Search found 89 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

aldinga getting smashed by 700 points in 3 games

marion only beat aldinga by a goal :shock: rams not ailing fish too?

oh look is that a bye in SAAFL div 7?

Yeah I am sure Marion are desperate to join a competition where 7 A-Grade teams get demolished in a weekend. One club managed to beat Aldinga's deficit in only 2 games. What an attractive proposition.

if aldinga got up last week, i dare say theyd be considering it :D

I doubt it - ever seen those div 7 teams play? It's pretty special. It'd be a good social comp though.
by fisho mcspaz
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super C Grade Poll

ANY NEW POLLS ON THIS SUBJECT WILL RESULT IN BANNING.
by Footy Chick
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super C Grade Poll

My urge to beat you to death with my ban stick is rising.

Fast.

The nonsense posts stop NOW.
by Footy Chick
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

^^^ these clubs have conditions placed upon their affiliation this year. They're aware of these sanctions.
by Q.
Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Im led to believe only Flaggy and Christies Beach voted against.

Christies Beach did not vote against, they just didn't vote.

There was not much point, the board had decided they wanted this in place so would have overruled the clubs to make sure it happened anyway, similar to another recent vote, had the majority of clubs not blindly gone along with it.

Sadly this is another effort to "dumb-down" our game to cater for the lowest denominator. We apparently need to make it easier for the lesser kids to get a kick, not that removing tackling, smothering, spoiling and shepherding is enough, we now need to reduce the number of players on the field so as to reduce the potential opponents.

What we get our kids playing on a Sunday morning is not our game, we have taken the contest out of it. We are not teaching young players how to win the ball in a contest, instead it will be given to them if it doesn't just happen to fall into their arms. This morning I saw numerous occasions where a player would take possession of the ball in the forward lines and would just weave his way past the players until he got to the goal line and tapped it through for a not counted goal (his opponents not allowed to do anything to stop him). The priority at the moment is to eliminate any defensive component of the game, on the off chance that a child might get upset because he too was not allowed to run into an open goal so that he can have his turn at kicking a goal.

The kids progressing to U/14s and onwards (if they have not got bored by that stage) do not have any instinct to go for a smother or a shepherd, but worst of all they have no sense how to protect themselves when going for the ball.

Our game is a physical, collision based game, we should stop pretending it is something it is not.

One of the justifications on Monday night was that it was due to the threat of soccer that we need to modify rules.

Why? What is the threat?

If we continue to try to make our sport more like soccer, why will the kids bother playing it when they can play the genuine article, with much greater career paths if they are good enough.

The kids want to play what they see on TV, the junior product we offer up is so far detached from that that it is almost unrecognisable - well the ball is similar and they kick and handball the same (but not too far).

We have good numbers at the moment, this is apparently aimed at increasing retention of the kids who lose interest because they find the game difficult. How many of the kids who are not really interested are going to go on to play senior football? Why do we modify the game for the kids who genuinely want to play the game just to cater for kids who do not really want to be there?

Anyone who has any interest in the state of junior football should read this: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/executive-living/equal-playing-field-makes-us-all-losers/story-e6frg9zo-1226650933850?nk=68e2444a758b3535542ad30432a85482
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No point arguing about the penalty at this late stage because the conditions have been laid down by SAAFL and I assume agreed to by Central United . I'm sure Central United came into the 2014 season knowing exactly where they stood and that included the consequences of them (or one individual) over stepping the line again.

This is what I see as being the issue at play here, it smacks of arrogance from the SAAFL. Clubs like Central United, Smithfield, Salisbury West and the like are becoming the collateral damage of the Amateur league's power grab in the late 90s. The Old Scholars wanted to control metropolitan football and part of that was taking over the district leagues.

Now they are realizing it is a bit harder to manage than that and the college boys don't like playing the northern clubs. They place ridiculous conditions on these clubs (knowing full well they have no alternative to got to) and wait for them to fail.

This is nothing more than a dick measuring contest to show who's boss.

Penalising premiership points for one individual's indiscretion - that is obscene. The conditions should have been on the players involved, if they get found guilty it would be double to triple penalties for example, not penalizing the majority for the acts of the minority.

The Amateur league want these clubs out, that is the only explanation.

Westfields
Para District Uniting
Mile End Cats
Salisbury College
Campbelltown-Magill
Paralowie
Ovingham
who will be the next former CDFA club that the SAAFL will end?

Half the Amateur League Executive is from "northern clubs" like Greenacres and Brahma. Rampant paranoia if I've ever heard it.

The more likely explanation is that those clubs are being penalised due to their despicable records.
by jo172
Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry LGIL, you're a good poster, but:

by morell
Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No problem when a a jaw is broken behind play... This particular incident was not behind play. He when he played on and played again last week... Accept the umpires decision which was a send off and move on.. Not cry like a baby who lost it's rattle a fortnight after the game. Bruising is part of football Sometimes you get what you give..

Sorry but if said player decided to strike another player which resulted in him being sent off then expect to get reported and be suspended too often this is let off, why are we waiting for a broken jaw to decide if he should be suspended?
by Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Finally, Looks Good in Leather - surprised you think Bridgewater are in danger given they have to play Uraidla and Echunga, so between the senior colts and B grade will be over 150 points without much effort.

A lot of assumptions here, but here goes.

Bridgewater - curr 139
Expecting them to lose their 3 remaining A-Grade games (Mount Barker, Echunga & Uraidla). They should account for Echunga in the Bs (5 points) but I would expect them to lose the other two. In the senior colts I expect them to beat Echunga & Uraidla (10 points), but the Mount Barker game is hard to call. In the Junior colts I expect them to lose to Mount Barker, with the Echunga and Uraidla games in the balance.

Predicted Final Range: 155-166

Echunga - curr 116
This week very important in the A's against TV with the winner gaining an extra 10 points against a fellow relegation candidate. I expect them to beat both Bridgewater and Hahndorf (20 points). Unlikely to win any of the remaining games in the Bs (0 points). Expecting them to lose the Senior colts against Bridgewater & Hahndorf, with the game against Torrens Valley in the balance. In the junior colts I don't see them beating Hahndorf, but both the Torrens Valley & Bridgewater games are a chance.

Predicted Final Range: 136-157

Torrens Valley - curr 111
As mentioned, this week very important against Echunga and likely to beat Hahndorf (10 points) with the Ironbank game also a chance. Expecting TV to win their B-Grade games against Echunga & Hahndorf (10 points) and a chance to beat Ironbank. Not expecting them to win the Senior colts against Hahndorf or Ironbank but the Echunga game could be a chance. Similar in the Junior Colts I expect losses to Hahndorf & Ironbank but toss a coin in the Echunga game with it being a close one earlier in the year.

Predicted Final Range: 131-164

If Torrens Valley beat Echunga this week then Bridgewater should be safe, but their performance in the A-Grade mean that if a few results go Echunga's way, Bridgewater also find themselves in danger.

Should be an exciting finish.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sums up CU mind set doesnt it Piglet, taking pot shots at a club whos active in the second week of the finals while they sit on SAAFL sanctions and another year of irrelevance in div 6.. You cant teach an Old Dog New Tricks which is why they will always be a battling club
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The piss weak coward only got 5 games!

Not enough considering the victim will never play again! Has to retire from contact sport at 26 & will likely be vision impaired for life effecting he's ability to earn an income.

Poor form also from the culprit referring to himself as Rocky!
by Numbers
Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With all due respect, the make-up at the time of the SFL is similar to what the Hills FL is now with Sedan-Cambrai & Milang the only genuine country teams left.

The Hills region is as much Adelaide metro as areas like Aldinga and McLaren Flat were at the time I was referring to (remembering also Kangarilla & Meadows were part of the equation). Hills is effectively a Metro league these days, with a few outlying towns.

It is certainly the most comparable recent example and a lot of lessons can be taken from it.

Thanks for the geography lesson - I'm sure the good folk of Macclesfield, Meadows, Kersbrook, Sedan, Milang, Mt Torrens, Mt Pleasant, Birdwood and Gumeracha will be pleased to know they're now in the metropolitan area.

Point remains the same, the smaller clubs will have no option but to consider a merging, or sign up for the C grade comp.

Maccy, Meadows, Mt Torrens & Birdwood are all similar distances from the CBD as Aldinga & Gawler
Kersbrook and Gumeracha are closer
I talked about Sedan & Milang as being genuine country
When was the last time Mount Pleasant was used, isn't Torrens Valley based at Mount Torrens?

Dismiss the points I have made if you really believe SFL was a fully metropolitan league in the late nineties, even one of your "country" teams you mentioned above (Meadows) was playing in that Metropolitan league at that time.

The relevant experience I was trying to get across was:
Up until the mid 90s the SFL Div2 comp was quite competitive. In 1995 Mitchell Park joined Div1 making it 11 teams in Div1 & 8 in Div2 (similar to what is being suggested for next season in hills). 1997 went crazy, Brighton joined Div1 and entered their C & D grade in the Div2 comp (made a 12-9 split). Coming from the Amateurs they had underestimated the strength of Div2 and there were a number of record scores against them. The Div2 was also starting to see a divide with some reasonably strong teams and some very weak teams. A number of very high margins were occurring at that stage.
The decline progressed in 1998 when McLaren Vale and McLaren Flat merged making a 12-8 split. Meadows went the season without a win and left at the end of the season making it a 12-7 split. The second division by this stage was a very unattractive proposition for the lower Div1 clubs with 3 strong teams (Kangarilla, Aldinga, McLaren), 2 half competitive teams (Lonsdale & Mitchell Park) and 2 very weak teams (Cove & Brighton thirds).
In 2000 the Brighton experiment was brought to a halt (after a number of 40 goal losses), being left with only 6 teams and McLaren wanting out, the league pushed two sides down to balance it better making it 10-8, the damage had been done however.
Mitchell Park and McLaren left at the end of the season reducing it to a 6 team competition. This lasted one season until it was determined to be unviable (4 team U/18 comp, 5 team U/16 & U/14 comps). At the end of the 2001 season, the two divisions were combined to form one 16 team competition (based on the AFL at that time). As a result of this the Lonsdale & O'Sullivan Beach teams merged to make it 15 teams.

Of the 6 teams of that final Div2 season, 2 have become strong clubs (Cove & Flagstaff Hill), 1 left (Kangarilla) and the other two have struggled (Aldinga & the combined OSB/Lonsdale team).

The Saturday juniors have been impacted severely as the Div2 comp traditionally failed to match the junior structure of Div1. This season has seen it hit a low with only 10 teams fielded in the U/16 & U/14 competitions and down to only 8 clubs fielding a full set of teams in their own right in all the 5 Saturday grades.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Final scores: Echunga 14.9 d. Uraidla 10.13
by Banker
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great work Echunga, good to see them stick it up the league
by Jim05
Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no reason for Echunga to go down, there is nothing in the rules that says the relegation points system is limited to minor round games.
The rule was obviously written with little thought and minimal analysis into what potential outcomes could prevail, it certainly never took into account a team that was a candidate for relegation making the finals.

By winning the Premiership, Echunga have done the ultimate to save themselves, they have created the perfect storm for the HFL. If they force Echunga into relegation, broad spread ridicule will result. Also, if the HFL force Echunga to go down (even though no court in the land would agree if Echunga took that path), then the Country Division rightfully becomes Division 1 as the best team in the HFL resides within it, the Central Division effectively becomes irrelevant.

As a result, Echunga will not go down, however the resulting decision on the structure of the league will have long ranging consequences.
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Vics - Can you please do me a favour and never become associated with the Brighton Bombers. It seems as though trouble follows you around. ;)
by Down the Hill
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

grasshopper22 wrote:If Echunga get relegated and another team wins the flag next yr, you can't say you've beaten the best team can you?. Makes a mockery of things doesn't it?

Country division winner would be the best team
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a player from the echunga football club I'm sick and tired of the absolute rubbish this forum provides. All you jerks that claim we spent all our money and effort Into our senior side which is incorrect. Our juniors steadily improved, they weren't world beaters however we were never disgraced. What more can a club do coming up from a lower division? All I can say is Lofty, Ironbank, , bridge water and torrens valley better be ready for country in 2016
by bookie
Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man, just stop already. Do the club some good and put a ban on yourself on this forum. As an ad bungs supporter, I'm embarrassed!!!

Thanks City

Happy to self impose a week's ban to gain an invaluable view from the Central forum members.

Should be interesting to see how insightful - as opposed to spiteful - they all can be.
Any chance you could make it 6 months. :D

And a few others take a leaf from this book :lol:
by The Panther
Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Yank Man wrote:No. Towns are committed to SFL and will have their juniors back in 2015.

:shock:

What has happened to the Edwardstown Junior Sports Club?

They got kicked off their home ground.... ;)
by heater31
Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?

Not kicked off EV. The EFC juniors are returning to the Towns ground in 2015 and will continue in Metro South for one more season. I understand that the long term plan for 2016 is that they will then become one club and finally fulfill the SFL agreement to field all juniors in the league. Hopefully it all comes to fruit so the club can get back to realising its decision to be a strong club in the SFL.

Thanks for the clarifier Yank.

It would appear in 2016 when they are one club again all that bad blood will have been for naught. I wonder how many life long friendships will have been lost as a result? How many kids left for greener pastures? How much time, effort and $$ will have been put into a breakaway club only to return a few years laters. It's all a bit puzzling from an outsiders perspective

Puzzling for those inside as well EV. I started the juniors in 1995 with Andrew Millington who went to West Adelide in 2000. 5 years of hard work to give the club a future. Unfortunately there still seems to be some egos that don't have much regard for SFL but the goal is to work together for the common thread. They will remain EFCJSC for 2015 because of ongoing sponsorship arrangements and have the full season to put it back together. Yes I'm sure a few good people and players have been affected and probably moved on. But what is done is done and can't be changed but at least they're back together and have a base to work with.
by Yank Man
Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Supreme Court rules in Echunga's favour.

An unbiased decision made at the highest level taking into account all aspects surrounding relegation and the process.

Great win for Hills Football overall and common sense prevailing.
by Legs Man
Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When will you idiots learn. It's not echunga's fault, nor is it really the hfl's fault. If the hfl is run by the clubs then the blame should be spread equally between all of the clubs for allowing this to happen.
As for getting stuck into Echunga on this forum, did to not learn anything form last year. I am sure I could find numerous comments on this forum as to how they wouldn't win a game. That worked well didn't it. They obviously have a very strong club spirit and will not lay down easily. Is this really a bear you want to poke???
How about you worry about getting a kick yourself, or of you are not a player how about don't something to improve your club instead just using one hand to type rubbish on a forum!
by R. White
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As an outsider to this league I can't believe all the hate this outcome has created. You all need to suck it up & get over it! Like it or not the "umpire" has made his decision so accept it & make the Hills League a better competition as a result of this outcome. I still think your points system is flawed as it heavily favors the bigger population areas who have a larger numbers of kids to pick from.The Hills League really needs to go back to the drawing board & come up with a solution that best fits the wide range within the league,Football is a great game & the glue that holds many country communities together,lets not see that destroyed by self interest & petty jealousies.Cheers
by CouchExpert
Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Either Rock & Has been or Running Defender & Legsman will have egg on their faces next year. Someone is very wrong here about the taxpayer issue & I will be watching with interest, until then can we move on from it.

Now the decision by the court has been made, regardless of which side we are on, lets accept it & come together for the betterment of the HFL as a whole. This means stopping the abuse of the
-current board
-by-laws (no matter how badly written)
-other clubs
-other clubs officials etc
-other forum users
& instead lets make constructive suggestions on how to improve our great league. I love living in the Adelaide Hills (have been here most of my life) and I love footy in the Hills. This has been an embarrassment to us all & regardless of which side we are on, all parties have some fault here for this mess.
by cracka
Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:A superleague sounds a lot like what the Southern league has in place.....

marbles is the man to speak about super leagues ;)

Yeah, ask his advice & do exactly the opposite, then we might be somewhere close to what we need. :D
by cracka
Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Esteban Vihaio wrote:A superleague sounds a lot like what the Southern league has in place.....

marbles is the man to speak about super leagues ;)
by woodublieve12
Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spot on Wazza. Lots of hard working and community minded people having the rug pulled from under them. Posters obviously having the luxury of living in a community where they have options for their kids and families, then not giving a rats about anyone else. Then making a decision that will destroy someone else's community without a hint of guilt. Missing the point of why town sport exists.
by On The Pine
Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this Sedan thing has me interested, I feel like travelling out there to support them! Have checked the A grade results and see that they have won 7 A grade games since 2010 and most were against Callington which I understand Elmer is now part of your club.
I admire any club that has been able to still hold itself together to even field 2 snr teams - it shows the level of support that this club has from its community.
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this Sedan thing has me interested, I feel like travelling out there to support them! Have checked the A grade results and see that they have won 7 A grade games since 2010 and most were against Callington which I understand Elmer is now part of your club.
I admire any club that has been able to still hold itself together to even field 2 snr teams - it shows the level of support that this club has from its community.

Someone finally who gets it. Now, if you do come out, bring about 15 kids as well!
by On The Pine
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!

Just to be clear, they haven't been 'voted out', they have been put into Division 3. They remain a member club of the HFL.

"Division 3" is nothing more than a kick and catch C-Grade, same effect as being kicked out.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understand your view Cracka, I cant think of an example where anyone, anyteam or any company needs or wants to bend to appease one. But if Sedan have fielded 2 x teams, and now they will only field 1, that means 20 (I suppose?) drop out only two months out from the season starts? I obviously dont have a lot of context here re history. But I still cant figure why a club who has too many for Div 3 cant be in Div 2.
I get the sense here it is about juniors as you have said, so if thats the biggest issue removing a club because of lack of junior participation is a slippery slope. What other clubs with small populations with negative growth are there and face the same thing...do these towns have soccer now, if not will they as you only need what 7-10 to play? I see the challenge, but removing a club with what understand is able to fill 2 teams back to filling just 1 I dont think is the answer. I dont know enough to give advice on what that answer is, but clearly there are real issues here if this is the only solution that has been adopted by the clubs. I heard on the radio this morning the vote was 8-7 to demote SC (this prompted me to join the forum). This leaves some clubs not putting a vote forward, this doesnt appear right. such a decision like this, which is so close shouldnt have fence sitters, and if there are fence sitters then I would say that these voters werent convinced that demoting SC was the right thing to do (at this point in time anyway).
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh really, not full teams hey? If they got flogged but still turned up I admire them! Certainly not the HFL fault, they are isolated and no matter which they turn they will face issues (Barossa too strong, Riverland Independant too far and a lot of teams on brink, RMFL too strong) so they are probably a square peg in round hole.

It was mentioned in previous post issues in Div 2 is juniors but the Hahndorf club were filling their junior spot where they? How come that doesnt work then? Or is that the Clubs dont want to travel to Sedan and/or want a more competitive A grade side?
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blackwood?

FFS, you are being more annoying than usual today.

Blackwood just got turfed for not bringing in an extra side.

You also don't appear to have grasped the concept that your club has pulled their nomination of a 4th side.

Division 7 is not a virus. :roll:

Smarten up, or I swear to god I'll ask admin to change your password and not tell you.
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blackwood?

You also don't appear to have grasped the concept that your club has pulled their nomination of a 4th side.

Smarten up, or I swear to god I'll ask admin to change your password and not tell you.

marbles needs to concentrate on C1 then if they are not even in div 7 or 8 ..how ironic..game over.. :)
by zedman
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No marbles in D7??!!

by Q.
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles needs to concentrate on C1 then if they are not even in div 7 or 8 ..how ironic..game over.. :)

Good work Marbles, after 31 proud years of having a D grade, your pea hearted mates have ruined the tradition! :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So,

A. Henley play a strong D Grade of experienced players, win flag, have fun. Blokes retire and move on after success.

Ergo

B. D7 A grade clubs playing C grade clubs is a virus.

The leap of logic to get from A. to B. is astonishing.
by morell
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a tiger repellent rock to sell you marbles.

by morell
Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morell the now official fact that every 4 team club to have ever entered Division 7 has now officially lost their D-Grade as a result

Smosh after one season is running back to div 8 asap

Uni and Modbury have 5 teams minimum

It might not be a virus, but its a massive sink hole as Broadview, TTG, Flinders Park Sacred Heart and now Henley have all now been depleted in the past 2 years.

Participation rates going up or down? do the maths

Status Quo Marbles.... not running........finished in the bottom two and got relegated........ :roll:
by Cohiba
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And there in a heartbeat goes marbles' brilliant idea of a super C/D Grade competition, which right from the get go was a dead set stupid ******* idea, as the whole world knows, but marbles.

Now that Henley haven't got the fortitude to field a genuine D Grade side for the reason that D7 Res is there for - maybe the competition can get some credibility in that grade.

Suck shit marbles & Henley - very few people on here will give a toss about your dilemma - your club made their own bed at the expense of other genuine efforts - now you can go root yourselves.
by X Runna
Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would've been much nicer. I would've just cut your face.
by morell
Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and you're talking about C grade in the D7 thread when you were clearly instructed not to.

See ya pal.
by Footy Chick
Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PNU will not finish in the bottom 2.
by Trader
Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:H-O-U-G-H-T-O-N

Isn't that pronounced HOFFTON? ;)

FFS, no wonder we just call them the Mountain Men :lol:

Who love mountain women.

If, by 'mountain women' you actually mean 'sheep', then yes.
by Q.
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Southern League C grade is a solid standard. Seen sides in that comp that would pants any premiership winning reserves teams from lower divisions.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sedan have never forfeited B grade. Juniors on the other hand are the problem.
by On The Pine
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |