Search found 611 matches

Return

Re: What The F***

Jimmy_041 wrote:What's with the run on dunny paper? I don't get it.................

Just confirms how many **** wits we have to share this planet with.
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What is the fascination with fish taco's? Has anyone on here tried them?
Agreed dont get it. Why would you mess with beefo or chicken?
I love fish and I love tacos but don't get the combination.
Might give them a try at the Royal where they have a pretty good mexican menu and will report back.
I completely agree, I love both but they don't belong together IMO.

I made the mistake once of getting a calamari schnitzel, I thought there would be calamari on top of a schnitty, this thing was a whopping piece of calamari crumbed, it ruined me, I was as crook as a dog that night, I didn't eat calamari for about 5 years after that.

Try one from the Cooboowie Hotel.
**** amazing.
Yep with creamy garlic sauce and prawns on top. Yummo
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Do you have a plan B to do a trip here in Oz if you cant go OS?

Thats looking like a potential option. Going to absolutely break my heart having to tell the kids this though. They both have been obsessed with Paris since they were old enough to talk.

One of the main reasons for this holiday was to motivate and inspire my eldest who is very much the drifter. I've never seen her so passionate about anything like she has been towards this holiday. She is 11 and has literally taught herself enough french that she can hold a decent conversation in the language.
Things could be worse mate. do it when you can and the kids will be twice as excited when the time does come
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We've had a trade show / conference planned for May in Melbourne cancelled. As an organisation we'd spent considerable money on the stand, flights, accommodation and conference facilities.

We've had parties in our supply chain email us to tell us they're experiencing delays with goods inwards and no sign of change anytime soon.

We've, as an organisation, implemented some control measures for drivers coming in and out of our premises.

If you don't want to take it seriously that's up to you, but if there's ever been a case of being proactive as opposed to reactive then this is it.
Proactive? As in stocking up on shit paper and carrying on like a pork chop because 9 people in SA have it? No thanks. I shouldn't say that, there might be 10 people that have it by the end of the week :roll:
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

You jest, but an effective response would be to close restaurants, cafes and bars etc. for a couple of weeks.[/quote]
Hopefully not this weekend. I've been looking forward to this for quite some time. I have no doubt that it will happen at some stage though.[/quote]

Don't you think you have a social responsibility to cancel it and not go out?[/quote]

Hell no.
by Bum Crack
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

That article on the elderly, which they were also commenting on (so were following it) basically had a heap of people commenting shit like “Tough shit Boomer, you gonna die” Facts are they’re more likely but FFS they are living in fear to the point of sheer terror, and so many people not only didn’t give a shit, but just made it worse. I know I gotta move on but it’s grinding my gears something shocking
The commercial TV networks are just as low as the wankers commenting on social media. The amount of panic they have caused is bloody inexcusable.
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wouldn't it be nice if the banks put a freeze on all mortgage payments for small business and home owners for 6 weeks. That would be a nice stimulus package. Surely they could wear that and they'd still make a billion dollar profit.
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers
For someone who checked themselves out of this thread last night, you sure doing a lot of posting.. :D

Sowwy, i think I have an addiction - you people are too good! ;)
Am trying to refrain from making any comment that will get me (or others) angry though lol
Also, try being self-isolated for a few days when you live on your own - you guys are my only company!! :) ;)

Keep posting mate.
You’re one of the few on here who does make any sense.
Bit like me hey Amber? ;)
by Bum Crack
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish you were teaching at the moment.
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the problem
My brother had a dry cough but no fever or a temperature.
The doctor said he didn't have it but tested anyway. A few days later he gets a phone call :shock:
14 days of it and he still doesn't have a temperature (in fact any symptoms now) but is still testing positive.
He's running on a treadmill for 2 hours every day

Temperature testing does not work if you don't have a high temperature and not all infected people have a temperature

Fascinating! The virus lives from one extreme to another.

Imagine how many asymptomatic kids are still at school :shock:

This is what concerned me and why I posted a lot - to try to get people to realise how serious the school situation was. Most shedders are asymptomatic; most young people are asymptomatic. Covid-19 in asymptomatic people is very scary, like a stealth bomber going undetected until it strikes someone who it can do some nasty work on. A lot of teachers in schools are over 50 and with various risk factors (e.g. diabetic, high blood pressure)
I better go, reached my daily limit of posts imposed by Mein Fuhrer Bum Crack ;)
Good boy :lol:
by Bum Crack
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Question: We have a blended family, with shared care between parents (myself and my ex, my partner and her ex).. we have decided to stay home from now on, kids school stuff is all sorted for online learning/lectures etc... Suggestions on how to approach this in terms of care arrangements? Is it wrong to "cancel" them for a while and resort to measures like phone calls/face time?

My daughter is with her mum during the week and with us on weekends.
My partners daughters are the opposite - with us during the week, with dad on weekends.
Should probably stay how it is at the moment I would have thought. Your daughter stays with mum and your partner's kids stay with you guys until it all sorts itself out. That's just my opinion though of course.

Why?
If the kids are going to school anyway I don’t think it matters if they change between families.

Because going from home to school is exposing you to two environments.

Going from home to school to another home is exposing yourself to 3 environments and exposing the two homes to each other.

#riskmanagement
Good to see Booney's on Team Bum Crack :lol:
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BP - those risks for teachers are real no doubt, but not different to many other people playing critical roles in their community, you don't seem to make that link.

BTW have you got your results back yet?

Dutchy, still no results yet - which is frustrating, as I feel pretty well, apart from an asthmatic cough.
My reasons for not keeping schools open are not so much for teachers, Dutchy, I agree with what you say on that. I think my very very very very very very long rant pretty much spells out all my reasoning. My plan is not to say anything more on it on here - I have done all I can.
I call Bullshit.
by Bum Crack
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A mate who is a fairly high ranking detective in fraud has been called back 4 days into his 3 week holiday period ( where he was meant to be in Bali ) to go knock on doors and check on those who are meant to be in isolation.

He's happy.

What else would he be doing? MIght as well be at work and take the leave when he can travel.

Ive got 2 weeks at the end of April booked, but Im going to cancel at least one week of it.
I will have nearly 8 weeks leave owing by the time this all ends and I will having a 5 week bender I reckon.
by Bum Crack
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Absolutely idiotic post Amber. I have no comprehension on why you would post something like that on a public forum?

I blame the media (and the Chinese)
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:On a postitive note for the US, they didn't have a single school shooting in March, the first month since 2002.

That's because all the nut jobs are dead or crook

It's only a flu.

It's not as deadly as the flu. No need to over exaggerate.
by Bum Crack
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

i know this is not on Netflix, but I watched Blue Murder again on Prime yesterday. It's an old aussie mini-series about Roger Rogerson and Neddy Smith and all the other dodgey bastards back in the day. It's getting on a bit now but I enjoy it every time I see it. I really enjoy the shows on the crims back in the days NSW Police were just as bad.
by Bum Crack
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Johno6 wrote:every couple of days i like to come in here and check how things are going

not in regards to the virus, but to see who is fighting/arguing atm

havent been let down yet.

It's good to see a bit of biffo not involving me for once. Keep it up lads.
by Bum Crack
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More than 100 economists warn against prematurely loosening coronavirus restrictions

New figures from the Grattan Institute suggest social distancing rules could mean up to one in three Australians – 3.6 million people – will lose work in the weeks to come.

But leading economists are urging Prime Minister Scott Morrison to continue shutdown restrictions, warning “a second-wave outbreak” would be even worse for our future job prospects.

It follows growing calls to lift restrictions on individuals and to get businesses back up and running as the national coronavirus infection rate slows.

In an open letter, signed by more than 100 experts by Monday morning, economists have slammed the view that there is a “trade-off between the public health and economic aspects of the crisis”.

“We cannot have a functioning economy unless we first comprehensively address the public health crisis,” the letter states.

“We recognise that the measures taken to date have come at a cost to economic activity and jobs, but believe these are far outweighed by the lives saved and the avoided economic damage due to an unmitigated contagion.

“We believe that strong fiscal measures are a much better way to offset these economic costs than prematurely loosening restrictions.”

In a new report released early Monday morning, the Grattan Institute also called for fiscal stimulus policies to get Australians back into shops at the end of the pandemic.

“Direct cash transfers to households could boost spending, accelerating the pace of economic recovery,” the report reads.

“Failing to provide that support will condemn many Australians to a long and deep recession, harming their long-term economic potential.”

I actually dont disagree with a lot of that.

I just find it very interesting that a lot of the people who were staunchly very pro lockdown were calling for it on the basis we needed to flatten the curve and help the health care system out.

Now that we have started to do that a lot of those people are calling for 'we must have zero cases.' Once we get to zero cases or near enough the talk will be about the common flu and lets just see the flu season out which is a completely different argument to the Covid virus. Not only have we flattened the curve, we have gone as far as putting nurses out of a job.

Australia is doing a great job but my concern is this rapidly merging a Covid crisis into a flu crisis. You can already start to see that is happening.
I bloody hope we don't get over 450 cases of the flu in SA this year. Imagine the carry on if that was the case.
by Bum Crack
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But how does the family member come into contact with them? Shouldn't they (the international traveller) be locked up in a hotel for the 14 days waiting out the contagious period before they meet their family?
Probably snuck back in just before that rule came into fruition, which pisses me off a bit as I've seen people on FB saying just managed to avoid some form of restriction by a day or few hours, stiff shit, do the right thing and act as though you didn't eat the system.

That's what I first thought, but even still the dates don't seem to make sense.

The 14 day lockdown came in on the 15th of March.
If they got in on the 14th, no lockdown required, fair enough (noting it would have been good for them to do the right thing anyway).
So they would have been contagious until the 28th of March at the latest. So the new case caught it before the 28th. If the new case only has it for 14 days as well, how have then been found positive after the 11th of April?

So it shouldn't have come from someone who snuck in before the lockdown started.
Anyone who came in after shouldn't be interacting with anyone else.

So for mine that means either the 14 day contagious period is actually longer, or they are attributing it to international travel when in fact it came come community transmission.
Makes you wonder if SA Health are just declaring these cases as 'solved' just to make the numbers look good?

More likely theyre declaring fake cases.
This isnt over by a long way, we have "the 2nd spike" to get through yet. See it coming a mile away
Man Flu is next. Look out when that happens.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When no matter how hard my wife tries, she just can’t make a better potato bake than me.
Even our kids (whom always side with her) rate mine better hands down.
Those men out there who are married will understand - it’s the little wins...
We have our dishes that we don't even bother to outdo each other.

Do you use french onion soup mix in your potato bake?

My brothers ex used to put cabana in hers, that gave it more votes.
I use french onion soup. Cook up a heap of onion and diced bacon and layer your spuds, bacon, onion and a pack of soup and repeat on next layer with a large container of cream and cheese. Bloody beautiful. Piece of piss to make and bloody lovely.
by Bum Crack
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Crow bloke on Twitter that likes me, called me a fat feral once and now has suggested I've probably just finished beating my wife and being a racist f*ck.

He's a quality operator. :lol:

He might have went overboard by calling you feral.
by Bum Crack
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Is it just me, or do others not give a shit about footy happening this year? If there are to be no crowds, I have no interest whatsoever. If they do get up and play to empty stadiums, how irrelevant would the premiership feel to the supporters of the winning team. Just write off this year and imagine how bloody good next season will be. Make every week a blockbuster.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

MW wrote::shock:

Looks like that went straight through to the keeper.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One thing I dont understand, they say it could get worse cause of the flu season, how does the flu season make transmission worse?

My understanding would be that its a concern if someone has the flu and then contracts COVID, which would potentially more deaths. But how does the flu season cause more COVID cases?
I read somewhere that over 60K have already died of pneumonia in USA in past three months.
by Bum Crack
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Is it just me, or do others not give a shit about footy happening this year? If there are to be no crowds, I have no interest whatsoever. If they do get up and play to empty stadiums, how irrelevant would the premiership feel to the supporters of the winning team. Just write off this year and imagine how bloody good next season will be. Make every week a blockbuster.

Its not that easy, if there is no season this year in any form the game will take years to recover , and that impact will impact all levels of the game
Everything is going to take years to recover.
by Bum Crack
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rush is that the majority of posters on here seem to be alcoholics who still brag about how many drinks they have

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can still drink as much as you want during this, so alcohol cant be the reason
For me, it's getting back to normality which often involves going to my local and catching up with friends and acquaintances and enjoying my time there. I'm not that much of a fan of sitting home doing **** all so I apologise if that offends anyone.
by Bum Crack
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

14 active
At the moment, this is the number that interests me the most.. once that reaches single figures then zero i'll get more excited.

I dont get the fascination with the active cases, surely these 14 people are locked up at home and pose absolutely no threat to anyone. Now 8 days without a case and we are still locked down. Its quite clear and has been for a long time that there is very little community spread, most cases were introduced by foreigners amongst themselves.
I think now its the just the government seeing how long they can keep all the sheep locked up before there is mutiny.
The media campaign is now moving into 2nd and 3rd wave and Flu season as i predicted about 3 weeks ago.
Time to catch up with a few people and get on the cans i reckon

Sadly you can already see those who are either benefitting from this, or are enjoying it in some sick way are starting to turn their attention and talk to around controlling the common flu in particular the media.

We have never used lockdown measures to control the flu, and we shouldn’t even be entertaining that concept. This was purely about covid-19
Media starting to run out of scaremongering stories so they need to think of something else to crap on about.
by Bum Crack
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

What's everyone's biggest win?
mine is bugger all but my missus has had some good wins. She jagged a $76k quaddie a few years ago and had 25% and she's had a $44k quaddie prior to that. I was playing golf at the time and she called me to let me know she'd got it and I was playing with the Finance Manager for the Berri Hotel at the time. I told him about it and how I thought she was taking the piss. Next minute he gets a call from the pub as she'd gone in to collect and he wanted to know if it was ok to give her $10k cash and do a cheque for the balance. We got poleaxed that night.
by Bum Crack
Fri May 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Had a couple of $800 trifectas before but should've had a good payday at Morphettville one day.

Saturday afternoon, nice weather, we were upstairs drinking some refreshing ales. The next at Morphettville was about 10 mins away.

Missus says "I like the 13, I'm going to put $5 on it.". I was reading the form and said "me too, I'm going to put $10 ew on it as well". She said "well I've gotta go to the loo, so I'll do it while I'm gone" and get a beer on the way back for you". Cool!

She comes back with a bookies ticket between her fingers and cold beers in hand. Bewdy!

Race starts and the horse STREAKS down the middle of the track and wins at $141 and I'm carrying on like no mans business. I look over and she's smirking.

"Umm, why are you looking at me like that?" I said. "ahh, because it was such long odds I only put $5 ew on it". I was disappointed but did the sums, it was still a nice collect. She said "wait, you haven't heard the worst. I got it at $41s with the bookies"

**** me! I think I worked out instead of $2200 we got $220 and I still don't think I've got my $20 bucks back!

FYI: Rural Forest, I believe it was it's only win ever!
My mates grandpa owned that horse and I was around at his house last night and he has the photo in his man cave of it winning that race. Classic
by Bum Crack
Fri May 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

whufc wrote:Setting up his mental health defence perfectly.

Should mental health be taking into account if its drug induced?

It shouldn't, but it does.
by Bum Crack
Wed May 06, 2020 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

International travel, I think the ScoMo announcement was on the Wednesday and he shut the borders on the Friday, throw in 20 hours to get here and he got on the plane pretty quickly!
So he comes to Oz infected with the virus he caught overseas on 20 March and he's tested on 5 May and he's still positive nearly 7 weeks later??
Probably a dodgy Chinese testing kit.
Probably caught it here a couple of weeks ago more like it as probably have a lot of people and didn't even know they had it.
by Bum Crack
Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar?
Feel like this is a constant round about.. going absolutely no where.. FAAAARRRKK!!!

I swear half you na-sayers don't actually READ A DAMN THING! Show me where it says ANYWHERE that competitions will commence without a gate for country comps or bar facilities...

Defeatists
Glass half empty operators
Pessimists
You don't have much to do with the admin side of running a club do you? Do gate takings all go to the club? Or does it go to the league? I'm talking country footy. Say for instance they allow 100 people into the ground. That's basically less than the 10 teams playing at the ground so that leaves bugger all spots for supporters, let along family. Clubs pay for all footballs, umpires etc. It's not just a matter of selling a few snags and tinnies at the ground unfortunately.
by Bum Crack
Tue May 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

I have a bit of experience in administrating clubs.. so I have a bit of an idea.

Granted I don't know a lot about country footy, but I know enough to know there are multiple games as well as netball operating on a day - and I know people in better positions than me would be well aware of what requirements are needed for country leagues/clubs to go ahead, survive and what they rely on.

I think too many are looking at the now.. stop staring at your feet and look into the distance.. look to 7-8 weeks down the track, what does the situation look like.

Restrictions will continue to ease off over the next couple of months. If we continue to perform well on the CV side of things, we wont have the same level of restrictions in two weeks time, and two weeks after that.. by the time July rolls around it's hard not to see life as basically normal.

Measures in place today aren't the hard and fast rule forever.

Although, not sure why i'm entertaining chat about country footy when this thread relates to the AdFL. ;)
By the time July rolls around, the season is normally 3/4 of the way finished. Wouldn't you just write the year offand focus on a bigger and better year next year? Is it worth the financial strain for a half baked competition of 8 rounds that personally, most people couldn't give a shit about?
by Bum Crack
Tue May 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food, Glorious Food

I've been giving the lamb sticky rips an absolute hammering the past couple of months in my cooker. I cook them for 2 1/2 hours at 160 and by then, the fat has rendered out of the ribs and leaves a slight crackling and you just put them in your mouth and suck the meat off the bone. Absolutely delicious. Ribs combined with my potato bake and a nice red is just about the perfect match. 12 months ago, I could get them for $6.00 a kilo and they're $13.00 a kilo now which I'm still happy to pay as they are the best.
by Bum Crack
Wed May 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This pretty much sums it up.
This is the kind of shit that does my head in and continues to fuel hatrid across social media platforms.. are you one of those "Aussie Pride, **** China, share if you agree?" kind of operators as well?
It's ruining a lot of friendships in the community, I've certainly changed my opinion of quite a few people in recent times.

They'll be the first to be up in arms if someone was carrying the disease and passed it on to someone resulting in a loss of life to a family member.

Why can't we go to the pub, why can't we play football, I'm not downloading an app, f*** China, we're fine as we've got minimal cases....................I wonder why we're doing alright???

A few months of being a bit disadvantaged out of our lives is a small price to pay for the future, the SA Government is doing a great job and Marshall will be at the helm for a long time.
Now, now mate. No need to have a go at Bedge ;)
by Bum Crack
Thu May 14, 2020 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe this whole thing has gone way overboard but I've made that known from the start .
You have agreed.

The problem I have with crap like that all over FB is

a) Half of it is factually incorrect, or misleading
b) The idiots who share it generally take it as gospel and don't bother reading/fact checking at all
c) It continues to fuel and generate a hatrid towards China.

I follow 'Food Ranger' on Facebook - Canadian dude who travels around trying street food in different countries, mostly Asian.. he had a video from 2017 of street food I Wuhan and you should see the hate he's copping for it - a video made about food 3yrs ago in some random city, none the wiser of what would eventuate in 2020 and he's being ripped to shreds.
I don't take too much notice of stuff on Facebook TBH. What i have a problem with is all the crap on the commercial TV networks etc dedicating entire shows 7 days a week scaremongering because it fascinates people. It attracts viewers which attracts advertising dollars. Never mind the country on it's knees copping an absolute caning. I've abided by the rules, done the right thing but it's all the other bullshit that goes with it is what pisses me off.
by Bum Crack
Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This pretty much sums it up.
This is the kind of shit that does my head in and continues to fuel hatrid across social media platforms.. are you one of those "Aussie Pride, **** China, share if you agree?" kind of operators as well?
I'm not one of those operators and definitely not the aussie pride f**k china type but I believe this whole thing has gone way overboard but I've made that known from the start.
by Bum Crack
Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His moron supporters wouldn't even know whats wrong with that sentence
The English language is foreign to Americans.
Most of them don't study English because they have no intention of going to England.

Apache would be confused by this discussion, cause he would see nothing wrong with it
Everyone is entitled to their own views and opinions
by Bum Crack
Mon May 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I guess that depends on who you listen to

I can never decide between experts and social media.

Do you read your experts' opinions on social media?

As long as he agrees with it, he doesn't care where he reads it ;)
by Bum Crack
Mon May 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

If you believe China's numbers.* Obviously. I’m not talking about going there currently but in months/years whenever the authorities deem it safe then why not. There will come a point when travel does get opened up again

Of course. I'll be on the Murray or KI if you need me. ;) Funny how when it has something to do with Port, China’s numbers are reliable [emoji23]
Spot on.
by Bum Crack
Tue May 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sigh, streak broken. We have another case. Apparently someone who travelled from overseas via victoria.

Hopefully they have been quaranteening as they should have and not spread it around to anyone else

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
For such a deadly and contagious virus, one case in 18 days is a fantastic effort. Hopefully this doesn't shut the state down for another few weeks. What a crock of shit this all is.
by Bum Crack
Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UPDATE: The woman is not an Australian resident, and had been allowed into SA on compassionate grounds. Arriving from Victoria on the weekend, tested on arrival and taken to an undisclosed isolation facility

I thought the borders were still shut to international arrivals?
If they're coming from Victoria, why the **** didn't she get tested in Victoria before coming here?
by Bum Crack
Tue May 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez mate, surely you could see his comment was tongue in cheek, he even added a wink.

Free kick Geelong.

Read the entire part of this thread, and tell me his first post is tongue in cheek.

BC, Daisy, Jimmy and the silly old sausage Apache have differing views to many of us, it doesn't make anyone any more right or wrong.

I respect their views and BC is a smart arse like most of us on here, yeah we carry on like we're on the frontline sometimes and that was the point he was making, I thought it was out of character for you to get worked up over it mate.

I think it's healthy for all of us to have differing views, I've been a bit precious about the virus but eventually the show must go on as f*** knows how long before a vaccine is sourced.

Everyone is welcome to their view, however when their view is nothing more than a cheap pot shot "You forget Australia" that is a view relative to my post. IMHO - I am entitled to defend my post. You and everyone else is welcome to agree or disagree with my view.

My point in NOT about opinions, my point is about respect. Yep there are plenty of smart arses on here, myself included. But BC's only contribution to the this forum is his classic... "LOL" posts (which I believe make up over 50% of his total posts) or to simply denigrate someone else's contribution.

I'd like to think this forum is better than that, let's leave the low brow, knuckle dragging posts to the good folk at Big Footy !
Activewear Girl
by Bum Crack
Wed May 27, 2020 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone is welcome to their view, however when their view is nothing more than a cheap pot shot "You forget Australia" that is a view relative to my post. IMHO - I am entitled to defend my post. You and everyone else is welcome to agree or disagree with my view.

My point in NOT about opinions, my point is about respect. Yep there are plenty of smart arses on here, myself included. But BC's only contribution to the this forum is his classic... "LOL" posts (which I believe make up over 50% of his total posts) or to simply denigrate someone else's contribution.

I'd like to think this forum is better than that, let's leave the low brow, knuckle dragging posts to the good folk at Big Footy!

You're taking pot shots at him too though .

We're not all going to get along famously here, I try to just avoid those that I clash with so I'm not getting into slanging matches and to actually give them a bit of respect and feel that they can contribute whatever they wont too.

Anyway, each to their own, have a good day and I look forward to the footy banter re-commencing, albeit that it's going to be a weird season that will lack substance.

Yes I am..... now, in response to his. It's human nature.

Welcome to your opinion, as always.
Man you're a grumpy arse. I said you forgot to mention Australia. As in, let's focus on Australia instead of posting up top 5 countries bla bla bla. We live in SA and there is not an issue here at the moment in the grand scheme of things. There is not an issue in Australia in Australia at the moment the grand scheme of things. I do not retract my comments that this is a big load of shit that has gone way overboard and I know people disagree with me. Focus on our own back yard instead of posting stats on worst affected countries. It's almost like people focus on worst affected places just to justify their doom and gloom predictions months ago about Australia and now that it hasn't happened, they have to keep harping on the rest of the world because they may feel like a bit of a twit for being wrong maybe????
by Bum Crack
Wed May 27, 2020 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:The experts got the Australian model so wrong.

The Government never released their modelling for Australia.

He's talking about Booney and Corona Man :lol:
by Bum Crack
Wed May 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

woodublieve12 wrote:gyms opening monday!!!!

Yes I am pumped. I'm celebrating this weekend and back into it as of Tuesday morning.
by Bum Crack
Fri May 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

gyms opening monday!!!!
Yes I am pumped. I'm celebrating this weekend and back into it as of Tuesday morning.

literally all my hard work i did at the start of the year is wasted now... Start back monday and kill myself all over again
I've managed to keep most of my weight off that I lost after working my arse off for 2 months every day before all this crap started and now I'm going to get right back into it and try lose another 10 kilo and I'll be happy. That will be 35 kilo since 15 January and hope to get to that by end of September.
by Bum Crack
Fri May 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Cancel the year. No brainer.
by Bum Crack
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

I know it has been spoken about but..... Expect clearances to be blocked unless a league folds.

Clubs aren't allowed to deny clearances because they aren't playing.. This is from the FAQ:

What happens to our contracted players if we don’t play in 2020?
A Player under contract cannot be refused a transfer on the basis that they are under contract if their Club does not participate in the 2020 season and is consequently unable to provide an opportunity to play.

Correct... I didn't give full detail sorry haha.

I meant for clubs who are still playing. Bloke's can't leave just because they aren't getting their full payments.
That's going to be a bitter pill to swallow having to approve clearances to players that have already been paid a non-refundable sign on fee for this year ;)
by Bum Crack
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |