Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Rick Davies - Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee

I saw a tweet form ABC journalist James Coventry, that NO SA or WA player pre 1960 has been inducted yet into the AUSTRALIAN Football Hall of Fame.
******* Victorians are a joke! every club from SA and WA would have 2-3 players pre that era deserving of the honor!
by teaoby
Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES (and other D1/D2 finals)

So PAOC are in a GF four out of five teams now and waiting on the A grade. Very impressive season, good chance to win both GFs this weekend and you would think that the week off in D2r and C2 will have them favs for next week! Seriously, how many kids went to this school that can actually play footy! Surely they are not really all old scholars?

The A's have about 3-4 non Old Scholars - only Hughes is a "recruit" the others are mates or family of old scholars.
B's about the same - Riverland lads that joined the club about 4-5 years ago.
the rest of the club would be 95% or more Old scholars.

The Committee has done a massive amount of work over the past 5 years getting kids from the school straight to the club, if they are not of SANFL standard.
by teaoby
Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Kurtze is an old scholar of Pembroke, and Jimmy got a job at the school. The guys that run Pembroke are dead against any player payments so those 2 aren't in it for the $$$
Other clubs yes, but not Pembroke.
by teaoby
Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Liam Davis from Norwood to PNU
by teaoby
Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett Backwell announced last night as PAOCFC's new A-Grade coach
by teaoby
Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Surely tha SANFL is not wavering on new rule change

One thing i find humorous about the new rules is this.
the SANFL believe that less rotations & stoppages will create a more open game.

Surely if you look at it logically it will be the opposite?

The new rules are, I assume designed to create more fatigue?
Doesn't it therefore make sense that with more fatigue will come more errors and opportunity to create a stoppage? Doesn't it also lend itself to coaches playing a more possession driven game once players are fatigued, which inevitably will slow the game down as guys are again, fatigued?

I would love to see coaches make a gentleman's agreement to play "80's/90's" style Football, but i think you will find the win at any cost nature of the industry will see a just as slow, potentially more error ridden match!

As for the out of bounds rule..... Boundary throw-ins are part of the unique nature of the great game that is Australian rules football! leave it alone!
by teaoby
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial games

Re the question about the low scoring reserves match Eagles Vs Redlegs. Match due to start at 4.55 pm but rescheduled and started at 5.30 pm. Don't know why there was a change. Maybe the heat. First two quarters went for 25 mins and last two quarters for 18 mins. Shocking match to watch. Stacking the backlines, unadventurous play and chip, chip across the ground killed it. Only when the Legs decided to kick long and attack down the middle of the ground in the last quarter did it enthuse any interest.

Ugh, thats what I didn't want to hear! Like I said I know it's only a trial, but surely you practice the way you intend to play, and I suspect (and hope) the game has moved past the complete lockdown style.

I think it is more an issue of the coaches wanting a certain style and the players may not be quite up to playing it. So they revert back to "Lock it down" mode, im sure as the season progresses it will improve.
The average age of the Reserves was about 18/19 so not a huge worry just at the minute.
by teaoby
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Bottoms twitching Teaoby? ;)

Theyll be around the place in september[list=][/list]

Not at all, just a unique circumstance and genuinly didnt know the rules.
Them being around in Sept is a good thing! The best teams should be playing at the pointy end!
by teaoby
Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2017

Thanks for those stats Fonzie.
I would hazard a guess that Saturday figures were better than Sunday's for the 2016 season? Just following the logic that the Sunday games draw more as a novelty.
It would also be interesting to measure the figures against what AFL games were on at the time. Are Sundays more popular because the Crows and Port are playing/ being telecast more often on the Saturday, in direct competition with SANFL games?

Attendance by Day 2016 (Avg)
Friday/Thurs 3745.5
Saturday 2051.5
Sunday 2627.2

No 2016 followed the trend albeit all were well down! mainly due to Norwood being horrid to watch.
I think 6 years worth of home and away games is a fair summary and takes into account AFL clashes etc.
by teaoby
Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 4

Gozu wrote:Crowds

Norwood vs South - N/A

Port vs Crows - 1,348

North vs West - 1,756

Glenelg vs Centrals - 2,542

NFC Vs South - 2491
by teaoby
Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |