Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Melvins-Hold It In

Melvins-Freak Puke
by Gozu
Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014/15 NBL Season

Thanks for the update. Haven't seen much on a TV anymore. With the popularity of NBA I'm surprised the NBL isn't on TV more or on Foxtel

No worries, the NBL has the two games on Ten/One each weekend (I post which games each Thurs night for anyone that might be interested) plus every game is on nbl.tv online but the 5-year contract with Ten expires at the end of this season and they've been roundly criticised for their lack of marketing and just general apathetic coverage and most NBL fans are hoping they sign with another network for next season.

In an ideal world the NBL wants every game broadcasted and live whether that happens or not is a different thing. Supposedly channel 7 are interested because they need content as they're looking to make their 7mate channel a sports only channel and Fox Sports have also been mentioned as they could probably meet the every game broadcasted & live aspect as they have plenty of channels and lost the Big Bash cricket to Ten (Ten's interest in the NBL went out the window once they got the rights to the BBL, understandably).

One thing the NBL has never managed to do well is capitalise on how popular the NBA is in Australia. We all view the NBL as inferior (which of course it is compared to the NBA, just like every other league in the world) but the standard of the NBL has arguably never been greater, we're losing players to the NBA regularly now and getting talent like a Josh Childress (who IMO is still easily NBA standard) and NBA teams are farming out 2nd round draft picks to teams here now like Miami did with James Ennis in Perth last season, Toronto with DeAndre Daniels in Perth again this season and Philly with Jordan McRae at Melb this season too.

Nothing speaks higher of the calibre of the NBL currently than NBA teams essentially loaning us players they previously would've sent to the best leagues in Europe like in Spain, Greece and Italy. Throw in the fact NBA merchandise & League Pass subscriptions sell like hot cakes in Australia so the NBL should really make sure it gets this next TV contract right.
by Gozu
Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Lyon was our best bowler in this series against India who also love playing spin. Even won us the match in Adelaide.

Like Chapelli says he's now made the #1 spinner spot his own.
by Gozu
Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Pretty big surprise this, congrats to Tex. I hope the captaincy goes well for him.
by Gozu
Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Lyon was our best bowler in this series against India who also love playing spin . Even won us the match in Adelaide.

Like Chapelli says he's now made the #1 spinner spot his own.
Is that your opinion on how many wickets he took?? Because Im pretty sure he had alot of runs made against him as well. There were other bowlers that took less wickets but had no where near as many runs made against them.

From what I saw I thought Lyon was our best bowler, the stats back this up.

Lyon: 23wk @ 34.82 rpo 3.58

Johnson: 13wk @ 35.53 rpo 3.77

Hazlewood: 12wk @ 29.33 rpo 2.80

Harris: 10wk @ 33.40 rpo 2.65

Starc: 7wk @ 36 rpo 3.31

Watson: 5wk @ 48.80 rpo 2.88
by Gozu
Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

Excellent little knock from Botha
by Gozu
Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

If you're old enough to remember TISM this might be the gig for you

Damian Cowell's Disco Machine @ Jade Monkey Fri 20th Mar

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2015/01 ... and-album/
by Gozu
Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

RustyCage wrote:Saw TISM live twice, brilliant

Unfortunately I only saw them once. TISM, Regurgitator & The Fauves at Thebby in 1998, what a show it was.
by Gozu
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

There is a lot Fleming and this other dickpube could be talking about in the cricket world currently including the game at hand but they just dribble so much shit. How can they continue a discussion on their shirts being off. Punter must be on great coin to work crook and sit between these two oxygen thieves.

And Howie is much better than Andy maher too!

Fleming is ok though

Mark Howard is quite possibly the worst commentator in the history of cricket. I reckon he's even got James Brayshaw covered.
by Gozu
Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The Redba...I mean Strikers.
by Gozu
Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014/15 NBL Season

Bad news for the Kings with Josh Childress out for the rest of the season with a torn pec muscle from the loss to the 36ers.
by Gozu
Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I've finally gotten around to watching Friday Night Lights, and am enjoying it thus far (late in season 1).

Also the missus has latched on to the United States Of Tara so have been watching that with her - Pretty funny show and Toni Collette is genius in it (but sadly still has the head of a bashed crab)

Brie Larsen is so ******* hot though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dAA620_xjgs/UksreKCn9iI/AAAAAAACEwM/Ebs8dHZ7IPQ/s1600/brie+larson+sitting+on+a+cake.gif
by Gozu
Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

If you have to choose between Botha and Cosgrove as our 'overseas player' I'd take Botha over Cossie any day. If Cossie was good enough he would've already been a first choice selection and if Zampa is good enough he would've been picked as the #1 spinner and Botha could play exclusively as an all-rounder.

I wasn't a fan of bringing in an import to captain our side when we first signed Botha but I think in his 2.5 years with us he's played some pretty good cricket, shown good leadership, is a competitor (the biggest thing the Jellys lack) and has handled himself with absolute class. I've done a complete 180 on the decision to first sign him and IMO he's been screwed over a bit here too in true SACA fashion.

I hope he's able to stay here in Adelaide and either continue to play for the Strikers or when he becomes naturalised play for the Redbacks as a local player.
by Gozu
Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

The only slight "flaw" there Gozu, all-rounders are best when they bowl medium-fast and play as the 4th seamer.

Bar that, I agree with all of your thoughts there.

I thought he was a medium pacer? ;)

The way I look it is could he be picked in our side off his batting, to that I would say yes throw in his bowling for the fun of it and you could play he and Zampa together every time.
by Gozu
Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Getting a free large Big Mac meal from Maccas drive thru this arvo as the girl at the window said the lady in front paid for our meal.

I find that very hard to believe and think it was probably some sort of problem wit the till and she just didn't want to get the manager over, you don't argue just keep going.
by Gozu
Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015

Dogwatcher wrote:So...you're saying you ****** him?

"Does Chris Cornell look like a bitch?"

"What?"

"Say what again motherf**ker I dare you"
by Gozu
Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015

First draft on my planner on the app....

Day 1
- Hollywood Undead
- Crown The Empire
- He Is Legend
- The Devil Wears Prada

Day 2
- Nonpoint
- Killer Be Killed
- Millencolin
- Escape The Fate
- Of Mice & Men
- Slipknot

Need to fill in a few gaps, and some of them Im not 100% on seeing on Day 2. The bands on Day 1 are all must sees for me though.

That planner needs more Faith No More.

WMB0c64ZR84
by Gozu
Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

stan wrote:Tony is stopping the berri's.

"We will decide which berries come to this country and the circumstances in which they come"

I hear every berry upon entry will be challenged personally by Tony Abbott to a scripture debate or if non-religious, an arm wrestle. That'll sort 'em.
by Gozu
Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I'm really hoping to get some help about an ISP I've been researching for hours to no avail. I only found out today that the new place I'm moving to on Friday at Gawler East doesn't have a phone line at all and 'trenching' would be needed to done. I've been trying to find an ISP that does a half decent service out there but not having much luck. Nuskope sounded good but no coverage in Gawler East.

If anyone knows of any options out that way I would be very grateful otherwise it's going to seriously mess things up for Friday.
by Gozu
Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penbo's Blues

For those unaware this is Penbo.

by Gozu
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Music with which to torture terror suspects

A couple of albums by Converge back to back might do the trick or infamous Japanese 'noise extremist' Masami Akita aka Merzbow.
by Gozu
Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Telstra.

Spawns of satan
by Gozu
Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umlaut-Mastered

The Prodigy-The Added Fat EP
by Gozu
Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

I know it's not a proper restaurant but the Swedish meatballs with gravy, jam and chips at Ikea are good.

Pretty much everything else they sell bar the meatballs not so much.
by Gozu
Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

"I don't mean to brag...but we're the greatest!"
by Gozu
Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Internet.

This is a pretty big rant but I'm absolutely sick of all the bullshit from them there customer service has been absolutely horrendous since they were taken over by iiNet and I doubt it's going to get better when TPG takes over iiNet in June. Anyway I organised in late February to relocate my Naked DSL as I was moving first they tell me relocation costs would be $150 I said I don't think so I've already paid for the modem and as I had been with them for nearly 3.5 years was no longer in contract. Then they said Telstra was telling them they're unable to establish a line-in at my new address that will be another $299 but they will waive the relocation fee and reduce the $299 down to a one off payment of $59 if I enter into another 24 month contract with them. Perhaps naively I said alright just do it. They were saying no landline at this new address I said bullshit here is the phone number of a past tenant in 2013 who had a landline here they kept saying Telstra must've come past in the meantime and dug the cable back up so trenching might need to be done blah blah blah etc

So internet & phone gets cut off at my last address on the day I moved out into my new place (6th March). I bought a cheap 3gb Vodafone USB stick from Coles just to get me through the wait. Then they tell me the Telstra guy won't be coming around to establish a lead in until the 30th March. Fantastic 24 days with just 3gb to use. Anyway in the meantime they decided to rip $60 out of my bank account for nothing and I had to fight like hell to get them to refund it which took about a week. Telstra guy comes round does the lead in establishes a dial tone and tells me it will be broadband ready in a few days. Adam Internet rings me the next day and it says it will all be good to go by the end of this week if not next week at the latest and then I get a text from them today just two days later saying it won't be ready until the 17th April and possibly not even until 48 hours after that. I rung them to tell them this is just unacceptable guy puts me through to provisioning and the wait in the queue is moire than an hour so hung up called back again about two hours later they said the wait in the queue is 1-2 minutes after about 12 minutes wait hung up. Call cost me $2.50, fantastic. Just sent them a big email.
by Gozu
Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to find and buy Vynils

Another Semaphore Record Fair this Sunday.

WHAT - Semaphore Record Fair & Music Sale No. 8

WHEN - Sunday, the 19th of April, 10am to 4pm

WHERE - St Bede’s Hall, 200 Military Road, Semaphore

(20 metres south of the Semaphore Road / Military Road intersection)

WHO - this event is presented by Mr V Music, 115 Semaphore Road, Semaphore, 5019 ph 8341 5234

HOW MUCH - entry is FREE

25 traders will have 50 tables of stock for sale, including vinyl records, CDs, DVDs, music books & magazines and more.

For more information, e-mail Vic Flierl on vic@mrvmusic.com.au or phone 0400 223 454.
by Gozu
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bjork-Biophilia

Bjork-The best mixes from the album-Debut for all the people who don't buy white labels
by Gozu
Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

The AFP should hang their heads in shame over this.
by Gozu
Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Booney wrote:Just when I thought I couldn't hate him any more.....

Cheer cheer the black and the white...
by Gozu
Tue May 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Yahoo doing a free live stream of a Faith No More concert in Detroit on tomorrow morning at 10:45am

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/faith-no-more
by Gozu
Fri May 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Willaston Hotel (lunch)

Mother's Day lunch at the Willaston Hotel was packed you had to almost climb over the top of people to get anywhere and being a decent sized guy with little old ladies (and KIDS, those things should be banned from hotels!) everywhere one false step forward or back and you could cause a variety of damage.

I initially got the garlic & chili prawns and mum the salt & pepper squid (hefty Mother's Day price hike on the meals too). I'm not a big fan of hot food but knew I was in trouble when I could smell the heat of the prawns before he had already put them in front of me. I couldn't detect any garlic and really it should be called chili soup with some prawns in it because that's basically what it was. After eating 1 or 2 in between wiping my forehead I had decided just to make do with the bread rolls but mum and I swapped meals but they were too hot for her too so she went up and asked them for garlic prawns. Fortunately they did it but the creamy garlic prawns didn't taste too flash. Mum only ate about half and gave the rest to me. The sauce they were swimming in was a bit foul. For dessert the soft serve ice cream was basically white water and the worst tasting ice cream I've ever had.

The Golden Fleece in Gawler is a little bit more expensive but their meals would be ten times the quality.
by Gozu
Mon May 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Even though the Crows have been my AFL team since their inception I've been really disappointed in their public statements during this debate over the past couple of years.

The arrogance and condescension leaps off the page.
by Gozu
Thu May 14, 2015 1:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chuck Mosley-Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food
by Gozu
Thu May 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another good review for Sol Invictus, JB Hi-Fi's album of the month.

http://stack.net.au/music/album-of-the- ... l-invictus
by Gozu
Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

Glenn Lazarus has applied to set up his own party Glenn Lazarus Team.

Boof-heads R Us must've already been taken.
by Gozu
Mon May 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cradle Of Filth-Midian

Blood Has Been Shed-Novella Of Uriel/Spirals
by Gozu
Sat May 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Sturt v Norwood @ Unley

PhilH wrote:Crowd 3,995

Not a bad figure I would've thought given it's live on TV and 7's main channel at that.
by Gozu
Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no, what did you do to make her start slamming and knocking on doors? :D

Smoking in my backyard. I'm a renter and if you're a renter you can't smoke inside. Her place is that far away from mine so reading between the lines I think she's an ex-smoker and they're on par tolerance wise with the Taliban.

Just waiting to come home to a horse's head on the bed now!
by Gozu
Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love this song and the chick in the clip couldn't be any cuter

by Gozu
Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smashing Pumpkins-Zeitgeist
by Gozu
Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |