Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

"But hey...who would have thought...the club has the lowest $$$ spend on players in the league has had a long period of poor results. Surely even you can see the direct correlation?"

Surely you are having a lend here Elmer....
I know for a fact in 2011-12-13 you blokes were spending plenty.
Luke McLean, Matt Fosdike, Brad Devries, Ben Eckermann, Stuart Bown...... Could keep going mate. Those 5 alone were on 700+ and that's straight from their own mouths.

Rob Prime has done a great job with the club and it is in the right direction, especially with some senior colts success.

Well, I can categorically tell you that they were lying to you if they all said that.

In fact, just to make you look more foolish, one of the names you mentioned above played for nothing (correction, we gave him free shorts and socks to be fair).

kluzek, Johnson, and Gatto played for the great club facilities. Love the Bridgy oval I hear. Good to see the recruits stuck around. Admire what Bridgy are doing now but there is no doubt they have paid massive coin and had very few stick it out.
by magpiemaster
Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Last sunday Mt barker had some big boys running around showing a bit of aggression. I reckon blocky might have them fired up, after the disappointment of going out in straight sets. Have heard skinner went down with the ACL not good, he gave us a bit of trouble with his pace and agility. Scrap the points system it reaards mediocrity. If its meant to even out then why have Uraidla played in the last six grand finals, why haven't T/V, Ironbank or bridgy finished in the top 3 in the last 6 or 7 years. ?

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if he does, I think we forget just how good they were for the previous three years when they barely lost any games (unfortunately just two GF's) and with no injuries this year they will be very hard to beat especially with Obushak returning and some handy pick ups.

Horrid news regarding Skinner, top footballer and wish him all the best in his recovery.

I agree the points should be scrapped but I think what Uraidla have done so well is keep their recruits for many years which has given them the ability to add players over the years as their older imports become one pointers. Compare that to Ironbank for example, we have recruited a lot of players for a year or two which really doesnt help the club in the long term and your basically just getting 3 or 4 new players each year which replace the ones you have lost from the previous year. Tv are similar having had a lot of one and done players but they have been a little smarter getting young players like Giadresco to hang around for a while. Bridgy after years of wasting money had finally recruited some good people that had been hanging around for a few years in Curkpatrick, barber and fosdike and they appear to moving in the right direction. Basically the key is holding onto your recruits for a long period, although im sure the success at Uraidla has made it easier for them to stay.

Clubs that have stable squads are always going to have more success, clubs like Uraidla and Mt Barker don't have mass exodus like some of the other clubs in this league. You have a side that's a gelled unit vs sides that swap and change 6 to 7 players a year it makes a big difference. I think many clubs are starting to see this and being much smarter with their recruiting. For me the point system works if clubs are smart in the way they use it.
by magpiemaster
Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |