Search found more than 1242 matches

Return

Re: 2015 Ashes

gadj1976 wrote:FFS. Bring in a keeper that uses his feet. That was an easy catch to ANY keeper.

There, fixed it for you.
FFS then carries on and appeals for the one he takes down leg side next ball.
by daysofourlives
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

^^^I think what the system is banking on is, that when one club gets caught, the penalty is so severe that all other clubs decide it's not worth the risk.

Basically, deterrence factor.
Yep all it will take is a perceived big spender along with their star players to get a tap on the shoulder from both the SACFL and ATO and every other club in the state will run for the hills...

Even the ATO isnt going to worry about a guy earning 10 or 20k tax free, not worth the effort to investigate for the return they get.
SACFL will have no power when leagues disaffiliate.
Clubs get nothing now from AFL/SANFL that they couldnt do without.
Go suck a fat one i say.
The only clubs that will adhere to it are amateur league clubs but thats only becauses they wouldnt have any idea how to raise more than 3k a week anyway
by daysofourlives
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

so should you before you pass comment BR84, wanker.
by daysofourlives
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LBW shout given not out first ball after lunch, Aust. Review.
Plumber than Watson's, what a ******* joke

Thought it was leg side ish live and I thought decision was fair enough
But thats where the problem is, Watsons was clipping leg by 1mm but it stayed with the umps call. Id rather they get rid of the umps call crap, if its out its out, shouldnt revert back to umps call.
In that case both would of been out today

Umm isnt the idea of the review system to get rid of the "howlers", umpires calls are not howlers. Its just the rub of the green how it goes, this match has gone with England.
Tests wouldnt last 2 days if everything nicking the stumps was given out
by daysofourlives
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 and we're into the home stretch

Couldnt watch that without a lump in the throat and tearing up, massive respect to the West Coast crowd and the Eagles players.
Can only imagine what the players are feeling if it makes us with no close ties tear up
by daysofourlives
Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - REB on School Holidays?

Finally some luck going my way, had a tie in my Hogg match pre scaling of the last game, got up by 2 in the end despite having Fyfe as C
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That could all change pretty quickly if the salary cap comes in, why would someone drive to Langhorne Creek, Victor Harbour etc when they could drive 10 or 20min down the road for the same $$$, GSFL might have a quick change of opinion then hey because I am sure most of those guys play down there for the love of it

The argument that players wont travel because they can get the same money closer to town doesnt stack up. The $3k/wk cap and the points system means that players will still have to travel to further out leagues.[/quote]

Yeah so the shitter players will have to travel to get their coin.
Id love to see an alteration to the points rather than the salary cap. If a prospective new points player was at his previous club for only one year he should be an additional point and if he had 2 clubs in the previous 2 years be an additional 2 points and so on. Something along those lines to slow the movement of players from club to club thus potentially driving the payments down.
Thoughts?
by daysofourlives
Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gee didnt see that coming dickhead!!!
What the **** are we thinking when playing Ali
by daysofourlives
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect

Do the Crows reserves not feel grief and need support from their fans like the senior team?
Terrible crowd last week out at Elizabeth and again today. Id venture to say that more fans made the journey to Perth last week than have turned up in the last 2 weeks combined.
Maybe instead of gathering at Elder Park tomorrow they couldve gone to one of their reserves games
by daysofourlives
Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair to say Watson has played his last test with Marsh getting the 2 key wickets today
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:What proportion of the ball has to be hitting the stumps for a not out LBW decision to be overturned? 50%?

Yep thats correct.
I think there is nothing really wrong with the current interpretations. Only change would be that you dont lose a review if its umpires call
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The run home

I didnt worry about doing every game in the predictor, whats the point? same result everytime, Hawks Premiers
by daysofourlives
Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

A couple of things I saw with the crows,

1. Need to improve kicking out from behind as we seem to kick to a pack most times and the ball is kept within the 50 .
2. Should we have another ruckman and keep Jenkins in the forward line?
3. Do we tag Ablett this week and if so, who does it?

Did you watch Sunday? You blokes took it from deep in defence to the wings without any problems at all.

I thought our kicking was excellent on the weekend, probably the best it has been all season, particularly Henderson who was very composed every time he had the ball

Except that one time he kicked it straight to Wingard from the kick in and just stood in the goal square hands on hips as Wingard gathered the loose ball and snapped a goal. He couldve prevented the goal had he not been sulking
by daysofourlives
Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 stuff

Gee the Bulldogs play attractive footy, great to watch.

Two simple things will fix the look of the game.
1. Get all Roos clones out of the coaching box
2. Get Clarkson clones in
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No need to have the points system if the salary cap comes in is there?
by daysofourlives
Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

He should just move onto his political career now and spare us the politics in football
by daysofourlives
Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Last roll of the dice

Feenix wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Fyfe out, I reckon Ross just takes great pleasure in ******* over everyones fantasy games at the pointy end of the season

At least Fyfe being out affects everyone, I’ve got bench cover so hopefully ill be fine.

Either that or do you pull the trigger on Fyfe, could be a good POD not to have him
by daysofourlives
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where was the media and AFL when Milne was getting booed?
I see Goodes no different to the way i saw Milne, both just highly irritating.

Obviously Goodes has said he is hurt by the booing but had he said it spurs him on to perform better im sure it wouldve stopped by now. Well that and if the media wasnt in the business of selling papers and ratings.

Wayne Carey and Dermott Brereton wouldnt have even played 50 games had they been offended by booing.

And on the dance he did against Carlton, i am sick and tired of seeing references and comparisons between that and the haka. The haka has tribal traditions going back years, this so called war dance was concocted a couple years ago by a group of teenage boys, Its not traditional it was confrontational and directed at the fans. It has only served to add some more fuel to the fire
by daysofourlives
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wedgie wrote:Cya Rammy. :)

And i had us to reach the magical 200 by 4pm tomorrow
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mike Sheahan's Teams of decades - 60's to 00's

Browny25 wrote:No Adam Goodes in the 00s team

Only won 2 brownlows during that time

Racist?

Na, he's just not that good, 2 brownlows means the umpires like him.
Did he win any MVP's as voted by the players or coaches, genuine question as i dont know the answer
by daysofourlives
Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Have to agree with Benny somewhat in that the standard will drop.
If an AFL reserves comp starts it will be back to the future. We will be where we were 2 years ago where AFL players were dropped back to their aligned club, only this time it will be with top up players not borderline AFL players.
Not that i think this is a bad thing, at least we will get some passion back in the SANFL
by daysofourlives
Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

The football doesn't need fixing. The umpiring needs a goddam overhaul.

Thought the umpiring was better the other week when they paid more frees, they take way too long to call for a ball up. As soon as a tackle is made blow the whistle, its either a ball up or holding the ball or in the back (they seem to have forgotten this rule). Dont give the players a chance to get to the congestion. I have noticed creeping in is a team mate ripping the ball out of a guys hands that has been tackled, last time i checked thats a throw or incorrect disposal whatever you want to call it, its illegal to hand the ball to a team mate
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The AFL contacting the four clubs that are playing Essendon the remainder of the season, requesting players don't sledge them re drugs/injections etc
You know, all the things they DID DO.
Yeah, have to agree. Sledging is great and it should be open slather. Think the AFL is getting a bit precious

We can all thank Adam Goodes for that
by daysofourlives
Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Nice article in The Leader today from the archives about player payments. In 1967 the then South Adelaide coach Peter Darley voiced his concerns about player payments in country footy ruining the SANFL. Players in the SANFL were paid $10/game and they could get up to $20 in the country. He also said players couldnt focus on footy, they were thinking about the money too much :)
So i guess nothings changed except the SANFL clubs sold out to the two AFL clubs and now dont have 2 cents to its name. They also eroded the prestige in playing SANFL at the same time. So now unless you think you might be a draft prospect why would you play SANFL
by daysofourlives
Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice article in The Leader today from the archives about player payments. In 1967 the then South Adelaide coach Peter Darley voiced his concerns about player payments in country footy ruining the SANFL. Players in the SANFL were paid $10/game and they could get up to $20 in the country. He also said players couldnt focus on footy, they were thinking about the money too much :)
So i guess nothings changed except the SANFL clubs sold out to the two AFL clubs and now dont have 2 cents to its name. They also eroded the prestige in playing SANFL at the same time. So now unless you think you might be a draft prospect why would you play SANFL

CORRECT ....

Because some players still like to play in the best league in the state rather than chase cash elsewhere in country leagues.. If you think playing country footy is more prestigious than SANFL then I have grave concerns for your mental state. Maybe not as financially rewarding for some, but certainly more prestige in SANFL footy

Where did i say country footy was more prestigious than SANFL?
I said when the SANFL sold its soul, your club being one of them, the prestige also went with it.
by daysofourlives
Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian cricket & the future

Almost time to go for the Steve Waugh type selection with one or two young batsman. Pick a couple you think will make it and just back them in for a couple years. Head might be one, must be some young prodigy in NSW
by daysofourlives
Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

The league outs it back into the clubs via reduced fees etc...

Its like asking what country leagues do with the entry fees they charge at the gate each week and saying they dont need the money ..

Actually no its nothing like that. The clubs keep the entrance fees, the league keeps their finger out of the pie. But then the country leagues dont have paid administrators. Well worth it i guess when you can get control of the CFL
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and it's getting fair dinkum

Titus O'Reilly- "The WA government has announced a cull of Chris Mastens"

Gold
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

magpieeagle wrote:How far away is the draw for the new season? Will there be many Sat/Sun games in A1R?

Probably a month. havnt had team nominations yet.
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty's 2015 Lobster League

Had forgotten to pay, just did it now :oops:
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angaston will be ready to go for the start of the season.

Greenock, Saddleworth ( Gilbert Valley) and Mallala will be going in in January 2016
South Gawler in January 2017 and Lyndoch possibly at the same time.
As far as I know only Freeling and Gaw Central with no definite plans as yet
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Club Membership

We're a happy team at Hawthorn.

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/nightline/wp-content/uploads/puppies.jpeg

WOOF

regards,

REB

Who cares about memberships and all this my dicks bigger than yours crap. Its all the biggest load of propaganda dished up by the AFL so they can beat their dicks about growth in the game that just isnt there. if you say it often enough people will believe it.
Premierships is what counts and thats where we are number 1 in the AFL
by daysofourlives
Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
stan wrote:Love titus work.

Yeah same. Seen his recent one about Ross Lyon?

The one about resting his players this week rather than the Grand Final like your mob last year?
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Finals - Week 1

Big Phil wrote:
rocketeer wrote:SANFL got it the wrong way around. North v Port is the qualifying final.

You are right, they have to...

Have edited my original post, accordingly...

FFS, that just sums up the level of competency at the SANFL, is it little wonder the comp is faarked
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gallarello to coach South next year is what im hearing
Nelson to coach Angaston
Any other coaching movements?

Steve " the recruit" Rusca to poll most from Ango, doubt he'd poll enough to win.
Turrell to win the medal.
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal predictions

Smokey would be Travis Schiller from Central Districts...

Doubt it Big Phil, as reported in yesterdays Sunday Mail, will lose votes to his brother, Jarrod, who bears an uncanny resemblance to him. :roll:

Or since the addition of Presbury to the team his votes may go through the roof with umps seeing him twice as much
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The draw is now up on Mycricket

Greenock and Saddleworth confirmed as putting in turf pitches in January 2016.

Lyndoch, Mallala and South Gawler to go in in Jan 2017.
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surprise surprise Slattery gets off
by daysofourlives
Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Wow.
Anyone see that coming, especially after Priddis pulled out.
All of a sudden our bottom 5 blokes, really stood up.
Hill,Hutchings, Ellis, Butler, McGinnity.
Nic Nat seems to be playing limited time in the ruck. He is so dominate, it annoys me sometimes when he isn't in there. Even though Sinclair is way above average.
Shuey was awesome in the first half. Good to see him do it.
Rosa and Hutchings were excellent.
Whenever Hurn gets 20+ touches! we will rarely lose.
Hawks first 4 goals were from frees or 50s.
Bring on Nth or Richmond.
I'd rather Nth.
Go West Coast.

Yep if the Hawks dont win it id love to see Bunga lift the cup and win a Norm Smith
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where is the Grand Final being played?

I might come up and have a look.

Kapunda

A- Nuri v Gaw Cent
B- Gaw Cent v Nuri
U17- Gaw Cent v Barossa
U 15- South Gawler v Nuri

15s will be close 3pts
As may be closer than what people think 12pts
Bs easy win to Cent 53pts
U17 absolute mauling 90pts
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:What's the cost for affiliation with the B&LCA?

$100 per club
$100 per senior team, $50 per junior team
Insurance $130 per senior team $65 per junior team
Once off $500 to join the Assoc
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Was re-selling my Crichton tickets back to the club as I cant attend this year and the bloke im selling them to is in one of our coteries. Mentioned that Worsfold has been offered 5 years at around a mill a year. Would look at bringing in McKenna and Pyke as assistants on decent $$ aswell.
He also indicated the Crows have a 5 year offer also but for a bit less cash. The feeling at the club internally is he will stay in Adelaide so they will improve their offer once the Crows season ends

Oh so your not going through the process like your saying publicly?
That went well the last couple times you did that
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

Lake and Frawley struggling lol
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:This is great, just need the Hawks to keep going and then Danger to go to Geelong and then we can sit back and watch this club turn into the rabble they are!!!!

Will be far more entertaining if he goes to a club that isnt Geelong
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Taylor Walker lead for f**k sake!!

It's not Taylor Walker it's Wayne Carey! =)) =)) =))

Safe to assume you wont be changing your name/avatar anytime soon then?
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got me faaaarked how you spazzos can give Betts shit.
He's a forward that hasn't seen the footy.
At least he's trying to get into the game.
Van Berlo - McKay - passengers.
Grow a brain you people.
I'm not even a Cows supporter but I can see bullshit when it's in front of me.
Wanks.

The knocks on him in this forum was he doesn't get near it vs Hawks.
He has had 1 touch.
The blokes who gave him stick about the vs Hawks thing are currently being proven right.
So they continue to pile it on until they are proven otherwise.
Your either with it or against it.
I'm with it, you're against it.
Good understanding of the game Helli Cock Ter King.

Betts now has 8 kicks in his 3 games for Adel v Haw, still just the 2 goals
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

RustyCage wrote:Schulz signs on for 2016

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/201 ... -with-port

Port recruiting for their Magpies Forward line
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 All Australian Squad

Who gives a rats toss bag about AA anyway, only clubs, players and supporters who are'nt winning flags care.
by daysofourlives
Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |