Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Pushback wrote:Tyler harman is a wineflie now big signing for them gave aldinga great years big loss

Tyler is just one of the BIG signings. I also hear they have signed another Key Forward who kicked 90 goals in the country which was referred to earlier.

James McEntee
by Luke15
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great to see the above comments.
This system is a restriction on trade and as clubs we all have sponsors and members to answer to.
This also makes you wonder is the board of the SFL representing the best interest of the clubs or just bowing to the CFB ?

Business model, restriction of trade, answer to members and sponsors.
This is grass roots football.
What about developing juniors. and a couple of top up players.

Here Here Ol Man Emu!!! Finally someone talking sense. What Merit and future is there in making a break away super league. How about clubs put more time and money into sorting out club culture and their juniors for sustained development instead of trying to bring in all these outside players and ask for extra points and win flags.

This is local footy, going to a local ground on a Saturday and watching all 5 grades play is what is it all about. Instead people want to take this special occurence out and let Money dictate again.
by Luke15
Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So after the Downer that was Association Footy, let's get back to the real thing and generate some conversation on this page again.

My tips this week:

Aldinga Vs Flaggies - Flaggies by 15 goals

Brighton Vs Edwardstown - Cracking match this one, i am a fan of the Bombers so i tip them by 4 goals

M/Vale Vs Cove - Emus to bounce back here but Cove will put up a fight. Emus by 9 goals

Noarlunga Vs Happy Valley - Vikings have improved a lot recently but The Shoes will be too strong and win by 6 goals.

Christies Vs OSB/Lonsdale - The Beach Cup. Well Lions have shown improvement this year and the Saints have gone way backwards but i still tip the Saints by 10 goals.

Porties Vs Hackham - Young Hawks will have a crack but Porties by 12 goals is my tip.

Reynella Vs Morphy Parks - Another solid game i reckon with the Twisties going well and have a very very good top 6 but Wineflies depth will win out by 6 goals.
by Luke15
Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Have also heard Mahony is interested in Cove job as well.

Is this so-called replacement for Paul Crate a certain someone who has coached A grade before at McLaren Vale?? Whoever Christies choose has massive shoes to fill and hopefully they continue the great work done by Cratey. Not much has been mentioned about Christies finishing 6th with the amount of injuries they had.
by Luke15
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Jeez Sturt midfield gonna be pretty good.

Rucks - Osborne - Read

Mids - Battersby, Riley, Kirkwood and Colquoon
by Luke15
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Codey Ellison back to McLaren. Good for the Eagles to get a junior back. Should have played more league at South. Gun.

What junior grades and games did Ellison play at Mclaren ?

None.played mini leaugue at Morphett Vale then went to basketball.
Got cleared from Morphett Vale to Reynella as a senior.

Untrue might have played Minis at Morphies but played 2-3 years of Junior Colts at McLaren. Even played in a Junior Colt flag
by Luke15
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw on clearances page Horrocks, Will Hopper and Kleinig all lodged clearances to Hills League!!! Anyone know where?

What is going on at Enc Bay. If these three leave on top of Sharples, Barnes, Davis then Enc Bay will need to call on the Colts that came across from Yank
by Luke15
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great post Jackpot Jim and I agree this is an exciting time which is hard to predict.

You would argue that Strath would be right up there with Creeks a the most in form side in the comp

I think this finals series could really come down to what injuries clubs have and how much depth the clubs have built.

I did notice a lot of notable omissions from the team sheets on the weekend, wondering whether they are long term or will be back.

Compass, Willunga and McLaren looked to have the most out. Can anyone shed any light from these clubs
by Luke15
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has been brought to my attention and also mentioned above that Compass have done it again. They played a player who is a long term A grade footballer at Port Noarlunga as a 0 Pointer. I am not all over the points system to be honest but have been told he didn’t play in 2020 which is probably why compass thought they could play him as a 0’pointer but my understand is 2020 games didn’t count and you need to look at 2018 and 2019 which definitely makes him a 3 pointer.

Now even if we counted 2020 he would still be a 1 pointer which puts compass over yesterday. My mate who informed me of this issue tells me that last year or the year before in the Ammos a team stuffed up their points allocation and they had the game resulted win plus the points scored in the game wiped from before the week ended.

My question is why didn’t this happen after round 1 whether it was an innocent mistake with Skrypek or not and surely now having done it again, it happens on the result from yesterday
by Luke15
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is apparent that Compass have no respect for there leagues membership partners and even and even less respect for the leagues volunteer administrators. This must not be tolerated.

And what i am hearing is: League have admitted they should have picked up on this and are reverting Tom Dix back to a 3 pointer, BUT because the league didn't pick up in the first place they are saying it is not Compass' fault and not taking the result off of them.........

What i dont get is? Even if the League didnt pick up on it, you cannot tell me that Compass and their A grade coach who has been doing it for a long time does not know the rules???

It is total disrespect for the Comp and everyone in it.

And Finally which shows exactly what compass are like, i am hearing they feel "hard done by" and want to take it further to get it reversed :shock:

You cannot be serious if true
by Luke15
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Fiasco continues.

Compass and their 'member of parliament' flexed his muscles and appealed the fact that Tom Dix is a 0 pointer. An appeal was heard by an "independent commission" (Bob Bache, Gordon Tonkin and one other) and what i am hearing is that they have overturned the decision and Tom Dix is down deemed a Zero point player.

The GSFL is becoming a joke! Mount Compass Football Club are losing all credibility and are making themselves the most hated club in the league.

How hard is it to just accept the points system and rules put in place and abide by them.
by Luke15
Thu May 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mclaren

IN: Jake Stummer-Harvey, Elijah Ware, Stuart Green (returning), Riley Brown (returning)

Out: Luke mitton (South Adelaide) Sam Bentley , Ben kernahan (B Grader), Branson brothers (B Graders), Harms (retiring)

Redigolo and Ellison staying now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on my source they were never going anywhere. I believe both have been training at McLaren this pre season
by Luke15
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I must say I am totally shocked by the coaching moves made by Pongy and Creek.

Starting with Pongy, now I know not all down to Mitchell because there is many great people at Pongy doing great things namely Spinks, Magpie, Richardson and many others but since Mitchell has been there, they have won flags in 14s, 17s and Reserves and made 2 Prelims in the As.

Now myself and all the rest of us are only outsiders and have no idea if there is anything else behind it but on the surface I reckon it looks tough.

Even more baffling is Creek decision. Curtis Perrey great bloke and great servant and looked like he was doing ok. Fair enough if they thought they needed a change but not sure about the appointment and whether that is “moving forward” I heard they had plenty on applicants. Although I have also heard that the successful applicant is very close mates with the footy director and one of the major decision makers.

If what I am hearing is correct, wait until you hear of the names out of Creeks WOW!!!

But like I said we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes but for me and my own opinion Patience is important
by Luke15
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |