Search found 540 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

I'm old enough to remember when Brent Guerra was bald.
by Gozu
Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Rob Zombie-Hellbilly Deluxe II (SE)

Fear Factory-Obsolete (SE)
by Gozu
Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Short-lived TV shows

FC, agree Double The Fist was gold!

Just remembered the short lived ABC comedy Very Small Business about a dodgy small business owner was excellent too, after that show failed the husband/wife team then went on to do The Librarians.
by Gozu
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Short-lived TV shows

GWW wrote:I think it was Ed Phillips who hosted Temptation. I think he also hosted a quiz show on ch10 in late 90's, only went for a year or 2. Anyone remember the title of the show (I think it was based on a board game). I think "Barbarella" may have even featured in it.

Battle of the Sexes.
by Gozu
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regurgitator-Dirty Pop Fantasy
by Gozu
Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Even though I think it's a couple of years old now this guy's incredible dancing still puts a smile on my face everytime.

by Gozu
Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Muse movie

I'm old enough to remember when Muse were a good band.

by Gozu
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

That Australia A vs England match is on Gem starting Wed 6th Nov, I think it's a four day tour match.
by Gozu
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Bully wrote:Yeah, its abbotts fault on the spying. The night he won the election he setup phone tapping with our neighbours as soon as he stepped off the platform announcing his win.

So it wasn't done via the Boat Phone? ;)
by Gozu
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rite-Price Grocery

I don't mind Rite Price I go there every few weeks but never for serious shopping (meat, veggies, milk etc) , most people know that though. Soft drinks, sugary lollies, chips can hold up alright even if 6 months out of date. I bought a pack of jelly beans once for 50c that was six months out of date and didn't taste any different to the full price $2-$3 you get in the supermarket.

From time to time they also sell American soft drinks like 12 can packs of Dr Pepper, Tab etc for $10.

If you notice this can you let me know. Dr Pepper is the greatest drink in the world. GoLo near me has 2ltr bottles for $5, but its the UK made Dr Pepper, which I think tastes different.

True it does, the US one is much better than the Dublin one. They had a shitload of those 12 pack half slabs for $10 about 3-4 months ago of all kinds Dr Pepper, Dr Pepper Cherry, Tab, Pepsi Wild Cherry, Mountain Dew Code Red, Strawberry Fanta but pretty much just Tab and regular Pepsi's left now.

If the Dr Pepper's ever come again I'll let you know.
by Gozu
Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tomahawk-Oddfellows

Sepultura-A-Lex
by Gozu
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 NBL Season

Round 10 results:

Perth 71 (Ennis 16, Knight 15, Redhage 12, Martin 11) def New Zealand 62 (Vukona 16, Abercrombie 15, Johnson 14)

Cairns 87 (Tragardh 24, Gliddon 15, Steindl 10) def Townsville 74 (Conklin 15, Holmes 10, Markovic 10, Pace 10)

Wollongong 69 (Tiggs 18, Clarke 16, Davidson 10) def Sydney 63 (Young 28, Garlepp 11)

Melbourne 76 (Worthington 18, Ballinger 14, Goulding 14, Farrakhan 11) def Townsville 71 (Conklin 22, Pace 10)

Adelaide 91 (Johnson 21, Gibson 16, Petrie 13) def Cairns 67 (Young 11, Gliddon 10)
by Gozu
Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your top 5 video clips

Mr Oizo-Flat Beat

Autechre-Gantz Graf

Bjork-Pagan Poetry

Aphex Twin-Windowlicker

Pearl Jam-Do The Evolution

Not an official music video but best TV performance ever?

Tomahawk-God Hates A Coward

by Gozu
Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Excellent post, bennymacca!
by Gozu
Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Strikers 6/57

This is embarrassing.
by Gozu
Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rob Zombie-Mondo Sex Head
by Gozu
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Taity class death bowling again, if not for our jellyback fielders he would've had 5fa.
by Gozu
Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What DVD are you watching?

Zodiac-Director's Cut
by Gozu
Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Secret Chiefs 3-Satellite Supersonic Vol. 1
by Gozu
Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Squids wrote:
Gozu wrote:Feral neighbours.

It always amazes me some of the people that are allowed to exist in society.

Close, Salisbury.
by Gozu
Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ennio Morricone-Film Music 1966-1987
by Gozu
Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Stone-Issue One

Secret Chiefs 3-Xaphan: Book of Angels Volume 9

Sepultura-Tribus EP
by Gozu
Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

Didn't you go and see Bungle in 2000 when they played at Adel Uni Cloisters, FC?

Unfortunately I didn't... I presume that was an over 18's show? If not, I am really kicking myself. Although, Patton and Trey Spruance have buried the hatchet...

To be honest I can't remember. It wasn't that great a show though in hindsight I would've rather gone to one of those '96 shows.
by Gozu
Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Libs have never been good at economics it's called a mortgage. Everyone understands you pay off your debt (mortgage) over time.

This bullshit about 'we're going to have the budget back in surplus by year x' is rubbish, both sides say that crap because it appeals to a few idiots so good luck to them.
by Gozu
Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Liberal candidate for the Salisbury saying his constituents were all smelly and unemployed

On the way to my local polling booth I saw two corflutes of Anthony Antoniadis lying on the ground of the stobie pole they once adorned. I nearly grabbed one for posterity. You'll never hear anything from that guy again.
by Gozu
Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: Very good, Roxy I've been waiting years for it to happen with no success ;)

I predict Jimmy will at some point compare SA's economy to Greece for the third consecutive term.
by Gozu
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

dedja wrote:Downer is only marginally below the Poodle ... righteous, silver spoon, useless git

To quote PJK, "The idiot son of the aristocracy"
by Gozu
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus I think he had more important things on his mind than remembering what topping he had on his pizza :roll:
by Gozu
Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (Miscellaneous debris)

Unfortunately last nights episode of Keating was the 4th and final episode, they were fantastic and he was from the days when politicans actually had ideological views and personal opinions, not the cardboard cut-outs we've been served up by both sides in recent times. Even Howard tried to be as bland and inoffensive as possible until the ideological mask came off in 2004 when he got control of the Senate and gave us WorkChoices.

There might be a few episodes of Keating on ABC iView if you missed it. I'll get the DVD when it comes out because I want to watch all four of them again and it will sit nicely alongside my Keating!-The Musical DVD ;)
by Gozu
Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (Miscellaneous debris)

This April fools joke from Crikey's Bernard Keane had me going for a bit:

Tony Abbott has made two political appointments to the SBS, with ex-minister Sophie Mirabella to chair the board that will now include News Corporation columnist Piers Akerman.

http://www.crikey.com.au/2014/04/01/political-appointments-mirabella-to-chair-sbs-board-ackerman-joins/
by Gozu
Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 NBL Season

Johno6 wrote:I'm not confident on a wildcats 2-0 win. But I bloody hope it is coz I wanna be there for the win.

I know it was the obvious choice but still pretty sure gozu and I tipped this finals match up at start of season. Haha

I tipped the 36ers to make the GF last season too and we finished bottom!
by Gozu
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Green Day-Demolicious

Melvins-Sugar Daddy Live

Rendezvous-Cannibal Hologram

https://soundcloud.com/finderskeepersre ... l-hologram
by Gozu
Sat May 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - Adelaide v Port Reserves Post Match

Thought I'd mention the official bests for each team.

Port: Moore, Summerton, Krakouer, Mitchell, Amon, Logan, Bruggemann

Crows: Martin, Lyons, Otten, Walker, Kelly, Ellis-Yolmen
by Gozu
Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Even though I don't think he's ever picked the Crows once in his tips I actually think Tredrea is alright. I agree with a lot of his opinions in his weekly SA wrap on Footy Classified.

Caro is alright and I think she cops a lot of shit being a woman that she wouldn't if she were a man. She's good at her job as an investigative footy journo/reporter.

Rucci though is a complete joke. His snide, smart-arse articles written from his ivory tower convey a quite unhealthy inferiority complex. No one cares about your running battles with everyone from politicians to former players in a lame attempt to generate conflict and discussion. Stick to vanilla "player x has a limp at training and might miss the big game this weekend" stuff or better yet go back to writing real-estate articles.

Surely The Advertiser can find a better 'Chief Football Writer' somewhere in this state? Just give it to whoever ghosts Tredders articles that'll do.
by Gozu
Fri May 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What DVD are you watching?

Fantastic Four I & II

Julian McMahon as Doctor Doom Uh, no.

The Toxic Avenger

Still a classic all these years on.
by Gozu
Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

:shock:

King Buzzo (Melvins) @ Enigma Bar Wed 13th Aug
by Gozu
Wed May 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Down-IV: Part 1-The Purple EP

Death Waltz Recording Co.-Metaluna magazine mix for Record Store Day

https://soundcloud.com/deathwaltzrecs/m ... -store-day
by Gozu
Sat May 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 IPL Season

Mumbai Indians chase down 190 in 14.4 overs to qualify for the semi-finals:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/cri ... 6930985285
by Gozu
Mon May 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Never seen zodiac, but if you are a fan of serial killer crime dramas then I highly recommend Snowtown. Probably another movie where you have to know a fair bit of the backstory to make it accessible but I thought it handled the subject brilliantly. And the acting by Daniel henshall was superb

Agreed. Zodiac is a fantastic movie (get the director's cut version) and Snowtown is a very well made movie. It's one of the most sad, depressing and powerful films I've ever seen that is still too close to home. I watched it again last weekend as last week was the 15th anniversary since their arrest and it still feels like you're watching a documentary. Justin Kurzel did a great job with Snowtown.

Daniel Henshall was brilliant and he and Justin Kurzel's wife Essie Davis (Phryne Fisher from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries) star together in new aussie horror/thriller The Babadook which has just come out.
by Gozu
Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

LOL, MHS had only ever been about MHS ...

So the Evans, Chapmans, Halls, etc, etc haven't been?
My view is that anyone who wants to be a career politician should NOT be allowed to be a politician at all.
Two terms maximum then go back to your real job with not more benefits than any other worker/employee...

That and ban Lawyers who care only about winning the debating game rather than what constitutes truth or justice. ;)

I spoke at length with a recently elected liberal M.P. soon after it was announced he'd be a liberal candidate.
The major reason he gave up his previous high profile media job was because he could go no further with it without moving interstate.
His words "so i thought i'd take up politics"
Put me right off straight away. Its a vocation not a JOB.

I actually like your idea Psyber.

Corey Wingard wasn't that flash at his previous job anyway.

When doing courtside reporting for 36ers games on Ten would supposedly bag the NBL when his mic was off.
by Gozu
Sat May 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mike Patton-Crank: High Voltage soundtrack

Virgin Black-Sombre Romantic
by Gozu
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mike Patton-Crank: High Voltage soundtrack

Virgin Black-Sombre Romantic

Saw Virgin Black open for Opeth about a decade ago at Heaven/HQ and thought they were ok. Purchased this album but could never get into it.

I don't blame you it's not much chop. I remember hearing an early song of theirs a few times on 3d's Powersurge in the mid-90's and loved it but it's not on the demo or EP they did before this album.
by Gozu
Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Do you think we have been unsuccessful over the past 25 years? I think we have. Wouldn't have taken much more than a bit more luck to play in a couple of grand finals

Define successful? Two premierships in the club's existence, Brisbane won more than that in a 3 year period. I think the club kind of lost it's way in the Neil Craig years, near enough was good enough. Not even one GF appearance to show for the dominance of 2005-2006.
by Gozu
Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eyvind Kang-Athlantis

Tomahawk-Anonymous
by Gozu
Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Less than an hour and a half into the tournament and Stosur already eliminated :roll:
by Gozu
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |