Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Here's an idea! Train harder, get a little bit better this year. Then Repeat, Then Repeat, Then Repeat! Eventually you will get there.
Reynella were Sh!t for years & have now won 2 of the last 4 flags.
M/Vale were Sh!t in the 90's & have won 5 of the last 10 flags.
Marion won a flag about 12 years go & played in 3 s from memory, now they are Sh!t.
It goes aroud & when you are at the top it is a much better feeling knowing how hard it was to If you take the easy road in life I wish you all the very best!

yeah dead set true champ, pure sense and of course thats how the wheels roll

but in 5 years time, the players who are payin their fees this season wont be around, does nobody give a damn about the man who just paid 500 bucks to play for your club, all to have his coach say 'look boys, I know wh're about a div 7 level club, but this week im putting you lads up against a div 1 quality reynella and it gonna be a crap day for us, but try to have a good time'

how painful for the coach himself to do that to his much loved soldiers, when he knows all to well that just down the road theres a comp where his men should be having a brilliant time and putting smiles and good times on their faces. give your players what they pay for, and invest their money in.... a game of footy against boys their own size

Clubs need to stop holding guns to people's heads to play for/coach them. It's unconscionable.
by Zelezny Chucks
Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Gus Sickerdick... the President that killed Country Division.
I'm with AF though, I don't think the Clubs of the HFL are so stupid to pass these silly amendments. Otherwise the HFL is the new SFL. The worst and most uneven comp in SA .

your Country Division has been that for many years, no wonder Lofty don't want to join it
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh dear marbles, you really are losing it.

The 'quotes' above really are flawed. How about this:

"The Marion lads are all really enjoying the road trips to Houghton, Wingfield, Smithfield and Modbury. Particularly the A grade who enjoy having the presentations at the newly appointed time of 8.30pm. In fact the large distances travelled every second week really has attracted players from other nearby clubs without even needing to reach into the war chest. In addition, the legions of Rams fans seen at the away games really has boosted gate takings and Canteen takings at all clubs"

Also, while browsing the Divvy 7 forum I noted some pearls of absolute wisdom from your good self:

why you think half the old boys refused to play c-grade ya tool

half of the dgrade premiership side were easily capable of playing cgrade but instead chose your 'mediocrity' theory and smashed out a flag just for 'fun'

now being thrashed by 160 points by an ingle farm outfit who train as hard as our div 1 agrade side certainly isnt 'fun'

So apparently thrashings do happen in Div 6/7. Wow time to move to div 8 or another league.

And admitting you sandbagged a D grade flag says a lot too.

Go back to your Gen Y mindset of wanting everything easy and instantly mate.
by MatteeG
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, they chose to do nothing! :shock:
When will they realise that the board are elected to represent the clubs! and not the interests of a minority.

The board put in place a FDC that had a difficult role but not withstanding put together a document that would not please all.
It would appear the board doesn't like the recommendations but as they say when you dig deep you might not like what you find!

I will finish with a quote! "Change is the law of life.And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"
by shoe boy
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Does that mean Brighton will no longer have all the dick hunters in the league? :lol:
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I doubt as some posts have suggested that Noarlunga have lost the amount of players they have because Trevor is an abusive Coach , Once in my 5 yrs @ the club have I seen one spray that I considered over the top or uncalled for , love him or hate him Trev has been a great servant of the club , is very thorough in his preparation and quite forthright and honest in his assessment of team and player perfomances , dont think for one second that I am one of Trevs yesmen , couldnt be further from the truth , we have banged heads on more than one occasion and no doubt will disagree on future issues , to blame him for the Exodus from NFC is both cheap and ill informed .
Some have retired , some have returned to former clubs , some have gone chasing better $$ on offer , some maybe see that Trev can't take the club further and some have simply gone elsewhere because they lack the bottle to Step Up and are Sh*t Scared of having to put in the HARD YARDS required to take the club forward
Regardless we will do the best we can with what we got ,
SEE YOU LOT @ THE FOOTY
by Oldman Munga
Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Southern Football League

What is happening at the Snake Pit looks like a quiver leaving the pit?? Or trying to leave the pit what is it with all denies on the clearances. What is the point of denying a neonate a clearance if he doesn’t want to play in the pit?? He may come back in a couple of years if let go with blessings or then again may never come back if held in detention.

Is it a case of where’s Dale? :-?? Missing in action when the big calls are to be made?? Who is at the helm? My sources tell me it is no longer the CFC but the K & K FC?? Seems a lot of unhappy COBRAS? More out than in maybe no money?? Long couple of years for the faithful??

What is your take on it Turbo
What is this, I don't even

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk[/quote

It's nothing.

Once again this fish ain't biting. Good luck for the season ahead.
by Turbo
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HV played Christies U18s in a trial game Saturday - apparently there were some Christies people talking their team up as potential premiers before the game. HV won by 10 goals.

Mr Footy,

It's March mate!
"Its a marathon not a sprint" some bloke said that once and think he went all right as a coach..... 8) !
Thanks to CBFC for the opportunity.
Good "TRIAL" game played in the right spirit, ol Bice oval was a peach too, in great nick.

LGIL,
I Didn't stick around for the A's how did the scores end up?
How did the big PEZ dispenser Perrie and Welshy go for Padathway?
by jet-airport
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F***ing hell I'd like to wring the neck of whoever put that bloody article in the Advertiser. Last thing the club needs. Didn't help Callington and won't help us.

Well much as I hate seeing this sort of publicity for thde SFL, I actually think it's a good thing for the SFL to see what a laughing stock it has the potential to be permanently if these sort of results continue. Hard to continue to bury your head in the sand when the whole of Adelaide is laughing at your league. No amount of changing age groups will address these issues.

Also heard them on 5AA this morning taking the piss out of the result. Not a good look.

It's not the league at fault, though. It's the club. Bad decisions, bad recruitment, minimal local presence and community involvement.

Ahhhhh - no more complaints. It's easy enough to write down what's wrong and what can be done to fix things, but putting ideas into practice is going to be a long, hard slog. I know a lot of Aldinga and ex-Aldinga people read this forum, so this is for you - please get behind our club. Volunteers are always needed, particularly after the first few weeks when the eager numbers begin to drop off. Players, too - the B grade needs numbers. The A grade needs numbers, if it comes to that, but no more bloody mercenaries please. Just people who are willing to turn up to training and put in some effort on a regular basis.

Hi Fisho, happy to come and support the club but I'm tired of being part of the SFL DIV 1 to be honest, just my own opinion. I was part of the team that didn't win an A grade game for 3 years from 2003 - 2005 and was lucky enough to be part of the first win with your other half when Shane first took over as coach in 2006, was a huge relief winning an A grade game after 3 years of being pumped each week, sometimes playing both grades, Shane Lynch and Russell Hart as well as all the other Blackwood/Henley recruits helped get the club out of a rut. For me to see the same thing happen again is disappointing and I feel for the guys but this path is well worn. We have had crisis meetings over the last 12 years with votes on going to Hills country league being defeated and people with Grand plans on being a Div 1 SFL club. I have no problem with this as long as the people passionate about being in Div 1 SFL stay to help make it happen which sadly the past has shown they don't. I'm sure if the right people come along it can be done and I hope the club does move forward again but this season looks like being a long one and hopefully the young blokes can stick together for next year. Also looking at the reserves scores on the weekend doesn't look good for the league with 4 teams scoring 1 goal or less the entire game.

I definitely think the Grand Plans must be shelved!! That's responsible for half the s*** that's happened, I think. There should be a clause preventing it in our constitution.

I still hear about that first win, too, by the way. Did Mr McSpaz ever tell you about the day after? He'd copped a nice concussion and had a bit of a seizure under the fluoro lights at Blackwood Woolies, came home with 2 kilos of cocktail franks, which he doesn't even eat and didn't remember buying.
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heard this morning that Graham Cornes is popping down to take a training session...

I wouldn't listen to a word he said.

Why listen to a bloke who coached numerous winning representative sides against opponents who have far bigger resources and population?

A bloke who coached South Australias finest State Of Origin sides....

Why listen......?
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Waylon Johncock playing this week OMM?
The shoes are starting to build one of the best midfields in the comp... Minns, Dean, Johncock, Caudle.

What points does he carry? If any

0 points Vics he is part of the airline you love :D

So $hoe Boy. I suppose we'll be paying $10 entry at the Shoe and $5 for a snag from Smithy's BBQ from now on.

That's at least 4 clubs in 3 years for Waylon so clearly not part of a Mitton 3 or 5 year plan!!!

Absolutely Correct DTH. Im sure the shoe's will look forward to Brighton's contribution of 4 spectators @ $10 each. That will go a long way.
by pantherman
Fri May 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

AFC seems there are some people at our club of late that think junior premierships mean nothing also
Sure there has been alot of players move up to 16s but if nothing else this week will mean a good contest or our 14s - playing Porties 3 times in 5 weeks or something ridiculous where it was a very uneven game is no good for Porties or us. Junior fixture is a joke - lift your game SFL.
by Mister Footy
Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what happens when Aldinga beat OSBLonsdale on the weekend? Are the footy show then going to help out OSB/Lonsdale. I hope Lonsdale get up on the weekend, a club that has struggled a lot in recent years but hasn't sought out this type of attention. Be interesting to see how this ends up after the media circus leaves town and they play Reynella the week after and then 6-8 weeks later.
by qwerty
Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aldinga vs Lonsdale - Lonsdale by 17 "Will be a great spectacle"
Brighton vs Noarlunga- Bombers in a nail biter, with their Captain back in, and a home 'marquee game' .
Christies vs Edwardstown - Christies by 7 with the home ground advantage.
Cove vs Hackham - Cove by 38 too good on their oval . They play it very well.
Morphettville Park vs Morphett Vale - Morphettville by 3. Another close one, but the roos talls on the pastie are hard to stop.
Pt Noarlunga vs Flagstaff Hill - Cockledivers by 32. I think the divers will be around the mark come sept.
Reynella vs Happy Valley - Wineflies by 22. Will be a great contest. Winies on the home deck , very hard to beat.
I'm noticing a pattern...
by Panther32
Fri May 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know the ruling on Saturday comp players playing in the Sunday comp? How many can you have each week? What happens in finals etc?

Pretty much open slather.

Generally the college clubs with these two teams have all their college players in their Sunday team but they rotate the cream through the Saturday team during school holidays and once the colleges finish so that they have the 6 games and are qualified for finals.

Come finals the dual team clubs seem to have very different teams on the park and the teams they had close games against during the season suddenly get smashed off the park.

There should be set squads for each team, back when we first had two teams, we had to apply for clearances to move a player from one team to another, and once cleared they could not be cleared back again - that's when the league used to put value on the credibility of each competition, rather than just bragging about how many kids are playing whilst glossing over the fact that some clubs do not field teams at all.
by Look Good In Leather
Thu May 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles would be building an argument why those clubs should join div 7 of the amateur league. As if that organisation is not bloated enough already with clubs self destructing as a result.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree afc, there were some interesting results..... The Emu's would be very happy with that result, and whilst Christies did a great job to knock off Flaggies and secure a spot in the 8, I think they have a VERY Big job ahead of them this Sunday.....Valley's Vs Shoes will be a cracking game. My money is on the Shoes, but I'd like to see someone put a 'dent' in their armour and make them go the distance. Our guys looked pretty good on Sat night, starting to get a full side on the park for once (Hasnt happened all year), but getting there at the right time now. Looking forward to Sunday, Im sure Flaggies will not be pleased with this week and come out firing. I think Reynella will get the job done (Just) over porties, and hopefully they give each other quite a beating ;)

Would be very interesting to fast forward 4 weeks to see who makes the big dance, and furthermore holds up the Cup!?
by mrp2626
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

my issues arrives by the fact the bottom SFL club committees are happy to make their customers (footballers) pay their hard earn cash so in 10 years from now they might just be good enough to make finals. In the meantime their hard earn cash can go towards miserable thrashings, and by the time these clubs 'might be good enough' these current paying footballers will be retired and wont even experience the possible good times.

thats cheating your customers, and you are not providing environments in which your customers pay for. you are using your current customers as stepping stones for a decade ahead.

if you could only put your customers first, and leave your high strung committee egos at the door, you might actually decide to do whats right for your players instead of yourselves and place your sides into competitions where your customers at least have a hope of making finals, and by doing this you at least make your customers drive to your football clubs worthwhile.

as it says - if you build it they will come. if you dont they would go

and by inviting footballers to come play for 5 years of misery then you got no chance of attracting dogs balls. and your club deserves to crumble

Amateur league mentality

It is not about the players - they are the product. We are a semi-professional sporting competition, it is about the supporters and community.
The benefit to the supporters and community is diminished if every second week they need to travel to Salisbury, Tea Tree Gully, Port Adelaide or further, and then only for the senior teams.

We don't expect those on the plains to understand, the amateur league is parklands footy - based around participation foremost and purely senior football, hence why the "three men and a dog" comment comes up a lot. It is a different market, ours is an event that people pay to come and see, yours is a game of football happening in the park down the road.

Neither should claim to be superior, but each performs a different function. Ours is about local identity and representing an entire community, yours is based around teams with different purposes (ie representing a school, ethnic group, church or suburb).
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Vics - Can you please do me a favour and never become associated with the Brighton Bombers. It seems as though trouble follows you around. ;)
by Down the Hill
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The CBFC would like to thank there latest life member ANGELO FEVOLA for all of his hard work and tireless hours his put into his beloved saints..hes even more proud his son Brenden will be having a run this week all for the love of his proud club his been apart of for 2 weeks..the $$$hoes will go to any lengths for a flag and while doing that makes this league a bigger joke as it already is....
by sweendog
Fri May 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you part of the coaching selection panel Mister Footy?

From Great Southern Football League thread:
Happy Valley sacked their coach last night - after being zip and 4 and worst start to season in 10 years. :shock:

Anyone know of any coaches looking for a job or anyone not coaching this year club should talk to?

From HFL Division 1 (Central) thread:
Happy Valley sacked their coach last night - after being zip and 4 and worst start to season in 10 years. :shock:

Anyone know of any coaches looking for a job or anyone not coaching this year club should talk to?

No mate - I bl**dy wish! ;)

Let's just say there are a lot of club people pretty disillusioned with the people that were part of the selection panel and reckon they need all the help they can get. Hoped might get a few nibbles from other leagues.[/quote]

So many uninformed people talking absolute crap . No facts no idea this forum is embarrassing.mmister Footuy and others living their life through this forum is laughable
by Hcaoc20
Fri May 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JC's departure must have been a bit messy by the sounds of it. Or won't the senior players be keen on a guy who has only coached juniors, and do they fear that some of the ageing warriors who Keam has had playing in the B grade will still miss out on a game from someone with an eye to youth and looking to build towards the next crack at a flag rather than coach for damage control. There's not much value in only being competitive if you aren't getting A grade games into the young lads.

How water tight are coaching contracts at our level. Does Keam get paid out? Those Mini's parents better be geared up for selling plenty of raffle tickets!!!

I guess we could always implement the 'I'm too lazy to volunteer levy'. Which clubs have that?

Only one club as that $50 per child levy on top of there league high junior $ubs!
by Keyser Soze
Fri May 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct AFC9798. BPS runs North/South, has a shape that resembles an oval not something from a bakery, the local flora does not encroach onto the field, and the visiting coach can set up wherever he likes rather than whispering distance to the full-back/full forward. People in glasshouses hey!!
by Down the Hill
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair call, good to see Matty Walton going well in the A grade.
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The HV U18s would be a better chance Saturday if they didn't have four of their best 22 (top ten really) not qualified to play finals. Poor management by the Club, writing was on the wall all year that the 18s would be going deep into finals whilst the senior sides wouldn't be.

Actually BFD up until the second to last round A grade could have made finals and would have had some injured players back to assist the finals campaign. Our big losses were without key players who would have been available.
BC has done a better job of promoting juniors than previous A grade coaches sometimes out of necessity. We also now have an 18s coach who doesn't think it is all about him. Getting game time in young lads sets us up for a good 2017.
An 18s flag would be magnificent but getting to the GF despite this season is a credit to the squad. Anyone who saw the game against Reynella knows how well this team can play.
by Front & Centre
Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |