Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: CDFC 2021

who were the past players that helped roy and I mean premiership players that helped aside from gowans as runner for one year? I don't recall buckets helping out for more than a couple of sessions just after he retired. I could be wrong but I doubt it. switala and those you mentioned are no where to be seen, apart from richie for years. I hope it changes now thomo is coach . to have a great club you need to fall back on past champions just like port did before the power came along. we have now fallen back into old ways and won't improve without changes.question do you think Kris Grant has been there too long?
by bullydog
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v Port Saturday 2.10

I don't care how small or young the players are, when you are at home and leading you should not lose. nothing has changed with a different coach. too many at the club living on past glories and hopefully at seasons end they will depart.
Including some "supporters" I hope.
Lots has changed with a new coach.

I have followed the club for about 50 years and if I have an opinion I will say it. so what's changed with the coach then? it seems to me we were mediocre before the premiership run and some fans are happy to be mediocre again. she'll be right we're building for next year. in case some have forgotten we last won a flag in 2010. since then it's been downhill. if you're happy with that good luck to you.
by bullydog
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Central v Sturt Saturday 1410

there was a time not long ago that we rarely lost at elizabeth, now we can't win a game there.
So what, the grand final isn't played at Elizabeth.
I've been saying for a while now that Elizabeth Oval is waaay too big, doesn't suit the modern game. so what? winning most home games has always been a top priority. if you can't win most there you ain't going to win many anywhere.
by bullydog
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R19 Eagles v Centrals Sat 2.10

the club next year need to try and engage some of our premiership players to help out when they can. we have no grunt and players like the gowans brothers could help there, someone like matthew slade to teach them what tough on ball stuff is. even a bloke like quinton graham who can teach the defenders to run through packs when needed. sibenaler could do the same. so many that could help but the club won't ask. Thomo should get on the front foot and ask them, he did play with them after all. hopefully Greg Edwards can get some grunt back in the club because it's been missing for quite a few years now.
by bullydog
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 North v Centrals

being a central fan as a kid in the seventies we had some good and very average times. it was great when we had the decade of dominance but since then we have gone backwards. I don't know exactly what it is, players? coaches? admin? I doubt I will see another flag for at least ten years which would make me 70 when it happens.I hope I'm wrong, but we are back to being a mediocre team and I can only hope Meggsy Edwards weaves a little of the magic he did with North. I have not seen one of the past premiership players back at the games for a long time.no idea where the Gowans boys are these days or any of the other players but the club could do with their Imput. I can't see where we are going atm but looking from my eyes it is nowhere.
by bullydog
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |