Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

A few posters bagged the crap out of Steve Smith, and look how that turned out.
Marsh has a good technique against the quicks. Growing up on the bouncy decks has helped.
Not saying he deserves his spot but the guy can bat and at his best will score big runs. Another bloody left hander though!

Difference there was while Smith was failing a test level he was going back to the shield and consistently averaging between 40-50 year after year
by whufc
Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

what a joke i think atca have jumped the gun early here, everyone wants to play cricket and whats is the difference between 41 & 42 other then the obvious

Think the ATCA have acted sensibly.....remember they had a bloke die in their competition a few years ago in much cooler conditions (high 30's) than this.
by heater31
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

This is the first real test of the 9 round season. Last year no games were lost to weather so nothing was really thought of it. Suddenly we miss a game or two due to weather and we are down to an 8 or 7 round season. Is this a good thing? If we get a bad year we could see a 5 or 6 round season. Hardly makes for a fair competition let alone value for the commitment blokes put into the game.

Time to stop wasting Saturdays for mickey mouse 20/20. Play them mid week or on Sundays.....
by heater31
Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Do you know whats funny. How John Olsens on his way back to Adelaide to find out why Adelaide were given the go ahead to use the guernsey, and maybe renegotiate the revenue being split between the AFC and the 9 SANFL clubs, instead of the South Australian Crows keeping all the money.

Also, there was a reason the SANFL didnt sell the State guernsey in shops. It was to keep the jumper sacred, and so only deserving players were able to own one. Now thats ****** isnt it.
Funnily HH3, that name selection actually says it all. If they are the club for ALL South Australians then "The South Australian Crows" would be more appropriate.

But they are not are they? They are the Adelaide Crows, a Franchise spurned from the SANFL, to compete in a club based expansionist league that bears no relationship to state whatsoever.

DD14, you denigrate the SANFL and it's supporters by telling us we are a small minority and in fact smaller than even the SAAFL. But in the next breath tell us that the AFC was born from all the SANFL clubs and therefore does represent state football and appropriately is entitled to wear the State Guernsey. It does seem to me that you want it both ways.

But hey what would I know. I'm a pom who doesn't even live there, but I'm pretty sure that I have more respect for South Australia and its national Guernsey than any of those so called "decision makers" who are only interested in the promotion of the Crows for financial gains, and possibly a good few Crow supporters.
by johntheclaret
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GONG or Wronggggggg

The only problem with Matty Wade is his wicked keeping. Dreadful.

It is beyond comprehension how Hartley isn't around the place. He is clearly the best gloveman in the country, Haddin included. They say his batting isn't good enough but he has averaged more than the wonder boy Marsh in each of the last three seasons.
by robranisgod
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

carey wrote:
whufc wrote:For me the line up will be

1. Warner
2. Rogers
3. Watson
4. Smith
5. S.Marsh
6. Burns
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Lyon
10. Harris
11. Hazelwood

Swap Haddin and Johnson.

Swap Marsh and Lyon too... Marsh is a dud.
by Failed Creation
Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

RustyCage wrote:Marsh gone. In comes Burns

Surely they'll give him the arse now?

When will they realise that he's not up to it?
by Failed Creation
Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No footy again next week for me and my team

The season is already at an all time record for how short it is.
Needs more games.
8 teams playing each other three times would be perfect for a minor round.

Well 8 teams ain't gonna happen cause your muppet club voted yes to the AFL reserves being in the comp!!!!!
Don't blame my Muppet club, it was my Muppet clubs Muppet president!
by Wedgie
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |