Yank Man wrote:Probably Natter recruiting at the game last Saturday. :D

Mitchell Park Crabby Lions relocating to KI? :P

Nah, just crabs, he didn't see anyone from MP worth taking lol. :D
by Yank Man
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Ok PG you've had your fun. This is what I see based on the season thus far.

BOS v West Croydon... should be a cracker of a game and arguably the best two teams in the comp. yes BOS have had a 'soft run in' but have 4 or 5 to come back in the team who have been injury managed over the last few weeks. They will have a full list to pick from and will be 100% fit and ready to go. They were their arrogant best in round 18 against MP and toyed with them, dangerous form but when they had to put their heads down they did. They have supreme quality all over the ground with the Hillmans, Demasi's, Brincat, Horsell, etc etc. I expect them to be tardy at the start and West Croydon will take advantage and get at them early, they have some real hard workers and lots of belief. If it comes down to the last quarter then there is no substitute for class and freshness and BOS will be in Div 5 come 5pm. BOS 21 to 30.

Ingle Farm v Rosewater.... A really interesting contest. The Farmers have had a stellar season and were the pacesetters for a long part of the year. My query is did they peak too early. Sounds a bit odd but Barker is a big key for them, he speaks well and leads them on the ground with strong discipline. The battle of the giants in Stevy G and Schar could actually determine the outcome for the Farmers. It's been well documented what Rosewater have 'supposedly' spent on being the best, but reality tells me they have been hurt by last years flop and tried to recruit accordingly. The fact remains they have lost Cross, Giuffreda, Reardon, Pawson, Madigan and Johnson-Shroeder from their early season domination and that brings them right back to the pack and very level with Ingle Farm. Rosewater have learnt from last year and will win even though Ingle Farm have the home advantage. Rosewater 21 to 50.

Good luck to all, you are clearly the best 4 teams in the comp and deserve to still be alive.
by Yank Man
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Settle down girls, your all going to be alright!

I think Mypo have stuffed up last week and will receive another pasting this week. Even the quality ins for them wont have enough affect as the Bears are the form team of the comp. Bears by 47pts

I also think Imps may get up over Mannum as they don't get paid double time on Sundays so their imports will only put in a half baked effort. Imps by 17pts

In the Ressies, I think we can get the job done but Meningie have a pretty decent side so don't want to under estimate them. As for the sunday game, who cares? Its a clear 3 horse race but I think the Bluds will get over the line

Hope your right Biff and our boys can back up last wks effort with another win. Bears by 20 points

Also think last wks result will be much the same for Mannum and I think they will get the job done. Mannum 19 points

In the Ressies, I think tomorrow's game will be a ripper and would love to see our boys hold the pressure on like they did a month ago and get the job done, but with Muffy and Girardi back in I think that may be just enough to get ramblers over the line. Ramblers by 11 points

And for Mypo v Jervois. I think with Jervois As out, they may have snuck a couple down after some discussions regarding there top 21. And this will be enough for them. Jervois by 15 points

Meningie give midfield supply to buckets Jed Durdin and the Bhudda and they will be really hard to stop. Good luck boys still love ya both. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With mad Monday looming for the Farmers and PG swilling on the lager it would be an honour to do the the Div 6 Prelim review my friend . You've been a warrior no doubt, called the tough shots, and at times been an absolute ares........ole, banned by the bird more than once, but stuck to your beliefs, right or wrong, but represented your club with 'dignity' lol. If I have your permission I will proceed. :D :D
by Yank Man
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosewater won the A's and Lockleys the B's.

Just looked at their team and Rossies are 2 players off their best. With A's and B's in the big dance the train from earlier in the season is gunna be super hard to stop. Start worrying Hounds. :D

Lol. Alot more grand final experience in the hounds team to worry about rosewater.

Love you boys Hounds. Put us all out of our misery and win this big game and prove that club love beats $$$$$$ every time. The ball is in your court and we are relying on you. :D :D
by Yank Man
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

So here's a serious question. During the finals home clubs buy their finals. Why can't clubs who are NOT participating in finals submit a request to host a final. I'm talking clubs without enclosure like Mitchell Park, arguably the best deck in the league, and pay let's say $1000k which is the norm to let clubs enjoy their day. Or is it really about the league collecting the big ones because clubs have worked hard to get there and it's now paytime. Sorry but I thought we were amateurs.

The country clubs get it right, they allocate grounds for finals and the clubs share in the $$$$. No wonder they continually steal players for big bucks.
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prices and times of grand finals

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
FOOTY TALK wrote:SAAFL ARE A JOKE. START MAKING FOOTY THE PRIORITY

Is everyone this angry from the GSFL?

Yep. :D
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

heater31 wrote:People do realise that club members can vote to change the constitution.....

Seems an outdated clause in today's world in the operations of a sporting club.

Most clubs don't even know where their constitution is and how outdated it is. Frankly they hide behind it to suit their needs. :D
by Yank Man
Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BOS have absolutely smashed rosewater all day. Games been over since 2nd quarter. Score atm 19-7 to 7-12

Must be tough task masters at your club mighty hounds, I thought No 14 Richardson was outstanding and couldn't get in the best players. :D

Dj was the best but who cares. When you win by 14 goals or so there are no best players!
BOS premiers, big ground, small ground whatever like I said l, great club, great players, great people !

Yes clearly the best TEAM won, they work so hard for each other, well done.

I might add a well done also the Mitcham footy club and all their hard workers for making sure the day was professionally handled for all the spectators. =D> =D>
by Yank Man
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

jo172: does macca coach the u/18s as well as the A grade at PNU?

Yep. It's been an amazing blessing for the players as individuals and as a team to have a football person the quality of Garry coaching under 18s and a ridiculous boost to the club as a whole as it's made the transition from under 18s to seniors as seamless as possible. Our under 18 retention rates since he started coaching are near perfect (and have contributed greatly to our recent senior success)

36 wins from 39 games for Macca this year. Here's hoping the ratio stays that pretty come 4 pm Saturday!

awesome..i saw the pics on sunday and thought he looked he was the coach..that is a fantastic set up for retention and also attraction..

I reckon what Macca has done at PNU over the years would probably be one of the all time greatest feats in SAAFL history the way he has developed and led the club. Champion bloke and obviously extremely dedicated. Have had the pleasure of meeting him and coaching against him. Good wishes for Saturday guys. :)
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Great weekend of footy if you are a Valley supporter :D 3 teams in the GF is our best effort for 10-15 years I reckon. Solid wins for all teams too.

HVFC also officially on the hunt for a new club coach. Dent has advised club he is moving on - rumoured links to Willunga, Myponga, Colonel Light Gardens, Mclaren Vale. Best of luck to him.

Couple of other things worth bringing up. Emus went into PF weekend with 5 teams but only 1 into GF. Some punches thrown in 18s game yesterday and noticed some Brighton committee members not too happy - care to comment DTH?

Hopeful Jonny can make it 3 in a row tonight.

Matt Dent has been appointed coach at Colonel Light Gardens in Div 5 SAAFL :shock: Well done to all the medal winners and special good luck to a couple of great mates in Trevor Mitton and Simon Dean. Go you Shoes. :D
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

So you would now expect that the board that clearly endorsed him a year ago and renewed his contract for a further 2 years must now step down as well because there credibility is now shot to pieces.

Not saying he was a good coach or poor coach because I have never met him or been involved in the inner sanctum but this smacks of a new CEO trying to make a strong statement, out with the old and in with the new, and one must wonder what part Roo had in this.
by Yank Man
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Pretty plain and simple. Is Brenton Sanderson the best Coach available in AFL ranks currently?

If he ain't who the heck is?

Well cough up the coin and get the right bloke if it **** up ill die on my own sword. A club of these resources shouldn't put up with mediocrity and won't any longer. . Do you want to be another Richmond or Carlton?

These are true questions Fagan would have asked the board as a true proffesional. Everyone will be on notice this bloke don't **** around.

At least Richmond have stuck by Hardwick, as poor as they have been. Amazing to see their revolution in the 2nd half of this season and it's all been driven by the playing group. What does that tell you.
by Yank Man
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

As much as I love you morell enough is enough. I have many friends at CLG and zed is one of them. If we could boast half of his success in recent years we would be knocking on the door of Div 4. Now shut the f...k up and get back on topic.
by Yank Man
Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im sure someone from ingle farm will post sooner or later ................news as juicy as this its like watching a short film action packed :D full of drama

And nobody's business but those involved. Nobody from the IFFC will be posting anything.

X Runna you and PG have stayed out of it and that shows to me the level of professionalism your club has grown too. Keep it that way champ and let the keyboard warriors kept guessing. It would be factual that only those close to the issue know the facts. ;)
by Yank Man
Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

My thoughts are irrelevant and I've got bigger fish to fry. ;)

Coaching is football department jurisdiction, I wont pretend to be anywhere near well informed enough to provide an appropriate opinion.

As long as we field two teams next year Superted and Spotty could be coach I would be happy. If it’s Scooter, that’s great, if it’s not I would feel for Scott as he’s been given the proverbial sandwich but so be it.

We simply must field two teams. Nothing else matters.

Sorry if comes across as a MP thread but 'the bigger fish to fry' comment from morell relates to the future of our club. We have spoken about his vision and FWIW morell you have my 100 percent support in what you want to achieve. In fact if you can make it work it will have more of an impact on ensuring our club has longevity than any coaching appointment. Can't wait to catch up. ;)
by Yank Man
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

The New Zealand batsmen have P.H on there playing shirts. Nice touch by the Kiwis.

I reckon the whole world is in a different place right now carey, just not cricket. I think they play the test and players are professional now and would no doubt like to show their respect on the field. Maybe not all but certainly the majority.

It's a weird thing for me but I lost my Mum last year and the family needed strength and I was able to show little emotion and move on quickly, but when I heard the news of Phillip Hughes yesterday I cried like a baby and frankly still trying to come to grips with it. Guess what I'm trying to say is that every one is different and we all deal with it in our own way. Frankly I can't imagine what Sean is going through. Wish I could just hug him and say hey, that's just sport bud.
by Yank Man
Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Q. wrote:Call them and ask.

Sorry Q just venting. Can't comprehend how a new entity can just stroll in to Div 6 when a hard working and paying club like yours can't.
by Yank Man
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can move on now. After all Alex made his own destiny and it more than likely had zip to do with where he came from and where it has started for him in the AFL.

As for Schapel??? He left Kilburn because they fell apart and I'm sure he spent ML's money wisely. Now he's gone back to the club he obviously has an affinity with. Fact remains he was a really good player in Div 6 and showed his discipline as well as class. ;)
by Yank Man
Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noticed a post about the rebel Edwardstown juniors getting kicked off their oval. Any truth to this? Any chance of a reunion?

Not kicked off EV. The EFC juniors are returning to the Towns ground in 2015 and will continue in Metro South for one more season. I understand that the long term plan for 2016 is that they will then become one club and finally fulfill the SFL agreement to field all juniors in the league. Hopefully it all comes to fruit so the club can get back to realising its decision to be a strong club in the SFL.

Thanks for the clarifier Yank.

It would appear in 2016 when they are one club again all that bad blood will have been for naught. I wonder how many life long friendships will have been lost as a result? How many kids left for greener pastures? How much time, effort and $$ will have been put into a breakaway club only to return a few years laters. It's all a bit puzzling from an outsiders perspective

Puzzling for those inside as well EV. I started the juniors in 1995 with Andrew Millington who went to West Adelide in 2000. 5 years of hard work to give the club a future. Unfortunately there still seems to be some egos that don't have much regard for SFL but the goal is to work together for the common thread. They will remain EFCJSC for 2015 because of ongoing sponsorship arrangements and have the full season to put it back together. Yes I'm sure a few good people and players have been affected and probably moved on. But what is done is done and can't be changed but at least they're back together and have a base to work with.
by Yank Man
Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

I don't think I have ever seen anything in my 60 odd years in life to compare with what I've seen in the last few weeks. Sport is alive and well and United in one, regardless of our code.

I must admit to being a Clarke knocker, shame on me, I promise to never question him again. I'd be proud to have him as my son.

Phillip Hughes you have had a major impact on sport and the people that participate in it. God bless you.
by Yank Man
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:holland to brahma lodge! it can't be true... :shock:

They must have offered the most West End cans. :D
by Yank Man
Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes no doubt Wayno called all the shots. HE alone kept IF down and the club kept out of it. What bull dust. MP were in a similar situation in 2010. Given a chance to stay up and the President and the committee came to me and said what do you think. I said frankly, we weren't any where near ready at that point and needed to regroup a lot more to ensure our club was strong. It took 2 years and we struck it lucky in 2012. People of quality like Wayno, Q and pardon the self indulgence, me, make educated assessments on the best thing for our clubs. History shows we get it right most times and our clubs are the only benefactors. ;)
by Yank Man
Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Failed Creation wrote:
Q. wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Not sure how much footy Tucky will be playing in 2015
Pretty much cut his thumb off last week with a circular saw

Had left Goodwood anyway.

To go where?

Hospital
by Yank Man
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: As in a higher division, not a lower one you bunch of comedians :lol:

Yes wristy, everyone gets it, not too many comedians on here, :D

Not much love for BL on here aye. What I don't get is how can a club can go through so many divisions in such a short space of time because of one poor year when other clubs accept the bashings and take their medicine then rebuild in the Div they are placed in. Please explain. :shock:
by Yank Man
Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edwardstown would not need to give any notice to leave MSJFL because they are already a member club of the SFL. They just have to nominate the relevant teams in February. Just get it done!

Just to be transparent, I'm no longer involved in any capacity at EFC and have no knowledge of the clubs or EJSC intentions with regards EFC and juniors in SFL.

LGIL, I hope you are right, it's simple to nominate the teams, but then you need players to fill them. The junior players in question are currently registered with MSJFL as EJSC players not EFC players, so I've done some research. According to MSJFL website and constitution, clubs wishing to resign their membership must notify the MSJFL secretary in writing not later than six months prior to the AGM each year. Their AGM is held last Wednesday in November each year. On that basis, notification in writing to resign EJSC membership would need to have been provided to MSJFL in May 2014 for automatic clearance of players to the EFC club in SFL league, I assume the notification did not occur, meaning if protocol is to be followed, EJSC and it's players remain in MSJFL for 2015 at least. Alternatively, according to MSJFL constitution, EJSC could simply default on the notification period but EJSC would then be liable to MSJFL for the full season subscriptions for 2015. This would not be so bad if fees same as SFL junior sides but from what I've seen of MSJFL fee structure in the past and the number of teams EJSC fielded last season it could be $5k to $6k hit. Not sure there are too many clubs that could poor that sort of money down the drain.

Or the Ejsfc could just dissolve at the end of 2015 and no further be an identity.

Still leaves EFC without juniors in SFL for 2015,. Like I said, SFL fans shouldn't
be counting their chickens yet. Would be interested to hear EFC response to a few questions from SFL on where they now see their future for both senior and junior sides

Yes but at least they are closer to their goal than they were in 2014. I would say that the conversations I have had very recently with some close friends at EFC is that 2016 could have the WHOLE club in a good place. No one is counting chickens but the reality is this re-union could see the club become the powerhouse they were and believe me its in a lot better hands now than it was.
by Yank Man
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought it was unlike you to not have something to say ;) :-P But I can say something here! All the more for the loyal safooty readers. 8)

Shane has been really good for us thus far. His trainings have been fun and on occasion just the right amount of difficult. He has said all the right things and has the players on board. He has managed to recruit a couple of likely types - we obviously want and need more but he is working very diligently on that.

No complaints at all from this black duck and we are glad he is getting another crack at it after being treated unfairly in the media last year.

No comment was my decision FC. Why go over old ground and drag Mitchell Park in to it when the article is of little interest. If the said writer was actually looking for a feel good story no probs, but he seems to be a very negative writer who's glass is always half empty.
The good news is that the community has rallied behind Shane and likewise all the new players who have come to the club. I am in the middle of registering 56 players who have all signed with another 10 to go in the next 2 weeks. So we will clearly be playing in Div 7 with 2 teams. I want to say thanks to everyone who has worked tirelessly on getting it together and in particular the staff at the League who have been amazing.
Now that's my comment. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

none of the new clubs youve mentioned with new dgrade sides are yet to face an agrade unit in div 7, theyre are all division 8 teams having glorious wonderful times on equal playing fields, their men havent been infected with the AGrade vs CGrade virus

It felt like A grade v C Gradewhen we played GG ands PAOC :(

We've had quite a few players over the years from our B/C grade go to Houghton and play A grade in Div 7. Just because they are playing A grade, doesn't necessarily make them A graders. That is where your argument is flawed IMO

I'm a bit surprised PAC didn't nominate for Div 7 with the depth of their D and E Grades considered. Particularly when from all reports they're fielding a 6th side this year.

It's obviously their prerogative, but I would have thought they could have dealt with the standard quite successfully

Which begs the question. If we have a comp that goes to Div 8 and Div 8 reserves then why isn't the promotion and relegation system going to Div 8 as well. You play in a grand final in Div 8 and the next year you nominate 2 teams then you should automatically be promoted. After all there are plenty of C grade teams in Div 7, some of which I'm sure would love the choice to go back.
I reckon it's a better way to make the lower Divisions more equal.
by Yank Man
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahaha, probably not, but he is sure gunna scare the Sh...t out of Tea Tree Gully again. What a club great, he's the only player I've side stepped at training. :D :D
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moving on. Love you marbles but won't miss you. Off to the C1 thread now and bore them shitless. :D
by Yank Man
Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strange set up I think. Not sure how other teams sit but angle vale have a bye in round 4 and 7

Mitchell Park get a block of 9 games from rounds 7 to 15 and get a bye, but have to play the premiership favourites Houghton Districts 3 times with 2 of them bus trips. Q you must have more influence than I thought, or you know our boys will come in to your club and have a few frothies. :D

I'm gob smacked, what a farcical situation. Looks like the purveyors of C grade super league have destroyed another Division to polish their own boots. Just my view. It's only the last few seasons stand out A grade clubs have been dominant and let's face it, without being detrimental to some hard working clubs I reckon a good C grade team would be right in this comp up to their ears. Hats off to the people at Adelaide Uni, put the nads on the line, unlike others. ;)
by Yank Man
Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing on the grapevine that if the clubs vote to even the divisions up on Monday Night by promoting clubs up to fill the gaps in division 3 and division 6 then the first two out of Division 7 to go to Division 6 with be Mitchell Park and Houghton.

At least both will have the opportunity to play in competitions with "integrity"

Angle Vale finished higher than Mitchell Park so they would be the first team up. :D
by Yank Man
Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wingfield have a few more days to show they have the numbers.

Yes just heard that Q. Hope it works for them. I guess the league will have a firmer idea of North Pines and Salisbury West after their trial tonight. It's not ideal as we know but at least it's getting closer to resolution. The difficulty is that SW NP and Wingfield can only muster 1 team, my personal view would be to play them all A's in a 9 team comp but it would become another minefield for the ressies. Few more sleeps and we will know. It's a bit like waiting for Santa to come, lack of sleep, excitement and you know you're getting something but you don't know what.
:D :D
by Yank Man
Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or, can North Pines actually get two teams up? If they can, do you put Salisbury West side in the vacant D6 bye leaving D7 with 8 teams, some of whom play each other three times in a bye-less (June long weekend withstanding) fixture.
I'm hearing sals west are also not far off getting two teams

If they do then it's back to Div 3. Otherwise it sets a very dangerous precedent. ;)
by Yank Man
Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Mitchell Park FC would like to thank Ross and all the club faithful at OSB/Lonsdale for a terrific trial game yesterday that was played in great spirit and a chance to blow out the cobwebs and proceed with both of our season's ahead. The way you guys went about it was great and hopefully the refreshments you cordially supplied after both games was recouped when we all came in to your club rooms afterwards. Good luck in 2015 and May another 'Lions' team climb the ladder. Cheers
by Yank Man
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="norm11"]Wingfield want in to div 7, they have been given until Thursday to get 50 registered players.[/quote

Just wrote 100 lines and deleted them. FFS you have players by Feb 15 or you don't. If we wait long enough, like September we could have a 10 team comp. I feel for Wingies but what? we hold the whole comp up to see if they can get up. They were voted out by the league executive. I'm really lost in this whole thing. What MP had to abide by, we made sure we complied. If we knew we had this much time we would have recruited a Div 2 team and taken the vacant spot in Div 6. So what happened with North Pines more importantly. A genuine Div 7 club.
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wingfield want in to div 7, they have been given until Thursday to get 50 registered players.[/quote

Just wrote 100 lines and deleted them. FFS you have players by Feb 15 or you don't. If we wait long enough, like September we could have a 10 team comp. I feel for Wingies but what? we hold the whole comp up to see if they can get up. They were voted out by the league executive. I'm really lost in this whole thing. What MP had to abide by, we made sure we complied. If we knew we had this much time we would have recruited a Div 2 team and taken the vacant spot in Div 6. So what happened with North Pines more importantly. A genuine Div 7 club.
From what I understand they are staying in the reserves.

Getting really frustrated norm, would love to have a programme to work with. Sponsors, Members and club people are all asking about what's going on.
Just saying.
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whatever happens with Wingfield, it's gunna end up in tears.
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Oops, I meant changeroom showers.

Yes, they are wardrobe like, but you Lions fellas like a cosy shower ;)

Whew, that's good cos you know the young fellas today, they're scared to get into the showers. They all go home to wash. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Just trying to fly under the radar :P

All you have to do is post that comment on Facebook and it will be all over social media in seconds. ;)
by Yank Man
Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:How did the Mawson Lakes vs Mitchell Park game go?

It's going to be a long year Q. Lakes by plenty. :(
by Yank Man
Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tootsie wrote:Certainly wasn't expecting them to win when i got myself out of bed that's for sure.

Excited to see how the season pans out for Houghton.

Houghton

Then daylight :D
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, here we are close to round 1.

The obvious participants on our Div 7 thread seem to be

Q ....... The best deflector
adr107 ......obviously been instructed to deflect as well both from Howton
morell... Another season of myths coming for sure
Yank Man....clearly insane
fisho mcspaz...with the odd touch of brilliance. The Lions
And
norm11... The Owl from Angle Vale

Yep it's gunna be a long year. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:And marbles....when he gets back from his ban :D

I have it on good advice from Footy Chick that if he visits the Div 7 thread again he has to buy us all a slab. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are either a football statician or seriously bored at work BZB27.

So, let's go down this path. Who are the best players in the in and cleared lists.
I'll go first, Adam Varcoe Angle Vale,,,,,,next.
by Yank Man
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sure, but that's circular logic. All this about registration requirements and dispensations and what not is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Facts are. There is room for three teams in D7. THREE. We have one ready to go. And were saying no, because of rules, those rules which were originally designed to maintain the integrity of the competition. Those rules are now stopping the improvement to the integrity of the competition

Makes. No. Sense.

But it's a bit unfair to blame the league. The blame lays with those who voted on these rules some time ago.

Easy fix, every club to have 50 minimum registered players by Feb 15th. That in turn puts all clubs on a level playing field and if clubs can't comply it gives the league time to jump in and help, which I believe they tried to do with Wingies. Time ran out.
by Yank Man
Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just read the Sportsbeat, which I presume is also The Bounce, and Shane Brown the Brahma Pres is now the coach, HBF will be Pi....ed. Central United finished eighth last year, just in front of Mawson Lakes, Angle Vale and Mitchell Park. :lol:

Seriously, who writes this garbage. :D By the way Div 7 doesn't exist so FFS don't come down here.
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the Adelaide Uni lads today. You always know you are going to get with them. Good standard game and played in really good spirit. We ran with them for 3 quarters but their class showed out in the end and we went down by around 7 goals.
by Yank Man
Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many games did Dudley get at the tribunal last night?

o hai Q

4 games apparently

What did he do?
Belted the SPOSFC runner after the game

3 games for striking 1 game for umpire abuse. Wasn't he a part of the North Pines debacle last year against Adel Uni. The Owls would be shattered. Hope they get him back on track because he can play, but that sort of garbage has no place in our game.

Also interested to see 5 reports from Div 7 in only round 2. Not like we are playing for sheep stations down here and I seriously hope it's not something that is going to worsen.
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Who?

B Grader.....next
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |