Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

I think you are all forgetting there is a more than fair possibility that the entire structure of the League will change once the review is completed. The current state of Country Division is not sustainable and must be fixed, and I am confident a solution will be put forward for all clubs to consider and vote on to ensure the future of our competition as a whole.

Surely a strong Division 1 and Division 2 is the key and this is achievable if clubs look at the big picture and not just their situation.
by RAMS
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

I really think all the talk of relegation is moot as there will be a change to the structure of the comp. Which one though?

12 team comp is the death knell for Country
Leaving as is creates major opposition for the team being relegated and doesn't fix Div 2.
2 x 8 team comps - have to field all teams on a Saturday makes most sense. With automatic relegation/promotion.
As the 2nd Div teams field all sides, it will be a good even comp that clubs will not be against going down too.

Divs might start off like this -
Div 1 - Lobethal, Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Onkas, Ironbank, Bridgewater, Uraidla, Blackwood
Div 2 - TV, Echunga, Lofty, Meadows, Nairne, Kangarilla, Kersbrook, Birdwood/Gumeracha

Congrats "mop up", someone looking at the big picture. This is definitely the best option for all club. Add a division 3 for clubs that can't field all required teams, have additional juniors and for the c grade and you cater for everyone.
by RAMS
Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

grasshopper22 wrote:Big Adam Morris clearance pending to Nairne from Meningie.

Yep, he lives in Nairne and his family is involved at modified level. A great bloke who will fit in nicely.
by RAMS
Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |