Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge $5
Rob Zombie - Educated Horses $5
Cradle of Filth - Lovecraft & Witch Hearts $5
Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low $5
Portishead - S/T $3
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way $2
The Cranberries - No Need To Argue $2
Right Said Fred - Up $1

And afterwards picked up a Coffin Joe 4 disc dvd box set and two 2000 AD progs for $10 total from the Fisherman's Wharf markets.

Cooking with gas :D
by Gozu
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017/18 NBL Season/Boomers

Some great news for the 36ers with Daniel Johnson re-signing with us to a 3 year deal.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/artic ... with-36ers
by Gozu
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide Sat 1410

Corona Man wrote:Ummm... who won?

Apathy
by Gozu
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Sad news with the passing of R. Lee Ermey at age 74. He was best known for his role in Full Metal Jacket but I loved him as Sheriff Hoyt in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake and it's prequel.

RIP
by Gozu
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Woqsav40Tzg

The writing was on the wall for our relationship with Polydor when the shooting of a video for Kickin' On was cancelled one day out. There could be no other conclusion than that they had decided to stop throwing good money after bad. It was a shame because it was going to feature us bowling to each other in the nets at Mt. Eliza cricket ground and would have proved once and for all that, pound for pound, there was not a better bowling line up to be found in any other band in the country. We cut the cover picture of Peter Brock in a Torana T-shirt out of a magazine. Shortly after the single's release we spoke to the man himself during a live talk back show on Channel V after his daughter rang in to say that she had the single and her dad liked it. This song was going to be a B-Side. It ended up on the album and we were then made to re-record it for release as a single.

http://www.thefauves.com/disco.htm
by Gozu
Thu May 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

Booney wrote:
Gozu wrote:How come there isn't a game on TV this weekend?

The Port game in China is on at 2:45 local time on Saturday.

That game was on Saturday, there was an SANFL game on Sunday but instead they showed some Brisbane AFL game.

At least this weekend we're getting a game on TV.
by Gozu
Sat May 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Brodlach wrote:Might be a different result when we have players back. Some are also clearly playing sore/under done

That's all true but the effort shown today was pretty bloody ordinary.
by Gozu
Sun May 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

System of A Down - Mezmerize

System of A Down - Hypnotize
by Gozu
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man, I love The Mavis's!

They were such a good live band too. They were good in the studio but two of my favourite live gigs ever were The Mavis's at the uni bar in '97 & '98.

So the Venus Returning and Pink Pills tours?

'Snow White Line' would have to be in my top 10 songs of all-time.

Yep, I love that song too. They've got some great songs Thunder, Moon Drone Gold, Cry, Naughty Boy, Coming Home, Lever etc.

Did you know they just released a demos/rarities album called Beaches? You can download it for free/name your price.

https://themaviss.bandcamp.com/album/beaches

That Video Video song is from Matt's new synthwave band it's a pretty good album called Planet of Storms.

https://future80s.bandcamp.com/album/planet-of-storms
by Gozu
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

stan wrote:The only question left now is, how many pages will the spread in the local fish wrapper tomorrow be?

It will start with a big apology from that clown Rucci. At least it should. Hopefully this will be the final straw that sees The Tiser stick him in a rocket and fire him at the sun.
by Gozu
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:Matt is still sounding great, but he sounds even better with Becky.

I quite like what I'm hearing from Video Video. Cheers for the heads up! :D

Agreed he does. No worries! :)
by Gozu
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Jonah Bolden the son of former NBL legend Bruce has now become the record 10th Australian in the NBA next season signing with Philly to a 4 year deal after they drafted him in 2017. His new teammate Ben Simmons is also the son of a former NBL import Dave Simmons. Then you've got Cecil Exum's son Dante at the Jazz too.

Jonah Bolden, Ben Simmons, Dante Exum, Patty Mills, Aron Baynes, Matthew Dellavedova, Joe Ingles, Thon Maker, Mangok Mathiang & Ryan Broekhoff.

I remember back in the early-mid '90's how stoked I was see a second Aussie make it to the NBA when the Washington Bullets signed Andrew Gaze to a couple of 10 day contracts joining Luc Longley in the show.

It's crazy for a nation of our small size to now have 10 Aussies in the NBA :D
by Gozu
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017/18 NBL Season/Boomers/Off-Season news

Basketball Australia have announced the Boomers will play their next round of FIBA World Cup qualifiers in Victoria. The Boomers will play Kazakhstan in Bendigo on the 17th September along with two games in Melbourne at Margaret Court Arena against Iran on the 30th November and Qatar on the 3rd December.
by Gozu
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2018/19 NBL season schedule has been released and Andrew Bogut will make his debut for the Kings in Sydney against the 36ers on Saturday October 13. The 36ers will then host the Kings on Friday October 20, our first game is at home against Perth on Thursday October 11th.

Some highlights from the schedule include:

-The first ever Melbourne Cup eve clash between the Sydney Kings and Melbourne United at Hisense Arena on Monday November 5

-An open air game between last season’s Grand Finalists Melbourne and Adelaide at Hisense Arena on Boxing Day

-Two New Year’s Eve games with the Illawarra Hawks to play Brisbane Bullets at the WIN Entertainment Centre and Cairns Taipans hosting the Perth Wildcats at Cairns Convention Centre

-Eight games across the Australia Day weekend including Sydney to host Perth at Qudos Bank Arena on January 27 and Adelaide to host Melbourne on January 28

-New Zealand to host four regional games

-An increase in the number of Sunday games from 32 to 35 in a win for families

-The season to start a week later on October 11 to accommodate seven games featuring five NBL teams in the NBA Preseason

https://nbl-com-au.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2018/07/2018_19-Schedule.pdf
by Gozu
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

How fat is Stevie Dew.
How can someone with access to dieticians, gyms, trainers, etc become so fat.
He is actually obese.

Would it restrict his day to day training of his team?
I know coaches don’t train as much physically as years gone by but surely he still needs to be able to run.

He won't last long as an AFL coach you can't respect a coach that out of shape. When he barks at the players to run harder someone will tell him to get off his fat arse and do it himself. A coach doesn't need to be in the same shape as the players but you're not going to get much respect from the playing group at that size.
by Gozu
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well hell has frozen over 36ers F/C Daniel Johnson has made the Boomers team!

The team has been picked for the qualifier against Qatar in Doha on September 14 a game against Kazakhstan in Bendigo on September 17 will follow.

Full Boomers Team for FIBA World Cup Qualifier vs Qatar:

Todd Blanchfield - Illawarra Hawks
Angus Brandt - Perth Wildcats
Jason Cadee - Brisbane Bullets
Anthony Drmic - Adelaide 36ers
Matt Hodgson - Brisbane Bullets
Daniel Johnson - Adelaide 36ers
Nick Kay - Perth Wildcats
Kevin Lisch - Sydney Kings
Mitch McCarron - Melbourne United
Mitch Norton - Perth Wildcats
Nathan Sobey - Adelaide 36ers
Jesse Wagstaff - Perth Wildcats

Boomers Second Round FIBA World Cup Qualification Schedule:

September 14: Australia vs. Qatar in Doha at 1:00am AEST
September 17: Australia vs. Kazakhstan at Bendigo Stadium at 7:00pm AEST

November 30: Australia vs. Iran at Margaret Court Arena
December 3: Australia vs. Qatar at Margaret Court Arena

February 21: Australia vs. Kazakhstan. Time TBC
February 24: Australia vs. Iran. Time TBC

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/43406-boomers-team-named-for-september-fiba-wc-qualifier
by Gozu
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AC/DC - Ballbreaker

Consecration - Rememberance
by Gozu
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:Seb Guilhas has gone bang on Facebook.

Copy and paste on here

by Gozu
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

knowledge wrote:What was the North interchange official doing? Must be dyslexic!

Looking the other way as Josh Carr ran out onto the ground whilst pulling a knuckle duster out of his sock ;)
by Gozu
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 36ers play their only home pre-season game on Tuesday night against the Cairns Taipans before departing for the US to play the Utah Jazz.

Broadcast details available for the 36ers v Jazz yet?

Saturday 6th October 9:30am on NBL TV & NBA League Pass

All NBL x NBA games live on ESPN & NBA League Pass and delayed on NBL TV except the 36ers game not on ESPN.

Sat 29th Sep 8:30am - Melbourne at Philadelphia

Sun 30th Sep 10:30am - Perth at Utah

Mon 1st Oct 2:00pm - Sydney at LA Clippers

Thu 4th Oct 12:30pm - NZ Breakers at Phoenix

Sat 6th Oct 8:30am - Melbourne at Toronto

Sat 6th Oct 9:30am - Adelaide at Utah

Sat 6th Oct 10:30am - Perth at Denver

Edit: Only the 36ers game will be live on NBL TV all of the other games shown on delay on NBL TV.
by Gozu
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 NBL Season

Brodlach wrote:Breakers would have been tired after their US visit

At least both us and the Wildcats are in the same boat

That's true and something that skipped my mind.
by Gozu
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:That’s totally f#cked my weekend now, I despise losing to those pricks.

:lol:

We get another crack at them here on Sunday
by Gozu
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Final

Sixers 104
Hawks 79

Great bounce back win
by Gozu
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you reading now?

Funnily enough I just finished reading a book on another notorious serial killer.

The Jeffrey Dahmer Story: An American Nightmare by Don Davis.
by Gozu
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Sixers were nothing short of pathetic in the final few minutes

Don't have a good point guard to make the smart plays.

That has stood out like dog's balls all season as much as I love Sobey he's not a natural PG and that shows in crunch time.
by Gozu
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

amber_fluid wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Vance Joy tonight, RHCP Sunday and Millencolin/Goldfinger on Monday night, bring it on.

Heading in Sunday to see RHCP.
Looking forward too it!

They're great live too

;)
by Gozu
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good news Adelaide Uni Bar will be returning as a live music venue albeit in a slightly different location reopening March 25.

SA live music venue Adelaide UniBar will return this month under new management.

The venue was forced to close last November, with former management stating it would be relaunched by the university at some stage in an unknown capacity.

Rebranding to UniBar ADL, the live music hotspot has been moved down two floors to ground level, opening onto the Cloisters courtyard and lawns.

Its new location means it can host gigs indoors to a capacity of 500 as well as outdoors, for up to 2,000 punters.

The new team behind the venue, who also oversees festivals Beer & BBQ and A Day On The Can, wants to “bring an extensive live music program back to the venue which has been a staple in the live music venue scene of Adelaide for so long”.

https://themusic.com.au/article/rQ-1oaCjoqU/beloved-sa-live-music-venue-to-reopen-its-doors-under-new-management/

Got some good memories from the old Uni Bar.
by Gozu
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

This has kind of always been the problem with the Crows since they entered the comp. They're my team and have been since '91 but the club has always been far too conservative. Too scared to bottom and make the hard decisions. Blighty came in and made the immediate changes clearing out the deadwood favourite sons and that immediately turned into back to back premierships and we haven't won anything or looked like winning another one in the 20+ years since.

Pyke is IMO an average coach nothing special but not terrible either and I don't envy the position he finds himself in. He's in between a rock and a hard place. He knows guys like Walker, Betts, Jacobs, Douglas, Otten etc need to be moved on but the club would be too fearful of doing it so he has to tread water by dropping one here or there (although Tex is seemingly untouchable) crossing his fingers and hoping for the best.

This maybe making the finals maybe just missing out stuff does nothing for the club. I can understand staying with the status quo last year in the hope 2017 wasn't our last shot in the locker but after the embarrassment of 2018 the team should've bottomed out to start rebuilding through the draft. 2019 has only confirmed 2018 wasn't an aberration and we are no longer legitimate premiership contenders. Get rid of Pyke at season's end and 5 or 6 of the oldies (I could handle Gibbs staying on too good a player still).

I had a mate visit from interstate yesterday and we watched both the SANFL & AFL games and I said to him this game against Carlton is make or break time. We should win and win convincingly but it wouldn't surprise me if we found a way to lose. The Crows never looked like winning the game. This needs to be the biggest offseason at the club since '96 but it won't be.
by Gozu
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 NBL Season + Off-season News

I feel a bit for the people who bought tickets to those two big games against Team USA thinking they were going to see a star studded USA team which with all the withdrawals now looks like it's worst team with NBA players since 1992 and thinking they would see Ben Simmons playing for us.

When Simmons decided to skip the World Cup but made himself available to play in the four warm up games here against the USA & Canada I was actually hoping either BA would tell him no or he would reconsider and skip the lot. It would've hurt our preparations and structures too much to have him play in those games and then needing to rejig on the fly at the WC.

It's a shame for the ticket buyers because he's supposedly back in Melbourne now but better for our chances at the WC he doesn't play.
by Gozu
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 NBL Season + Off-season News

South-East Melbourne Phoenix have confirmed Mitch Creek will be returning to the NBL to play for them this season after playing last season in the US in the NBA & G-League.

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/mitch-creek-commits-to-south-east-melbourne-phoenix-for-nbl20

Basketball Australia have added Jason Cadee to the Boomers World Cup squad to replace Ben Simmons.

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/jason-cadee-joins-boomers-world-cup-squad

Cadee like Simmons didn't score any points in last year's NBL playoffs ;)
by Gozu
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr. Bungle reunite for first shows in 20 years

This is great news and Dave Lombardo (Slayer) & Scott Ian (Anthrax) are joining Mike Patton, Trevor Dunn & Trey Spruance in the band :shock:

MR. BUNGLE will perform "The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny", the Eureka-born band's 1986 self-produced/released demo, in a trio of early 2020 shows: February 7 at the Fonda Theatre (Los Angeles), February 8 at the Warfield Theatre (San Francisco) and February 10 at Brooklyn Steel (New York City). The dates mark both the first time MR. BUNGLE has performed in close to 20 years and the first time these songs have been played live in over 30 years.

Original MR. BUNGLE members Trevor Dunn, Mike Patton and Trey Spruance will be joined by Scott Ian (ANTHRAX, S.O.D.) and Dave Lombardo (DEAD CROSS, SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) for what is sure to be one of the most talked about musical moments of 2020.

Feb. 07 - Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda Theatre
Feb. 08 - -San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre
Feb. 10 - New York, NY @ Brooklyn Steel

Tickets go on sale this Friday, August 16 at 10 a.m. local time. There will be no additional cities added to this itinerary

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mr-bungle-to-reunite-for-first-shows-in-nearly-20-years/
by Gozu
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Superjesus + Violetine @ The Gov Sat 7th Sep

Looking forward to this on Sat night!

The Gov is a great live venue the sound everything. I went and saw Cradle of Filth there last night seeing them for the first time I had a great viewing spot over near the second bar area (which was closed) could see singer Dani Filth and keyboardist Lindsay Schoolcraft perfectly. Their lead guitarist Marek Smerda is a real character saluting the crowd during and after solos. To be honest I've never seen a band as technically impressive as they are, great night.

They even played their Cruelty and The Beast album in full for it's 20th Anniversary (21st really) and finished the night with their classic song Her Ghost in the Fog.

Love The Gov, hope you have a good time too.
by Gozu
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup

I just realised by get you meant do we beat France?

Hopefully, we really should beat DR which with the win over Lithuania would almost guarantee a spot in the semi-finals and thus playing off for a medal.
by Gozu
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been on a huge metal kick lately, loving this new song from Sepultura.

by Gozu
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Betts was on $550k a year but that's right he wanted to keep playing AFL footy something he wasn't going to be able to do if he stayed at the Crows.

Good deal for all involved, Crows get a decent pick and save a lot on his contract, Carlton get Betts and only had to give him 1 year and he gets to keep playing AFL footy next year.
by Gozu
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eloy's a hell of a drummer just a shame about Derrick's vocals.
by Gozu
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bowie was a great talent funny you mention him as I recently discovered this guy called Black Market who does dub versions of popular songs whilst keeping the main ingredients of the songs that made them popular and I love what he did on his Bowie in Dub album.

https://blackmarketdub.bandcamp.com/album/bowie-in-dub
by Gozu
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |