Search found 156 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Browny25 wrote:Anyone played golf in Las Vegas? Suggestions??

Don't know you but I hate you for even getting to ask this question
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Homeland

"Buy". Lol
by OnSong
Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A man is in a hotel lobby. He wants to ask the clerk a question. As he turns to go to the front desk, he accidentally bumps into a woman beside him and as he does, his elbow goes into her breast. They are both startled and he says, "Ma'am, if your heart is as soft as your breast, I know you'll forgive me." She replies, "if your penis is as hard as your elbow, I'm in room 1221.
by HH3
Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

I wouldn't live anywhere else but Adelaide.

Its not perfect, but neither is anywhere else within the country.
by GWW
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Scoring a set of taylormade r7 irons (3I-PW plus 2 x lob wedges), rescue club and fairway wood for $50 at a garage sale on the w/end
by MW
Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL feels need to emphasise risks of ducking

I thought if you ducked its not a free? Isn't the issue more that players cottoned onto this and have their legs drop out from under them so as to get hit high?
If you're about to get in the face its a natural reaction to duck your head.

Not paying a free is not enough of a deterrent as the umpires are not skilled enough to get it 100% right so players still risk their safety in the hope the umpires dont consider they ducked.
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Q. wrote:I wonder what Cook would do if he won the toss?

Probably shit his pants ;)
by heater31
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

did you see that little "where i came from" clip during the tea break that they played about warner? shows a whole different side to him, awesome imo.
by bennymacca
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

Dutchy wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I am strongly looking at that too Dutch. What are your thoughts on a Port win using the sportsbet money back special?

Sorry only just seen this, good bet at the minute!

Yep, got in after a few nervous moments.

Rounded out a good night with the overs coming in aswell.
by valleys07
Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australia for telling Tony F---k Off!
by shoe boy
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

So it's looking like 23 Labor, 21 Liberal & 2 IND with 1 undecided which is probably going to go to the Libs. If it goes to Labor then they can form govt in their own right but if as expected to the Libs then they can possibly form minority govt with the two indies where as Labor only need to convince 1 of those 2 indies to form govt at worst.

Labor are in the box seat to form govt but there is an argument that Labor might be better off allowing the Libs to form govt to avoid what would almost certainly be a Labor wipeout at the next election. I don't subscribe to that and if as expected Labor forms govt either in it's own right or with an indie you go with it and do the best you can for the next four years. Whatever might happen in 2018 may or may not happen.

if abbott doesnt turn things around federally they could get a swing towards them in 2018 imo
by bennymacca
Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

That's the thing isn't it. Give us something to vote for, not a reason to vote against a party.
by gadj1976
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

How so?
I said there was no rule for incorrect disposal and there is a rule for holding the ball, thought it was clear enough but obviously not for some.
The ball can come out in a manner of ways from a tackle legally not necessarily from a handball or kick.
I reiterate there is no rule for Incorrect Disposal.
There is a rule for holding the ball.
I've laughed at ignorant people for years screaming out dropping the ball or incorrect disposal and will continue to do so.
by Wedgie
Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide's Thursday Night SANFL Show

The Sleeping Giant wrote:And it begins. 5 guests. 2 AFL reserves coaches.

They certainly haven't had enough press coverage.

Awwww. Look at you getting your feathers all ruffled over nothing.
by beenreal
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

Backman rarely get the vest, but you could be right.
by The Sleeping Giant
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Even though we lost last nite I wasn't overly dissapointed with the result. First up Geelong @ Geelong is always a tough ask, doesn't matter who you are. Dangerfield/Sloane were a bit quiet to their norm. Some postives were Grigg (he carved up in SANFL finals last year) and is going to be a gun for us. Also thought Johnston gave us something up forward as well. Not great that we let the margin blow out to 6+ goals after hitting the front early in the last qtr.

Sidenote: Is Selwood the most protected species in the AFL??? The next time he ducks his head I hope someone takes it clean orfff!!
by Hefty
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

from a neutral, i was actually pretty impressed by the crows... I don't think anyone expected them to win, but were very competitive for 3 and a bit quarters.
And anyone who reckons Geelong won't be around the mark again this year is on acid...
by woodublieve12
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/far-fewer-free-kicks-paid-across-round-1-as-umps-told-to-only-pay-obvious-infringements/story-fni5f22o-1226862601719

finally a good news story about umpires. i watched a few games over the last 2 weeks, most of the FTA ones, and I think that the umpiring was pretty good in all of the games. then i read this article above that it is the lowest average for a round in 10 years.

hopefully it stays like that. as much as people whinge when players get held without the ball (dangerfield manhandled at ever contest) it is much better than the other way round, where every single little tap on the shoulder is penalised.

i like the rule that ducking doesnt get you a free kick, though they have to draw the line between ducking and putting your head over the ball. and selwood still managed to get way too many free kicks.

but other than that i thought it was umpired really well, more like "finals" umpiring, which is how it should be.
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

Who cares if they deliberately kick long down the line to the boundary. I only have a concern if they are close to the line and deliberately take it out to consume time.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Considering they have won 11 out of their last 12 against the tigers- wouldnt be the worst bet.

I work with a Richmond fan, I asked him how confident he was. he wasn't that confident and then told me that stat!

he did say and was hoping no Judd, Betts, walker would help the tigers chances

Kreuzer in doubt too. not that he ever does much anyway.
by JK
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sportingbet Special - Richmond/Hawks Win
1 Unit @ $4.00

Last 13 games between these teams have gone over 180.

Richmond/Carlton Over 180.5
1 Unit @ $1.90
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

round 3

the suns are $1.66 v lions $2.15

the suns are coming back from WA in the wet, whilst the lions played an even game against the cats also in the wet. im thinking the Lions could be some value this week with a point start
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Righto, began my official weight loss Monday (had to wait until after cricket finals!)

Starting Weight: 98.3kg
Myfitnesspal calorie counter says goal of 6, 611 kj per day.

3 months to drop some weight and get my cholesterol levels back to normal!
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Daylight savings should finish the weekend after the big festivities - eg Adelaide Cup or V8s
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

started at 102kg at the start of feb, now i'm at 93.8 as of yesterday. hopefully be down to 92 by the end of the week...
by woodublieve12
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

groin area for me.........
by the big bang
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wedding Venue

I think ours was done under $4k - fairly happy it wasn't near the average cost which is around $36k

I just hope you lads can afford the food and drinks package to cater for us SAFOOTY family
by mighty_tiger_79
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:slow cookers

Yea boi

Dat pulled pork on buns, hnng

Pulled pork is where it's at. Word.
by Spargo
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if Adelaide have ever thought about improving goal kicking and tackling. Both have been an issue for about 5 years now
by Tassie Blues
Sat May 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
carey wrote:West End Draught. Can't go wrong

:oops: :oops:

cant go wrong with West End if the only other option is Visitors Beer

Bullshit, WED stubby is awesome, even out of a pint glass at the pub goes alright. The tins are average though
by heater31
Sun May 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:"They have been doing it since 1991
Its in their DNA."

Port supPORTer
On talk back radio
Discussing why Adelaide barrackers left the game , before the end, against Melbourne

Comedy gold, a port supporter taking the higher ground re how to support.
#realshortmemory #tarps
by Spargo
Mon May 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like it!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu May 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Radar to be dropped is my mail. Yewwwwww! :D Hate the way he goes about it. Hopefully we blood Cameron in his place.
by Coach Bombay
Tue May 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no idea what people see in CEY his shit.

It amazes me how Grigg isn't in every week. I rate him 10 times the player CEY is. He is like Hitchcock for us a list clogger!
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

the thing is though, all of these measures are kind of sensible if you ask me. Raising excise and income tax is the perogative of the government, and I dont think it is outrageous that they do that.

BUT

They won the election on the back of a NO TAX policy, the core of their whole time in opposition was stop the boats, and axe the tax. So for the to now turn around and try and increase taxes is just the height of hypocrisy.
by bennymacca
Fri May 09, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty excited for the first full night game at Adelaide oval though.
by bennymacca
Wed May 14, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Golf Courses in South Australia

I had the pleasure of playing grange east course with Sorry Dude. Apart from the sh1t weather it was a great experience. The best course id been on prior wouldve been Mt Lofty.
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Texting my wife instead of my son asking his opinion on her 40th birthday present idea.
by Arch44
Wed May 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate getting a spa suite all paid for by the boss for the weekend.
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri May 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2013

Three blokes for mine could hold their heads up - Captain Scott, Maxwell and Frost. The others were nowhere.
Last night also showed how much we miss Ben Reid. He could have been part of a dangerous three tall forward line - like the Crows had. Or gone down back to quell Jenkins, who is really starting to find his feet.
you know you're going rough when this bloke is a stand out
by woodublieve12
Fri May 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Hannebery with no case to answer for his bump on Hurley. Thank god for that.
by saintal
Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 NBL Season + Off-season news/Boomers

The 36ers have announced they've re-signed Mitch Creek to a 2 year deal with an option for a third year.

Also the Wildcats have re-signed Damian Martin also to a 2 year deal with the option of a 3rd year.

Unfortunately Chris Goulding has pulled out of the Boomers squad against China to concentrate on NBA tryouts.

Great to see Mitch back on board. Really need to land another class import to take the next step or two if Ervin isn't returning. ennis and beal were the difference. Desperately need a quality outside shooter. Goulding is a Wa*k , couldn't see him getting a roster spot in the NBA . Look forward to hating him again next year if he doesn't go elsewhere overseas
by Freo HeaveHo
Thu May 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i think we do sometimes :lol:
fair point... :)
by woodublieve12
Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On behalf of the NMFC I would like to say that I believe Stevie J's actions deserved a match and we are thrilled this is what he received.
by Spargo
Wed May 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

Trav Varcoe must be getting horribly close to selection in that side. Never gets the pill and when the ball goes in his area it comes straight back.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed May 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Scott - World # 1.
by Spargo
Mon May 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |