Search found 607 matches

Return

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

How will getting rid of the Indys expand the A grade comp?

ask the wfc

They are on drugs if they think getting rid of a league all together could benefit anyone!!!
I think the two leagues should operate independently. The RFL is a basket case as it is, let alone having to worry about the independent clubs as well. Try going to a delegates meeting when you have independent representatives there trying to put their two bobs worth in about what should be done in the RFL. Concentrate on your own league and let the RFL concentrate on theirs. Shoot me down if you will, I don't give a toss. You all know my thoughts anyway.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Don't want to take too much focus away from the main games this weekend but any news on Lyrup putting a side back on the park next year?

Any update on this one?

who cares
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

complete overhaul of the rfl commission at the agm the other night
I did hear Gary Pfeiler on the ABC this morning, he now has the top job. What other changes were made?

bound to be full coverage in fridays local rag...
Gary Pfeiler having a little dig at the independents in the Pioneer today. Had to have a bit of a giggle. At least he says what he thinks. I agree with him :lol:
by Bum Crack
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Barmera would have hit their intended target with Dart.

Oh no, not the dart. He's a wee ripper!!!!!
by Bum Crack
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not an ordinary look for the league. It's sad for the league and the farming community that their football club no longer has the numbers to survive.
I had some good contests with East Murray blokes in the past and while they played it tough, they were good blokes - most of those fellas are still around the area and would be heartbroken.

It's possible, that eventually, with the Riverland's population drift, the Indies will disappear. Why anyone would take any glee from the death of football clubs is beyond me. Once the Indies are gone, the next focus for concern will be the Riverland B grade sides...
I don't think anybody takes glee at all. I do think that a few people need to pull their head out of the sand though and admit the comp is struggling and look at ways to best keep their teams up and running. whether that is by joining the RFL B Grade comp, I don't know, but maybe start looking into different options for the future instead of saying things are good, because before you know it, the comp could be on it's knees and at the point of no return. That's just my opinion of course.
by Bum Crack
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

The Advertiser should start a campaign to make the Crows like the Dallas Cowboys. They can be Australia's team, even though less than half of the people in their own state barrack for them .
Well der. There are 2 x AFL & 8 x SANFL sides in SA so if you divide that of course they are not going to have half the states support. Talk about stating the obvious. What they do have, at the moment, is the biggest membership base of any side based in SA.
Here's an idea, if you don't like a South Australian newspaper reporting on the South Australian AFL sides (how stupid of them), don't read it. The Herald Sun (best newspaper in Australia) hardly reports on the crows or power so why don't you read that instead.
Hence why it is probably the best newspaper in Australia
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best 25 - South Australian AFL Players

Brian Lake
Career highlights
Hawthorn premiership player 2013
Western Bulldogs best and fairest 2007
All-Australian Team 2009, 2010
Norm Smith Medal 2013

Corey Enright
Career highlights
2008, 09, 10, 11, 13 All-Australian team
AFL Premiership Player 2007, 2009, 2011
AFL Pre-Season Premiership Player (2006)
South Australia State of Origin Representative (2007)
Carji Greeves Medal 2009, 2011 (Geelong B&F, up against a team full of quality as opposed to Lake at WB!!)
He's fishing mate. and you took a huge bite
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

tigerhutch wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:No true footy fans could, but no true footy fans could barrack for the Crows either.

how can you be an admin and say shit like this.

extremely poor form imo

he is just trolling ... again and again :roll:

I think it's hilarious you knobs even bite. Classic!!!!!
by Bum Crack
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Both teams will not make the 8. The more Carlton lose, the more joy I get watching their arrogant flog of a coach lose his shit. Geez he's a tosser.
by Bum Crack
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

A morning glory when you are hungover as ****. No more hangover and I'm ready to wrestle a crocodile.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Suri wrote:McLeod has designed the Crows Indigenous Round guernsey. http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-05-07/m ... d-guernsey

A bit different from last years one where they just swapped the blue for black.

looks bloody shithouse
by Bum Crack
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Getting this for my birthday from all my mates. So stoked.
by Bum Crack
Wed May 14, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2014

Be good if Kaiden Brand can get a game down back for the Hawks this week. Young Berri lad. Fingers crossed.
by Bum Crack
Tue May 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:Tom Lonergan (Buddy will be rapt) & Corey Enright have both been ruled out

maybe i'll take that back :lol:
by Bum Crack
Wed May 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2014

am Bays wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote: Hope he gets back in the box soon.

regards,

REB

All blokes want to get back in the box, sooner rather than later....

Not all blokes. Take Daysofourlives for instance.
by Bum Crack
Wed May 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Got on to check out the "Round 11 Chat" thread and then ended up getting a headache reading the "You're all a bunch of racists" thread. Jeepers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Bum Crack
Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

bennymacca wrote:Fair enough. I apologise. I was grumpy last night and I overstepped the mark.

Glad to see you've finally thrown the shovel away :lol:
by Bum Crack
Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:For you maybe haha.

it's tough being one of the only swan supporters who write ni the swans forum. it's like talking to myself :lol:

You're loving it :lol:
by Bum Crack
Fri May 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Used to like it but don't care if I never heard it again

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll and smells like teen spirit
by Bum Crack
Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

Failed Creation wrote:I'd rather watch Portia Di Rossi than Rosie O'Donnell...

Now there's a man I'd hate to fight.
by Bum Crack
Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

Failed Creation wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I'd rather watch Portia Di Rossi than Rosie O'Donnell...

Now there's a man I'd hate to fight.

He'd have a bigger dick than most of us blokes put together.

He has dick holes in his underwear
by Bum Crack
Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Carlton a sneaky chance tonight?
I definitely think they are. North are an overated bunch of spuds who won't go anywhere this year when it counts.
Arse crack, I'm quite prepared to pay you to find some new material.
I'll come up with new material when they stop being pretenders. Could be a while.
by Bum Crack
Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Carlton a sneaky chance tonight?

I definitely think they are. North are an overated bunch of spuds who won't go anywhere this year when it counts.

Arse crack, I'm quite prepared to pay you to find some new material.

Apology accepted.
by Bum Crack
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

All the articles are is a written opinion. It's hardly different than our verbal ones and some of your opinions on this site @ times are far worse than has ever been printed in any media.

Slight difference when your opinion is your proffesion and you are paid handsomely to give your opinion compared to a SAFooty poster who only posts as a hobby.

Just like once you become an AFL footballer you become a role model and there behaviour carries weight
I think you will find that after this weekend, the journo's will still be right. Geting a bit ahead of yoursemlves me thinks.
Good to see you're still around Bum Crack, was a bit worried you'd left us. I was waiting for your usual North sledge after Fri night...... oh wait a minute ;)
I haven't gone anywhere mate. I'm a realist. even if we had have won firday, we were never going to go any further than this week. i have tough skin. i've had it pretty good over the past 8 years.
by Bum Crack
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would think normal process, I think the Rovers would be some what pleased with the year.
what's this rubbish in the Pioneer about a bumper crowd, would have been just average, Lefty must have trouble counting.
what do you think the wash up will be at Barmera re the coaching gig & surely Smart & Greenwood will retire.
would have been a better crowd if the Waikerie supporters turned up and supported their team.
by Bum Crack
Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IS/ISIS/Iraq/Syria situation

I found this to be an easy way to understand the whole situation lol
by Bum Crack
Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

Rik E Boy wrote:
dedja wrote:Yep, the towels were supposed to be teepees ...

And they lost. And tickets to the game were sold by scalpers.

regards,

REB

Remember when he made the Cats players form a guard of honour for the Crows players at Footy Park as they ran out on the ground lol
by Bum Crack
Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Really? Wow! Blast from the past.
Interesting appointment - a third Riverland club for him.

Yeah I thought it was interesting too.
by Bum Crack
Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Booney wrote:Had tickets within 2 minutes of the pre-sale starting.

Noice.... :lol:

Got mine as well. Can't wait. Be flying back that day from Sydney seeing the Eagles so will be a good week.
by Bum Crack
Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played in the spring classic at Barmera last weekend and my mate got a hole in one on a 185 metre par 3. He won a grand for his efforts. Great idea they have at Barmera. In every comp, a hole in one is $1000.00. They use 50 cents from every comp fee towards the kitty. Wish my club did that. I'd never get a hole in one but it's a good way to get people out playing. Seen two hole in ones now but I still can't get close.
by Bum Crack
Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

seeing the footage this morning of the old bloke getting king hit by a low life scum. Makes my blood boil
by Bum Crack
Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Justin Bieber Roast on Comedy Channel. Some classic sledging
by Bum Crack
Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4th Place (End of Minor Round)

Just tried to do a ladder predictor. Obviously it is pretty hard to do at this early stage, but i gave it a crack. I didnt bother selecting a margin so the default of 12 points was used for every game.

As you can see though I havent got freo dropping a game for the rest of the season, which is obviously wrong, but I think they will go in as favourites against most of them. If i thought it was a 50/50 game i mostly went with the home team. Probably was a little optimistic with the crows games too.

My reading of it seems to be that Geelong and Port Adelaide will be the ones that shape the finals. Nobody really knows where they are at - are they contenders, are they even finalists? Geelong have been playing well lately but the jury is probably still out. It is further out with Port. They need to have big wins against teams like Collingwood in order to make it.

To me it looks like a massive logjam, with teams 4-12 probably all carrying hopes of finals this year. One of the most even seasons in years imo

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 1.26.57 pm.png
Adelaide 5th lol. That's funny
by Bum Crack
Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

I hope all the boys retire this year. In a perfect world, they would all announce their retirements this morning, get all the plaudits from the media they deserve and play their final game at Geelong this weekend and make it a celebration of their great careers. They deserve better than being told they're done at the end of the year and missing out on that opportunity to say goodbye to the supporters. They looked very slow Friday night and I'd hate to see them struggle next year and have people remember them for their last year of footy and not their great years of footy. They deserve better than that. That's my opinion anyway.
by Bum Crack
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Social Betting Syndicate

We just set up a roster of who's bet it is each week and that person bets $50 of their own money and all winnings are banked into the betting account. We bought a 30% share in a horse with our winnings after the first year and it was the biggest ******* waste of money we ever spent. If you get a few wins during the year, you can end up having a good end of year trip with the boys and use the money for airfares and accommodation and have a big day on the punt at the races with the balance.
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

76 off the stick today. 43 points and won a pair of 300 buck oakleys. Shit yeah.
by Bum Crack
Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I know it's a week late, but the missus got the quaddie in adelaide last week. Qtr unit cost her 27 bucks and she win $17,500.00. She's a good girl lol
by Bum Crack
Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

High profile player admitting he was wrong is good for kids to see IMO

Accepted the early plea - that's admitting he's wrong.. don't think there was any need to make a press release about it, could've spoken up after the game to the media if it affected him that much.

Good on him apologising, but don't see the point really.
He feels guilty for doing something stupid and apologising made him feel better within himself. I do that all the time when i do stupid shit on the grog and feel down about it. It makes me feel better apologising and 3 days later I have forgotten all about it and then I go and do something stupid the following weekend and end up apologising for that as well. He's no orphan.
by Bum Crack
Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

High profile player admitting he was wrong is good for kids to see IMO

Accepted the early plea - that's admitting he's wrong.. don't think there was any need to make a press release about it, could've spoken up after the game to the media if it affected him that much.

Good on him apologising, but don't see the point really.
He feels guilty for doing something stupid and apologising made him feel better within himself. I do that all the time when i do stupid shit on the grog and feel down about it. It makes me feel better apologising and 3 days later I have forgotten all about it and then I go and do something stupid the following weekend and end up apologising for that as well. He's no orphan.

Probably time to give up the grog .... It's not rocket science :shock:
Probably time for u to stop making ridiculous statements
by Bum Crack
Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Was that you in the Geelong players race after the game on Sat night?

Na not me. I was in the members pissed as a fart grinning like a cheshire cat
by Bum Crack
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I'm getting in early. Crows fans booing Dangerfield Friday night and all the other tripe that will be coming out of their mouths. Hopefully he tears em a new one.
by Bum Crack
Mon May 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 in all its folderol...

Above all else the news that Jarryd Roughead and his doctors have discovered a return of his melanoma struck the football world this week. Teams win and lose, supporters laugh or cry, but its just a silly game when we are reminded of the fragility of life. Much has been written about Roughy and his likeability, hard pressed to think of a more widely admired young man. We all send our best wishes to him and not only that, to all people who are facing their own battle with the dreaded “C” who aren’t in the media spotlight, supported by thousands of social media posts.

Hawthorn v Sydney –

The Hawks just did as they do in Tassie last week, going down there and getting the points over the Dockers as the Swans did what nobody thought they could, lose to the Tigers. I read “$1.23 for Sydney, like picking money up off the ground”. Whoops!

The Hawks had some big numbers from Mitchell,Puopolo and Gibson early, but it’s been Breust and Gunston in the last few weeks that have got going. 16 goals in the last two weeks from these boys spells trouble for the rest of the comp. Whilst the Giants bent the Hawks over and questions were being asked, the Hawks still sit 6-2 and well placed for yet another top 4 finish. The Giants broke them open with pace and not many sides match the Giants in that area, breaking the Hawks zone open regardless of personnel is still a tough ask, now they’ve got a few fowards in form they’ll score more and create scoreboard pressure.

Sydney are the most metronomic of the AFL sides, their best and worst is not far apart so it’s almost inconceivable to think they threw away a lead in the last 2 minutes to the rabble that is Richmond. Dean Towers blew it open kicking to a contest when Buddy was free on the wing with under 1 minute to go. Buddy would have made him aware and I’m sure Horse did too. He won’t make that mistake again. Same names, same stats, Buddy with 5 more. All very familiar to us all. Again, 6-2 and not making any unnecessary noises.

Sydney score more, concede less, but it’s Hawthorn at the G. Form is hard to gauge here, you would think Sydney going well wouldn’t even let Richmond close, but it took something special to beat them. Will Roughy’s plight play on the Hawks mind in a negative or positive manner? For mine, they’ll rise up for him. The Hawks in a FNF belter, by 8 points. ( Betting Hawks $1.64 – Sydney $2.30 )

Collingwood v Geelong –

Where has that Collingwood been? I picked the Bears to pip them, they couldn’t have even tripped them such was the gap between the Pies and Lions players early. In Adelaide it was all about Patrick, the Cats got the odd mention on the way to rolling Adelaide, but didn’t Patrick like those cameras? Geelongs defence stood tall.

The most misleading match of the last round, “Collingwood fight back”, “Buckley bounces back”, bollocks. Brisbane were simply atrocious. Take the 80 point win with a pinch of salt here, the opposition were so frightfully poor not even the worst of Collingwood’s form could drop that one. Pendles smoothing his way through the middle is much nicer than his Cotchin around the back stuff and Treloar is earning his coin after putting a pretty healthy price on his own head. Runs hard, kicks goals, he’s been a worthy addition. Still, no Cloke though.

The Catters are genuine, off season recruiting not only got them Patrick but some help down back for the wiley veterans and Henderson makes the life of Taylor and Enright just that little bit easier. How good was Guthrie? His work around the stoppages was excellent, watch Joel, Patrick gets it, watch Patrick, Guthrie gets it....that’s some serious midfield grunt that they have. As is the modern game what you do without the ball as a midfielder is just as important and they all go both ways. Makes them a formidable unit.

Collingwoods win was worth 0. The Cats march on here by 42 points. ( Geelong $1.16 Collingwood $5.35 )

Gold Coast v Adelaide –

Bad to worse was three weeks ago, what happens when you go from worse to worserer? ( My column, I’ll make up words if I want to ) Might be the sunshine state but it aint shining on either side up there. Two weeks in a row Adelaide give up loads of I50’s, have few themselves, stay in the contest. Good signs, or bad?

Another lamentable loss for the Suns, this time to the Giants who simply dismantled the Suns from the get go. The Suns, under Retired Eade still paly man on man football, oh no, don’t buy into this zone rubbish that these young coaches have rolled out for the last 10 years, it’s man-on-man and we’ll work through it. Bap bow...( Family Fued buzzer ). The heat must be on Eade, it has to be, clearly they’re down on personnel but so are many sides and the others aren’t rolling over belly up. Big test now as there’s just pride on the line and they don’t show much of it.

How have Adelaide been so close in the last two weeks? Against the Dogs they lost the I50 count 68-37...-31. Against the Cats, 61-44. -17. How then were they in both games with less than a few minutes to play? Well, other than Rory Sloane in the Cats game and Jenkins in the Dogs game it’s only been Henderson and Lynch who have fronted up both weeks, yet they still hang in there. Good signs hanging in, bad signs when they bleed so hard down back. Fast midfields have left them wanting and they might need to inject some pace (not Essendon “pace”) into the side to take the step from top 8 to top 4. Forward line still the key to their success.

Got a feeling this won’t be pretty, Adelaide on the back of two losses will be keen to atone and the Suns offer no resistance. Adelaide 50+. ( Adelaide $1.03 Gold Coast $13 )

Port Adelaide v West Coast –

Not sure where to start with this one, 17 points up with 3 minutes to go and just stopped, simply stopped. Lack of composure from a side with some strong leaders a real worry. Don’t go to the cinemas for Eddie the Eagle, if you want downhill skiers just visit Perth and watch the Eagles at home. The Saints no match.

While the last 5 minutes was a train wreck to watch I’ll highlight the first half of the match as to where Port lost it. 8.9 at half time to 7.4. Only 6 more scoring shots but at least 4 of them were sitters, two of them went the length of the field after the behind came back in and instead of being 5 or 6 goals up at half time it was 11 points. The game wasn’t won then, it could have been. Port couldn’t break out of the Bolton holt’em zone and it meant the forward line had to break it’s structure and all too often Port streamed forward with the only people in front of them the pie eaters in row A. Trengove will be real tired soon, Wines and Hartlett got in amongst it some more, the forward lacked spark though and the midfield lacked composure. Too often Port players were simply caught stone cold, reaks of lack of talk and team work. Again.

All aboard at home indeed. I gave the Saints a rough, very rough chance last week and that lasted less than 30 minutes as the Eagles opened up an onslaught not many sides would be able to stop. 9 goals at ¼ time with Kennedy having 5 in the bag. They simply ran riot over the Saints and players all over the ground were finding space and time to deliver to the hungry hungry hippos up front. Le CRas with 6, JK with 5, Hutchings and Darling a couple then the midfielders chimed in. Can they do it away from home?

Clearly two sides in a different space, the Eagles get their first gettable opponent away from home for the year and if Carltons zone is too much for Port then the Eagles web on the relatively narrow Adelaide Oval will be too. Eagles by 26 points. ( West Coast $1.42 Port $2.90 )

North Melbourne v Carlton –

North had the unique experience of walking off last week as the winners, only to hear the losers receive a standing ovation. Huh? Careful entering the Lygon St area at the moment, there’s likely to be a zone stopping you from coming back out.

Nort have had a couple of quiet weeks however they still find themselves perched on top and “The view is good from up here” I’ve been told, careful going the early crow. 7 points winners over the Saints ( led by 19 at half time ) and 14 points over the Bombers ( led by 50 at half time ), so it is just a case of not working hard enough, dare I say not respecting the opposition enough? I’m saying yes, but with good reason. The diatribe rolled out about “there’s no easy game” might be true, but players in good sides who are on top of bad sides can’t help but take the foot of the pedal a little. I think we’ll see a more ruthless Kangas this week.

Carlton, 4 in a row and they pinched it from Port with under 2 minutes to go. I’ve spoken about the goods signs for the Blues and one of them is the players believing in the system. Pretty damning for the previous coach as under his reign they were listless, now the teaching man in Bolton has educated them on a process, they believe in the process and more importantly they are prepared to work to make it happen. They choked the life out of Ports back half run last week and gained repeated F50 entries, without Casboult it wasn’t so damaging, they’re ability to stop sides flowing from half back is very important.

Are the Blues a chance here? Not sure, but you can hear the woodwork creaking with Blue baggers coming back out. I think the Kangas might be set for a more complete performance this week, by 33 points. Carlton struggling for big men after losing Casboult and Kreuzer last week. ( North $1.22 Carlton $4.35 )

Fremantle v Richmond –

At 0-8 the Dockers are in unfamiliar territory, not even the Suns and Giants have been there in recent times, some improved performances in the last 2 weeks but nothing tangible to show for it but on the flip side the Tigger train is stopping all stations after a last gasp win seemingly has them finals bound again. Oh, I laugh.

Three weeks ago the Dockers faithful would have been upping anchor and looking to secure a seat at this one. While they might not look forward to singing that song the opportunity to at least roll out that old ditty would have been attractive. Now they’d not be so sure! What they’ve done in the last two weeks against the Giants and Hawks is get the score board going, a little, the previous two weeks they were around 65 points for, the last two 77 points for, it’s only a couple of goals but it’s getting closer to the mark that can win you matches. Not real close, but closer.

Where did that come from? The Tigers have started their run to September with a thrilling after the siren 1 point win over the Swannies. It took a Lloyd to do it, no surprise there really. Not many sides rely on one bloke as much as the Tigers back half does on Rance. He really is the measure for them, he halted Bud after he looked set to explode and then he set up and created for the little blokes around him. Amazing game last week, before half time 4 goals to Richmond, then 5 to Sydney, then 5 to Richmond, then 4 to Sydney, then the two killers to Richmond to finish. Perhaps a little lucky, lets be straight, very lucky to pinch it with Sydney faltering at the end.

The tigers don’t mind going West, they broke the Fremantle run last year when they rolled them in round 12 to stop the Dockers unbeaten run, the Dockers owe them one....but I can’t pick Fremantle....nor can I pick the Tigers. I’m calling it, the first draw of the year! ( I’ll go Richmond in my tipping comps ) ( Richmond $1.80 Freo $2.02 )

Melbourne v Brisbane –

Another step forward for Melbourne last week, they’ve shown they can compete with teams around them and are no longer embarrassed by the teams above them. Not every time, anyway. Ouch. Feel the burn? That’s the feeling you get after Collingwood tear you apart. Horrible.

All sides have found it hard to break into the F50 when playing the Dogs but here’s a stat, Melbournes 48 I50’s last week is the most the Dogs have conceded this year. Yep, even in their two losses they haven’t let an opposition side in that many times. That’s good going by the Demons, a sign the back half is giving the midfield some delivery into space, the midfield working to move it quickly and in and under (clearances -4 last week ) and the forwards are liking it. GWS, Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide the only sides to have more “For” than them. Yep, they’re 5th for points scored. Just need to tidy up the back half.

Not a lot can be written about the Lions in the last two weeks, they’ve been belted around the middle. They lost clearances last week 48-24 and with that let the opposition I50 70 times. Competition average is 37 clearances per game, now with the likes of Rich, Zorko, 2 Beams, Christensen, Robinson, Bastinac, bell and Taylor they might not have a premiership winning midfield like the early 00’s but they’ve got enough class and grunt there to make the most of Stef Martins ruckwork. He broke even in hitouts, the blokes below him just didn’t work hard enough. Terrible.

No happy news for Lions fans here, this one has trouble written all over it. With Dayne Beams a possible omission the old “Roy boys in Melbourne might stay home from this one. Melbourne by 40+ points. ( Melbourne $1.16 Brisbane $5.15 )

GWS v Bulldogs –

The Giants recorded their biggest ever win last week over their young cousins, Gold Coast no match for the Orange Army who now appear certain of playing finals for the first time, the highest scoring team in the comp to date. The Doggies had another solid win, this time over the more impressive Demons and at the G, showing they aren’t just an indoor dog.

The big friendlies are building up, really quickly too. A few “experts” told us a couple of years ago the AFL had created a monster and they appear to be right, with #1 and top #10 picks galore they were set up to not fail. The thing is, those kids are now 80-100 gamers who know the caper and can now see all the hard work is about to pay off. I speak of I50’s a lot, it’s where you score so the more of them the better, simple. The Giants average nearly 60 per game, the Dogs let in under 40, can the Giants crack through the Dogs midfield? I think they can, with pace and skills on the outside. Cameron back in wit ha bag of 7 and Hopper with about the most impressive debut you’ll ever see. 32 touches, 17 contested and 9 clearances. He’d be a must buy for Fantasy fans?

The Dogs have felt the loss of some key runners and that has seen them opened up a little more in defence, Adelaide bagging 17 majors on them and the Dee’s getting I50 48 times, but scoring hasn’t been an issue, 18 and 17 majors in the last two weeks. Spells a little bit of trouble against the fast and relentless GWS side though. The loss of Redpath as the key forward target and the reliable Boyd across half back tests the depth even further. The defence is now without Suckling, Murphy and Johannisen, as well as Boyd. Too much to cover.

The Giants on a 5 game streak should make it 6 against the Dogs side missing too much class across the back half. Giants by 28 points. ( GWS $1.37 Dogs $3.15 )

Sts v Essendon –

Wouldn’t have been a chatty flight back from Perth after getting done by over 100 points and kicking only 3 goals last week, the Saints coach didn’t see that coming he said....should have looked harder. *Standing ovation please* As the Bombers faithful stood up as one to cheer of their triumphant....I mean, defeated Bombers. Showed some heart, Port and the Gold Coast could look that way for some advice.

Up and down the Saints, they’re up and still lose and then they’re down which is understandable. Just when they look to have turned some form into scoreboard pressure they come up against an opposition side that’s just better than them. A good win over Melbourne was followed by the Kangas and a trip to Perth, no time to breathe. They wouldn’t want to take this week too lightly though. Bruce, Reiwoldt and Membrey will need to offer the mids a target this week, the Bombers flow up and down the ground and if you’re a clever forward you’ll find space against the daring play and Reiwoldt is just that, smart and hard working I think he’s in for a big one here.

They do take you on, Worsfold should be admired for not building a wall across half back and just copping punishment. He lets the kids take the game on and try and score, good sides hurt them on the rebound but at least he’s letting them play footy. They are the lowest scoring team, key forwards are rare and Daniher gets the best big defender and the third man up, his isn’t an easy job. Defensively they don’t bleed anywhere near as much as the other cellar dwellers, that’s because they do their best to get it the hell out of there!

I think the Saints might be too good here but they would not want to take this one lightly. 4:40 Sunday, get your tickets today folks, wouldn’t want to miss out! Saints by 21 points. ( Sts $1.20 Bombers $4.65 )

Love ya work Booney. It's the only thing on safooty i look forward to reading. Other than the whinging when the cows lose
by Bum Crack
Sat May 21, 2016 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

bennymacca wrote:Ok carry on then.

Bloody Crows supporters :lol:
by Bum Crack
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

How good were the cats. **** yeah!!!!!!
by Bum Crack
Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Not a bad effort last night from the Cats in both attack and defence.
Couldn't predict the 7 goal 3rd qtr...

Told u they'd win.
by Bum Crack
Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The draw opens up now.
Dogs concern me with their speed.
Outside of those 2, I'm confident we win all the others

We wont lose the games v top teams. It's weird but they rise to the occasion and then lose to the shit teams
by Bum Crack
Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 and its INELUCTABLE MAUNDERING.

cracka wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
cracka wrote:Geelong flag favorites for sure now.

No way. Swans and GWS and hawks way in front of us

Quit trying to play the underdog status. You've beaten every other side in the top 8 (including the 3 you mentioned) except West Coast who you haven't played yet. :roll:

We smashed west coast
by Bum Crack
Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holden Scramble on Sunday at Waikerie. Should be a good day on the gas. Our group ranges from 6 to around 16 handicap. Problem with days like this, is there is always some dodgey group with a ridiculous handicap who have some bullshit score and they have no shame in cheating whatsoever. Either way, it will still be a good day anyway.
by Bum Crack
Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Last night's episode with Jake King was one of the best yet. Gave me a whole new view of him. Seems like a ripping lad with a heart of gold and a very loyal mate.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

Casboult gets one match for his "tummy tap" on Hartigan....and Hartigan turned into a sack of potatoes when he went down.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-11/casboult-banned-for-stomach-strike-lycett-fined

Fines for other misdemeanors.
What a crock of shit. Hartigan should get a match for reacting like a pussy.
by Bum Crack
Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |