Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Great to see the above comments.
This system is a restriction on trade and as clubs we all have sponsors and members to answer to.
This also makes you wonder is the board of the SFL representing the best interest of the clubs or just bowing to the CFB ?

Business model, restriction of trade, answer to members and sponsors.
This is grass roots football.
What about developing juniors. and a couple of top up players.

Nah- just ask for more points. Worked in 2014. Should be the model followed by all clubs.
by MatteeG
Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jet Airport
The SFL have called an emergency AGM for Wednesday night after the shoes loss on the weekend. The are expected to allocate them as many points as they need to ensure 10 goal thrashings don't happen again.

Shoe boy would have that amount each week in the console of his car wouldn't he ;) :D

Not sure if the horticulturalist at Noarlunga has had such a good year??

I am sure the shoes will find some way to get around their points problem maybe they could rewrite their constitution and gain a new life member or 2?? ;)
by vics01
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cause its at Reynella Id say they are slight favourites, either side winning wouldn't be an upset, hopefully it is the cracking game we think it might be.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing a night final is just too progressive and modern for a "good old days" advocate like yourself isn't it LGIL. ;)

No-one queried the standard of the lights when this was approved and there would have been some from other clubs that had a look at the Porties v Shoes game earlier in the year - and I haven't heard anyone complain about the light quality. I've been to Glenelg, South, Happy Valley and of course Brighton for night games and due to the light being mostly trained on the playing surface, the eyes tend to struggle to adjust with standing on the sidelines in near darkness. But vision is alot better on the ground than they appear from the sidelines. Anyway we will find out tomorrow night and it will be the same for both teams.

$10 entry is the same as last year and hopefully will stay at that for a couple more years. I know some people involved with the Essendon Dist. FL in Melbourne and they have Div 2 and Div 3 GF's this week at different venues and entry is $18. The Div 1 Prelim this week is $15 entry so I suspect the GF is at least $18 but more likely $20.

I believe the Tribe FM Van will be doing the River Rd twilight run on Saturday from Noarlunga to Porties meaning both A grade games will be broadcast. And they will be at Bice on Sunday.

I wish I was offered odds 25 years ago that one day Morphy Park and Edwardstown would play each other in a final at Aldinga!!!!
by Down the Hill
Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |