Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Facts are lofty are crap in seniors and finished bottom. Loby were too before last year but as no one wanted to come up from country they where lucky for 3 years straight. Just make relegation and promotion compulsory year in year out and then everyone know the rules. Otherwise make a 14 team league with kersbrook, birdwood , nairne up in central as well and tell the others to amalgamate or go elsewhere. Nothing is going to change as the current board shows no leadership and is dictated to by williams and co at the self interested so called big clubs. 1 or 2 clubs are getting sick of it from what I hear and looking for change. It won't take much unfortunately.
by has been
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have just been notified the only 2 options being voted on at tonights SGM are that 1. Lofty seniors in HFL and Juniors Metro Sth and option 2 are Lofty seniors Amateurs and Juniors Metro South. There is no other option given or proposed. Having read through the Chairpersons logic it claims that to field teams in HFL country to win a flag would cost $100k and Amateurs $40k. (If they are stupid enough to pay that then they need a new footy director) The proposal Notes comparisons to Goody Saints who started in Div 4 and have won a few flags lately. Does Kym seriously believe that all the ex league players they recruited played for love !!!! The proposal also presumes that HFL would allow the Devs to field seniors without juniors - I don't think so. (It is blatantly clear that there are serious management problems at the Devils and I think what should be voted on is a new committee.) They base this assumption on the fact that sedan and other teams do this but have forgotten conveniently that they would if they could. Out of interest I rang Amateur league to find out if they still cap junior team numbers at lists of 28 and was informed that they do. That being the case would shoot down the theory of moving there as you can't have multiple teams in the same comp. They also have even age groups of 12,14,16 and 18s - The AFL way. There is actually a Q & A component to the justification for tearing the heart and sole from a club. It is quite comical that Kym and Mark being Chair and President are driven by spite and no common sense. It will be a very interesting SGM and a family member will be there voting to try to keep sense involved and the club in the HFL totally. Do the time in country and prove how good they are and come back up. Unfortunately we are about to see the death of a proud club. :oops: :oops:
by has been
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Champ I love your style. You just proved you know nothing - IB has the smallest town in the hills comp by a mile. Nearest school is at Scott Creek and less than 60 kids. How many reside in M P and Echunga. I know to the dollar what Motlop and Jarman get and you are so far off the mark its laughable. I for one like many believe money is killing footy and the only way you can kind of police that is to put the player payments through the books - give them group certs and then say to clubs right you must play 18-19 local players out of 21 or 22 each week. - 3 imports only. They do this in a couple of leagues I have seen in Vic and it works quite well. FYI you will find that the ATO auditors are now starting to look harder at local clubs and guess who is going to be responsible for accounting practices and tax avoidance - cash payment- issues. You guessed it Committees and Presidents. As the economy tightens things will change all for the better hopefully.
by has been
Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have never heard so much crap in regards to relegation in all my life. Why don't you blokes get a life. I told you 6 weeks ago there will be an 11 team central division next season with major changes in 2016. Lofty will come up no-one will go down and there will be an 8 team country division. Was always gonna be after last years fiasco. Nairne aren't ready to come up next season and amalgamation of some clubs will take place in 12 months time.
Lets talk more about finals now and forget all this by law crap. Odds on Uraidla for the flag now - clearly 6-7 goals better than anyone - as they where at the start of the year.
by has been
Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy new year to all on this wonderful little forum. How about a bit of love for all. Who really gives a shit. Echunga took their bat and went home a different way and everybody knows that so lets all move on. The Karma bus will pull up there is no doubt about that.
Now for next season heard a wisper there is discussion taking place that due to the circumstances there will be a one division 19 team comp where everyone plays each other once and then there will be a final 8. It will be a grading season and then in 2016 there will be 2 8 team divisions and a division 3 or C grade if you like for left over teams and Milang etc. That will give a couple of the clubs currently talking of amalgamating time to complete that process. It will also be a breath of fresh air. The HFL then has 12 months to re do its constitution as well. I know all the so called top teams may say no way but hey lets think about the comp as a whole juniors and all and take this opportunity to start fixing the problems. Step one to that process can be that only 2 paid players (imports) per team and total disclosure on what they are paid.- 19 locals per team like the do in country victoria. I can hear you all saying ........ but get real. This comp needs a big kick in the arse and a good dose of common sense. There are too many egos and dick heads in our great game that we dont need.
by has been
Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |