Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Interesting to see what the doggies fans make of that
Completely understand why he made the decision. Probably not a difficult one in the end, money and a career. He's been a fantastic player for us and a great bloke. Another player we have to replace.
Another reason I hate this reserves decision and hope it blows up in the face of the clubs that voted it in.
by sjt
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

The sanfl and the bendovers have shot themselves in the foot. They've p$&@$d off true sanfl supporters, treated them with contempt and now the league will suffer. Unless they count the 44k "one club" members, sanfl club memberships are going to suffer at a time they can least afford it.
by sjt
Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL AGM Reports

Media Release from the SANFL...

Monday 17th March 2014

2013 AGM: SANFL HEADED BACK TO PROSPERITY

The SANFL is looking ahead to a period of sustained prosperity following the official conclusion of the 2013 financial year.

The League held its Annual General Meeting tonight (Monday 17th March 2014) and tabled its 2013 Annual Report, showing the SANFL made an underlying profit of $2.13m excluding depreciation, stadium write-down and abnormal items.

In 2013, the SANFL also reported:

- a positive net cash flow from operating activities of $3.8m compared with $1.3m in 2012;

- an increase in cash on hand at the end of the year of almost half a million dollars to $1.7m; and

- a 3% operating expenditure reduction.

The statutory loss of $12.4m was largely due to the continued write down of AAMI Stadium; a planned process undertaken to reflect the future revenue and value following the shift of AFL football to Adelaide Oval.

However, the SANFL will soon be able to recognise the value of the license it has to use Adelaide Oval for the next 80 years – which has been independently assessed by Ernst & Young at $93.5m – which will return the SANFL’s asset value to in excess of $100m in 2014.

“The League’s financial business plan shows a significant improvement in earnings from the 2014 season when football is played at Adelaide Oval,” said John Olsen AO, Chairman of the South Australian Football Commission.

“In addition to revenue opportunities, the League has implemented a lower cost structure as it will no longer be running a major stadium,” he said.

“The League’s commitment to provide additional funding to the Port Adelaide Football Club has concluded at a total of $14.75m - a fact not understood, recognised or appreciated by many.

“The elimination of this exposure upon the transfer of licences combined with the financial benefits of moving to Adelaide Oval will allow the SANFL to commence a debt reduction program from 2014.

“The underlying business continues to be profitable and the level of profit will improve as a result of a higher financial return from Adelaide Oval.”

Mr Olsen said the SANFL would also use the proceeds of selling land at AAMI Stadium to reduce its debt.

“After a process that has taken three years to get the land at AAMI Stadium rezoned, the SANFL went to market with an Expression of Interest process that concluded last week. We are currently evaluating the bids received to purchase all or part of the land,” he said.

“Inclusive of the proceeds from the sale of land, the SANFL expects to be able to fully repay its debt in coming years.”

The SANFL also reported strong participation numbers for 2013, including:

- more than 113,000 participated in football in South Australia and involvement at club level across the State rose to more than 45,000;

- the number of children aged 5-12 increased by 7.5% while total Primary and Secondary school participation increased by 13.5%; and

- participation in the South Australian Women’s Football League increased by 27.5%.

Mr Olsen also reflected on the wide range of issues dealt with by the Commission over the previous 12 months which included the AFL licences, the move to Adelaide Oval, the rezoning of AAMI Stadium and AFL ‘second’ teams in the SANFL competition.

“I doubt whether there ever has been a time with such diverse, complex and demanding issues on the table all at once,” he said.

“However, the hard work is not over and only continued financial vigilance, innovative thinking and a spirit of collaboration will see our potential realised.”

As I've said many times, the sanfl was in the perfect position to stand up to the whims of the afl clubs. Sell the afl licenses, attain value from the footy park land and receive the Adelaide oval management fee. No longer have a liability or obligation to support port (or the crows), leave this to the afl as per the other afl clubs. Why bendover for a piss poor deal letting them into our comp. to no clubs financial benefit. They should have charged them a fee to enter the reserves comp.
by sjt
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

the observer wrote:Any news on Krakourer is he still training still in contention or gone I hope he is given another go

They're going to sign him on $400 a week and he's their mature age player for 2030.
by sjt
Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South 2014

Purchased my three game membership this week. The office lady said she had a few non south supporters sign up this week.
by sjt
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

24laceup wrote:
DOC wrote:I did not mean to imply that he was hit off the ball.

just finding some of the comments regarding the reports to be ironic.

Ironic or moronic?

Away to much made out of it (lol).
by sjt
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

Port Power Reserves
daylight
more daylight
even more daylight

Eagles
North
Norwood
Adelaide Crows Reserves

Glenelg
Central
West
South
Sturt

I was surprised at the attitude of my brother-in-law (a mad keen Port Adelaide Magpies supporter since birth 57 years ago attending most matches) about the coming season. He does not plan on going to a single match this year, having lost total interest to, in his words 'it is not the Magpies anymore, it is not the true Port Adelaide. It is just an AFL Reserves side'.
I know it is what many of us may have thought, but I did not expect it coming from him. Are there a lot more Magpie supporters with his attitude?

Only the ones that read the crap from people that want the magpies dead. Speaking to a very good family friend on the weekend that has played and been involved with port adelaide for many years, said that the club feels like the real PAFC then it ever has especially over the last 5-7 years. I'm sure those supporters will be back once the success comes.
Yep winning makes a difference. Probably not just those that read comments on here, but also comments made by your captain on Facebook (pre-cheque book and rule bending).
by sjt
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

topsywaldron wrote:
beenreal wrote:Have to say, the bitterness, disdain and vitriol dripping from each of these posts has me salivating with a warm inner glow.

Can't wait till the actual side is named.

8)

You forgot pity.

Yeah, it's funny how Australians view an "uneven playing field", in sport .
by sjt
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

You blokes gotta get over it.

Yeah you are right, no room for people having a bit of banter on here anymore ;) yeah there's banter and then there's flogging a dead horse especially people like jim05 who support an afl club in Victoria with a reserves side in the VFL. I will admit or was weird today as a crows AFL supporter and a Roosters supporter. I was hoping north win but crows players like porplyzia, Lyons and Johnston get in form
So you were the one.
by sjt
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

does anyone have the quote from trig about the 4,000 supporters? It would be interesting to revisit and actually se what he said.

This is my fav article

ahhhh the old guestimate.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows8217-push-for-sanfl-entry-does-hurt-established-clubs8217-bottom-line/story-fni5f22o-1226696575928

Great read I love the line Norwood polled its 2500 members this month on the reserves debate. There were 642 responses.
I guess 1858 Norwood members we so passionately against the AFL reserves teams playing they couldn't be bothered responding.
Didn't matter. The majority of respondents were ignored. The others probably thought there was no point as honest joe at that time, had categorically said they were voting no. A quote at the time something along the lines of a yes vote would turn the sanfl in to "parklands football".
by sjt
Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.
If it wasnt for the SANFL you wouldnt even still be in the AFL

Since when did the SANFL buy AO? Maybe you should go back and read the post before shooting your mouth off. To say Port and the crows need the SANFL is the biggest laugh out there. Why do you think we now play footy at AO? Why do you think the AFL didn't want the SANFL in control of the licenses? The AFL sides do not need the SANFL, but the SANFL does need the the AFL. Have fun paying for that LEASE if there was no AFL games there.
The sanfl has locked in the management rights at Adelaide oval, they've sold the afl licences and own the west lakes land. With these income streams and realised and potential cash injections, the sanfl no longer needs to bow to the whims of the afl clubs. The sanfl could tell the two AFLs teams to piss off out of our league and it would have no impact on this income. Hence, if they (crows and power) believe having reserves teams in the sanfl is of some actual benefit to their afl teams performance then they need the sanfl competition more than the sanfl needs them in our competition.
by sjt
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Ok, so 4 pages in and I still have no idea how the game panned out.... Any chance of a run down??
The full time professionals won. The young centrals team was out run and out classed. We missed TC, thommo and Symes, will need these guys ASAP. Josh Glenn got Roy's best player, jarrod Schiller second best. Murray Stephenson coaches award for his debut game. McIntyre played well up forward, Gilbee and most others didn't do enough, we often kicked to an empty forward line.
There was no atmosphere when the crows kicked a goal. A lot of afl players got a lot of the ball, not sure about the three or so top up players.
by sjt
Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Please don't pm me. I didn't mean to "like" one of dols comments. I was going to comment, but then I realised he's got to be
Joking.
by sjt
Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn it! I want the SANFL to be like it was in the good 'ol days. Now we've got "Showdowns" in Clare and a commercial network broadcasting games to a wider TV audience all the while 10,000 are going to Glenelg on a Friday night.

I liked it better when the Bays lost in front of 2800 people.
I'd rather 6,000 go to the Bay to watch a competition with an even playing field and integrity. Crowd numbers aren't the "be all". If this was the sole measuring stick, a lot of competitions wouldn't exist.
by sjt
Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Miranda the prize for winning?

A membership at the club of your choice.

Ha... a Port supporter having a shot about Loyalty & Integrity :roll:

Does the name Bruce Webber mean anything to you?
Pfft...

Th
Touchy touchy. :lol:

I didn't mention loyalty or integrity, you did.

( BTW I also have basic memberships at more than just the Port Adelaide Football Club.....there are some clubs I feel the need to financially support )

The equestrian club?
by sjt
Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=701652916515499&set=a.518972011450258.135109.125034534177343&type=1

I have just found this snippet in Hands off our SANFL on Facebook supposedly posted by Steve Summerton last year on his thoughts re Power RESERVES very interesting
It's a classic. Port magpies and now power reserves captain agreeing its a disgrace....until they paid him enough.
by sjt
Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Port v Central (Alberton) - Sun 8/6

Well here we are again playing another AFL side i will be enjoying another BYE this week.

This is probably the first time in forty years that i have not been to Alberton and you will not see me again until the real Magpies return !

So whats the consensus Doggy fans how many of you will head out to watch your team get smashed by the interloping AFL parasites ?????
No chance, not interested in a farce.

Do you support Centrals or only when our opposition suits you?

Or are you just sulking because SANFL made a decision you don't like?
I've supported centrals for the last 40 years, regardless of our opposition, regardless of win loss, regardless of being the only Central supporter at my primary school or high school. I wont stop supporting centrals but won't attend the game. So I guess, yes now the opposition and what they stand for, doesn't suit.
Call it sulking if you like, I don't really give a $&@( what you think). Yes, I'm not attending due to the sanfl making a decision I don't like ( thought that was pretty obvious). I'm prone to making choices based on what I think's right, you're free to do the same.
by sjt
Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whicker Retires

Pinocchio
by sjt
Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - West v Adelaide @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 4

Big Phil wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Can someone confirm that only 1302 Westies fans attendend last night ??????

That was the official crowd I was given by an SANFL staff member...

In my opinion, it looked less than 1,000 in attendance...

But there was a couple of supporters who attended that " otherwise wouldn't have".
by sjt
Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Annoyed by some tossers on the sanfl Facebook page. Many have no idea about the afl in the sanfl and the farce it's turned the comp in to. The crows and power licenses have supposedly been sold for $18mill over 15 years. Simplistically equating to $150,000 a year for each of the clubs. This excludes the $45mill supposedly coming from the afl over the next 15 years for "game development" ( who knows where this will go) and excludes the Adelaide oval return p.a and the west lakes land sales. I still can't see why the sanfl supposedly needs the professionals in our league more than they need us??
by sjt
Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone's posted on Facebook a WA news article. One
of WA's longest serving football commissioners has "quit in disgust" at the direction of WA football, with the inclusion of the afl reserves. He's also boycotting the WA gf, for the first time in 50 years. He's described it as a farce (sounds familiar).
by sjt
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting article in today's advertiser quoting Roy Laird. Mentioning how playing the afl professionals is a real lottery, damaging the integrity of the sanfl. An example given was South played port with Port having 9 afl players, centrals faced them with 14. Also mentioned no team should have to face them with a shorter break, given their advantage of facilities and not having to work.
Spot on Roy, sticking up for the sanfl and the little integrity left.
by sjt
Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So north management was voting yes and missing a spot in the finals worth it?
by sjt
Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nothing? Okay, I'll post it:

SANFL press release:

PLAYER REGULATION CHANGES

The SANFL has announced changes to the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs’ player regulation rules in the State League competition for season 2015.
Among the changes, all non-AFL listed players must be aged under 23, cannot be contracted for more than one year or recruited from interstate.
Adelaide will not be permitted to use SANFL players from rival clubs as top-up players next year.
The changes, ratified by the SA Football Commission, have been finalised after the league’s ongoing review of the regulations for Adelaide’s SANFL team and the restructured Port Adelaide Magpies.
The aim of this year’s review was to bring the on-field regulations for both Adelaide and Port Adelaide into line.
All non-AFL aligned SANFL clubs were involved in the review process, with the eight teams provided with an opportunity to recommend changes throughout the consultation period.
Adelaide and Port Adelaide also provided feedback on the proposed regulations during the review.

2015 PLAYER REGULATION CHANGES

1. To be eligible for inclusion on the PAMFC or AFC Supplementary List, a person must be under the age of 23 before January 1 the year in which the player is included on the Supplementary List. A player may play as a top-up player past the age of 23 as long as he is first listed prior to the age of 23. Adelaide and Port Adelaide will be able to retain current contracted players already over the age of 23.
2. PAMFC & AFC cannot contract players for more than one year. This will not impact on current players contracted for more than one season.
3. Players included on the list of AFC or PAMFC cannot be recruited from outside of South Australia. This rule will not be retrospective, allowing those already contracted to Adelaide and Port to continue playing next year.
4. Remove the option for AFC to source top-up players from SANFL clubs. From 2015, Adelaide won’t include players from rival SANFL clubs, with all top-up players to be recruited from Community Football clubs.
Following the changes for 2015, the player regulations will continue to be reviewed by the SANFL, its clubs and AFC and PAFC on an annual basis.
Pathetic changes, this competition is shite, zero integrity. If my club hadn't voted no, I'd never go again. Hopefully the port power professionals can go back to back ( if central don't win next year).
by sjt
Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL final

Where are those advocates of the reserves debacle that were claiming port would come back to the pack, as injuries started to take their toll later in the season. Port have 19 full time professionals to choose from this weekend. They've probably got the smallest injury list of any sanfl club. As Roy laird said the advantage of not having to work and being able to recover has massive advantages (as well as afl facilities).

Anyway go power, hope you thrash the bendover club. Pickard can't lose regardless.
by sjt
Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

A real shame a club so integral in getting the afl professional teams in the sanfl, has made the GF.

Come on south salvage something for me, from this ruined sanfl year.
by sjt
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sanderson was a significant advocate of the reserves idiocy, unlike previous Afc coaches. Now we also have a new SANFL gm from a real club. Time to unwind the damage and write off this year.
On a side note looks like the crows have done a port and sacked a coach mid contract, now requiring a massive payout. These clubs have money to burn, what a waste of money that could have gone to football.
by sjt
Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has the SANFL hit all new lows.

We now have clubs losing players to rival clubs in the same competition thanks to a 'reality' tv show.

I cant think of how this comp could be compromised any more.

LOL he played half a season!!! Now you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel
You really have no idea.
by sjt
Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Tech1, as I mentioned earlier in the season, it is now time for the other clubs to raise their bar.

Norwood did to win the GF, South and Sturt both did to contest the finals, North, Centrals and Eagles all slipped back a little while West and Glenelg made no progress.

All the clubs now realise how much work is needed to be done to keep the Crows and Power reserves at arms length.

We may not see a great deal of differences next season as it all has all into place, I think 2016 will be the season when all clubs have finally come to grips with what is really needed and how far they can push their players.

If any team wishes to enter the top 5, they have to push someone out. That will remain the challenges of all true SANFL Clubs.

Tell that to the SANFL players that bust a gut each week to win a game and try to play in a GF. Tell it to the ones that do the extra sessions for no extra reward, no publicity but take up the challenge and then have to go to work to earn a living no matter how sore and battered they are from the weekend.
The clubs have come to grips with what's required. Pretty easy to say raise the bar. Have you a few suggestions?
by sjt
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re:

topsywaldron wrote:
Harry the Horse wrote:This won't be a popular viewpoint but I have no sympathy for the SANFL clubs.
They made their beds 18 months ago when they let the Crows and Power walk all over them.
The SANFL is now a reserves competition and is being treated as such by the AFL.

Yep.

Yep. The farce continues.
by sjt
Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Another great result for sanfl footy. No doubt this will encourage the panther fans to come back. Did port end up with any non afl listed players playing? Why don't south just improve to match ports standard? I'm sure like last year injuries will take their toll on port and bring them back to the pack. :roll:
by sjt
Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

JK wrote:Didn't think Port were allowed players that had been on another state teams list within two seasons .. Regardless, hope Luke Wilson goes alright.

There is no rules anymore.
by sjt
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Walsh on 5aa said tonight of the "state league team", to paraphrase- they were in both the games against north Adelaide and west Adelaide but they had to rest players in the final quarter in case of afl preparation, thus reducing rotation flexibility. Great integrity our competition. The afl lottery as Roy laird mentioned fully unashamedly announced.
by sjt
Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |