4 down at Stumps.
Amla and AB were playing for rain.
60 runs in a session!
Would think AB and Faf need to both bat to tea to save this one

they werent playing for rain

they just know how to be patient

big chance this will still be a draw

For those of you who would like an insight into the persona Of MT79
He is a natural talent as a cricketer , an opinion based on a several net sessions
Does have a slight problem reading and playing my Malsra , but plenty of ticks as a genuine talent
But for whatever reason , he does not play cricket , quite possibly a talent wasted

Personality wise , a well natured , polite person , and a family friend
In all the years I've known MT79, we have never argued or fueded an any matter
He is just a happy go lucky person, if we had a world of MT79s , there would be no wars , and it would be a very very happy world

For those reading this post I can only add he does not smoke dope , sniff cocaine , or inject himself with heroine
Having cleared that up, his prediction of a draw being a big chance is based on a lack of cricketing knowlege
by mal
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What will happen first...?

Bum Crack wrote:that reads like something a primary school kid would write :lol:

it was written so you geelong fans could understand it :lol:
by kickinit
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

2013 wasn't a fluke- but calm your farm on top 4. We have Fremantle, Hawthorn, West Coast and Geelong, who in my opinion are still 3-5 goal better sides than us. After what I have seen so far this season, we should be aiming for 5th-6th. Top 4 is still a season or 2 away I reckon.
We're a long way off beating Port at Adelaide Ocal. Far too many injuries to be saying we're a 5 goal better side than the Power at the moment. only a month off
by Mr Beefy
Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond - Still crap?

Found this amusing this morning.
10154430_270954639750533_8543239010597167735_n.jpg
by Sorry Dude
Thu May 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

I'm not taking anything away from loxton either slug but the umpires Were Shocking Yesterday and if something's not done about it ASAP it can very easily turn a great competition into an average one
The RFL is no longer a great competition. It has dropped off dramatically ove rthe last couple of years and would struggle against most other country leagues i would think.

Have to disagree with your last comment BC. The simple facts are all country leagues outside those on the city fringes are struggling. Towns are shrinking and services are dying. Add to that the fact many potential footballers are having to work Saturdays etc. I'd say most people in any country league would say their standard of competition had dropped in the last 15 years. Geez even the SANFL is dying. However to say the RFL would struggle against most other leagues is nonsense. Have a look at where your fringe A graders play in other competitions and most are still kicking around in A Grade competitions. All countty sport is struggling and the RFL is no different. The competition to really worry about is the Indies and those communities.. I am proud of the RFL and believe it is one of the best run country leagues going round. Our ovals and facilities are equal to any top country league and players from outside the region would agree. The disappointing problem is there are only 6 teams.
I should have stated they would struggle against most other comps with the same population etc. Not talking about the independent or mallee competitions but areas where there are the same amount of people in the community, I think they would definitely struggle against. Having great facilities and how well run the comp is has nothing to do with the standard of the competition. I definitely stand by my original comment.
Well you're a dickhead then.
by OnSong
Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and all its trimmings

Port playing much better but just hanging on. Has a feeling of when not if the floodgates will open for the swans
by RustyCage
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Bum Crack wrote:Got my first Eagle a couple of weeks ago at Berri on the Par 5 15th. Won 6 balls lol. Tight kents.

Now that's a nice cart drive down a Par 5.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brendan McCartney

Ron Burgundy wrote:Can't remember where I saw but I think this is another 'lost the players' case...

something on the nose about that bloke...
by woodublieve12
Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Ok im not reading any of the last 5 or 6 comments...
by HH3
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenn BIG show Maxwell

Doesn't mean his still not the the biggest penis in world cricket! With a face you'd just love to punch....
by carey
Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

have heard that Chris Bonney from the Roos injured his knee at training and will need another knee recon, also Jake Smith might be a non starter for the Roos this season, supposedly going to travel plus with Selfe trying his luck at Westies this year the Roos look a little bit light on in the experience department

I heard the Bonney one over the weekend too. I'm in no way a Barmera supporter but felt sick when I heard, 2 knees in 2 years just awful. Terrific lad, terrific footballer and Riverland Footy will be the worse for his absence from the field for another twelve months. Hope he's doing ok.
by WellPlayed#9
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?

You'd have to think Head Office would love the prospect of that

As far as I'm aware he has kept out of trouble since being released and I hear training hard. There is nothing wrong with giving a bloke with a history another shot at life. Indeed in my view it's admirable.

Around the courts it's a common view that people in organised sports are far less likely to run foul of the law. The sooner people realise that clubs like Salisbury North provide a valuable service to the community the better.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 chit chat

That f***wit from Hawthorn that did the shotgun celebration when his team is 7 goals down easily has him covered.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good news stories

I didn't know where this fitted in so I decided to dedicate a thread for people to post things in their lives that they'd like to share.

As some of you may be aware, my step-son was killed in a road accident in September, it would've been his 21st on Sunday and I spent the day hurting like hell.
I was awoken Monday morning around 5:30am to the news of my 19 year old nephew being involved in a serious car accident and was on life support in the RAH with the likelihood of making it through very slim.
He had severed the main artery in his abdomen and when they discovered this through opening him up and blood pissing out all over the ceiling and walls and he lost around 5 litres of blood as well as other damage.
Three lots of major surgery and having to leave him open they were finally able to close him yesterday afternoon and the surgeons were happy with what they'd done.
I just received news of him waking up and he's talking, I've spent most of the last couple of days with my brother at the hospital providing support and helping him through the rollercoaster of emotions and the feeling of uselessness we get at times like this.
I'm so grateful for the wonderful surgeons and nurses we have at the RAH and so overwhelmed that my nephew has pulled through.
Life is so precious and can be taken away from us so easily, hugs are for free and so is telling our loved ones how much we love them, always seize the opportunity.

Thank you and enjoy your day, I'm a bit of a mess but it's all from being overcome with joy now.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:Can blokes honestly tell us you picked St Kilda?

Yep, Carlton have been playing out of their skin, it couldn't last

And St Kilda have been flying along.

And lost 4 to injury last week in nearly 100 point loss.
by carey
Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 and its INELUCTABLE MAUNDERING.

Nice percentage booster, looks like our long painful rebuilding period might be over.
Just have to hope Collingwood and Carlton don't make the finals now.
by Wedgie
Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Last night's episode with Jake King was one of the best yet. Gave me a whole new view of him. Seems like a ripping lad with a heart of gold and a very loyal mate.

He spoke very well, Mike Sheahan kept trying to bait him but he took it all in his stride. And he put Sheahan back in his place more than once.
by Grenville
Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:FFS this bloke rates himself just a bit, what a flog

You're a clown, the bloke's all class.
by Spargo
Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympians with a football connection

Matthew Mitcham > Lindsey Thomas
by carey
Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

And if I had a higher handicap Corona it would be an advantage.....be buggered if I'm losing to a 32 handicapper

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
When it's match play handicap is just like your age... It's just a number. Play smart and you can beat blokes even 4or 5 shots better than you on your day...
by Corona Man
Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Marriage equality.

I really feel like a fag after anal sex.

Years ago I worked for a Sydney based company. Every so often I would have to get up to Sydney for functions, conferences etc. One of my Sydney based colleagues was openly a gay guy. He was also a smoker. I learnt however that he had quit smoking.... Soon after learning this - in a group meeting (20 or 30 people) there was a small break in proceedings, at which point I turned to the guy & said... "Hey Kurt, I hear you've given up the fags!"..... The room fell silent.... OMG - I wish I could pull those word back inside my head.....Foot in mouth! :oops:

No no, it's not what you think.... I'm talking about the ones you put in your mouth and suck on
by bennymacca
Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

ok then...I take it back lol
by MW
Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Wish I had more hands so I could give this news four thumbs down
by RustyCage
Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

Just had a look at the draw
Given the issues of poor form around some teams, there are only now 2 questionable ames.
Both away games
Crows and GWS
Outside of that we should win the othee matches

Well thats a shift in attitude mate, normally it would be we'll be lucky to win 2 more matches for the year ;)
by daysofourlives
Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

Responded well after the dogs challenge. Should win from here cats. Impressive as they looked gone
by MW
Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Friday night 25th August at Thebby - Hoodoo's, You am I, Jebediah
Saturday night 26th August at AEC - Grinspoon

What a weekend!
by Dutchy
Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

Havent seen last night so cant comment

Last week the umpiring was confusing both ways...

And then the Dixon debacle, i recall a similar incident involving Hawkins. AS you are Geelong supporter I bet you do.
If that decision had been on Hawkins at that stage of the game the crowd would have torn the stands down and lynched the prick of an umpire who clearly has no feel for the game

Horse shit . "Feel for the game" is the biggest cop out. This rule is quite clear. You are even given a f..king shot clock.
No horse shit about it. Don't give me the crap about rules are rules Every rule is broken in this game very time it is played and they keep changing them No wonder the game never takes any where else

Rules like that are not subjective. Time is time. It's not even in his head, but in big white numerals on the scoreboard!
Stop looking for excuses.
by MW
Fri May 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

FFS any interest in tonights game the sake of moving on?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by stan
Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Must admit that I have been quite impressed with the Crows supporters this week. It's been very low key and no outlandish statements. Same can be said about Cats supporters too. Definitely that mutual respect for each other and I'm hoping this is going to be a cracker of a game which I'm sure it will be.

Most understand Geelong at Geelong is a serious task and one we've not been able to conquer for a long time.
by MW
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Wedgie wrote:Can't believe people paid any money to go see that, was freaking awful.

Sound like The Ice waxed those chumps like candles. They would've been better off skipping it and continuing to A1A Beachfront Avenue.
by Magellan
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For **** sake Wedgie. Is there any opinion you have on any subject that isn't directly transplanted from the 80s and supported by your personal anecdotes?

"But I loved being billeted out to families!"

Poor mental health can often be exacerbated or induced by social or familial isolation and/or brought on by stress. One persons situation and how they react to being drafted might be completely different to another. It's not a ******* pissing contest.
by morell
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For **** sake Wedgie. Is there any opinion you have on any subject that isn't directly transplanted from the 80s and supported by your personal anecdotes?

"But I loved being billeted out to families!"

Poor mental health can often be exacerbated or induced by social or familial isolation and/or brought on by stress. One persons situation and how they react to being drafted might be completely different to another. It's not a ******* pissing contest.

It can also be induced by a million other things not faced by AFL footballers. It can actually be induced by anything! Of course, you can be born with a chemical imbalance, you can have it induced by a traumatic event. The one thing I am sure of is discounting or dismissing any cause, whether you think its pertinent or not, is not helpful.

Remember, you said this:

Oh please. Poor kids.
Mental illness is a completely different subject to kids that walk into 60k plus jobs doing something they love.

Which is completely dismissing what people might be suffering with because you personally enjoyed some of their circumstances.

Poor form and I called you out on it. No need to get all sniffly.

You're the only one getting personal and talking about pissing contests. You should learn to let others share opinions on this forum (which is one of the reasons I created it) in a mature manner. No, I am not. I am calling you out for your outdated and ill informed opinions.
by morell
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:I just know they would be a lot happier than people at the same age who are incarcerated, homeless, dependent on drugs or fighting in wars in general.

No, you don't.
by Booney
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

I am on sick leave! and this stuff is - without purposefully wanting to sound arrogant - kind of simple, I can do it pretty quickly in break time. I wouldnt be any good at my job if I couldn't.
by morell
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Isn't that sort of what i said?

No not really.
by stan
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bock - expansion
Dangerfield - pussy
Davis - expansion
Griffen - happy to let go given we had Jacobs and maric
Grigg - delisted
Gunston - mummy's boy
Henderson - delisted
Jaensch - white line fever
Kerridge - meh
Lyons - good at gold coast but we have plenty of his type
Maric - left for greater opportunities. Meh
McKernan - delisted
Tippet - left on ridiculous coin
Vince - squeezed out due to our penalties with Tippett. Got matt crouch for him effectively so happy with that.
Wright - delisted

Pissweak. He gave your club eight years of solid service.

regards,

REB
Yeah agreed REB

Poor call Benny.

Reckon he was referring to the power of said pussy... Not the fact he is one...
by reppoh_eht
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

Crows by plenty on friday night. The $1.50 is a gift. They will smash the cats
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13

Hi lads ,

Enjoy reading the thoughts and opinions of those that post on here and felt maybe I should have a say as a member of the Westies Cheer Squad . We were approached by the ground security supervisor and advised that they had received a complaint from an 'Adelaide Crows Official' about us banging on the fence excessively . We took what he said on face value as we had no reason to believe that he would lie to us about this . We refused to tone it down or stop as it is something we do every home game as part of our chants and occasionally to distract opposition having a shot for goal (no different to booing imo). The security supervisor then left and we had no further interaction with them about it for the remainder of the game . Needless to say we were a lot louder with our fence banging and chanting after the interaction with security and were encouraged to do so by our footy club. The only other thing we were told on the day was by West that a crows official had said they would be making an official complaint to the league. I won't speculate on that part further because I wasn't involved with that conversation as we were still cheering the bloods on as we do, so it could've been a private security contractor hired by the crows but your guess on that is as good as mine .

It was fantastic to have the backing of our Westies family, we may be a small squad but have plenty passion for our Bloods . Hope this helps answer some questions from a cheer squad perspective .

Looking forward to heading to Noarlunga this week with our tails up ! Go Bloods !
by westiesforever
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Great game at Kardinia Park, only downside is Eddies barracking for Richmond.
by Wedgie
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:John Platten is on Open Mike tonight, definitely worth a look I reckon!

Comfortably sits top 3 South Aussies in the last 30 years and probably number 1.
by daysofourlives
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RUOK? Day

Suicide prevention is 'politically correct' now? Okaaaay...
by Q.
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Proves my point tonight that this Taylor forward project is ridiculous. He is a back man pure and simple!
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

Think the crows would be comfortable no matter what.
by stan
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jeez we have some f..ked up supporters :lol:
by MW
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha shit they are cringey.

But how many people in these "cheer squads" are playing with a full deck?

From what I've seen of the crows and of visiting teams, my guess is not a whole lot.

Yeah there seems to be a few with let's say, some challenges. I've met a couple through a mate, and to be honest being involved in the Cheersquad seems to have given them much greater purpose in their life through the utmost devotion toward their club. Yep, embarrassing at times, but good luck to them, they're not hurting anyone.
by JK
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets

On that subject (& good luck with that duncs)
How many of the Crowies on this site are going? & if not, why not?
Not saying you have to but just interested as to the supporters reasons for their decisions.

Went over in 98, decided on the Friday morning, left after work, not a Crows supporter but my mate is so I went along for the experience.
Had no ticket, no accommodation, almost no car (stole the missus).
Left Friday night, stayed at Bordertown, mate remembered a uni classmate who lived there & took the punt even though he hadn't seen him in 15 years, lucked in there. The guy dropped us in Flinders st, on the way in some girl offered us a ticket for a hunge, took that & got another from a scalper near the queue where they line up for the missing MCC members, thought that was where the scalpers would hang. He wanted $600 for 2 but we reasoned with him that when the gates on that queue opened he could be left with no takers so he sold us the one for $300.
Found out later that Bill Sanderson was handing out tickets at the parade.

Just saying, it's worth the punt to head over, even if you luck out the atmosphere around Melbourne is electric & you can watch it at the cas, Federation square or a number of big screen pubs.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Thanks for the mammaries Hef!
by Jim05
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

LMA wrote:Bit like the Crows celebrating their GF at Adelaide Oval instead of West Lakes

Or like Crows fans celebrating their Premiership after the Prelim Final.
by Corona Man
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |