Search found 31 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/blackfriars-old-scholars-beat-angle-vale-in-division-six-amateur-league-by-70-goals/story-fnii08h3-1226930901347

This article makes me sick.. reeks of smugness from BOS, not to mention the awfully proud look in the photo.

"BLACKFRIARS Old Scholars coach Aleks Bojanic got the feeling his side was in for a big win early in Saturday’s division six amateur league match against Angle Vale and his hunch would prove correct" - Gee must've been hard to predict that since half the AV blokes played B grade and have struggled this season. BOS B grade, when was the last time they won a game? Considering they won comfortably, wouldn't have thought there was going to be much challenge in the A grade.

By three-quarter time, Angle Vale was reduced to 12 men with fatigue getting the better of some players who had also suited up in the earlier B-grade game...Blackfriars reduced its own numbers in a gesture of goodwill What reducing to 15 when up by 46 goals against a dozen blokes? Oh what goodwill and sportsmanship displayed! :roll:

and then rammed through a merciless 26 final-term goals Please tell me again how merciful BOS were and their great goodwill.. :roll:

The result was terrible for the competition and more importantly Angle Vale, shouldn't that be the major focus here - not some side breaking a zillion records against a severely under manned side?

"BLACKFRIARS Old Scholars coach Aleks Bojanic got the feeling his side was in for a big win early in Saturday’s division six amateur league match against Angle Vale and his hunch would prove correct"

PG - Your post reads as though you do not differentiate between what the journalist wrote in the column and the quotes he has taken from the BOS coach.
by Esteban Vihaio
Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Rumour has it that Smithfield are voting to become the Smithfield saints in2015
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

marbles wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:They would beat their U/18s

phhht no chance smithfield would make SFL finals

In a lifetime of ignorant comments, perhaps this is the worst :roll:
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't feed the troll
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Things not going well at North Pines http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/north-pines-coach-suspended-club-fined-after-amateur-football-league-investigation-into-umpire-abuse/story-fni9ll1r-1227063031118

Easy answer for North Pines. Man up and be on ultra best behaviour or fold. Smithfield seem to have learnt their lessons and have been promoted as a result of their improved behaviour and hard work in the football deparment. I hope for smithfield sake they have learnt from their experiences in the under 18's and continue with their success.

What happens to north pines now is purely up to them. No blame game, no whinging. Are you going to man up and play football?
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Can we have a poll on the W. knowles cup FC?
by Esteban Vihaio
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

There's been much discussion around Uni about what structure the SAAFL lower grades will have and what is best for the A grade. There's a view that perhaps the B grade should be playing in div 6 as opposed to 1 reserves due to the length of quarters replicating those in div 1 and that the overall quality of a grade sides (in div 6) may be higher than that in div 1 reserves (aside from goodwood/rocs). The view is that this would mean that b graders are exposed to a more consistent pressure game than 1 reserves. This decision may not be made until early December.
I'm guessing that Uni's c grade would play in a c grade specific competition should that emerge especially given the inconsistent nature of the c grade and the inability of the club to really predict the quality of player that will come out to the club. Having said that though, we've gone up in the past when we've been able to but the quality of div 6 to div 7 is higher.

its controversial but also quite logical. Your Div 6 side is actually your clubs second franchise side. shouldn't your second best players be here?

the equation has been trialled by henley in the late 70s, and i think the C-Grade were fielded into the Div 1 reserves. these boys inevitably copped thrashings and the set up had to be restored to As,Bs,Cs,Ds due to a denting participation rates

BUT your projection states your cgrade would play in a lower division? what side would fill your Div 1 reserves then?

Sorry, didn't explain this too well...we're looking at all possibilities as to where the C grade could play with the division 1 reserve option being investigated; this is the one where the b grade plays in div 6. But I'm guessing that we're more likely to be playing from div 6 down.

sandbagging??

At the risk of biting.....
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edwardstown would not need to give any notice to leave MSJFL because they are already a member club of the SFL. They just have to nominate the relevant teams in February. Just get it done!

Just to be transparent, I'm no longer involved in any capacity at EFC and have no knowledge of the clubs or EJSC intentions with regards EFC and juniors in SFL.

LGIL, I hope you are right, it's simple to nominate the teams, but then you need players to fill them. The junior players in question are currently registered with MSJFL as EJSC players not EFC players, so I've done some research. According to MSJFL website and constitution, clubs wishing to resign their membership must notify the MSJFL secretary in writing not later than six months prior to the AGM each year. Their AGM is held last Wednesday in November each year. On that basis, notification in writing to resign EJSC membership would need to have been provided to MSJFL in May 2014 for automatic clearance of players to the EFC club in SFL league, I assume the notification did not occur, meaning if protocol is to be followed, EJSC and it's players remain in MSJFL for 2015 at least. Alternatively, according to MSJFL constitution, EJSC could simply default on the notification period but EJSC would then be liable to MSJFL for the full season subscriptions for 2015. This would not be so bad if fees same as SFL junior sides but from what I've seen of MSJFL fee structure in the past and the number of teams EJSC fielded last season it could be $5k to $6k hit. Not sure there are too many clubs that could poor that sort of money down the drain.

Or the Ejsfc could just dissolve at the end of 2015 and no further be an identity.

Still leaves EFC without juniors in SFL for 2015 ,. Like I said, SFL fans shouldn't
be counting their chickens yet. Would be interested to hear EFC response to a few questions from SFL on where they now see their future for both senior and junior sides

To be pedantic, will they continue to fill Under 18's? Technically they are still juniors. That said I never saw the value in under 18's. IMO 18 year olds should be playing senior footy with under 17's being the highest junior grade.
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:FUC-MP Lions

or Flinders Uni more commonly known as the FUCs

I like the acronymn for the Flinders Uni Cricket Club better
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

These last few posts remind me of a trainspotting quote "It's easy to be philosophical when some other poor c8nt gots shite for blood"
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never ceases to amaze me how much people (particularly those North of the Poverty Line - Grand Junction Road) on this forum underrate the Southern League.

We've struggled to get near the bottom sides of the SFL in trials when we've had strong sides, let alone 6 months after the end of our worst year in history.

It aint the same f ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f sport.....

Morrell, they always have and always will. I doubt even the highest paying div 7 club would have a payroll a third of the bottom SFL Club. Now that doesn't mean they always spend their money wisely Nor does it guarantee quality, but .".....
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forcing a club, towns, community to stop fielding a team is reprehensible. Where else can they go? Twenty guys are told to stop playing sport. I thought the Echunga saga was embarrassing but this ridiculous. If you support this decision I challenge you to you to visit Sedan and Cambrai and tell the residents that they don't "qualify" to play sport. They are second class citizens.
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must be some fascinating reading....

"After 30 years of sandbagging div7r flags and regularly making div 7 GF's, div 7 has ruined my club, the league and set back the AFL 40 years which will soon be taken over by soccer, rugby, gailic footbal and table tennis"
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was to support wing field who could have fielded one side. They were only allowed registration if they filled two sides. I see parallels. You moved it here looking for an argument.

Forfeiting is the line IMHO.. what is the line between once in a blue moon forfeit and consistent forfeiting is grey.
Now I know you're confused. I moved it here so the SAAFL div 7 people didn't have to read this as I thought (correctly obviously) that we would BOTH continue to talk about it.

We're never going to agree on this issue. I'm not going to engage you on this anymore. If you take that as you winning the discussion, more power to you. Seems a pointless conversation trying to convert each other to their point of view. Have a good night, hope your team won today.
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, Only confused with what part you don't agree with.

Simplist language. Let clubs field the sides they can fill. Only deregister for incidents, i.e serious on field violence or not paying registration fees. Not sure where you got confused?
I think you're confused with what you posted. Read it again. I said HFL WEREN'T trying to deregister Sedan (which they weren't) & you posted "don't agree Cracka". Are you saying they WERE trying to deregister Sedan.
Now you're saying let clubs field the sides they can fill. Well Sedan haven't been able to FILL A & B grades for a couple of years which means they should have been put in div 3. You've actually backed up what people were posting on here as to why that should have happened.

I didn't agree with your post and your opinion. Still don't. Nothing has changed. Can't see us ever being on the same page with this one. Don't agree with your most recent post either. A team runs out on the park it doen't matter to me if any players played in and earlier game. Many players, myself included, backed up with senior game after playing juniors. I'd be surprised if that aspect of the game ever disappears.

your whole thread seems a bit pointless? I think this ground has been covered?
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:1st half 17 to 7 scoring shots

2nd half 15 to 5 scoring shots & the umps gave the crabs charity free kicks, means that houghton played better second half just didnt kick straight

As always Marbles is points us towards reason :oops:
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat May 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boof wrote:Time spent in prison might explain why he came from behind!!!

It might explain one incident. What explains the past 20 years at HFC?
by Esteban Vihaio
Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the MPFC's U/18's today. They beat the combined Noarlunga / Aldinga side today. For a club with a "poor" junior program placing within the top six of the highest junior grade may make a few posters rethink..... Then again, probably not. :roll: out the knockers
by Esteban Vihaio
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Does AV's penchant for the knuckle make a consideration in their application for the APFL? They are not a club I would be looking to add to a league. Perhaps the opposite?
by Esteban Vihaio
Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few weeks old, but more good publicity for Smackham and the SFL
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-introduces-new-laws-to-fight-local-footy-violence/story-fnii06m0-1227599323330

Vics, how many players do you currently have in the big house? Does this impact the start date for your pre-season training?

Edwardstown doing their best to trash the name of the league on their way out

Not sure about that LGIL- reckon the Hackham boys actions did that. If you've seen the footage its unbelievable how they could only get 3-4 weeks!

Have not seen the footage but understand the umpire stuffed up the paperwork or something.

Don't disagree that Hackham have done their part in muddying our league's name this year, from the Helps/Clarkson incident (and the following security guard circus) to this violent incident - they have been a disgrace. Not sure how continuing to drag it through the papers is helping Edwardstown, they have quit the league, what are they now trying to achieve? A moral victory?

Smackham have been a disgrace for 20 years and probably more. It's a leopard and spots sort of thing.

I'm not sure how any other club would have done anything differently to Edwardstown giving the circumstance and outcome LGIL. FFS, perhaps in 1995 things were different, but it's 2015. There is no tolerance for king hits and kicking anything but the ball, in today's game
by Esteban Vihaio
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was teaching down south one day and I asked what their fathers did for a living
"My Dad runs the fire station. He's the station officer," said Simon whose dad played for the Emus
"Very good, Simon. Anyone else?"
"My Dad runs the local prison," piped up Billy whose dad played for the Hawks
"Excellent, Billy. Is he the prison governor?" I asked.
"No, sir, he's just the hardest c*nt in there."
by Esteban Vihaio
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Flinders win after trailing for most of the last half. Two late goals did the trick.
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Only if the div four team has home ground advantage at the pastie. A win against the bushpigs at home and a draw today makes me think they would be higher on the ladder than seventh if they played every week on an odd shaped primary school sized oval
by Esteban Vihaio
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Reading the last 4 pages makes me want to throw up. So all us loyal SAAFL clubs get stuffed around and have less chance of a little bit of success, but more chance of being demoted, just to accommodate 2 SFL teams. And One that left our comp, but now wants to come back. So glad i have worked my ass off since October to try and succeed.
Leave em in SFL or start in div 7. Why should we suffer.
Bit like when Ingle Farm joined in 1989 in A6 and the A7 Premier (Para District Uniting) missed out on promotion to accommodate them.

Bang
by Esteban Vihaio
Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Lets just say the SFL falls over in 2-3 years (clubs jumping ship are usually the beginning of the end) there are a few clubs that could argue they are closer to the GSFL (who I think have already stated “we are full” Trump style) and Hill’s leagues – but most of us logically should be heading to the SAAFL. This would obviously add to the SAAFL travel times greatly.

I know this is a SAAFL forum, but the SFL should look at why the SCA feel over! better sides leaving the comp and not turning back as the standard was deteriorating (no offense to the players or comp). One such side further south than Brighton has no complaints travelling to Trinity etc. It will also add some economic benefit to the local drive thru to rehydrate 8)

However I do know of someone from Modbury FC who wont go south of Anzac Highway :oops:

Once a southie always a southie :lol:

There have been clubs who suffered the "curse of Grand Junction Rd" where players pull out of games on Saturday morning when they play teams north of Grand Junction

Grand junction rd is the mullet line. I rarely travel north of the mullet line.

I prefer to think of it as the mullet proof fence
by Esteban Vihaio
Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Yes there is a story in the courier as i have just read it. Really not explaining things but McNabb says he was always going to step down at the end of the season, he is also displeased with things that are written about him on the forum and is potentially seeking legal advice.

Being not happy about something being written on a forum and something on a forum being libellous are two different things :oops:
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Not sure how the HFC can control something that an individual does near Adelaide Oval. The other incident was on-field which I acknowledged has been an issue.

A) seems to be the definition of off field
B) every club in this situation seems to say how can they control an individual. Whether running from the boundary into the fray at or near Adelaide oval
C) if smackham were in the the ADFL with their reputation, would you want them in your league?
by Esteban Vihaio
Wed May 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The problem if Marion and OSB left, there would still be cellar dwellers. The recent history in the SFL doesn't bode well for cellar dwellers. They tend to get stuck down at the bottom and find it hard to recruit juniors or seniors, thus exacerbating the issue. Take the situation in the mini's where Reynella have five under 10 teams. OSB have one, Smackham have none.
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Saw the Marion boys at the pool last night. Solid numbers, all looked young )by div 7 standards) and very fit.
by Esteban Vihaio
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

I've seen a report get 3 weeks and it deserved a life ban.

So given this one got 6, it was actually worth two life bans.[/joke]
Or given another got 4 but deserved nothing, could be worth 2!

You play with fire you get burned. Whether the guy got one week, one year or a life ban. Don't be a d*ck and you won't get suspended.
by Esteban Vihaio
Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

A tiger can't change it's stripes. It'd incredible if they let SW back in the comp next year.
by Esteban Vihaio
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |