Search found 611 matches

Return

Re: What The F***

So, operation swimming hole has been going along nicely at home. Was cleaned on Friday, treated, all good to swim in.

Paving early next week, fence soon after.

Pool installer tells me last week that the solar is going up today, all good, no call Friday from installer working out times so I head off to work this morning as we all do. About 8:30 I message the pool installer to tell him no contact has been made, he says he'll get back to me. Moments later I get a call from an unknown number ( Solar I figure )

Him - "Hey mate, I'm here to do your solar, can I put it up on the flat roof at the back of the shed?"

Me - "Um, where are you mate?"

Him - "Standing at your pump"

Me - "How the **** did you get in? The roller door is locked, the double gates have got pins and zip ties holding them shut."

Him - "Through the double gates"

Me - "Go get in your car, I'll be there soon"

Torrensville to Alberton in about 8 minutes, young lad in a ute parked in my driveway "Your boss here mate" "No", he says "just me"

Me - "So you break the **** into my castle? No correspondence, no heads up, you ring me and tell me you're in my ******* yard?"

Over the next few minutes Zach learnt he'd made a bad life choice. I said to him to give me 2 minutes to cool down and when the roller door opens up he can come around the back. Who the **** does that?
I don't see the big deal. He went in your back yard to do some work. So what?? You need to take a chill pill bro

As I’ve learnt recently it is a bit of a city thing

Having now moved to the country most of the contractors we use around the house (gas bottle refill, gardener, landlord) we request a job and they come at a time of their convienience and let themselves into the backyard if we are not home

When I was living city I would have seen it as big deal, these days I couldn’t care less.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
by Bum Crack
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

A couple of cable ties is hardly a locked gate lol. You city folk. i dunno :)
by Bum Crack
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Getting there.....getting there....paving and fencing this week.

Can't see any cable ties.
by Bum Crack
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Good to see the neighbours add height to the fence for added privacy

Booney getting his rig out would decrease the house values by 40% in that street if he was visible to the naked eye. They're just protecting their asset.
by Bum Crack
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Hope there is truth to the CA board spill and player bans being overturned
Eh, the 3 musketeers might be allowed to play again because our selectors are crap?
The bans were far too excessive and I’d be more than happy if it was overturned

Public backlash was the only reason CA handed down the bans they did , without the masses going nuts they wouldn't have got anywhere near 12 months.

I agree, the ban can be lifted now and let them earn their stripes in the shield before they can play for Australia like everyone else.
That will have nothing on the public backlash if they are allowed back playing cricket early
by Bum Crack
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cup day Comp

I think that this is all correct....

So had we placed a $1 each way bet on everyone's selection on every race, we would have spent $460 and returned $335.7.

For what it's worth, picking blindly, assuming a 15% take by the tab would have returned $391.00
Imagine how much we would have won if JK managed to get just one collect for the day??? ;) :lol:
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Pt Lincoln Race 7 No. 2 Galaxy Falls. Should win and you can get $3.30 fixed at the moment. Be surprised if it goes out further than that.
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Anyone played Loxton?

I've got a site inspection tomorrow morning at 7.30am therefore heading up this afternoon going to get a round in. The course looks great on line but I'm yet to see one not look good on line so time will tell.
Yeah played there a fair few times. Nice course. All the courses in the Riverland are good.
by Bum Crack
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Head to ton up, Aussies to win.

It's embarrassing to see how small the crowd is, embarrassed for Aussie cricket - thanks CA you sell out dogs!
If you think the crowd is small now, wait and see how much smaller it will be if CA let those cheating pricks back into the team before their suspension has ended. People have had a gutsful of cricket and while the likes of Warner are still in the calculations of making it back into the team, it won't change. Piss him off for good never to be seen again. I used to love my cricket and that wanker has turned me right off it and have no interest in it anymore.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

woodublieve12 wrote:After Adelaide's 2017 Grand Final loss, Don Pyke urged AFL Coaches Association to push hard for best-of-three Grand Final series, per Caroline Wilson.

Go home Don you are drunk

Imagine the whinging if they lost two grand finals in a fortnight?
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Giving Menzel a lifeline & trading in Ryan Clarke smacks of desperation...

that's pretty rich coming from a North supporter in regard to recruiting

Look at him fire up lol.
by Bum Crack
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

OnSong wrote:Haha. We'll see what happens when the prices come out. I'm always interested to see the markets.

I'll be having $20 on the beak in each race Sunday. Had $50 on each race at Strath last week on OnSong's tips and came out in front.
by Bum Crack
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Mrs K picked up a Dimmies deal for %50 off last night so off to the Rammy we headed.

Having near-on lived there in the previous two decades it's not a place I get to often these days, so was good to get back there on a quiet Monday evening.

The missus had a Beef Salad of some description, whilst I opted for the Wagyu Steak Sandwich with Onion Rings (kids just had Nuggets and Chips for something different :roll: ).

Both of us were happy enough with our meals - Nothing special about them, but nothing at all wrong with them either. I didn't see the bill because the Mrs paid, but she seemed happy enough with it.

Keen to go back because there's a few decent things on the Menu, so I'm sure we will sometime in the coming weeks.

Atmosphere 5.0 (Monday evening, not the pubs fault)
Food Quality 6.5
Service 9.0
Value 6.0 (without voucher)

Total Rate 6.625

Keen @ 6.625?
Yeah that is a pretty shit rating. I wouldn't be going there after reading that.
by Bum Crack
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote: :lol: “can’t miss it” :lol:

Turn left at the Sip'n'save

That's just up form the Golden Retriever yeah?
by Bum Crack
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just make it 8.5 :lol:

If and when they earn an 8.5 I'll give it to them. :D
I'd like you to go to BBQ City on Gouger Street and do a review. I would be very interested to see the score.

How do you find the service there?
I’ve never been but know people who have, worst they’ve ever come across. Plenty of poor reviews online too.
Service there has been fine most of the time. They can be a bit slack at times. The food is awesome though so I don't give a shit about the service if the food is awesome. I went a few weeks ago and they put us on a table as soon as we walked in, ordered drinks and dinner straight away and the food was on the table in 10 minutes. I love the joint.
by Bum Crack
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:How is it that Kohli is allowed to jump and down and carry on like he did when we lost. Yet if we do it we cop criticism over it.

He's just carrying on like that tosser Warner has done all of his career. That's not an issue is it??
by Bum Crack
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Ding Hao, Gouger St.

Ding Hao must be Chinese for shit service.

Review to follow.

Should have went to BBQ City bloke.
by Bum Crack
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

MatteeG wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
bulldogs wrote:Melbourne bitter

Good choice.
A real man’s beer.

Love it too- but why has it suddenly reached Premium imported beer prices? Saw it for $58 a carton last week. Joke.

5 long necks for 20 bucks in Berri.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And people want Warner back in the team. He's the main reason Australia find themselves in this position.
by Bum Crack
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Dutchy wrote:A week of drinking every day and eating BBQ every night while away = no gout

Come home and stop drinking and start eating healthy options and a heap of fruit along with exercise = gout

Every f**&^ing year :evil: :evil:

Get back on the piss then. Easy fixed
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like Furphy but can only seem to drink 3-4 or them and don't seem to like them as a session sort of beer.

Mind you for one of the first times in my life I got sick of beer over the NY period.

But it's summer!

I'm the same with Furphy, had 3 imperial pints of it a few weeks ago and had to switch.

x3.

I've found them good if I'm the designated driver, just take 3 or 4 and you don't feel like you want 5 and 6 on the back of them.
It's a shit beer. Has nothing on West End Draught stubbies. Mother's milk.
by Bum Crack
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Good to see some healthy discussion on the matter. It means people care. Let's hope it can be fixed.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Ok, have done some crude number crunching based on what I could find on the ABS website.

4618.0 - Water Use on Australian Farms, 2016-17
4610.0.55.008 - Gross Value of Irrigated Agricultural Production, 2016-17

Cotton accounted for 28.36% of irrigation use, however only produced 10.93% of Gross Value. (A ratio of just 0.39)

I guess that's where the anguish is coming from.
I have no issue with the cotton industry using a sh!tload of water, provided it was producing a profit and paying tax accordingly.

However, based on the above, it appears as though the Cotton industry is inefficient in terms of turning that irrigation into $$$.

By industry, the other ratios are as follows:
Nurseries, cut flowers and cultivated turf - 14.17
Vegetables for human consumption - 5.56
Fruit, nuts, plantation or berry fruits - 2.75
Grapevines - 2.00
Other broadacre crops - 0.63
Sugar cane - 0.56
Pasture, cereal and other crops used for grazing or silage - 0.42
Other cereals for grain or seed - 0.40
Cotton - 0.39
Pasture, cereal and other crops cut for hay - 0.30
Rice - 0.17

Of those bottom three, Cotton (28.36%), and Rice (10.39%) are massive users of water and therefore naturally cop the ire from environmentalists.
That is a terrible attitude.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

River cruise in the boats with good mates to Renmark tomorrow. Lunch at the Renmark Club, few drinks and head back to Berri before the lock closes late tomorrow arvo. Love getting out on the river having a few brews.
by Bum Crack
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Some c**t stealing my solar lights from my front lawn. Noticed they were gone yesterday, probably got taken when I wasn't home Saturday night. I got them as a gift for Christmas, why are people such c**ts taking solar lights FFS.

I brought a little solar powered Xmas laser light thingy from Big W for Mrs Boon, she loves sparkly shit, I used about 6 zip ties locking it to the base of one of our roses bushes, she asked why so may ties? Your comment will be brought up tonight.
Not the same zip ties you use to keep people out of your back yard I hope?
by Bum Crack
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Freezing my tits off here in the office. Bloody beautiful
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exactly.
Why would people even bother having evaps installed at their houses?

Rough numbers - refrigerated costs 3x as much per year to run and 2x as much to install, roughly.
and it makes you 10x more comfortable in this shit weather as opposed to a crappy evaporative. The only people who rate evaporative are those who don't have refrigerated.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As soon as I knock off work, I'm going to BWS to get a 5 litre bag of Fresh Dry White, 3 litres of Diet Sunkist and a bag of ice and and I'm heading to the neighbour's to sit in the pool all night whilst getting honkered watching the cricket. Hurry up 5pm
by Bum Crack
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So how did people with evaporative units go last night?

I had to pull the quilt up as I got too cold with our refrigerated system.

Pretty good, thanks for asking. Our unit is a year old and over sized for the house, had both bedroom windows open letting the air out and slept fine.

I guess that’s the main thing isn’t it, making sure you have a big enough unit for your house regardless of what type it is.

As noted in yesterdays heated (boom tish) discussion, most people have a dim view of evap units because they have experienced either A) very old units in action or B) poorly maintained units in action.

For instance, our old unit would dump water every 3 or 4 hours, a fairly substantial amount, enough so that I used to divert it onto my lawn, save wasting it.

Our new unit runs into a down pipe that hits my driveway and I've put a bowl from under a pot plant there to catch the water, local bird life loves it, yesterday the bowl was dry, I'd say the unit has been on since sometime Wednesday until this morning and I think it's dumped twice.

Far more efficient and effective.
They're still shit
by Bum Crack
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2019

MatteeG wrote:Who's your captain pick Corona?

Shiels definite I reckon
by Bum Crack
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Married at first sight

I watched this last night as the missus loves it so I thought I'd have a look. I can't believe they paired that poor bloke with an Asian Trannie. Poor bastard.
by Bum Crack
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Booney wrote:So Saturday C7 had the Test during the day, AFLW in the afternoon and night and Fox had the BBL on.

You wonder why all of them are down on crowds, you can't be in two places at once!

They're down on crowds because they're all shit to watch.
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Thoughts?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-malcolm-blight-says-jack-watts-could-be-the-worst-no-1-pick-ever/news-story/2fa9a85eb3c82bc6941ab2b440c7fac2

Harsh or true?

From that group, true, but someone has to be at the bottom of every "list".

Melbourne, rightly, took him at #1 in 2008, he was the stand out that year at under age level but was clearly mismanaged by a shambles of an organization. Fair to say some others in the top 10 got it wrong too!

Yarran, Vickery....

Pick 1: Jack Watts (Melbourne)
Pick 2: Nic Naitanui (West Coast)
Pick 3: Stephen Hill (Fremantle)
Pick 4: Hamish Hartlett (Port Adelaide)
Pick 5: Michael Hurley (Essendon)
Pick 6: Chris Yarran (Carlton)
Pick 7: Daniel Rich (Brisbane)
Pick 8: Tyrone Vickery (Richmond)
Pick 9: Jack Ziebell (North Melbourne)
Pick 10: Phil Davis (Adelaide)

Picks 2,9, & 10 the only ones from that list who’ve genuinely “made it” & justified their pick.
Bit harsh on Hurley
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Out of curiosity, how long were the good folk on here together with their missus before you got married?

27 years for me and not married yet. Don't want to rush into it.
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Ladder Predictions

woodublieve12 wrote:Just while I talk about the swans (for something different).... It will be 7 years since our last flag... Being a little bit superstitious - 2005, 2012 and 2019?????

I've just put that in my useless information book. Cheers
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I drink very rarely. Even at dinners and Super Bowl at the pub, I stuck to Cokes.

I don't drink at home at all.

There's no reason for it, I just don't see the point.
I drink beer because I like it, I like getting home and unwinding under the back verandah and talking crap with the missus after a stressful day, we both enjoy it, we're trying to find other shit to do inside now though as we got too used of it.
It beats the shit out of watching Super Bowl
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Ladder Predictions

Just while I talk about the swans (for something different).... It will be 7 years since our last flag... Being a little bit superstitious - 2005, 2012 and 2019?????
I've just put that in my useless information book. Cheers

He’s actually got a whole thread dedicated to this sort of stuff...

:lol:
I refuse to look at it
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Yeah Boon is right, I remember some uni was doing a study on netball and the rapid rate of knee injury a few years back. They had cameras close up on their knees as they played to closely watch the knee when under stress. Ironically & unfortunately they captured the close up on a girl doing her ACL :(

I put that down to the sport rather than the womens physiology. Is there a physical reason (other than the obvious) as to why women are 4 to 8 times more likely to do an ACL? Any data on men playing Netball? Apparently this is a thing......
Yes they are more likely do an ACL if menstruating during a netball game too.
by Bum Crack
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Bloody bewwwwwdiful!

Shit yeah. Give me cold weather any day of the week.
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to the Lighthouse Beer and Ciderfest on Saturday :

Woolshed Session Ale x2 , Woolshed Non-specific ale x2, Vale Ale Tropical Ale x2, Little Bang Brewing Co Super Session Ale x3, Migration Brewing Co. Brut IPA x1, Clare Valley NEIPA x1.

Drunk, very, very drunk. I'm told I had a burger at the Lighthouse, no review available.
Lucky you didn't get on the Woolshed Hard Lemonade or Rude Ruby. Last time I did that, I pissed the bed. Very dangerous stuff especially after a 10 hour session.
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crabbing tomorrow for 3 days at Ardrossan. Hopefully we can get a few.
by Bum Crack
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Female Footy

When does the season end? It's the biggest crock of shit on TV at the moment. Absolutely horrid.
by Bum Crack
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Some of the Port boys took out the ATCA C Grade T20 title last night.

Cheers Booney. I've just put it down in my useless information book.
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:Some of the Port boys took out the ATCA C Grade T20 title last night.

Cheers Booney. I've just put it down in my useless information book.

Strange, keeping a book of useless stuff, you read it often?

Nope. I write in it often though
by Bum Crack
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

Lightning McQueen wrote:Image

This was my 40th birthday invitation with my head photo shopped onto it holding a long neck of West End Draught.
by Bum Crack
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Facing a tough decision, the wife has gone to Mildura for the weekend, do I drink at home, at a friends or go drop my car off at home and train it to the pub?

Drink at home tonight, train to pub tomorrow arvo and head to your mates tomorrow night.
by Bum Crack
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone got any suggestions for us to try to stop our dog digging under the fences and escaping?

She usually just goes and sits on the front lawn but today she has walked nearly a kilometre and lobbed up at my step-sons house where she often frequents when being taken for a walk, all good for now but she did cross a train line.
Cable ties
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2019 AFL

$20 a head and winner takes all? Transfer coin to winner's account at end of season?
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:I just got "matey", "buddy" and "champ" all in one conversation. Must be the day for it.

I pretty much use them religiously. I think I say mate far too much but it is what it is

Well you're more of a pain in the arse in real life than you are online then
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just got " matey", "buddy " and "champ" all in one conversation. Must be the day for it.

I pretty much use them religiously. I think I say mate far too much but it is what it is
Well you're more of a pain in the arse in real life than you are online then

I can't dispute that
I blame AFLW
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |