Search found 15 matches

Return

Re: Southern Cricket Association

Dutchy wrote:Just think its a perfect opportunity to play in the strong HCA, but then again they may struggle initially.

Be interesting how the juniors plays out, is the SCA going to remain for juniors?

SCA juniors will be going ahead next seasom
by Off The Wall
Thu May 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

If the club shield is used to relegate, then should it be used to promote? And that's only if the club finishing top chooses to do so. It could ensure a better spread of performances across all grades as a club.
by Off The Wall
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

I was under the impression it is averaged out over 2 or 3 years. I would suggest because he was at a league club he is a 4pointer.

I thought is was all based on the previous season in what they played when heading to a different league/club/level in the following year.

So in this case Panozz played majority of games in the reserves (19 out of 20) so going into 2015 based on the SFL allocation that would make it the 3 points?????

I may stand corrected but i am fairly sure that League and Reserves are classed as one competition so he would be a 4 pointer regardless of how many games he has played in either grade in the previous year. The only difference in points comes from an U18 player. I could be wrong of course but thats what i believe..
C. Major League Players

A player who has played a majority of matches for the Senior team of a Club or Clubs in a Category One or Two League in their previous playing season – an additional three (3) points should be added in the case of a Category One League and an additional two (2) points should be added in the case of a Category Two League.

The Community Football Board has created the following two category lists;

(a) Category One Leagues
· AFLNT, AFLNSW/ACT, AFLQ & AFLTAS
· Reserves of WAFL, SANFL & AFLVIC
· South Australian Amateur Football League – Div 1 2 3

He would be 3 points according to the above
by Off The Wall
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Panther32 wrote:I hear there is a certain peanut that likes to get up in the face of a certain AFL coach plays for a team in the SFL that wears the same colours!
I hope he is ready to cop it!!!

Wonder if his teammates will Help ...
by Off The Wall
Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Why should Onkaparinga Valley or Echunga get relegated this year when they do the right thing and field all grades, if there are others that don't?
Why should Torrens Valley or Uraidla get relegated this year when they do the right thing and do try to get junior teams running, only to suffer because of their township size and/or a generation gap of junior players in the area.
by Off The Wall
Wed May 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

was just looking at Wades goal kicking tally which states 109 goals kicked over 22 games

# firstly his list states 21 games played
# secondly hes been listed as playing crabs twice in 1 game, and a total of 26 goals?
# that means only 20 games played really
# thirdly the total goals in the listed 21 games is 106 not 109
# fourthly if you subtract the error of 13 goals listed twice, then hes only kicked 93 goals

didnt kick 100 at all lol

no im not bored af lol

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?pID=204032493
Both Golden Grove games not listed for a total of 16 goals. He's kicked his 100
by Off The Wall
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Congrats on your flag, but "Dynasty' ?
Could be if their A grade don't earn promotion - Houghton B grade now 30 wins from 34 matches in the minor round, 2x Grand Finals (1x runner up and 1x premiership) from their last two seasons in D7R. :D ;)
IF Adelaide Lutheran drop down, then you'd have a reserves side coming off 2 x Premierships and 34 wins from 36 games in minor rounds. Battle of the sandbaggers ;)
by Off The Wall
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

There was one thing we found that we weren’t sure about though.

One of our bowlers bowled a full toss no ball that cleared the keeper too (lol) and went to the boundary.

We thought that should go down as 5 no balls, but the app does not allow for this. It either allows for no ball plus 4 runs (ie which adds score to a batter), or no ball plus 4 byes (which only gives 1 no ball plus byes)

The second one would be correct in terms of a front foot no ball but we were unsure if it applied in this case
Had this happen to us too. Best thing we did was to mark it down as a no ball, add another no ball worth 4, then a dotball to remove the extra reissued ball. Bit annoying but was a workaround at the time.
by Off The Wall
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

twe wrote:l
Played for Coro as a lad then saw the iSight and went up the hill to scibs ... What amazes the most is with Belair as well now the amount of side in the area inc. flagies and happy valley . Scibs Jr. Build on the rise as well !

by Off The Wall
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Do Compass rely heavily on recruits in A grade? Rest of their grades results are very poor.

I think all clubs in the Great Southern rely on recruits.

Understand that however Compass seems to have a huge gap between A grade and their other grades.
Last two seasons their reserves have finished the minor round in second. Played Willunga first round here who are arguably the yardstick for all grades outside of A, so cant read into these results too much yet
by Off The Wall
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well there is a team located in Hove, but they are playing Div 1 ammos
by Off The Wall
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

2 Second rounders which could now be bundled up to get back into the 1st round, but I think this is a deep draft so going back 18 places (but also grabbing Melbournes 2020 1st rounder) is a good trade.

Index indicates it also -

North will be banking on the Demons to repeat their horror 2019 campaign.

Under the draft value index, even if the Demons win the premiership next year (meaning their future pick is worth 948 points), North will be ahead in the trade by 473 points.

Interesting Melbourne currently only have 2 picks in this years draft now, isn't there a minimum number of kids you need to draft?
The minimum is indeed 3, however you can count a rookie upgrade as one of them
by Off The Wall
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who the hell are the Seaford Giants? Are they actually a thing?

A complete make up , but well done .

Well done on what? Asking a question?

the SFL is dying, so why would any new clubs join..

and WHY would someone make up something like this?

Weird
Well done as in it duped alot of people and because it's a bit of fun
by Off The Wall
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Ive watched this over and over.
Now i know I'm biased but looked to me like he knocked it onto the stumps.
Batter had a good view and he didn't complain, just walked off.
Thought you were joking at first, but here you go. Ball was dropped well before he touches the stumps

https://i.imgur.com/ZWNPdjf.jpeg
by Off The Wall
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Tony Clifton wrote:
tigerpie wrote:He's just stating a fact.
Zero presence in their zone.

History

Needs to be irrelevant to any future

:roll:

Its not a relationship that local clubs need to repair. Instead how about they engage with their community and then they might gain some support and respect.
by Off The Wall
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |