Search found 541 matches

Return

Re: Recovery special on Rage this Saturday night

As part of Ausmusic month the ABC will be airing the special Recovery: The Music and The Mayhem. The cut version will air on Saturday 23 November at 9am and the uncut version will air Wednesday 27 November at 9pm.

As part of Ausmusic month in November, ABC has a one hour retro special Recovery: The Music and The Mayhem.

Former Recovery host Dylan Lewis will look back on the ABC music show which ran from 1996 to 2000.

Along with former co-presenters including Jane Gazzo, film reviewer turned Hollywood director Leigh Whannell and The Enforcer (aka Angus Sampson) they will be joined by Bernard Fanning, Tim Rogers, Killing Heidi, members of Silverchair, Spiderbait, Regurgitator, Something for Kate, Magic Dirt, Jebediah, The Living End, The Superjesus, and more.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/10/airdate-recovery-the-music-and-the-mayhem.html
by Gozu
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

We had a good night on Wednesday night at The Gov I saw The Mark of Cain live for the first time. They played their Battlesick album in full for the album's 30th Anniversary followed by a second set of songs from across their career. The place was packed and that was TMOC's second show the first one last Friday night had already sold out. Great atmosphere, great venue.

John Scott said the band will be going out on tour again next year for the 25th Anniversary of Ill at Ease :D
by Gozu
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Stupid question but is the Lions Art Factory the old Fowlers?

Yep when administration changed they changed the name too.
by Gozu
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Not even Don Bradman ever scored as much in a Test innings as Warner just did.
by Gozu
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019-20 NBL Season

Final

Sixers 100
Wildcats 97

Great win back up to 5th on the ladder.
by Gozu
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Big win - very big.
Loved how we stayed strong & bossed them around.

I never saw this coming they really stood up tonight.
by Gozu
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Reckon we'll have some good news on Wednesday?

Certainly sounds like it.

Shaping up as a big year for Patton with the Mr. Bungle reunion shows this month, FNM returning in June plus rumours of a new album too, new Tetema album in April plus Dead Cross were in the studio in December recording their new album and a new Tomahawk album has been done for a few years just waiting for Patton to add his vocals but I dare say that will probably be held over until next year now and maybe the new Dead Cross album too.
by Gozu
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Then The Mark of Cain, never seen them before and a huge reason I went along, as I suspect they will disappear again for years, if not for ever. Wowee they were as good as I expected, good hard clean sharp rock, played flat out for their 40 mins, hardly spoke to the crowd, just did what they do best, outstanding.

When I saw TMOC on their Battlesick 30th anniversary tour late last year they said they will be doing another tour in 2020 for the 25th anniversary of their Ill at Ease album.

Didn't hang around for Pond, as I didn't know them, was buggered and had a free ride home from the family that were at the cricket, still no idea who they are and what they were like!

What little I've heard of Pond they're a trippy psychedelic band from WA closely connected to Tame Impala.

btw glad you enjoyed it if I had have gone it just would've been for TMOC but I knew they were touring again this year anyway.
by Gozu
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Is Froling always as average as he appears tonight?

Yep he's been out of shape all season.
by Gozu
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[I bought the double LP version of We Care a Lot when it came out, and it still gets regular play here.

Chuck had a certain charm to his vocals, and I was lucky enough to have a couple of chats with him before he passed.

FNM in a lot of ways were ahead of their time.

Very sad what happened to Chuck after those 'comeback' shows with FNM in 2016.

Like that movie actor that was a junkie too once they stop using (Chuck had been clean for a few years) and decide to try it again they start off at the amount they were using before they stopped not realising their body can't handle that amount now and unintentionally OD.
by Gozu
Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Governor Hindmarsh is now set to receive a $300,000 support package from the state government, part of a wider $1 million fund aimed at supporting local venues through the coming weeks and months until a commercially viable form of live music culture is once again compatible with public health and safety.

https://www.adelaidereview.com.au/arts/music/2020/05/16/the-governor-hindmarsh-covid19/
by Gozu
Mon May 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S.O.D. with Mike Patton on vocals!

by Gozu
Mon May 18, 2020 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr. Bungle reunite for first shows in 20 years

Mr. Bungle have released their first song in more than 20 years a cover of The Exploited's 'USA'.

by Gozu
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Each week Ipecac Recordings put up one of their bands DVD's on their Youtube channel to watch for 7 days and the current offering is the Melvins 'Across The USA in 51 Days: The Movie'. It was filmed on their record breaking tour in 2012 when they played one show in each state of the USA in 50 days plus DC as well.

It only goes for less than an hour so you don't get to see much of each state but those who like the behind the scenes of bands road trips might enjoy it.

siln0lNrqCc
by Gozu
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TMOC were awesome last year on the Battlesick 30th Anniversary tour. Love this cover they did of Big Black's Kerosene at the show I went to:

by Gozu
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Rumours they have made quite a nice living in that space

Yeah and probably why they've treated TMOC as a hobby for the last 20 years although I don't think John is involved in that industry anymore.
by Gozu
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Sloane could be out for up to six weeks with a broken thumb...I think this might hurt our run at the finals now.
by Gozu
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

David Mackay, the fix is in!
by Gozu
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr. Bungle reunite for first shows in 20 years

It's official Mr. Bungle are releasing their first album in 21 years a re-recording of their demo tape 'The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny' with Dave Lombardo and Scott Ian.

MR. BUNGLE will release "The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny Demo" on October 30 via Ipecac Recordings.

As was the case with MR. BUNGLE's live performances this past February, original MR. BUNGLE members Trevor Dunn, Mike Patton and Trey Spruance are joined by Scott Ian (ANTHRAX, S.O.D.) and Dave Lombardo (DEAD CROSS, SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES).

The 11-song release features tracks written by the Eureka, California-born band for their 1986 cassette only demo as well as a reimagined cover of the S.O.D. classic "Hypocrites / Habla Español O Muere" (a.k.a. "Speak English Or Die") and CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's "Loss For Words".

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mr-bungle-to-release-the-raging-wrath-of-the-easter-bunny-demo-in-october/

3U5ZKKxqUzY
by Gozu
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ian Callinan

That's bloody terrible news. Hopefully he's able to start the rehab as soon as possible to try and get things going again.

My father had a big stroke in his mid-50's paralysed the whole left hand side of his body but never went right on with it with the rehab and now at 70 is still alive but an invalid ever since.

I wish him all the best I admired him at Centrals and loved it when he played for the Crows good luck to him with the tough journey ahead.
by Gozu
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Rudi Mandemaker!
by Gozu
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

I hope Trump ends up in the slammer for this. He's literally trying to destroy democracy. We all knew he was going to do this if he lost he would throw a tantrum and tie it all up in the courts. But wow, he's had two opportunities now to do proper respectful concession speeches and he's soiled himself both times.

At the end of the day the USA deserves this for electing a clown like Trump in the first place he was already a pig of a man before that he was obviously going to shit on the presidency when he got in and then on the country itself on the way out.
by Gozu
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I don't need her to be eloquent or even polished when she answers questions, but to deliberately avoid answering questions and or flat out lie is not on.

Reporter: "Irrespective of if she knew or not, based on the fact she got a pizza during the period of time listed on SA Health's website, should the school girl have been in quarantine"

This is a clear yes. Instead Spurrier tells us how wonderful she is for getting tested a week and a half after every man and his dog knew there were issues at the Woodville Pizza Bar!!!

Come on look at the big picture. She's protecting the girl because she's seen what's happened to the Spaniard everyone and their dog ripping into him and if something similar happened to the 16 year old girl she might have a breakdown or worse.
by Gozu
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Keep in mind she's a doctor, not a politician, this (pressers) isn't her core business.
Woooo Booney's got the hots for Spurrier!

Everyone deserves reward for effort mate.
Caaarn today was terrible.

Most times she fronts up she's confident, and rattles off numbers and reasons for things - seems to have most answers I've found.. today was a waste of time.

Edit.. or she's hiding something and doesn't want to give out certain info.

Maybe because as a state Chief Medical Officer holding press conferences every single day, whist getting grilled by a pack of hyenas looking for gotchas and having an entire state ripping into her on social media on a daily basis isn't normally something a CMO has to deal with.

I'm surprised she's held it together as long as she has to be honest she must be close to snapping.
by Gozu
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Silverchair - Diorama, an underrated Australian album IMO.

Funny I was just coming in to post this:

by Gozu
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good quarantine cover of Alice In Chains' 'No Excuses'.

Phil Demmel (Machine Head, Vio-Lence)
Marta Demmel (Bleeding Through)
Dave McClain (Machine Head, Sacred Reich)
Eric Bass (Shinedown)
by Gozu
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can CUJO Biden and Democrat policies unite America ??

At least he won't openly try and divide the country like that scumbag Trump.
by Gozu
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020-21 NBL Season

Spargo wrote:
Gozu wrote:
Spargo wrote:The kid’s so cool in the clutch.

He's just got all the time in the world.

And the rebound at the death & chews up a few more seconds.

You can't teach his approach and some of the things he does it's so weird to see in an 18 you kid.
by Gozu
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Congrats to Chadd Sayers on a great Shield career.

Sayers has played 70 Sheffield Shield games for South Australia since making his first-class debut in March 2011, claiming 278 wickets at 25.82.

Only Tasmania’s Jackson Bird has taken more Sheffield Shield wickets than the 33-year-old since his first-class debut.

Sayers will end his first-class career as South Australia’s third-highest wicket-taker in history, sitting behind the legendary Clarrie Grimmett and Ashley Mallett.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/south-australian-seamer-chadd-sayers-announces-retirement/news-story/ac8928291760acda7450b13e489a6916

Most Sheffield Shield wickets for South Australia

Clarrie Grimmett — 504 @ 25.55

Ashley Mallett — 344 @ 23.75

Chadd Sayers — 278 @ 25.82

Tim May — 270 @ 36.82

Joe Mennie — 256 @ 27.11
by Gozu
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Final

Sixers 84
Hawks 72
by Gozu
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Final

Sixers 83
Wildcats 68

Probably the greatest win we've had in years and end Perth's 9 game winning streak too.
by Gozu
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 2.10PM

Eagles win the Hall-Stengle Cup.
by Gozu
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Offspring - Let The Bad Times Roll
by Gozu
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Final

Sixers 101
Bullets 79

Josh Giddey first Aussie in NBL history with back to back triple doubles.
by Gozu
Sat May 01, 2021 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Final

Sixers 92
Taipans 76

Good to see a couple of big wins this round.
by Gozu
Tue May 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IPL

Michael Slater saying the Government has blood on it's hands for not letting Australian's return from India.

Here's an idea, don't f*ck off to one of the most impoverished nations on earth to commentate on some cricket when the world is in the midst of a global pandemic. Stiff shit, I say.

He's given it "It's what I do for a living", I don't reckon you need the coin that bad little man. Australians can return from India, just have to spend 14 days in another country first. Slater is sitting at a resort in the Maldives for 2 weeks and will return home after that

#prayforslats
by Gozu
Tue May 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2020(1)

I am no basketball officianado however looking at both teams last night, comprised of plenty of highly paid professional NBA players.... how come the free throw shooting is so poor? Is that the equivalent of missing a goal from 20 metres straight in front? Surely that’s a skill mastered at under 16 level.

Are you talking about missed free throws from the Nigerians or in general? African countries as we saw last night usually play pretty free flowing but unorganised basketball they do fundamentals well doesn't matter if it's Nigeria, Angola or Cameroon.

In general? An acceptable FT percentage for a pro is 75% the pretty good ones can shoot above 80% and the elite into 85-90%. Even though it is for the most part mechanics playing in different arenas all the time changes the backgrounds etc so that can have an effect (player always shoot better on their home courts) plus in big tournaments like the Olympics nerves come into it too.

In regards to your footy analogy hitting a FT is a fair bit harder than kicking a goal 20m out directly in front. It would probably be more equivalent to 40-50m directly in front and we've seen plenty of gun forwards over the years struggle to kick accurately like Matthew Richardson or even Taylor Walker is an ordinary kick when directly in front he needs to be on an angle.
by Gozu
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020-21 NBL Season + Off-season news

In probably the best news for the league in years the NBL have announced a landmark broadcast deal signing a 3 year deal with ESPN, Kayo, Foxtel & News Corp believed to be worth $45 million. A FTA partner will be announced in due time expected to be either Ten or SBS.

- Every NBL regular season game plus finals to be shown live on ESPN

- Every game shown on Foxtel and Kayo subscribers with 2 games a week on Kayo Freebies

https://nbl.com.au/news/nbl-achieves-history-making-media-deal

Considering the last TV deal with ESPN & SBS was for no money at all this deal said to be for $45M over the next three years with a FTA partner still to come and roping in News Corp who have previously never given the NBL good coverage is to be honest quite extradordinary.
by Gozu
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Olympics 2020(1)

So proud of the boys I didn't think I would cry but I am :D
by Gozu
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |