozu
Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally after 12 years Kaada/Patton have a new album coming out 'Bacteria Cult' due on April 1st on Mike Patton's Ipecac label. They've just done a video for the song 'Imodium' and the album is up for pre-order on Ipecac's Bandcamp page:

https://kaadapatton.bandcamp.com/album/bacteria-cult

NSFW

PohCD7Umz98

Kaada/Patton-Romances

Crosses-EP 1

Who Ha-Synthwave Belongs In A Museum EP
by Gozu
Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 NBL Season/Off-season news/Boomers

Unfortunately now confirmed that Anthony Petrie has quit the 36ers despite assurances he was going to exercise his option to stay.

Heading to Brisbane supposedly.
by Gozu
Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

carey wrote:A mate just asked me right now who would you'd rather be- Port,Collingwood,Richmond or Freo?

I really can't answer that right now. I just don't know.

Port, Collingwood, Freo is one thing but my heart goes out to Richmond supporters.
by Gozu
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to find and buy Vynils

Very happy with the little swag I got today for $20.

CD's:

Red Hot Chili Peppers-One Hot Minute + bonus disc $5
Marilyn Manson-Mechanical Animals $5
Velvet Revolver-Contraband $2
Billy Corgan-The Future Embrace $2

DVD's:

The People Under The Stairs $2
1990: Bronx Warriors $2
Scanners III: The Takeover $2

Even caught up with Fat Ian there haven't seen him since the Andromeda/Big Star basement days reminiscing about the gloriousness of TISM.
by Gozu
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

helicopterking wrote:I take my hat off to Lynch.
Sacrificed his game to drag Gibson away from the kick and going 3rd man up and spoiling. That's the key to beating Hawks.
That move almost got the Crows over the line.

I get the shakes anytime I see Gibson come into view you just know he's going to spoil it.
by Gozu
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

I always thought Hawthorn would jag it it's in Melb. We can take heart we were better than the premiers for all but 20 seconds of the game.

A lot of positives to take out of it a great showing by the Crows in a big match.
You have to love the way the Crows moved the footy tonight, they were super impressive. As you said lots of positives for the Crows to take out of the game.

That's it we would've all had this game penciled in as a loss to come that close to beating the best says a lot. The hunger the Crows are playing with and the great brand of footy their playing is fantastic to see.
by Gozu
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Video footage of Black Sabbath's Adelaide show and setlist on Blabbermouth.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video- ... australia/
by Gozu
Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

General Patton vs The X-Ecutioners-S/T

https://ipecacrecordings.bandcamp.com/music

Noroi-Flesh Asphyxia
by Gozu
Mon May 02, 2016 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Crowds

PhilH wrote:Don't hate them ... just need to knock on the head the vicious rumour spread on here that our membership numbers are boosted by them.

"I am not an animal! I am a human being!"
by Gozu
Sun May 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kaada/Patton-Bacteria Cult

Misfits-Cuts From The Crypt

Misfits-Evillive II

The Encounter-The Mach Rider EP

http://retropromenade.bandcamp.com/album/the-mach-rider
by Gozu
Sun May 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Political advertising

And that folks, is why voting should be non-compulsory.

No way I have to disagree, is it because some choose to vote for the side you don't like i.e. Howard? The only winners with non-compulsory voting would be the big end of town. It's the poor and the disenfranchised that think their vote would mean nothing, their voice doesn't deserve to be heard so a lot wouldn't bother. Have you ever met a well off person who doesn't think their opinion means something? It would favour one side of politics heavily, the right.

It doesn't matter if some vote against their own best interests that's their choice but it's not exactly some huge burden to vote (or at worst pretend to) once every three years federally and once every four years state wise.
by Gozu
Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

As a user of the Gawler line - it ain't fine.

I agree with Wedgie I think people in general would much prefer more carriages than bothering with the electrification. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The Noarlunga line has had all sorts of problems with the electrification hullabaloo you even see 3-4 of the electric train carriages permanently sitting idle at the train station in the city, just a complete waste and then the Gawler trains are seemingly always packed to the brim with only two carriages to the point if you don't get there 2-3 minutes after the doors open you'll be standing for the journey. I'm a big guy too who can't physically fit in the regular seats my legs are too long so my options are always very limited.

With the huge amount of people living in the outer northern suburbs to the point Gawler not that long ago a country town has now become a part of Adelaide every train on that line especially in peak times should be at least three carriages. But pollies don't catch trains with the hoi polloi so they don't give a stuff, electrification sounds all nice and lovely but providing enough carriages doesn't make for a sexy headline.
by Gozu
Thu May 19, 2016 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Uh no.

If people don't give a ****, why should they be made to vote?

So their voice can be heard and they feel like they are a part of society.
by Gozu
Thu May 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

bennymacca wrote:Reckon there is a few tough ones this week.

How the hell do you tip crows gws?

By picking GWS.
by Gozu
Wed May 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 NBL Season/Off-season news/Boomers

Quite possibly the strongest Boomers team we have had?
11 standouts with a decent starting 5.

I would rate the 2000 Olympic team that finished 4th our best.

Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, Luc Longley, Mark Bradtke, Andrew Vlahov, Ricky Grace, Sam MacKinnon, Chris Anstey, Paul Rogers, Jason Smith, Brett Maher, Martin Cattalini.

When BA first announced the 26 man squad I think they said it would be culled to 16 so I think one has been added more for his service than being a genuine chance of being on the team and I think that's Exum. He's only just been cleared for contact and I highly doubt the Jazz would let him play. Aside from that I don't think Exum would be in our best 12 anyway.

Dellavedova/Lisch
Mills/Newley/Goulding
Ingles/Broekhoff
Andersen/Motum/Bairstow
Bogut/Baynes

That would be my team.
by Gozu
Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Broadcasting

With 23 weeks across the minor round, there are going to be weekends where there are games not being covered...

Three weekends in a row it seems. Good thing the SANFL aren't paying for such shitty coverage, oh wait.

This is not including the weeks C7 are covering the Olympics as they cover 2 games in the one weekend, at times, to make this up...

Makes perfect sense take 3 weeks off mid-season and instead show 2 games in the same weekend at some point later in the season.

Nothing makes up for it this is a reaming of the highest order.

Some Channel 7 drone: "Pay us a $1 million a year to not televise your games."

Olsen: "Deal. Where do I sign?"
by Gozu
Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melvins-Basses Loaded

S.T.R.S.G.N.-C Is For Carpenter EP

https://strsgn.bandcamp.com/album/c-is-for-carpenter

S.T.R.S.G.N.-Manhunter EP

https://strsgn.bandcamp.com/album/manhunter
by Gozu
Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting I would've thought Bob Katter already had the redneck vote locked up in his electorate so this might be telling us something other than he's a complete lunatic.
by Gozu
Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

That's the thing if Caro were a bloke she wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of detractors that she has in the industry. It is precisely because she is a woman why the boys club keep going after her. Caro has had so much shit thrown at her over the years despite clearly being one of the best in the business. The amount of behind the scenes info she gets from clubs is probably second to none.

The fact she doesn't slink away back to the kitchen/womens sport etc (like that uppity Underwood chick who called AFL games) drives these dinosaurs crazy.
by Gozu
Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:The Chilis have had plenty of detractors over their lengthy career

by Gozu
Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd forgotten about that.

I was more thinking this: 'I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the **** is this garbage?' And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.' - Nick Cave.

Great quote! :lol:

Even though now they're just mediocre radio friendly elevator music I still rate Blood Sugar Sex Majik and IMO the unfairly maligned One Hot Minute.
by Gozu
Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The debut EP of Phil Anselmo's new extreme metal band Scour streaming in full.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/philip ... streaming/

Not bad at all and the best vocals I've heard from him in a long time.
by Gozu
Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Faith No More to release first album in 18 years this Ap

Holy shit! FNM are putting out deluxe editions of 'King For A Day' and 'Album Of The Year' in September!

"King For A Day" deluxe edition track listing:

Disc 1

01. Get Out
02. Ricochet
03. Evidence
04. The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies
05. Star A.D.
06. Cuckoo For Caca
07. Caralho Voador
08. Ugly In The Morning
09. Digging The Grave
10. Take This Bottle
11. King For A Day
12. What A Day
13. The Last To Know
14. Just A Man

Disc 2

01. Evidence [Version en Español]
02. Absolute Zero
03. Greenfields
04. I Started A Joke
05. Spanish Eyes
06. I Won't Forget You
07. Hippie Jam
08. Instrumental
09. I Wanna **** Myself
10. Evidence [Versão em Português]
11. Digging The Grave [Live]
12. The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies [Live]
13. Interview [B-Side]

"Album Of The Year" deluxe edition track listing:

Disc 1

01. Collision
02. Stripsearch
03. Last Cup Of Sorrow
04. Naked In Front Of The Computer
05. Helpless
06. Mouth To Mouth
07. Ashes To Ashes
08. She Loves Me Not
09. Got That Feeling
10. Paths Of Glory
11. Home Sick Home
12. Pristina

Disc 2

01. Pristine [Billy Gould Mix]
02. Last Cup Of Sorrow [Roli Mosimann Mix]
03. She Loves Me Not [Spinna Main Mix]
04. Ashes To Ashes [Hard Knox Alt. Mix]
05. Light Up And Let Go
06. The Big Kahuna
07. This Guy's In Love With You
08. Collision [Live]

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/faith-no-more-deluxe-editions-of-king-for-a-day-album-of-the-year-due-in-september/
by Gozu
Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |