Re: Carlton 2014

nuggety goodness wrote:in all honesty they could be 0-8 at the break

[-o< [-o< [-o<
by Spargo
Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Had the pleasure of watching Orroroo host BMW on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of footy on show on what might be the biggest ground I've ever seen. That oval is massive.

BMW too strong in the midfield and as the game opened up they ran harder and used the ball better than Orroroo.
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on a football field

Now some may think this disgusting but this is a dead set story that happened to me whilst playing at Peake about 3 years ago.

I'd had a huge night the night before and wasn't travelling so well so stopped and got some KFC in the morning I got some hot and spicy, KFC had just opened so it was around 10am anyway got to the game drank as much water as I could anyway game starts end of the first term copped a huge tackle and sure enough completely soiled myself :oops: went in the change rooms showered put my clean Jocks on and carried on the game only to have the exact same thing happen to me at the start of the 3rd term straight in the change rooms again another wash and finished the game free balling wasn't a great day for me......

Our runner thought it was the funniest thing his ever seen

Slightly off topic....but in a similar thread.

Playing cricket with some very,very hung over blokes against Broadview at Hampsted High IIRC, one of our blokes at slip is grizzling that he needs to take a dump and drinks is several overs away. Things started to get a bit "giggly" with fielders, batsmen and umpires all aware of the situation.

"Uh oh" the bloke cries, he's shat himself. Everyone on the field bursts into laughter as he limps off the field....but, one of the blokes who had been on the sauce with him the night before literally laughs so hard he too shits himself!

The "Brown Diamond" club was born. :lol:
by Booney
Thu May 29, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 IPL Season

Mumbai Indians chase down 190 in 14.4 overs to qualify for the semi-finals:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/cricket/mumbai-indians-chase-down-190-in-144-overs-to-reach-ipl-finals-amid-scenes-of-jubilation/story-fnii0bxe-1226930985285

Didn't see the game, but saw a similar chase in the T20 World Cup by Netherlands. And it's pretty much why T20 has a future, would be pretty hard to match the excitement of that

Everday of the Ashes and South Africa test series.
by whufc
Wed May 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Roos starting to recruit like Richmond
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Selfish Goodes. Nothing more for him to achieve. His list of achievements is massive. Didn't put the club first. Bloods culture.

regards,

REB

Did you expect anything else from Goodes, the modern day Buckley

Another idiotic comment.

Settle down mate, no need to go apeshit
by wristwatcher
Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Dunno, we saw how they came back to the pack with a few injuries mid year.

2 key defenders went down, our 2 backup ruck man had knee reckons and we lost 2 guys (mainly mids) a week for 3 weeks straight with rolled ankles. Think you'll find any side that had these injuries would come back to the pack.
Hawthorn didn't.

Correct, but they had the stability of the 200+ gamers in Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Lake etc etc to help the younger lads through. Our very young list is building towards that level of experience / cool heads and our leaders will be very much like those mentioned above in due course. Boak, Ebert, Trengove etc will be those guys in 2-3 years.
by Booney
Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They left finch out for him too

Finch was playing against the Kiwis

Finch only played for The CA XI because Victoria didn't select him.....same with Cameron White.
by heater31
Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

locky801 wrote:Although I am old and losing my memory, my recollection is that the Redbacks always do pretty well up to Xmas time, then it's all backwards from there, hopefully a huge change in 2016

Not entirely fair.

Very often they do shit before Christmas too
by jo172
Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Yes, heart felt sorrow for Robbie Hopkins for his tragic loss.
To repeat Madrooster, thoughts to all at the WYC Cricket Club.
Saturdays result will run a distant second to anything else.
by Moe
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CK - heard about Noah yesterday - incredibly sad!! I like many at Morphy's have sent messages of support to Robbie and I'm sure it will feature prominently on the day. Thoughts to all at WYC from all at MPCC.
by Madrooster
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Winners :
Div 1 - Keswick 7/190 def Plympton 165
Div 2 - ICC Sharks 8/133 def Belair 9/122
Div 3 - Hamilton 213 def North Haven II 123
Div 4 - ICC Sharks II 5/109 def Warradale II 108
DIv 5 - WYC III 3/228 def Keswick III 9/219
Div 6 - Plympton III 4/236 def ICC Sharks III 147
Div 7 - Plympton IV 271 def Warradale IV 181

So two flags to ICC, two to Plympton, Hamilton and WYC win one each while Keswick win their third Section 1 premiership, the first since 95/96.
by Booney
Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad day for WYCCC last week with Dave Thulborn, 4 time premiership player at the club passing away after a short illness.

Was an excellent captain, ripping fellow and a class batsman, even with no gloves or thigh pad. Tough as nails too. Played a major role in shaping a generation of the club that saw several players from under him captain teams and captain premierships. Many of these players then had an impact on the next generation of the club.

R.I.P Dave.
by Booney
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |