Search found more than 1196 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

cennals05 wrote:You are a nothing club now.

Or you're not a club now.

(with apologies to Maggies supporters who aren't Beenreal or complete tools. Spot the deliberate tautology. )
by topsywaldron
Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Is the coaching job going to be the first prize in the xmas raffle as it is taken a long time to be announced.
by Bluedemon
Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

MEDIA RELEASE

Dedja set to make his mark at Glenelg

Former Snouts bandwagoner, Dedja, has been appointed to the position as Senior Coach of the Glenelg Football Club for the next three years.

Dedja was appointed by the Glenelg Football Club Board of Directors, following the strong recommendation by the highly credentialed Selection Committee, established to ensure the best possible coach was appointed to steer the club forward.

The selection committee undertook a comprehensive selection process in which Football Director Justin Scripps, Graham Cornes, Peter Carey and President Nick Chigwidden, were unanimous that Dedja was the man to coach the Club in 2014 and beyond, with a focus of recognising and developing our young list and maximizing their potential.

Dedja has SFA accomplishments but the club is broke so thought what the hell.

Dedja's wealth of talking crap at both AFL and SANFL levels, combined with his lack of general knowledge of the game and edumacation gives
the Glenelg Football Club great excitement and positiveness for the immediate and future direction.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that shit again. ;)
by Booney
Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Koch ... all piss and wind, looks like a Kock now.

Alan Richardson now officially coach.

Koch was never really blocking it, just getting St Kilda to now foot the bill associated with finding a replacement. Good move.
I liked the bit where he complained about having to pay for another clubs incompetence. Luckily no one has ever paid for Port being incompetent.
by smac
Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SDK wrote:I think we should blame global warming on Norwood too.

Yeah, good angle - now you sound like a paps/pams supporter.
by Spargo
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Strikers 6/57

This is embarrassing.
by Gozu
Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still can't believe some people think the magpies are alive. Sorry, but making the magpies (no matter if they are called the magpies or not) a reserves team ensures they are dead. RIP to the greatest and most successful football club in Australia. The SANFL wll never be the same.
by Blackwhite
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What integrity for God's sake its a AFL Power reserves side playing in the SANFL and for some reason the SANL/PAFC have decided to use the Magpie emblem to try and suck some followers right in.

Total disrespect to the real Magpie ie 1870 to 2013 SHAME on you all !!!!!

Spot on. And unfortuantley, the retaining of the "magpie" name has sucked numerous people in - these people are just to thick to realise the club is dead. Sad.
by Blackwhite
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story

If magpies died then how are they playing this year? again another post where the facts are left out.

Just like a Asian lady boy on the outside they appear to be the magpies but once you pull the pants down you get the shock horror of them being the Port Power reserves.
by whufc
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here I was thinking they were now 'one club' apparently not their still the Power and the Magpies seperately
by whufc
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

This debate which was initiated in the Rumours of Players thread has a home now.

As most of us all the integrity of SANFL has been compromised with the introduction of TWO AFL Reserves sides.

The AFL Power RESERVES side which will be playing in the SANFL in2014 will be badged as the Magpies.

The question is why are they not badged as the Power and wear the Black and Teal colours of the Power after all it is a Power RESERVES side ????

As a SANFL fan for forty or so years I personally think this is so disrespectful to the real Magpie teams of the past and to most of their supporters.

Magpies 1870 - 2013 R.I.P.
by Apachebulldog
Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Ronnie wrote:The Crows= arrogance on a plate.

Your clubs gave them that right when you bent over and let them drive a truck up your arses
by whufc
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North should be able wear the State guernsey in Round 1 versus the Crows, we have more right than these pathetic jokes.
Any true South Australians would dislike them before and even more now.
by Wedgie
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This topic is currently being discussed on SEN and they are all in agreement that this is a disgrace and its an indictment on the south australian football culture and sanfl

Hard to disagree
by MAY-Z
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'Deepest respect', 'admiration for South Australian football','highlight the history of the SANFL and its clubs'. Stop it you're killing me. =)) :-J
by CedeNullis
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nigel Smart. Arrogant tosser.

Adelaide Crows. Arrogant club.

An insult to everyone, I suggest people complain to the club.
by csbowes
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sando wields axe

perhaps all of the SANFL clubs can provide "top up" club support staff on a rotation type basis? Can only do them good to be working with the proffesionals within the AFL clubs.....
by Armytank
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

SA's own Johnny Butcher has got to be in with a sniff.
by BoundaryRider84
Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

To say the least, a bit unfair on Topsy. Hardly the biggest fan of all that has transpired out there of late.

Joe's cut and run, voting yes then resigning, doesn't really need commenting on. His actions speak for themselves.

What sh*ts me to tears more than anything is that there'll be no washback for the gutless hacks that sit on the SANFL Boards and on the Commission. By the time their insane decision has reached the endpoint, the effective death of the SANFL, they'll all be gone.

I had one animated discussion with a noted Norwood advertising shill who sits on the Commission who simply couldn't have been more pleased with himself about what he and his cronies had forced through. That he couldn't answer the simple question about how he expected the SANFL clubs to attract members under the age of forty from now on says everything.
by topsywaldron
Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

Who'll join the rest of us as we greet the SANFL Commissioners as they head into their jolly at Adelaide Oval this week?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/page_3/2381/

It's exactly the kind of back slapping love fest that deserves to be disrupted by some loud home truths.
by topsywaldron
Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The way I look at it is, sit in silence, buy memberships (or more) and watch a great comp get shafted, or keep letting your voice be heard. I wish I was down in Adelaide only to stir some shit. The hypocrisy of some people is the thing that annoys me most.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah ideally no bye and a lot more rounds than 18 though, but 18 does have its merits with it being the fairest draw since I was born possibly ever.
The excitement over the end of the bye has me baffled.

I can't work out how having a few split rounds is any different to having a bye due to uneven numbers.

It's still a few weekends without footy just for a different reason.

I'd love someone to enlighten me why a weekend off for a split round is superior to a weekend off due to an uneven number of teams.
by areaman
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Tassie Blues wrote:Your right it is way to early to know what impact it will have
Maybe, but a few hundred Crows fans rocking up to the first game on a fine day doesn't bode well.
by RB
Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 LIVE Scores

West 0.0 0
Eagles 0.0 0
by dedja
Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

heater31 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: Then said the game is the another word for a homosexual v the team that voted NO.

Huh?

I'm not sure I can say what he actually said without getting banned.

Stay classy Centrals management :roll:

Sorry that we didn't bend over like your club.
by cennals05
Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

My spare time is quite hard earned. But no, I've never paid enough money to sponsor the club with the hope of brandishing that sponsorship for my own outcomes whilst earning the condemnation of the board and administration of the club.

You are a pissant supporter the club could do without.

And so can I. Foe list for you , your replies will not be read.

:lol:

It's a move I've never once regretted.
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Love how people can simultaneously argue that the comp is a farce both because the reserves sides are too bad AND too good.

It is actually quite logical and one of the main points I kept arguing last year. The farce comes from the VARIANCE in performances from the AFL reserves teams. There will almost certainly be weeks when they lose by 20 goals and weeks when they will win by 20 goals, all hugely dependent on
- their injury lists
- their desire to play to win (which will depend on what suits their AFL masters from week to week)
- the rules/concessions that the SANFL gives each AFL club

It truly does reduce the competition to a farce - it is hard to get excited by wins, or despondent by losses against the AFL Reserves sides when the whole structure of these clubs is completely different and any close games are just a fluke by the clubs having the "right" balance of injuries and top up players on that day.
by Ecky
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a question.. sorry if it seems a stupid one.. but.

What song do Port sing when they win? The Maggies song or the Power song?? :?

Sydney's song.

I think you'll find Sydney stole it from Port....

I think youll find Fos Williams stole it from South Melbourne. Its mentioned in the book about the Williams Dynasty.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:just on that, when was the last time a team lost by 150 points in the SANFL? maybe sturt 15 years ago when they were bottom every year? shit, that might have even been 20 years ago. im getting old.

Sadly I think I know the answer to this :oops: , and I suspect you might too
by JK
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Norwood v Sturt Post Match

Ask the former NSW Premier...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got an email from the club promoting the game as the first grudge match between an AFL reserves and a club who didnt want them

I LOVE IT!!!!

:lol:
by whufc
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

That number is obviously not zero, and all the talk pre season was about increased opportunities for sponsors. No brainier really. Now with the schedule, it is weird that they haven't publicised it for the whole year, or are they reserving the right to change which game they show?

I was previously a sponsor of Centrals. Now no interest whatsoever.

i sponsor a local soccer club and ammo football club instead.

And it costs all up under 50% of what the SANFL sponsorship package did for both.

Bit unfair that UK. Your club did at least say no. It's not thier fault Ressies in the comp. If that is the reason why you stopped sponsoring them?

Lost all respect for the league JTC !! I sponsored the club because I loved the league and wanted to help it become as strong as possible. no real interest in sponsoring a club in a league that refuses to stand up for itself and is scared of leaving the teet of the AFL. Ive communicated my stance to to the club for years.

The day AFL reserves enters the league is the day my sponsorship ceases. Always being assured it won't happen. At the end of the day the CDFC weren't just a vote on this issue they were a voice .

Myself and my family are Still members/patrons of cdfc but that's it.

Honest question. Do you think Im the only CDFC sponsor that hasn't renewed this year ????? And the league becoming a developement league the reason behind their non renewal ??? Are all of them out of line.

Can I ask Are you continuing your sponsorship of North Adelaide ?? How north voted on the issue the reason why/why not ??

I have no idea who does and who doesn't sponsor CDFC anymore.
I assume Centrals, like everyone else, needs all the support and money they can get just to survive.
Your post read as though you have no interest in CDFC, but anyway you spend your money how you like.

Yes I have sponsored North again this year, and hopefully I'll be down thee again if we reach the GF. North are my team, end of really.
by johntheclaret
Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

saintal wrote:Centrals away next week. No better opportunity to break various embarrassing hoodoos.

and to claim the inaugural Integrity Cup...
by Pseudo
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!
Lol @ big fella, Shes actually a gorgeous chick!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting well and truly liquered up now....,.,should be a good day
by whufc
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

Wedgie wrote:Holdy crap, almost half time and the Crows are 35 points up!

Nothing wrong with the Holdy for a pre-game lubricant :D
by Pseudo
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Footy Chick wrote:FFS Box - you of all people should know what happens when people mouth off about on field incidents.

If it's being investigated, STFU. :?

Please refrain from revealing other users identities going forward, thanking you ;) :P
by The Riddler
Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A: Everything, according to most AFL-ites, we are whinging just for the sake of it.
B: Generalisations serve when there is a generality, overgeneralisation would be saying something like we don't want the AFL in the SANFL just because we don't like the Crows or Port. (Gee, imagine someone being dick enough to claim that!)
C: Rationality is a good thing. But when we worried that the AFL reserves would be in the SANFL as early as 2013, many laughed us off as being irrational, it'll never happen etc..
So what is rational and who's the judge? Seeing as our fears have come true I think we have exercised better judgment than you so far.
How long do we have to sit back being perceived as rational while our league is whittled away before our eyes?
by therisingblues
Tue May 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

We bent over and copped it up the tailpipe to let these caarnts in, only natural we assume the position again tonight
by Jim05
Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

Don't check the AFL score either ...
by dedja
Fri May 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I fully understand what was posted. As you said the big hint in the first sentence. Did you notice that the last 3 words? IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA. Meaning they are the governing body for all competitions in South Australia. The AFL is a Australia wide competition. Just so you understand.

ACT and NSW governing body is AFL NSW/ACT
NT governing body is AFL NT
Queensland Governing body is AFL Queensland
SA governing body South Australian Football Commission
Tasmania governing body is AFL Victoria
Victoria governing body is AFL Victoria
WA governing body is WA football commission

The SANFL only have a say on the leagues that based in SA, anything outside of this is out of their control e.g. the AFL. The AFL is the governing body for Australia Football and that is why all of the governing body listed above follow the laws of the game, which are set out by the governing body the AFL. I just wish that you could have used the phrase 'governing body' more often in that post. If all 'governing bodies', including the SA Football Commission, just blindly follow the chief 'governing body', the AFL, on the laws of the game, then good luck to your SANFL team in running out with 22 men and complaining about how short your 50 metre penalties are, next weekend.
by SimonH
Tue May 20, 2014 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Taking it on the chin then ...
by dedja
Fri May 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

fester69 wrote:Could not beat the 24.
Blatant cheating umpires, and I don't like blaming umpires.
And next time the Hybrids recruit more supporters stay away from Bedford.

That's one quality cry baby post right there.
by Booney
Sat May 24, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Which official said they cant stay around for drinks? First I've heard of it.
Tex's biggest issue (even though he wasn't there) was a Crows member throwing his Crows membership at the Crows players.
Perhaps its wanker crows that need to learn how to behave?
Problem would be easily solved by kicking them out of our comp.
For over 20 years Crows wankers have told me to go back to Victoria and not made me felt welcome.
As far as I'm concerned they can **** off of from Prospect and go back to their shed.
No Crows person is welcome at Prospect. Everyone else from every other club in the world is extremely welcome though.
Can dish it out but can't take it. Wankers.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - West v Adelaide @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 4

The old bastard on the gate had a twitch ...
by dedja
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - Central v West @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

The big in for Centrals this week is samuuuudogs!!!!
by whufc
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Sure does. For the afl clubs to claim they want more money when they have had record crowds staggers me. They should be rolling in it shouldn't they?

but the afl clubs signed up to the deal, they agreed to it. sure it hasnt been great for them, but it has been an improvement, and as they agreed to the terms before the move how can they now be putting the blame on the sanfl/sma for their returns being poorer than they expected. surely it was up to them to do their due diligence before commiting to such a huge change.......
by tipper
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a lie is different to saying you think something might happen when you know for sure it plainly wont

Is it. When does that "something" turn into a lie. Or is it when you've convinced yourself that "something" is going to happen that it isn't a lie. Ethical business does not work your way.

i believe it was always 4000 total supporters, if you can show me a quote otherwise im happy to be corrected. now obviously that was wildly optimistic, but trigg doesnt make these figures out of thin air. obviously someone did some estimates and attempted to work it out, but i honestly believe they thought they would get 4k per game.

making wrong predictions does not mean you lied. it could mean you did. or you could just be wrong.

4000 number has been discussed a number of times. If not 4000 Crows supporters, how many actual Crows supporters did he mean? Academic, its now turned out to be a couple of hundred max. Who don't pay to get in and add nothing to the atmosphere of a game. Worse than that, particularly for Centrals who has a fair dual allegiance, its created a supporter split and has lead to long term, rusted on loyal supporters who added to the atmosphere of games, leave for good.

Over estimated with some basis of the estimate you say. If you can show me the basis of the estimate and subsequent legitimacy then I'm happy to be corrected.

Shucks, Wide eyed honest to goodness it was over optimistic. Your belief is touching, but its us paying for such incompetence. Too big a mistake to brush off.

The threat to enter the Ammos; a lie?
The unanimous decision required by the SANFL clubs; a lie?

both leverage to get what he wanted. he was acting in the best interests of his club, which is what i want him to do.

dont forget it was up to the SANFL clubs to let the crows into the comp.

Leverage is a funny word/term that has been so nicely manipulated. Its now up there with derivatives. Do you know what it means? The thing is with leveraging in the business sense, is normally you have to pay back on the gamble. In the world of the SANFL unfortunately that does not happen.

So you say he leveraged, but then you say that after all, the Clubs let the C***s in. So if some clubs were saying no and the leveraging convinced them, is there culpability on the part of the leverager, or is it the sucker leveragees fault for being taken in.

Anyway the above statement is probably mute because your belief is he was acting in the best interest of your club (I notice that does not mean Centrals) so the end justified the means. The relationship between the Crows and the SANFL has been reduced to that; a great pity and a lack of historical understanding by supporters such as yourself.

now im the first to admit that i dont think it has worked out that well. it definitely hasnt been a disaster, but you can pretty certainly say it hasnt been a positive for the league. and im sure it is below their expectations. it is in the crows interest for the sanfl to be going well too.

so i would conclude part salesmanship, part bad estimates. can you blame trigg for that? certainly. it seems like the crowd numbers of 4k (let alone an extra 4k) have been wildly inaccurate. but i dont think he would deliberately lie.

Would someone who was in a weak position, had made some bad decisions and support from staff and board was not looking rosy, was able to force a deeply unpopular proposition through its shareholders thus gaining needed credibility, not able to lie? If that proposition is a dud, based on flimsy or even made up data, and the technique used to sell the proposition unethical all to gain much need credibility, all combined not make a lie?

The logic of the SA AFL clubs acting in their best interest should be countered by the SANFL clubs. In the best interest of my club, as of next year charge the Crows and Port each a game day figure that compensates for the disastrous financial mess that we are finding ourselves in.
by wild dog
Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Annoyed by some tossers on the sanfl Facebook page. Many have no idea about the afl in the sanfl and the farce it's turned the comp in to. The crows and power licenses have supposedly been sold for $18mill over 15 years. Simplistically equating to $150,000 a year for each of the clubs. This excludes the $45mill supposedly coming from the afl over the next 15 years for "game development" ( who knows where this will go) and excludes the Adelaide oval return p.a and the west lakes land sales. I still can't see why the sanfl supposedly needs the professionals in our league more than they need us??
by sjt
Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |